Is PC Done if we Don't Make the Playoffs?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Is PC Done if we Don't Make the Playoffs?

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:01 am

Saw this article. I think it's far fetched, but what do you think?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/dec/17/seahawks-loss-may-signal-end-of-era-for-team-pete-/
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Re: Is PC Done if we Don't Make the Playoffs?

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:25 am

Well, columnist for Spokane paper, so it's got some circulation going:)

I think odds are certainly against Pete leaving, but there are a few things I started to think about as our season nears an end
Pete looks like he's aged quite a bit this season. The guy still looks amazing for 67 or thereabouts, but he looks much more worn out, even compared to a year ago.

Which brings me to the main reason of his >>FF>> of aging lol, and it's the politics that completely took over the league this season. Bennett and Baldwin embraced it, handled it very differently (imo, Baldwin went about it in a much more positive and mature way), and Pete allowed it to go on, which I understand given his open mindness. He generally gives the benefit of the doubt to the unknown. Fair enough.

Problem is, it took on a life of its own, further compounded by Bennett's incident in Vegas (which I haven't heard much about lately). Regardless, I firmly believe it had Plenty to do with our lack of focus early in the season (including a 4 HOUR mtg on how to handle a pre game demonstration, which ended up being just staying in the locker room, as did the Titans I believe).

It just...killed the season, folk. And I don't mean just in terms or our record, because even if we were fully healthy with Kam, Cliff, etc., it still wouldn't be the same. Would be more interesting, and maybe would could take a WC round game, but I don't think things would end much differently if they were available. The team is banged up and old on defense, and didn't figure it out all season on offense.

It's anyone's guess what'll happen. The hunch here is that PC stays and, unfortunately, will likely keep his pocket 5's as his coaches.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:23 am

Like most other NFL HC's, Pete has a huge ego, and I think he'd rather end his coaching career riding on the shoulders of his players ala Bill Walsh than he would going out with his tail between his legs like he would had he quit after coaching a non playoff team.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 am

Only way PC is done is if he quits. Though I'll be unhappy if he doesn't make some wholesale changes to the offense. He needs to get the O-line and offense back on track or the clock starts ticking.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:02 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Only way PC is done is if he quits. Though I'll be unhappy if he doesn't make some wholesale changes to the offense. He needs to get the O-line and offense back on track or the clock starts ticking.

I think this pretty much covers my position on the matter.
Regarding the protests? Not an issue, you just have to look around the league and you will find all teams are doing things to some degree. The Eagles are a lot more activist than the Seahawks and it isn't an issue there, but they
have a good Offense and a good Defense and have until recently had good luck with injuries. At least good enough to be able to cover for them. We'll see how they do without Wentz and Peters as the playoffs begin.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:47 am

NorthHawk wrote:Regarding the protests? Not an issue, you just have to look around the league and you will find all teams are doing things to some degree. The Eagles are a lot more activist than the Seahawks and it isn't an issue there, but they
have a good Offense and a good Defense and have until recently had good luck with injuries. At least good enough to be able to cover for them. We'll see how they do without Wentz and Peters as the playoffs begin.

It's hard to say whether or not the protests were an issue, at least for us sitting here in our recliners.

We'll do a complete post mortem once the corpse is dead ;) .
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:50 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Only way PC is done is if he quits. Though I'll be unhappy if he doesn't make some wholesale changes to the offense. He needs to get the O-line and offense back on track or the clock starts ticking.

I don't think anyone has suggested that we fire Pete.

But I'm like you. I'll be pretty much off the Pete bandwagon if we miss the playoffs and he doesn't make wholesale changes to the coaching staff.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am

I don't think anyone has suggested that we fire Pete.

But I'm like you. I'll be pretty much off the Pete bandwagon if we miss the playoffs and he doesn't make wholesale changes to the coaching staff. It's not as if this is a one year thing. This team has been on a downhill slide for the past 3 years.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 am

I'm one of Pete's biggest fans. I'd love to see him stay here to 70 plus. But I feel he needs to get back to his "Always Compete" philosophy. He seems to have lost himself in recent years and become too attached to his players and coaches. If he's lost his edge, then he doesn't belong as head coach of a team. There's no way Pete's philosophy should be able to look at the results of Tom Cable's coaching and whatever effect he has on the draft and think he has met up the criteria of "Always Compete." When Pete first got here, he was energized and churning the team until he found quality. Now he seems content and focused more on surrounding himself with supporters than following the philosophy that turned him into one of the best college coaches and one of the best NFL coaches. I hope Pete looks in the mirror and that "Always Compete" guy looks back and says, you have to do get back to who you are if you want the team to get back to dominance.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:48 am

Missing the post season will be a stress buster for once in 5 years. Time to take a breath and reassess! Now a days an average or even a poor team can be great again in a season unlike 20 years ago.

But then if Hawks suddenly go on a 5 game winning streak starting today I would say that is OK too
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I'm one of Pete's biggest fans. I'd love to see him stay here to 70 plus. But I feel he needs to get back to his "Always Compete" philosophy. He seems to have lost himself in recent years and become too attached to his players and coaches. If he's lost his edge, then he doesn't belong as head coach of a team. There's no way Pete's philosophy should be able to look at the results of Tom Cable's coaching and whatever effect he has on the draft and think he has met up the criteria of "Always Compete." When Pete first got here, he was energized and churning the team until he found quality. Now he seems content and focused more on surrounding himself with supporters than following the philosophy that turned him into one of the best college coaches and one of the best NFL coaches. I hope Pete looks in the mirror and that "Always Compete" guy looks back and says, you have to do get back to who you are if you want the team to get back to dominance.

His "Always Compete" philosphy might have worked well for rebuilding a team in which every position was up for grabs. But it doesn't seem to work as well when you have 8-10 players that are firmly entrenched as starters, especially when you add the money element to the equation.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:His "Always Compete" philosphy might have worked well for rebuilding a team in which every position was up for grabs. But it doesn't seem to work as well when you have 8-10 players that are firmly entrenched as starters, especially when you add the money element to the equation.

It doesn't work well when you stop practicing the philosophy and another team named the New England Patriots continues to practice your philosophy. You think Belichick would tolerate Bevell or Cable this long? I doubt it.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:It doesn't work well when you stop practicing the philosophy and another team named the New England Patriots continues to practice your philosophy. You think Belichick would tolerate Bevell or Cable this long? I doubt it.

I doubt it, too.

But Belichek is a true anomaly as no other coach in this century has had anywhere near the success he's had. It's not fair to compare Pete or any other coach to him. If we are to be fair, we need to compare Pete to other post 2000 coaches, like Mike McCarthy and Mike Tomlin, both former Lombardi winners that have been with their teams longer than Pete's been with his, and see what kind of changes they made when their teams started to fall on hard times.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:33 pm

RiverDog wrote:I doubt it, too.

But Belichek is a true anomaly as no other coach in this century has had anywhere near the success he's had. It's not fair to compare Pete or any other coach to him. If we are to be fair, we need to compare Pete to other post 2000 coaches, like Mike McCarthy and Mike Tomlin, both former Lombardi winners that have been with their teams longer than Pete's been with his, and see what kind of changes they made when their teams started to fall on hard times.

But Pete's the only coach with a level of control similar to Belichick. McCarthy and Tomlin have GMs that are actually in charge of the team to a large degree.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:43 am

If Pete won’t fire Darrell Bevell he needs to go at seasons end.yeah I said it.

136 yards of offense playing beside an incredible defensive effort . It’s pathetic.
My heart can’t take the first halves of these games. Wilson is regressing. It’s time for an offensive overhaul.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:57 am

Aseahawkfan wrote: But Pete's the only coach with a level of control similar to Belichick. McCarthy and Tomlin have GMs that are actually in charge of the team to a large degree.

I have a hard time believing that if McCarthy or Tomlin wanted to make coaching changes that their GM's would stand in their way.

But no matter. My main point is that Belichek is in a league of his own and has had the unique distinction of having one of if not the greatest QB's of all time during nearly his entire HC career. It's not a fair comparison.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:49 am

I was under the impression that the GM's for the most part allow the HC's to decide on who are the position coaches and the GM is basically a confirmation or in some cases a rubber stamp.
There are some teams where the GM might dally in that area and I'm thinking someone like Jerry Jones, but it's because the HC is in a weak position.
One of the few times the GM might interfere is if he is thinking of replacing the HC and one of the position coaches is a possible candidate for HC.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:44 am

Could it be??? Seattle continues to set offensive ineptitude records all the way through to a Super Bowl win. And Bevfool/Cable's scheme takes over the league in 2018.....?
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:37 am

NorthHawk wrote:I was under the impression that the GM's for the most part allow the HC's to decide on who are the position coaches and the GM is basically a confirmation or in some cases a rubber stamp.
There are some teams where the GM might dally in that area and I'm thinking someone like Jerry Jones, but it's because the HC is in a weak position.
One of the few times the GM might interfere is if he is thinking of replacing the HC and one of the position coaches is a possible candidate for HC.

That was my impression, too. I know that many GM's will exert their influence over player acquisition/resigings as it directly affects one of their primary areas of responsibility in managing cap space. But I always thought that everything else related to the team, ie coaching, philosphy, etc, was left to the HC.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:44 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I was under the impression that the GM's for the most part allow the HC's to decide on who are the position coaches and the GM is basically a confirmation or in some cases a rubber stamp.

The head coach does. If the GM sees a problem, he can step in and prompt it. When the HC has the level of control Pete and Bill B have, the GM can't step in as easily when he sees a problem.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 am

In 2011, Mike Tomlin, not the GM, fired OC Bruce Arians:

"We did contact the Steelers, and we asked them if they had a comment on this," she said. "And they said, 'Look, this is ancient history for us. [Coach] Mike [Tomlin] has already talked about this.' But [they] made it clear that this was Mike Tomlin's decision, to fire Bruce Arians."

And this isn't the Steelers throwing their head coach under the bus. That's the same story Tomlin has been telling since Arians was let go.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-say-mike-tomlin-made-decision-to-fire-still-upset-bruce-arians/

A few years ago, the Packers fired their DC and most of the defensive coaching staff with Mike McCarthy taking the podium to explain defend his decision:

"These are difficult decisions," McCarthy said in a statement. "I hold each of these men in high regard on a personal level, and I want to thank them for their service to the Green Bay Packers."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3811283

There's multiple other examples of the HC, if not unilaterally firing their coaches, at least taking responsibility for it as if they had.

It's the head coach, not the GM, that is responsible for their coaching staffs. Oh, sure, you might have a situation where a meddlesome owner like Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, or the late Al Davis might be behind the curtain pulling levers and pushing buttons, but particularly notable coaches like Tomlin and McCarthy with Lombardi's in the trophy case aren't going to be dictated to by the GM when it comes to the coaching staff.

I don't doubt that there are times when a GM might venture an opinion and encourage the HC to take action, but the final decision rests with the HC.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:45 am

After having said all that, it will indeed be interesting to see what Pete does at the end of the season, and I think comparing his current situation with that of Tomlin's and McCarthy's in past years, and their success at revitalizing their teams when they made the tough decisions, will make a good contrast.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:17 pm

RiverDog wrote:In 2011, Mike Tomlin, not the GM, fired OC Bruce Arians:

"We did contact the Steelers, and we asked them if they had a comment on this," she said. "And they said, 'Look, this is ancient history for us. [Coach] Mike [Tomlin] has already talked about this.' But [they] made it clear that this was Mike Tomlin's decision, to fire Bruce Arians."

And this isn't the Steelers throwing their head coach under the bus. That's the same story Tomlin has been telling since Arians was let go.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-say-mike-tomlin-made-decision-to-fire-still-upset-bruce-arians/

A few years ago, the Packers fired their DC and most of the defensive coaching staff with Mike McCarthy taking the podium to explain defend his decision:

"These are difficult decisions," McCarthy said in a statement. "I hold each of these men in high regard on a personal level, and I want to thank them for their service to the Green Bay Packers."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3811283

There's multiple other examples of the HC, if not unilaterally firing their coaches, at least taking responsibility for it as if they had.

It's the head coach, not the GM, that is responsible for their coaching staffs. Oh, sure, you might have a situation where a meddlesome owner like Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, or the late Al Davis might be behind the curtain pulling levers and pushing buttons, but particularly notable coaches like Tomlin and McCarthy with Lombardi's in the trophy case aren't going to be dictated to by the GM when it comes to the coaching staff.

I don't doubt that there are times when a GM might venture an opinion and encourage the HC to take action, but the final decision rests with the HC.

I don't care what they say in public. Fact is the owner and/or GM can step in and make it very clear that there is a problem and it needs to be taken care of the head coach will be the one on the chopping block. Sure, the head coach will make the final decision, but he will know very clearly that this change is wanted and encouraged by the GM and/or owner. We've seen head coaches refuse to remove assistants and then they were gone very shortly after along with their assistants. HCs with total command tend to last a little longer with screw up head coaches than head coaches where the GM has the ability to fire them. Though we've also seen dumb GMs get rid of great coaches because the owner didn't realize where his bread was buttered like San Francisco with Harbaugh.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:56 pm

If you look at Pete's tenure here, he's changed the game - or at least the trend line to a degree with the success the Seahawks have had.
More teams are playing his type of Defense, and there is more emphasis on the run game.
10 years ago, it was all about throwing the ball and WRs were going in the draft way ahead of RBs. Now we see a better balance of talent where the RB is valued more realistically.
There's been Walsh who revolutionized Offenses with the WCO, and Martz with his exotic pass game, and now Pete has taken the game back towards its roots.
Pete's game philosophy is more like a throwback to the Lombardi era, with tough Defense and an unspectacular Offense. Unfortunately, the last few years the unspectacular has fallen to moribund,
but the concept of what he wants to do works - if all sides of the ball (inc. ST) can produce consistently.
And that's what's missing with the Seahawks. I contend it was never really there without Lynch. He made our OL statistically better than they were and it shows that a dominating RB can improve a
bad OL to the point of respectability. It takes so much pressure off of the pass protection component that the Offense can achieve a measure of consistency.

Cable has been here for 7 years and the OL has never worked without Lynch. It has actually got worse over the years with last year and this year being abysmal.
I think it's time for a change of message for that group. Someone with a different outlook on how to get the most out of the group as well as develop players who aren't starters.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't care what they say in public. Fact is the owner and/or GM can step in and make it very clear that there is a problem and it needs to be taken care of the head coach will be the one on the chopping block. Sure, the head coach will make the final decision, but he will know very clearly that this change is wanted and encouraged by the GM and/or owner. We've seen head coaches refuse to remove assistants and then they were gone very shortly after along with their assistants. HCs with total command tend to last a little longer with screw up head coaches than head coaches where the GM has the ability to fire them. Though we've also seen dumb GMs get rid of great coaches because the owner didn't realize where his bread was buttered like San Francisco with Harbaugh.

If it's your garden variety NFL head coach/GM, say like Adam Gase or Mike Mularkey, then yes, I could understand where there could be times or a situation where a GM could step in and throw their weight around and force a HC to make an unsolicited change of the coaching staff. Certainly in Dallas it's believable. And who knows what the issues were between those two love birds down in Santa Clara. The make-up of the coaching staff might have been part of it, or it might not have.

But we're not talking about your average NFL head coach. We're talking about HC's that have had success with their teams that subsequently started to falter, as was the case in the two examples given, ie Mike Tomlin and Mike McCarthy. I do not believe for a minute that their GM's intervened or would intervene other than to support their decisions when it involves their coaching staffs.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

If Tom Brady had the Seattle O line for protection he wouldn't be so great.
trents
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:49 am

trents wrote:If Tom Brady had the Seattle O line for protection he wouldn't be so great.

Add in unimaginative and stale game plans and the picture darkens substantially.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Maybe Tom Brady does have and has had those things but he still rises above it all. Quick passes. There's a reason Edelman is good.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby trents » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:57 pm

idhawkman wrote:Maybe Tom Brady does have and has had those things but he still rises above it all. Quick passes. There's a reason Edelman is good.

Have you actually watched Patriot's games? Brady has this nice passing pocket nearly every pass play. His O Line maintains contact with defensive rushers and pushes them out and behind Brady and then he just moves up a little in the pocket. When the pocket begins to break down it is usually is on one side or the other and then he just slides to the left or right to get a little more time and space to get the pass off.
trents
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:21 am

idhawkman wrote:Maybe Tom Brady does have and has had those things but he still rises above it all. Quick passes. There's a reason Edelman is good.
trents wrote:
Have you actually watched Patriot's games? Brady has this nice passing pocket nearly every pass play. His O Line maintains contact with defensive rushers and pushes them out and behind Brady and then he just moves up a little in the pocket. When the pocket begins to break down it is usually is on one side or the other and then he just slides to the left or right to get a little more time and space to get the pass off.

Yet, the pats constantly rotate their Olinemen. In fact we picked up one of their "elite" olinemen a few years back and he was atrocious in our offense. Why is that? coaching - maybe. Play calling - maybe. Maybe it is the QB and a combination of the coaching knowing how to call a game that plays to the strengths of its players and not some philosophical idea that the players must adapt their skills into.

I don't see the Pats over paying for their olinemen over the years to make Brady great. Brady has made Brady great and he's had a lot of help from his coaches and team mates.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:34 am

Remember when Dante Scarneccia (sp) their OL coach retired?
Their OL went into the toilet.
The year he returned, they won a SB.

Coaching is a huge factor.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:01 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Remember when Dante Scarneccia (sp) their OL coach retired?

I have said for a long time, that PC will end up with the Chargers in LA and I do not see any reason to shy away from that. Do we fire him? No, he still brought us a SB, but the other coaches need to go.
obiken
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:15 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Remember when Dante Scarneccia (sp) their OL coach retired?

Sorry, I don't follow them that closely. What year was he gone?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Maybe we could hire Scaramucci and he would finally fire Bevell and Cable
Largent80
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:25 am

This off season should be a bloodletting. Pete is safe, he has a bulk of injuries and managed the team to still be respectable on defense, as well all know on offense there is no damn excuse, other then Carson we are pretty healthy overall, Cable and Bevell can't use the excuse of unfamiliarity with the O line either, they went and got Joekel and Brown who know the system yet the unit still played abysmally. Sherman Smith was let go last year as a token shake up and the RB's were worse for it this year by how they performed. The only glimmer was that Bevell figured out that Graham is 6'7 tall and that you can throw to him in isolation in the End Zone.

This is what were working with in next years draft.

First round (1): The Seahawks have their original pick.
Second round (0): Traded to the New York Jets (DT Sheldon Richardson).
Third round (0): Traded to the Texans (LT Duane Brown).
Fourth round (1): Original pick.
Fifth round (3): Seattle traded a fifth to the Philadelphia Eagles (OT Matt Tobin) and acquired fifths in trades with the Oakland Raiders (RB Marshawn Lynch), New England Patriots (DE Cassius Marsh) and the Texans (Brown).
Sixth round (0): Traded to the Raiders (Lynch).
Seventh round (2): Seattle traded sevenths to Patriots (CB Justin Coleman) and Kansas City Chiefs (OT Isaiah Battle) and acquired sevenths from the Patriots (Marsh), Minnesota Vikings (CB Tramaine Brock) and Eagles (Tobin).

Not a lot to work with to rebuild, add to that.

Jimmy Graham - Is he worth probably close to 10 Million a year ?

Luke Joeckel - Sure not worth the 8 million we paid him

Eddie Lacy - Definition of a bust signing

Sheldon Richardson - Love to keep him, Young, Hungry, a leader, does everything you ask of a guy to push the pocket and stop the run. He wasn't brought here to make sacks, but make everyone else look better, which he does.

Bradley McDougald - With Kam all but done and with a injury that could be career ending we need to re sign him.

Luke Willson - If Graham leaves we will need him, he will come cheap.

Michael Wilhoite - Should be a cheap resign.

Deshawn Shead - On the fence here, could be brought back cheap most likely was only 1.2 million this year.

Paul Richardson - May be a star in the making, can we afford probably 2.5 million?

Blair Walsh - I'll pay the bus fair for him to leave town.

Marcus Smith - Need to resign this kid, made strides and Avril may not be back. He is hungry and now will be able to be signed a bit longer on a structured deal and reasonable.

Oday Aboushi - He is a slow guy, smart but maybe it's the damn system, young and I think depth at least.

Byron Maxwell - Defiantly a resign, Sherman may not be back at the beginning of next year and I would take his production over Lanes, he has seen what the business end of football is about, maybe a reasonable contract where he is wanted is in the cards?

Terence Garvin - Camp resign

Austin Davis - I liked what he showed, he can play and doesn't look like a Deer in the Headlights, I think resign and not have a question there, we can win with him I think if we can get a running game.

Matt Tobin - This guy was suppose to be a lock to help our line and has set on the bench, I would take him over Ifedi, not sure why he didn't get that spot once we signed Brown.

Dewey McDonald - Another camp body.

So really it comes down to Graham and Joekel as big hits, needing to sign Maxwell and McDougal and Sheldon Richardson, a nice throw in would be able to sign Paul but we do have Lockett who is a lot like him less the ability to climb for the high catch. He is probably the most easy to replace based on our roster and players.

Now we have to look at those players not UFA and or RFA's, as much as we hate saying goodbye to guys we have a lot of money in the defense with Bennett, Sherman, Thomas, Lane, Wagner, Wright, Chancellor, Avril. Were going to have to make room and we are going to have to reload, our key guys have now grown into to wear and tear players. Something is going to have to give, we looked to have sold out to win this year and well, it didn't work.

That brings me back to the topic, if we don't have a draft that we can get a lot of higher round guys in instead of 5th and 7th rounder's mostly we have to see if we can trade for picks, that brings me to the Veterans that could help someone push over the top that are rising now. If we don't or can't do that then Pete has to look at the scheme and Coaches who run it, something will have to be changed. Going with the same approach and further alienating the defense is going to blow up next year about the offense, and we will be worse with limited resources.

Pete is going to have to swallow his pride and allegiance, Paul is a patient owner, but when he has had his fill he makes changes, has did it with the Blazers and did it here with Ruskell and Mora.

This will be the off season we see if the President of Football Operations in Pete has earned that title and makes the hard choices. If he can't then I would say next season could be his last here.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby ulmax » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:36 am

no way pete carrol is done ..but maybe since they may have budget problems..trading sherman may be cuz he is a free agent 2019 anyway...time to reset...earl thomas is the man to keep.right now there draft picks are 1,4,5,5,5,7,7,7..so trading sherman and trading next years #1 draft pick now...will==aaa==reset
ulmax
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum