"How to Kill the Goose that Lays Golden Eggs" by R.Goodell

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

"How to Kill the Goose that Lays Golden Eggs" by R.Goodell

Postby burrrton » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:20 pm

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad:

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL ... KSHOP.aspx

I'm watching my (nearly) lifelong passion slowly implode.
burrrton
Legacy

Re: "How to Kill the Goose that Lays Golden Eggs" by R.Goode

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm

This year has Easily been the least enjoyable since I started watching as a kid.
Protests..and notice how it's dying down, blah, blah, blah.
Jones vs Goodell.
Injuries to franchise QB's.
Refs have Never been worse.
I never really wanted to believe it, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the NFL uncovers their own refs throwing games in the future. They probably already know, but league still makes good money, lol.
I'm down to pretty much watching the Seahawks only, and if my computer is acting up, none at all.
I dunno what the league is gonna do, they seem too stupid these days to figure out everything:)
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 pm

I think this is in part to try to take the social concerns away from the field and be productive in the community with their causes. That should be a good thing.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am

The whole thing is filled with so much gobbly gook that it's difficult for me to tell what the purpose of this initiative is. What kind of change are they looking for? Are they talking about the police shootings? Chancellorsville? Kaepernick not having a job?

If they're trying to help fight illiteracy, help more poor kids get educations, buy computers for inter city libraries, or something that involves self help, I could support it, maybe even cut them a modest donation.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 am

I know I'm done giving them any more money. This is the last year I will pay for Sunday Ticket. I won't be buying jerseys, or any other related items.

Also, I'm growing tired of the unwillingness to make changes in the coaching staff of the Hawks as it relates to the offense. It's just being pigheaded and loyal to a fault, it's like staying with the abuser that's abusing you.

Basically my passion for the game has been sucked away by rules, greed and a feeling of crime being committed that I pay to watch.

Focker OUT.
Largent80
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum