Tired of hearing "We've got to get back to who we are."

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Tired of hearing "We've got to get back to who we are."

Postby trents » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Seattle executed a total of 12 running plays today. And we have seen in recent weeks that when the ground game starts to work the coaching staff mysteriously goes away from it. I'm tired of the rhetoric. The coaching staff says one thing and does another. Seems to me they don't give it enough of a chance to really know if it's going to jell or not.
trents
Legacy

Re: Tired of hearing "We've got to get back to who we are."

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm

trents wrote:Seattle executed a total of 12 running plays today. And we have seen in recent weeks that when the ground game starts to work the coaching staff mysteriously goes away from it. I'm tired of the rhetoric. The coaching staff says one thing and does another. Seems to me they don't give it enough of a chance to really know if it's going to jell or not.

ahh when exactly has the RB run game been working? Outside of 2 runs 2 games a go we have 2.5 ypc. this game 39 yards on 12 carries a whole 3ypc. not exactly great and we got down early so we needed to pass more
Anthony
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am

They need a RB who can make something out of nothing with alarming regularity, but other than that, the OL is the source of the problem.
It can be fixed. Look at the teams around the league that fixed their OL in one off season. Vikings replaced all 5 starters, LaRams changed philosophy and OL coaches along with a couple of pieces in FA and now they are pretty good.
The Steelers worked on their OL for a couple of years and they are pretty good run blockers and not bad pass blockers.
Ours has got worse the last 4 years.
So it can be done if the people in charge know how or want to do it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:27 am

trents wrote:Seattle executed a total of 12 running plays today. And we have seen in recent weeks that when the ground game starts to work the coaching staff mysteriously goes away from it. I'm tired of the rhetoric. The coaching staff says one thing and does another. Seems to me they don't give it enough of a chance to really know if it's going to jell or not.

It's pretty hard to stick to a running game when you're down 20-0 with 2 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter and 34-0 at halftime. The game plan pretty much gets thrown out the window at that point.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:44 am

Yeah ok but 7 sacks for -71 wasn’t good either . Parcels won a super bowl with the giants feeding an absolute plow horse OJ Anderson the ball 20+ times at 2.9 ypc vs the bills.

You have to run the ball, especially Seattle . You have to run vs the rams because they eat the passing game alive .

Would a 2 yard run to start the game have been worse than puking up the ball on the first play? . How many 3rd and forevers with holds, penalties and sacks ?

This team does not even try to run the ball period .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:06 am

They are out of excuses and so is everyone here, because this has all been talked about for years and in multitudes of threads and even the coaches themselves in press conferences.

It's all talk, the action following the talk does not coincide.

When you have a coach that is so stubborn on "what has worked" and keeps the same system in place when is is showing decline, the standard has already been set.

There is absolutely no reason to not do a complete change in the system as we know/knew it, and the league has proven it.

Yesterday was absolute proof. The Seahawks were soundly thrashed in EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME.

This quote will tell you everything you need to know....“This is the only game you’ve ever seen us play like this,” Carroll said postgame. “I can’t remember back to year one or something like that. Our expectations were that we were going to be right in the middle of this thing.”

Yesterday was reckoning day, and if it get's ignored it's a shame, but people are creatures of habit, we fans have been spoiled by this run of success, but it's like a bad marriage, "shoulda split a few years ago".

The truth is, that was the worst display of football that I have seen from this team in recent memory – or maybe ever. When the Seahawks had their destiny in their hands, they failed to show up. This is about as disappointed as I’ve been with this team in a long time. I know they’re dealing with a ton of injuries, but what we saw in this game went far beyond a short-handed team doing what it can. They were flat out no-shows.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Sox-n-hawks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:01 am

Largent80 wrote:They are out of excuses and so is everyone here, because this has all been talked about for years and in multitudes of threads and even the coaches themselves in press conferences.

When you have a coach that is so stubborn on "what has worked" and keeps the same system in place when is is showing decline, the standard has already been set.

There is absolutely no reason to not do a complete change in the system as we know/knew it, and the league has proven it.

Yesterday was absolute proof. The Seahawks were soundly thrashed in EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME.

This quote will tell you everything you need to know....“This is the only game you’ve ever seen us play like this,” Carroll said postgame. “I can’t remember back to year one or something like that. Our expectations were that we were going to be right in the middle of this thing.”

Yesterday was reckoning day, and if it get's ignored it's a shame, but people are creatures of habit, we fans have been spoiled by this run of success, but it's like a bad marriage, "shoulda split a few years ago".

The truth is, that was the worst display of football that I have seen from this team in recent memory – or maybe ever. When the Seahawks had their destiny in their hands, they failed to show up. This is about as disappointed as I’ve been with this team in a long time. I know they’re dealing with a ton of injuries, but what we saw in this game went far beyond a short-handed team doing what it can. They were flat out no-shows.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some personnel changes on this team in the near future. Coaching changes should happen, but it isn't probable unless we get wrecked by Dallas in the same fashion. If the Cowboys hang a 40 burger on us in Jerrys house, something will change.
Sox-n-hawks
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am

Largent80 wrote:They are out of excuses and so is everyone here, because this has all been talked about for years and in multitudes of threads and even the coaches themselves in press conferences.

I can't say that there's a lot I can disagree with in your remarks, at least not yet.

But let's finish out the season first. We have a big game next Sunday vs. the 'Girls. If we win that one and the contest against the Cards on the week following, we might be able to sneak into the playoffs, perhaps even the divisional title should the Rams do a face plant. I agree that it looks really, really bad, but we can't give up just yet.

Having said that, we have two chances of beating Dallas with this sorry azz team of ours..slim and none. They won a tight game last night and will be getting their star HB back. If I had to bet, I'd say that we lose by at least 2 scores.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:47 am

I agree, we are not a running team anymore, and we cannot stop the run. You cannot exist with the QB being your leading rusher. It destroys play action and they are dropping back no longer afraid of the run and rushing a boatload. We cannot get back to the team we were, sorry we dont have Lynch, Okung, Unger, Red Bryant, Mebane, Malcolm Smith, Thurmond and Irvin. All are gone now. WE are not that team, and we never will be.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 am

Yesterday's game was a 3 phase face plant. Nobody or group played particularly well, but the ST coverage and inability to move the ball was the worst I've seen since before Carroll arrived.
The Defense wasn't dominant, either but when you lose 5 out of 11 players who are potential pro bowlers, it's got to have an impact and with the Offense stumbling and ST giving up huge returns they were really stuck in a difficult position.

Let's see how they react in Dallas next week before we give up on them. If they just roll over then wholesale changes will have to be made, but if they scratch out a win or come very close it's a sign that less drastic moves are needed.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 am

NorthHawk wrote:Let's see how they react in Dallas next week before we give up on them. If they just roll over then wholesale changes will have to be made, but if they scratch out a win or come very close it's a sign that less drastic moves are needed.

Agreed. Leave it to North Hawk to offer the measured, rational approach. We still have a shot at the playoffs, even a division title.

But no one can blame our passionate fan base for calling for heads to roll. That was the most embarrassing game in the Pete Carroll era, bar none. If we lose big in Dallas, it's going to be a huge shout out for major changes next season. If we lose out and Pete doesn't have the balls to shake up the team, I wouldn't be the only one to risk falling off the bandwagon.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:29 am

The showing in Dallas doesn't even matter, especially when the team played it's best game a mere 2 weeks ago. It's like it never happened.

Anyone who still thinks this is a championship team is looking through Crimson Coke bottle glasses.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 am

Largent80 wrote:The showing in Dallas doesn't even matter, especially when the team played it's best game a mere 2 weeks ago. It's like it never happened.

Anyone who still thinks this is a championship team is looking through Crimson Coke bottle glasses.

I suffer from no delusions about this team, and I've sparred with some of my fellow Shack ups over the quality of this year's squad by claiming that we are not and never have been a SB contending quality team. As a matter of fact, in our Hawks Shack Pickum league (of which I wish you would have joined), I've correctly picked 5 of our 6 losses (the only one I missed on was the Redskins) and I hold an 11-3 record in predicting the outcome of our games this season. I'm not just some damn cheerleader.

What happens in Dallas next Sunday DOES matter. I'll grant you that It doesn't happen often, but so long as we're mathematically alive, it's still worth it to see it out to the finish. And I get a feeling that there's going to be a lot of players and coaches that will be competing for their jobs next season.

So hang in there, Bud!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:29 am

This year the injury bug bit us real hard. Maybe not in quantity, but in quality, so next week will show us if the players have tuned out the coaches or if they really want to win.
Dallas can be had - they aren't that good this year, so we have a real chance to win, and the final game against Arizona even if meaningless in the standings at that time will tell a lot about the make up of this team.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

NorthHawk wrote:This year the injury bug bit us real hard. Maybe not in quantity, but in quality, so next week will show us if the players have tuned out the coaches or if they really want to win.
Dallas can be had - they aren't that good this year, so we have a real chance to win, and the final game against Arizona even if meaningless in the standings at that time will tell a lot about the make up of this team.

We aren't that good this year, either.

The Cowboys have won 3 straight, they got Sean Lee back and playing near his peak, and they get Zeke Elliott back this week. The Cowboys will be viewing this as a playoff game. On the other hand, we've lost 2 in a row...er, perhaps we ought to count yesterday as two games, making it 3 in a row, and we're still banged up.

I don't see us being competitive. I think we end up losing by 17+.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I think that's why this game will show us a lot about who our players are as a team.
Will they be out to prove the last game was a fluke or will it be more of the same?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:18 pm

Dallas is on an upswing. 2 wins in a row, last night on the road and get a Seahawks team that defacated all over the field for every second of 60 minutes.

I m thinking forwardly not just making the playoffs. I hear Jim Mora Sr in my ear right now.

Really.... Who are we???
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:27 pm

In listening to Pete's press conference right after the game, I got the impression he was really ground up by this loss. He wasn't Positive Pete like other losses and he seemed to lack enthusiasm.
I wonder if it will be his last year and if he's thinking of moving on to different challenges.
It's nothing other than just a feeling I got with no other evidence to support it, but there was either some sadness or resignation in the air as if he was looking at the end of a journey.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Largent80 wrote:Dallas is on an upswing. 2 wins in a row, last night on the road and get a Seahawks team that defacated all over the field for every second of 60 minutes.

I m thinking forwardly not just making the playoffs. I hear Jim Mora Sr in my ear right now.

Really.... Who are we???

The Cowboys have won their last 3 in a row.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:56 pm

NorthHawk wrote:In listening to Pete's press conference right after the game, I got the impression he was really ground up by this loss. He wasn't Positive Pete like other losses and he seemed to lack enthusiasm.
I wonder if it will be his last year and if he's thinking of moving on to different challenges.
It's nothing other than just a feeling I got with no other evidence to support it, but there was either some sadness or resignation in the air as if he was looking at the end of a journey.

Boy, this would be a very poor time for Pete to go out. My impression is that he wants to go out like Bill Walsh, on top of the world and riding on his player's shoulders. If we lose out, which is a strong possibility, he'd be going out with his tail between his legs. I just don't think he'd want to define his career like that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:43 pm

RiverDog wrote:
It's pretty hard to stick to a running game when you're down 20-0 with 2 minutes gone in the 2nd quarter and 34-0 at halftime. The game plan pretty much gets thrown out the window at that point.

sarcasm on/ Are you kidding me Riv? That is the game plan. Coast through the first 3 quarters so we have enough energy to play the last quarter. Seems like the same game plan every week. /sarcasm
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Boy, this would be a very poor time for Pete to go out. My impression is that he wants to go out like Bill Walsh, on top of the world and riding on his player's shoulders. If we lose out, which is a strong possibility, he'd be going out with his tail between his legs. I just don't think he'd want to define his career like that.

You're probably right. Perhaps he was somewhat confused as to why it turned out as it did and how he was going to remedy it. But he did seem a little distant so maybe he was mulling things over in the back of his mind.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Let's see how they react in Dallas next week before we give up on them. If they just roll over then wholesale changes will have to be made, but if they scratch out a win or come very close it's a sign that less drastic moves are needed.
RiverDog wrote:
Agreed. Leave it to North Hawk to offer the measured, rational approach. We still have a shot at the playoffs, even a division title.

But no one can blame our passionate fan base for calling for heads to roll. That was the most embarrassing game in the Pete Carroll era, bar none. If we lose big in Dallas, it's going to be a huge shout out for major changes next season. If we lose out and Pete doesn't have the balls to shake up the team, I wouldn't be the only one to risk falling off the bandwagon.

Hmmm.... I think the lollipops and rainbows train has already left the station. I don't think it is coming back for a while either. I just don't see the "eye of the tiger" in this group anymore. Many got paid and comfortable and I don't think they are willing to risk any of that for the team anymore. I may be wrong but I don't think they are "hungry" for it.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:55 pm

"The eye of the Anus" substitute for (Tiger) would more than likely describe the Game yesterday from a Seahawk perspective.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 pm

idhawkman wrote:Hmmm.... I think the lollipops and rainbows train has already left the station. I don't think it is coming back for a while either. I just don't see the "eye of the tiger" in this group anymore. Many got paid and comfortable and I don't think they are willing to risk any of that for the team anymore. I may be wrong but I don't think they are "hungry" for it.

The lollipops and rainbows train never did come my way. I had major reservations with this team going at least two years back. This is not the same unit that IMO was the best team in the league from 2012-2014.

And I get the same sense, that this team has lost its drive. There's nothing else that can explain such a horrid performance. There's not THAT much talent difference between us and the Rams. Are the various distractions this team has had to deal with over the past couple of seasons to blame? Russell's Hollywood romance/marriage? Bennett's social activism? If we lose badly again this Sunday, you can bet your bottom dollar that those issues will rise to the top of these discussions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am

I think when you remove 4 past Pro Bowl or maybe All Pro players who are capable of playing at a high level still and then hamstring a potential DPOY and your best pass rusher is playing at about 75% because of foot issues, there's going to be a huge dropoff in production. It simply can't be avoided. Losing that much talent can't be overcome no matter how many times you say next man up. Your backups are just that because they aren't as good as the starters.
Then factor in bad ST play, maybe the worst game in the last 10 years which puts the depleted Defense in a bind and you have a recipe for a big day for the other team.
Combine it with an Offense that can't run the ball and insists on running deep routes against a dominating pass rush Defense in the Rams and it's a big snowball of hurt.
If the Offense could have produced, it would have been a different story. Probably still a loss considering the ST play, but a far more palatable one nonetheless.

There's no question things have to change and have been needed for a couple of years, but we'll see if this is a one game issue or if the team can right itself for Dallas and Arizona.
Leadership, will, pride, and focus will all be on display on Sunday. We'll see what they are made of then.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 am

RiverDog wrote:
The lollipops and rainbows train never did come my way. I had major reservations with this team going at least two years back. This is not the same unit that IMO was the best team in the league from 2012-2014.

And I get the same sense, that this team has lost its drive. There's nothing else that can explain such a horrid performance. There's not THAT much talent difference between us and the Rams. Are the various distractions this team has had to deal with over the past couple of seasons to blame? Russell's Hollywood romance/marriage? Bennett's social activism? If we lose badly again this Sunday, you can bet your bottom dollar that those issues will rise to the top of these discussions.

Carroll mentioned the distractions in his presser yesterday. When they pressed him on what distractions he hemmed and hawed around for a bit before coming up with some gobble-de-goop of stuff around the injuries and how too many players aren't practicing during the week because they are nursing injuries, etc. I've been making that point myself but I think it may be deeper than that. Drawing the negative attention on yourself by kneeling on the sidelines and then not performing is a recipe for dissension in the ranks. That's just my opinion though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am

RiverDog wrote:

Are you serious? There is a huge talent difference in critical areas, especially with all the Seattle injuries.
Gurley vs Wilson and wet dog food at RB.
Their ST vs ours.
Their D vs the shell of ours ( ET was right Wags couldn't get to the hole, no KJ 3 all pros on ir.)
their O line vs the Matador express lane.

And last but not least their coaching staff. Carroll hasn't had his team ready to go recently with a few exceptions like Philly, he hasn't had a good game plan much of the last year and he hasn't held his staff or QB accountable at any point that I can see.
The best he could do after Sundays rookie like performance under withering pressure was say RW had a "hard time, wasn't quite as sharp as we needed him to be."

Sean McVay is here to stay along with Wade Phillips,Goff, Gurley and that #1 offense . So is Shanahan and Jimmy Garoppolo who became the first man since Ben Roethlisberger to win his first 5 NFL starts.
The party's over as far as rolling through this division and it might get ugly if this team doesn't make some changes across the board.

I might consider trying to lure Gruden if PC starts waffling. There is no better owner than Allen and Gruden loves Russ...Salary would not be an issue ....I know its heresy but why not stir the pot?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am

idhawkman wrote:Carroll mentioned the distractions in his presser yesterday. When they pressed him on what distractions he hemmed and hawed around for a bit before coming up with some gobble-de-goop of stuff around the injuries and how too many players aren't practicing during the week because they are nursing injuries, etc. I've been making that point myself but I think it may be deeper than that. Drawing the negative attention on yourself by kneeling on the sidelines and then not performing is a recipe for dissension in the ranks. That's just my opinion though.

To be fair Bennett has been dealing with a foot for a year or more. But I agree. I don't care what you do for a living your employer should be able to expect you to be completely focused on work.
In the case of a pro athlete it is part of your job to PR the fans and when you're irritating more than half your not doing your job.
I think there's some karmic qualities to this, sadly as a Hawks fan and a guy who has enjoyed Bennetts talent, also the sense of humor he used to have.
But he's painted a bullseye on his chest and not delivering, getting abused much of the time by opponents honestly and people are taking potshots at him fairly or unfairly.
Something's been off..
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 am

Hawktawk wrote:Are you serious? There is a huge talent difference in critical areas, especially with all the Seattle injuries.
Gurley vs Wilson and wet dog food at RB.
Their ST vs ours.
Their D vs the shell of ours ( ET was right Wags couldn't get to the hole, no KJ 3 all pros on ir.)
their O line vs the Matador express lane.

And last but not least their coaching staff. Carroll hasn't had his team ready to go recently with a few exceptions like Philly, he hasn't had a good game plan much of the last year and he hasn't held his staff or QB accountable at any point that I can see.
The best he could do after Sundays rookie like performance under withering pressure was say RW had a "hard time, wasn't quite as sharp as we needed him to be."

Sean McVay is here to stay along with Wade Phillips,Goff, Gurley and that #1 offense . So is Shanahan and Jimmy Garoppolo who became the first man since Ben Roethlisberger to win his first 5 NFL starts.
The party's over as far as rolling through this division and it might get ugly if this team doesn't make some changes across the board.

I might consider trying to lure Gruden if PC starts waffling. There is no better owner than Allen and Gruden loves Russ...Salary would not be an issue ....I know its heresy but why not stir the pot?

Yes, I'm serious, HT. That was the worst ever azz kicking of a Pete Carroll Seahawk coached team. Sure, we had injuries, but it doesn't explain how we can beat a team like Philly two weeks ago, then in the following week Philly goes down to LA and beats the Rams, then the Rams, a team we had beaten down there earlier in the year, comes up here and absolutely destroy us in every aspect of the game. There's no excuse for us losing that badly.

I'm not ready to start talking about coaching changes, at least as it concerns Pete Carroll.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:58 am

Actually if you look at the Jax. game, we were actually blown out, and a few big plays got us back in it, but the defense had crapped the bed in less than a week since playing great vs. Philly.

Before the game Sunday Seattle was tied with KC for giving up the most 3rd and 10 or more yards for 1st downs. That is a very telling stat and helps explain a lot of fatigue and injuries on the defense. However, the number one contributor to it has been the incredible inept offense of Bevell and Cable. Does an anvil have to come down and hit Pete on the head?

Did he NOT see 2 years ago what Carolina did to us in the first half???? What else does he need to see? I just don't understand.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 am

Do you remember that first half? That had zero to do with the coaches.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:16 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Do you remember that first half? That had zero to do with the coaches.

It always has something to do with the coaches. The team came out flat like usual .
I completely agree execution was the main problem, also the dominance of the Rams who suddenly seem to be able to put down the hammer in a way Seattle seldom has.
But the outcoaching started in preparations.They were handled and outschemed in all phases.
Carroll and Holmy are the 2 best coaches we ever had but both are quite stubborn about doing it their way regardless of the personnel available that game.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Coaches got nothing to do with a QB throwing the ball into defenders guts while being dragged down, or defensive players falling down. That ain't on them ( in reference to Carolina game)

That said, coaching had a LOT to do with refusal to take advantage 2 weeks ago of the slow DBs in Jacksonville ( something I recognized in quarter one when Richardson ran by double coverage, and Wilson over threw him) if I can see it, Bevell and Carroll can, no excuse for waiting until it was too late to exploit it. Also doesn't explain their perpencity you abandon a running game that's garnering you 5 to 12 yards a carry. That's simply moronic. There's plenty to lay at the coaches feet, no reason to look for extra.

I'm all for criticizing Bevell, been doing it for years, but I'm not going to blame him for our QB continually grounding the ball while being sacked ( 6 of 7 games now) or fumbles after catches, or bypassing of open receivers looking for bigger plays, or dropped passes by Graham, over thrown balls on TDs or horrible blocking.

Believe in a balanced fair criticism, whether it's Bevell, Wilson, Graham, Brown, or Baldwin etc. I'm with you on Bevell, but "motivation" by an OC at that level is to far for me. The leaders in that huddle don't need to be motivated, they get paid to play football, and many profess to want to be great, it ain't pee wee football, they need to motivate themselves.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:03 pm

When there are multiple problems there will be multiple questions about how to solve then.

When you have zero running game and the other team is running roughshod over your offensive line, you don't Chuck the damned ball 20, 30 or 40 yards down the field which Bevell did Sunday and has for every game this year and even in years past.

Certainly a head scratcher of why it's allowed by the organization. Just the same dumb plays that everyone knows is coming even before they run them.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:04 pm

I know you have been pointing out Russ’s slow starts and I can’t disagree . But the last 2 weeks WTF.

After the eagles game he was probably the mvp of the league . Against Jacksonville he looked like a strong armed athletic rookie with the rocket balls he was launching .

Then Sunday. Good grief. Worst game of his career. As bad as that gutted D was they kept it a 1 score game for a while despite no help from the offense whatsoever .
I guess I’ more willing to pile on seeing his happy day life is good super fresh etc non football junk all
over the media and internet
There is having a positive attitude and just not caring enough .
Russ is a enigma. Slow start or not he hasnt cost the team many wins but the last 2 are on him as
Much as anyone
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Wilson can't throw and catch the ball for McEvoy. Wilson can't keep the same McEvoy from fumbling after he put the ball right in his hands.
Wilson can't make up for boneheaded play action 50 yard bombs with Donald having a career day.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I know you have been pointing out Russ’s slow starts and I can’t disagree . But the last 2 weeks WTF.

After the eagles game he was probably the mvp of the league . Against Jacksonville he looked like a strong armed athletic rookie with the rocket balls he was launching .

Then Sunday. Good grief. Worst game of his career. As bad as that gutted D was they kept it a 1 score game for a while despite no help from the offense whatsoever .
I guess I’ more willing to pile on seeing his happy day life is good super fresh etc non football junk all
over the media and internet
There is having a positive attitude and just not caring enough .
Russ is a enigma. Slow start or not he hasnt cost the team many wins but the last 2 are on him as
Much as anyone

HT, lets talk Turkey, without Russell Wilson, with the exception of Doug Baldwin and Graham at times, our offense is warmed over garbage!!
obiken
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Largent80 wrote:Wilson can't throw and catch the ball for McEvoy. Wilson can't keep the same McEvoy from fumbling after he put the ball right in his hands.
Wilson can't make up for boneheaded play action 50 yard bombs with Donald having a career day.

A lot of the long bombs are Russell’s idea as there are underneath routes available quite often.

Russ throwing long bombs isn’t always a bad idea. He’s got one of the best most catchable balls along with one of the biggest arms. Still I agree it’s too much Sunday and he’s been less accurate as well as making poor decisions on some these moon pilots. They have won more games than they have lost . It’s a weapon but it needs to be part of a balanced offense.

I agree on mcavoy and I don’t . Yeah he fumbled but maybe PC and Bevfool should have watched some film and realized the Rams had forced first possession turnovers in 8 of 13 games in order to jump on teams right away.

They maybe shouldn’t open the game throwing a route over the middle first play to an inexperienced inconsistent receiver when he’s going to get blown up immediately since Russ isn’t very good at throwing guys under the carpet. Look at the last play of 49 as exhibit A.

What’s wrong with a run or 2 to start the game against a team like that? Make those big boys tackle a few times before they chase Russ.
Whatever it is it’s not working often enough .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah, you definitely wouldn't want to run vs. the 28th ranked rush defense..... :roll:
Largent80
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum