Right Now

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Right Now

Postby Largent80 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:20 am

If we beat AZ and Car. beats Atl. we would face the Rams in L.A.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Right Now

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 am

Perfect.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:03 am

LOL, Really? Would luv to see another beatdown!

Carolina is in so they have nothing to play for..we will see the Falcons
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Of course that's what you're hoping for.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:20 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Of course that's what you're hoping for.

Yeah I wouldn’t mind a rematch with the Rams. I think our guys would rise to the occasion. The Rams are playing really well and McVay is an offensive genius, but I wouldn’t mind playing with a healthy Bobby and K.J. Our OL should be able to try something different than blocking Donald 1 on 1. I’m not guaranteeing a win but I think our guys would love to play the Rams again.

On a side note, I’m no conspiracy theorist, but it seems like it would be really good for the NFL to have a winning team in LA and I do worry about the officiating in a game like that.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL, Really? Would luv to see another beatdown!

Carolina still has a chance to win their division and host a home game. They will be playing.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Hey Rambler, good luck against the Niners the way they are playing you might have a beatdown of your own leading into the playoffs.
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:13 pm

idhawkman wrote:Carolina still has a chance to win their division and host a home game. They will be playing.

I was going to mention that.

Plus if Minnesota loses, the Vikings record would drop to 12-4, the same record Carolina would finish with if the Panthers beat the Falcons. I haven't looked at all the possible scenerios, but there's a possibility that a 4 loss Panthers team could be involved in a 2 or 3 way tie for the #2 seed and a first round bye.

There's plenty of motivation for the Panthers to beat the Falcons. It will be a playoff atmosphere for both teams.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:05 pm

RiverDog wrote:I was going to mention that.

Plus if Minnesota loses, the Vikings record would drop to 12-4, the same record Carolina would finish with if the Panthers beat the Falcons. I haven't looked at all the possible scenerios, but there's a possibility that a 4 loss Panthers team could be involved in a 2 or 3 way tie for the #2 seed and a first round bye.

There's plenty of motivation for the Panthers to beat the Falcons. It will be a playoff atmosphere for both teams.

With Foles as QB, the Eagle's aren't guaranteed a first round bye yet have they? Carolina may be able to get that from them. Not sure if they played each other this year though.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL, Really? Would luv to see another beatdown!

What do you mean? They are playing for the division and a home game.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:36 pm

idhawkman wrote:With Foles as QB, the Eagle's aren't guaranteed a first round bye yet have they? Carolina may be able to get that from them. Not sure if they played each other this year though.

Eagles with Foles are very beatable even with a first round bye and home game.

NFC is wide open if we get in. I may have been a downer after the Rams game, but I'm also a facts are facts guy. The reality is that no team in the NFC is dominant or without weaknesses. If we punch our ticket into the playoffs, we could do some damage if we can get it together on offense. Offense is the main thing holding us back. Even hobbled without Sherm the defense can hold their own against any team. If this sorry ass excuse for an offense can get their heads out of their behinds, we can get on a roll at the right time.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Offense is the main thing holding us back. Even hobbled without Sherm the defense can hold their own against any team. If this sorry ass excuse for an offense can get their heads out of their behinds, we can get on a roll at the right time.

Yeah if RW can put together a run like he had to end the season a few years ago we might be able to do something special!!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:NFC is wide open if we get in. I may have been a downer after the Rams game, but I'm also a facts are facts guy. The reality is that no team in the NFC is dominant or without weaknesses. If we punch our ticket into the playoffs, we could do some damage if we can get it together on offense. Offense is the main thing holding us back. Even hobbled without Sherm the defense can hold their own against any team. If this sorry ass excuse for an offense can get their heads out of their behinds, we can get on a roll at the right time.

That's been the problem for the past 3 years now. The offense just sucks. They show some flashes of brilliance, but for the most part, they're a dysfunctional unit that matches up poorly with two thirds of opposition offenses.

Pete's defenses are generic. Yes, we do have times that you can attribute a bit of a downfall when a key player like Wagner, Sherman, or Thomas go out or when he's had to change DC's, but for the most part, this defense is organic and heals thyself. They're a much more consistent part of the team than the offense.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 am

It's very rare or maybe even unheard of for a team to go deep in the playoffs without a run game and rely only on chunk plays.
The teams that get there are usually very good about not allowing chunk plays and have an Offense that can move the ball in a variety of ways consistently as well as can grind out the clock when required.
All we have on Offense are low percentage big plays, and you can't win in the playoffs with that type of Offense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:30 am

More penalty yards than total offense last Sunday. That says all you need to say.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 am

But the rams this year resemble the 2012 Hawks. Not quite ready for the playoffs.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:14 pm

I remember a stat from a while back. It is this: whenever a team wins in the regular season and those two teams meet in the playoffs statisticly the tables are turned.

Go Hawks !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum