Former Seahawk Leads Team to Pro Bowl Victory

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Former Seahawk Leads Team to Pro Bowl Victory

Postby savvyman » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Honolulu, Hi. (AP) - In the First ever Intra-divisional Pro Bowl, former Seahawk great and NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice lead his team to victory by a score of 22 - 21.

After the game Rice commented that the reason why the margin of victory was so close was that he was saddled with a few too many mediocre 49er players because all the best players he had planned to draft for his team were on a jet traveling from Seattle to New York for next weeks Super Bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-players-finally-pro-bowl-seriously-plenty-hits-032347466--nfl.html

LOB
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Former Seahawk Leads Team to Pro Bowl Victory

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:51 pm

It'll be interesting (I guess) if this new format helps the Pro Bowl. I didn't catch any of it - in fact, forgot it was even on - and probably woulda skipped it had I remembered. Sounds like no injuries took place, even though there apparently was some actual hitting going on, so that's good.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:27 am

I didn't watch it, either. A meaningless game minus a whole bunch of the league's best players. You really have to be hard up for football if this game is a red letter event on your calendar.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 am

I watched it, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game.it was a relatively hard fought game it was interesting and while I didn't have it marked on my TV Guide I did catch about half of the game. I love the new format it pits teammates against teamates and it was cool too see some actual defense being played.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:41 am

In the future can you never ever again post a picture of Rice wearing 80 in a Seahawks uniform?
I get pissed off EVERY SINGLE TIME! What a bunch of stupidity...no wonder it took so long for the culture of the Seahawks to finally get right. No wonder it took so long to finally figure out how to be winners. When you cannot even protect the history of the team, allowing someone to trample on it by wearing a retired number (and before someone says it, I don't give a crap WHO said it was OK, it's NOT OK and never should have even been ASKED about!!!)

No other team would EVER un-retire a number for a washed up has been to try to hold on to one last little bit of glory. It was a sickening day in Seahawks history almost on par with the Behring era, and I would rather not be reminded of it.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 am

monkey wrote:In the future can you never ever again post a picture of Rice wearing 80 in a Seahawks uniform?
I get pissed off EVERY SINGLE TIME! What a bunch of stupidity...no wonder it took so long for the culture of the Seahawks to finally get right. No wonder it took so long to finally figure out how to be winners. When you cannot even protect the history of the team, allowing someone to trample on it by wearing a retired number (and before someone says it, I don't give a crap WHO said it was OK, it's NOT OK and never should have even been ASKED about!!!)

No other team would EVER un-retire a number for a washed up has been to try to hold on to one last little bit of glory. It was a sickening day in Seahawks history almost on par with the Behring era, and I would rather not be reminded of it.

A little stretching the truth, too as I don't think Rice was 'great' in a Seahawk uniform at the end of his career.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:14 am

NorthHawk wrote:
monkey wrote:In the future can you never ever again post a picture of Rice wearing 80 in a Seahawks uniform?

A little stretching the truth, too as I don't think Rice was 'great' in a Seahawk uniform at the end of his career.

I've always perhaps irrationally loathed Jerry Rice.
I remember so well when Rice was breaking Largent's records (remember at one time Largent held them ALL!) and how the media immediately said he was the best to ever play. Had Largent played with that Niners team, with that QB and that cast of characters in that system with that coach, and rice played with Seattle instead, no one would remember Jerry Rice at all, we'd all be talking about Largent, the greatest WR ever to play.

I've always hated the Niners and Rice for breaking Largent's records...so yeah, I suppose I am a bit irrational about it, but TO LET THE GUY WHO BROKE HIS RECORDS, SULLY HIS FREAKING NUMBER TOO???? WTF!?!

I wanted to rip that jersey off him every time I saw it, it made me so angry. It still makes me angry. No way would any other team allow such crap.
Only the aw shucks, we're just super nice guys, loveable also rans, Seahawks would ever disrespect their own history that way.
Makes me sick!

Thankfully Pete Carroll and the players on this current team seem to have changed that stupid loser mindset! Once-and-for-all I hope!
monkey
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:I watched it, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game.it was a relatively hard fought game it was interesting and while I didn't have it marked on my TV Guide I did catch about half of the game. I love the new format it pits teammates against teamates and it was cool too see some actual defense being played.

I didn't watch it, but looking at the out-takes, I could have sworn I was watching an episode of Prison Break. Those colors looked like prisoners playing in the yard!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I saw part of it. The uniforms were hideous! Seemed like no Whiners were there, I only saw Reid. maybe no Pats either, Tom was in a snit!
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:03 pm

monkey wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:

I've always perhaps irrationally loathed Jerry Rice.
I remember so well when Rice was breaking Largent's records (remember at one time Largent held them ALL!) and how the media immediately said he was the best to ever play. Had Largent played with that Niners team, with that QB and that cast of characters in that system with that coach, and rice played with Seattle instead, no one would remember Jerry Rice at all, we'd all be talking about Largent, the greatest WR ever to play.

I've always hated the Niners and Rice for breaking Largent's records...so yeah, I suppose I am a bit irrational about it, but TO LET THE GUY WHO BROKE HIS RECORDS, SULLY HIS FREAKING NUMBER TOO???? WTF!?!

I wanted to rip that jersey off him every time I saw it, it made me so angry. It still makes me angry. No way would any other team allow such crap.
Only the aw shucks, we're just super nice guys, loveable also rans, Seahawks would ever disrespect their own history that way.
Makes me sick!

Thankfully Pete Carroll and the players on this current team seem to have changed that stupid loser mindset! Once-and-for-all I hope!

Monkey - I think you are taking things maybe just a little bit too seriously.......
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 pm

You are certainly entitled to that opinion.
Mine is that it was symptomatic of a mentality that pervaded the Seahawks organization in the not too distant past, a loser mentality that I hope to never see again.

Do you remember when T.O. played against the Cowboys and spiked the ball on the star in the middle of the field after scoring?
Do you remember all those Cowboys players sprinting to yank him off their star because those players didn't want to let him desecrate their symbol?
Now contrast that to ownership allowing Rice, who was a Niner and a Raider (goodness...how disgusting!)to wear a number that had been retired.

It just tells you everything you need to know about the mindset and what was wrong with this team then.
You may disagree, you may not think it matters, I say it matters more than you could possibly know.
monkey
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum