The Window is over.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Window is over.

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 am

Unlike a lot times in the last 20 years with some of you, this is not an angry post. In fact I must admit I took a nap and slept right through the entire game! Folks, the window is over, This team needs a major retool. Gone are Sherm, Kam, Bennett, Iffetti, Avril, etc etc. We are looking at a major re-tool in which Wilson will be the focal point. Whether you choose to put the money on the Offense or Defense, really doesn't matter. Next year we need a new team. The replays on this were a disgrace.
obiken
Legacy

Re: The Window is over.

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 am

Funny thing is, Obi, that we'd be right in the thick of it (legitimately) if we had an OC who knew what the F he was doing.
Seriously, Nobody in this forum can make a good case for keeping either Tweedledee or Tweedledum, otherwise know as Tom & Darrell.

They're better suited to be with Manny, Moe & Jack down at Pep Boys than they are suited for coaching. Wtf, are we doing launching 6 or 7 long shot bombs with very little chance of anything good coming from it? RW did hit a couple of those of course, but Dips*** Darrell did Nothing to really create any kind of rhythm or balance. Routinely, we score next to nothing in the first half of games. How anyone Can't be sick of this crap, I dunno.

But coaching changes HAVE TO HAPPEN for our team to have any real legit future offensively. And this is where Pete enters, because his own loyalty is costing him dearly for another chance at a SB.

We're not gonna win another one with the idiots who are both assigned to protect RW, while putting our offense in the best possible position to execute a play. Neither has, or will be done effectively, until these dopes are fired or move on.

I mentioned elsewhere, too, that I wonder what kind of control, if any, Pete has over his players. Even if we had won today, it wouldn't change a thing for me opinion wise. We're a decent team who can't get out of our own way, and it's a shame, because that's been a tougher thing to overcome than Any opponent we've faced all year.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:03 am

A loss to Jacksonville in their house isn't an end of the world scenario. They're a good team this year, especially their defense. This was a toss up. It's not like we lost to a non-competitive team like Frisco or the Giants. We lost to a legitimate contender having a good year. Jacksonville is number 2 total defense and number 1 points allowed. They're the number one pass defense in the league. I'm just chocking this up as a close loss to one of the best defenses in the league in their house. Not at all a reason to write up the team or assume the window is closed.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 am

I would like to know why Bevell said sayonara to the run when it got us all the way down the field before the half. Then calling a slow developing halfback pass laterally for of course no gain.

He makes some very good calls and then does extremely dumb calls mixed in. As long as he is here, this is what we will get as fans.

Of course we can always expect poor officiating as well, so the Hawks have to beat the other team, the officiating, AND our own OC. It happens every time we get into a game with a good defense.

This next game will be more of the same.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 am

L-80 has it spot on. Bevell refuses to stick with what is working. It's like he's playing Madden and trying to get to the endzone instantly, through trickery. Instead he takes fantastic drives and game plans and replaces them with bubble screens, halfback passes and bootlegging to their strongest side. I don't think the window is over, but I do think there will be some form of coaching change after this season. Probably Cable since SOMEHOW Bevell can routinely call "the worst play of the century" and still have a job.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:47 am

No worries! I suspect Bevell and Cable are first in line for coaching gigs at the NY Giants! LOL
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am

the window is not even closed this year, let alone going forward. Our window is open as long as Russ is under center and Pete is in charge.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am

The window may not have closed this year, but if we end up having multiple defensive linemen suspended for next week's game against the Rams, there won't be enough space between the window and the sill for an ant to crawl between.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:the window is not even closed this year, let alone going forward. Our window is open as long as Russ is under center and Pete is in charge.

Ok by over I meant the LOB. We need a total retool CB. Sorry, we are going the Ram game next week down up 5 starters off our once vaunted Defense. Sorry, Bennett needs to go. Its not the flag its that attitude.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Whatever dude your hate of Bennett isn't shared.

Go ahead and hate our most passionate players.

I'm so happy to have players like Bennett that show and play with passion.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Whatever dude your hate of Bennett isn't shared.

Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Largent80 wrote:Whatever dude your hate of Bennett isn't shared.

I do not hate Bennett but his done. His skills are diminished and his brain is fried. Sorry, I am tired of defending idiots. I hate Trump, I left the Party over defending Clinton, and I think Sherman is at the end of the line. I cannot defend yesterday and if I can sell it, I cant do it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:12 pm

obiken wrote:I'm so happy to have players like Bennett that show and play with passion.

I do not hate Bennett but his done. His skills are diminished and his brain is fried. Sorry, I am tired of defending idiots. I hate Trump, I left the Party over defending Clinton, and I think Sherman is at the end of the line. I cannot defend yesterday and if I can sell it, I cant do it.

I'm always surprised at how wide some people's definition of the word "hate" is. My definition is a lot narrower and is reserved for guys like Manson and Bundy.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 pm

obiken wrote:Whatever dude your hate of Bennett isn't shared.

I do not hate Bennett but his done. His skills are diminished and his brain is fried. Sorry, I am tired of defending idiots. I hate Trump, I left the Party over defending Clinton, and I think Sherman is at the end of the line. I cannot defend yesterday and if I can sell it, I cant do it.[/quote]

Jeezus dude. Relax. The NFL ruled no Seahawks are3 to be suspended.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Meh. In 2014 the Hawks were 5-6 and wound up in the divisional round. Time will tell.
Next 3 are must win games due to the state of the loaded NFC. There are a legit half dozen SB contenders .

I don’t think 10-6 gets us in without winning the division . If we lose Sunday the run is on hold for the year IMO
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Maybe a January off would be a good thing. They can watch Brady win again
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 am

You called him a POS, is that not hate or just disdain??
obiken
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:38 am

Uppercut wrote:No worries! I suspect Bevell and Cable are first in line for coaching gigs at the NY Giants! LOL

That would make me cry a little happy tear.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 am

obiken wrote:You called him a POS, is that not hate or just disdain??

It's just disdain. I do not like Michael Bennett, but it is not required for me to like them in order to root for them to be successful. It's like at work. I have some real jerks that have worked for me but since they happen to be on my crew, I do my best to set my personal feelings aside and support them and give them what ever they need to do their jobs.

In my book, hate is a whole different emotion. If I thought I could get away with it, I would truly try to kill a person that I hated. That's why my definition of the term is so narrow, and I fully recognize that other people may have a different way in which they describe it. It's just a matter of opinion.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 am

After yesterdays colossal butt whooping, Its time to get out of the delusional arena that we can tinker and make it better. JG, KC, Sherm, MB, CA, are probably all gone or should be. They are not what they used to and they are costing us too much money, especially JG. Jermaine Ifetti, is a bust and needs to go bye bye. We need to go out and get a good RB in the draft. Its time to give up on Rawl's ankle, and the rest of the little RB troop.
We have lost our identity. We no longer run the ball or stop the run.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 am

I don't think this is totally a player problem. When coaches are not held accountable for obvious problems that are coaching related you are not riding a stationary bike, you are sitting on that bike and it's rolling downhill backwards.

To make just one point, look at the kicking game. We were actually offsides on a kick !!!!!!!!! we gave up (again) gigantic returns on punts and kickoffs.

Using the "we made the playoffs 5 years in a row" tag to go into a new season doesn't cut it. These bloated older defensive and offensive contracts need to go. Bevell and Cable need to go, and if Pete can't do that, it pains me to say, there's the door.

Every single person here is passionate. We're on a damned message board. We have built our lives and devoted our Sundays for years around the Seahawks, and they show up with THAT????
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 am

obiken wrote:After yesterdays colossal butt whooping, Its time to get out of the delusional arena that we can tinker and make it better. JG, KC, Sherm, MB, CA, are probably all gone or should be. They are not what they used to and they are costing us too much money, especially JG. Jermaine Ifetti, is a bust and needs to go bye bye. We need to go out and get a good RB in the draft. Its time to give up on Rawl's ankle, and the rest of the little RB troop.

That's a typical reaction shared by many long time, passionate Seahawk fans that loves their team. It's Monday morning, and we're still not yet over the shock of that cold slap in the face yesterday.

I don't blame you, obi, and I don't disagree with you, either. But give it one more week.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 am

Sure, and that's why I keep you and Cbob around to keep me outta the tall grass!!
I just thing we been riding the LOB for a long time, and that time I think, ended yesterday.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 am

I think it’s over. There’s one team that reloads and everyone else rebuilds. As long as Russ is in the building we normally have a shot most weeks as long as we have a line and a coherent offensive philosophy. But 2013/14 ended on the goal line In the roaster and it’s been a slow decline ever since. Yesterday it went off the cliff in flames.
Rip it’s been the best 6 years of my life.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am

Giving up on Ifedi after 14 games at RT is foolish.
I think he's frustrated by having to learn 2 positions and 2 blocking schemes in 2 years after not really having been exposed to either in College.
Most OT's take a couple of years to really figure out the game. Some blossom and some never get it, but 1 year is far too short to give up on him.
If we do, we'll probably see him on another team playing pretty well and wondering what we missed.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

NorthHawk wrote:Giving up on Ifedi after 14 games at RT is foolish.
I think he's frustrated by having to learn 2 positions and 2 blocking schemes in 2 years after not really having been exposed to either in College.
Most OT's take a couple of years to really figure out the game. Some blossom and some never get it, but 1 year is far too short to give up on him.
If we do, we'll probably see him on another team playing pretty well and wondering what we missed.

Sorry, I disagree. He has been around now for 2 full years. Granted he has played for 18 games. What is salvageable? He cannot block and he is penalty machine. It was child's Play for the Ram DL yesterday. In 50 years of watching Pro football this is the worst OL I have ever seen. People want DB head but who was our OC for the SB run? Thats right door #1 DB.

I agree rebuild is a better term. However, we have a lot of FA's that are underwhelming at best. Richardson and Brown being the first 2. Another thing, I want Rusty Tillman back!! Moreover, It's just time to say that it is not sacrilegious to start to question PC's drafting. After the first 2 years its mediocre at best. IF we rebuild do we start to put more on the Offensive side vs the Defensive side?
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

OL take a few years to develop. The Titan fans were talking the same about Lewan his first year and now he's one of the better young Tackles.
Ifedi's a rookie RT as he's never played there in the NFL until this year.
He has had to learn both new fundamentals and new responsibilities within a blocking scheme that is complex.
Yah, maturity is an issue, but most players get past that at some point but he's the type of aggressive player we want if we are to become the bullies again like we were with Geno at RT.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 pm

As much as I hate making excuses for him, I have to stick up for Ifedi just a little bit. We've bounced him around quite a bit, moving him from tackle to guard and back to tackle again, and it's pretty hard to block for a quarterback like Russell Wilson. Plus I blame Cable almost as much as I do Ifedi himself for his lack of progress.

We aren't deep enough to start purging the roster of starting tackles with 2 years left on their rookie deals. Get rid of Cable and see what Ifedi can do under a new mentor.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

RiverDog wrote:As much as I hate making excuses for him, I have to stick up for Ifedi just a little bit. We've bounced him around quite a bit, moving him from tackle to guard and back to tackle again, and it's pretty hard to block for a quarterback like Russell Wilson. Plus I blame Cable almost as much as I do Ifedi himself for his lack of progress.

We aren't deep enough to start purging the roster of starting tackles with 2 years left on their rookie deals. Get rid of Cable and see what Ifedi can do under a new mentor.

Fine, I do not agree with you on him at all Riv, but I yield to your overwhelming common sense!!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:08 pm

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-her ... 8998595957

Cowherd started in the NW and he is usually spot on! It may be way worse for our future than I have been saying. He makes some great points, parallels, and facts.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm

obiken wrote:https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1118998595957

Cowherd started in the NW and he is usually spot on! It may be way worse for our future than I have been saying. He makes some great points, parallels, and facts.

It's an interesting take, but comparing teams in the NFL vs. college is truly apples and oranges, especially comparing the arrival of Shannahan and McVay at SF and LA vs. Kelly/Harbaugh at Oregon and Stanford.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 pm

What he does have right is they have young innovative OC's that are transforming their teams.
We're stuck in neutral at best and probably going backwards on Offense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

The problem will not be solved with just a couple of new coaches, healed up oldies and a few new guys. I would be shocked if Pete didn't bail.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:19 pm

We need to go out and get a good RB in the draft. Its time to give up on Rawl's ankle, and the rest of the little RB troop.

THIS!
I believe that given the foundation the Hawks have built upon in the PC JS era, i.e. tenacious Defense, & a solid running game can be salvaged, & improved upon with the running game in place. Think about it. The time & effort it takes to build a winning squad at the NFL level takes a ton of skill in the front office, a measure of luck, & a lot of health. I, for one have not given up on this administration, but I do believe that change effects attitude in a winning mentality & the Seahawks need a coaching change on the offense to move forward, Whether or not that change brings in superior talent at the coaching position or not. Sometimes a team needs change for the sake of change to re fortify these men to reinstill a championship mentality & believe in themselves as winners. I firmly believe that the time has arrived for that change. We are still a good team. We can return to greatness, i.e., Super Bowl caliber contenders with some changes in the offensive philosophy. Build a line to protect RW, & get a serious RB. THAT's what we need in my humble opinion folks. That is ALL we need.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum