Black Monday....

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Black Monday....

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Walsh, Bevfool & Cable.
curmudgeon
Legacy

Re: Black Monday....

Postby Largent80 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:59 pm

I doubt it.

If there is one thing we have seen, Pete is loyal.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Largent80 wrote:I doubt it.

If there is one thing we have seen, Pete is loyal.

More likely they will throw players under the bus starting with Rw and maybe even be stupid enough to trade him
Anthony
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:19 pm

More likely they will throw players under the bus starting with Rw and maybe even be stupid enough to trade him[/quote]

And the paranoia sets in, don’t worry Anthony they are not going to throw little Russ under the bus or trade him. If they do stay status quo with dumb and dumber on the offensive coaching side, we can look forward to an ugly 2018. Here is to hoping dumb and dumber catch the 1st ferry out of down. Drop me off at the 1st empty island.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 pm

The POPE wrote:More likely they will throw players under the bus starting with Rw and maybe even be stupid enough to trade him

And the paranoia sets in, don’t worry Anthony they are not going to throw little Russ under the bus or trade him. If they do stay status quo with dumb and dumber on the offensive coaching side, we can look forward to an ugly 2018. Here is to hoping dumb and dumber catch the 1st ferry out of down. Drop me off at the 1st empty island.[/quote]

Hey they can throw you under the bus, that would be fine since you not really a fan anyway
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Marvin Lewis is already gone and probably Arians as well. I haven't checked the waiver wire lately to see who else has their head on the chopping block.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby The POPE » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 am

And the paranoia sets in, don’t worry Anthony they are not going to throw little Russ under the bus or trade him. If they do stay status quo with dumb and dumber on the offensive coaching side, we can look forward to an ugly 2018. Here is to hoping dumb and dumber catch the 1st ferry out of down. Drop me off at the 1st empty island.[/quote]

Hey they can throw you under the bus, that would be fine since you not really a fan anyway[/quote]

So answer this Mr Superfan:
If the Hawks were to throw Russell under the bus would you still be a Seahawks fan? Something tells me you would take your man love to a his new team. I may not have the most popular views on this forum, but it doesn’t make me any less of a fan. I have a loyalty to the team, players come and go. Only good thing about Russell going is that I wouldn’t have to see your wining Russell loving posts anymore, cause you would be off to be a pain in the ass with his new team. Russell has been the offense this year, i’ll Give you that, but by no means is he absolved of all sins. He sinned plenty on the field this year. Maybe next year he can figure iut a way to wake up before the 4th qtr.
The POPE
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:19 am

Actually since today is a holiday, Black Monday might come tomorrow on a Tuesday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 am

Anthony wrote:Hey they can throw you (The Pope) under the bus, that would be fine since you not really a fan anyway

I'm not sure why you start attacking other posters with your personal insults. Are your arguments that weak and feeble that you feel the need to resort to something else to distract from them and turn the argument into a mud slinging contest by questioning the loyalty of a long time contributor to this forum?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:42 am

Oh come on, not that he doesn't invite it but Anthony gets "attacked" more than anyone else here.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:15 am

Arians retires

Fox fired

Pagano fired

Caldwell 86’d

Del Rio fired

McAdoo didn’t last the season

It’s definitely Black Monday!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... velopments
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:47 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Oh come on, not that he doesn't invite it but Anthony gets "attacked" more than anyone else here.

Perhaps, but it's still no excuse for him questioning the loyalty of another fellow poster. Saying that another fellow long time poster isn't a true Seahawk fan isn't an attack, it's sacrilege.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:09 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Perhaps, but it's still no excuse for him questioning the loyalty of another fellow poster. Saying that another fellow long time poster isn't a true Seahawk fan isn't an attack, it's sacrilege.

You mean the same one that questioned my loyalty
Last edited by Anthony on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Meetings are today all day and Pete has a press conference tomorrow. If something is to happen it will more than likely be before that.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Anthony wrote: You mean the same one that questioned my loyalty

After you questioned his.

You do take some unjustfied taunts (that you've brought on yourself) and I don't blame you for being defensive, but questioning another long time poster's team loyalty is almost as bad as calling them a MF or some other personal insult.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:29 pm

Largent80 wrote:Meetings are today all day and Pete has a press conference tomorrow. If something is to happen it will more than likely be before that.

Yes, if they are going to make some changes, I would expect to hear something tomorrow following today's New Years Day holiday. It's only common courtesy to announce a firing on a regular work day vs. a holiday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:13 pm

RiverDog wrote:Russell

After you questioned his.

You do take some unjustfied taunts (that you've brought on yourself) and I don't blame you for being defensive, but questioning another long time poster's team loyalty is almost as bad as calling them a MF or some other personal insult.

So he can question mine, which he did first, but I xantvrespond got it
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Children!!!!!!!! Can we all just get along? How does a coaching thread turn into this?

I have a feeling PC is standing pat with Bevfool. If he wasnt firing him after 49 he’s not going to do it. It frankly pisses me off . We are wasting the greatest reciever QB combo we have ever had and the offensive lapses have wasted a historic defense that is now gone.
I feel for Caldwell. Fired for going 9-7 in Detroit? So far Lewis hadn’t been fired in Cincy. I’m shocked Elway is standing pat. Del rio was a surprise although rumor is they are trying to lure chuckie gruden out of the booth. Glad that old fart Arians is gone.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Well my thinking if it is me, Pete needs to move fast and make decisions, with all the other firings going on a OC or and good O line coaches on other teams may and probably be let go as well, getting them lined up and I would throw in RB coach as well and WR, TE basically the whole offensive side at this point for interviews etc before everyone else taps them on the should be a priority.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Hawktawk wrote:I have a feeling PC is standing pat with Bevfool. If he wasnt firing him after 49 he’s not going to do it. It frankly pisses me off . We are wasting the greatest reciever QB combo we have ever had and the offensive lapses have wasted a historic defense that is now gone.
I feel for Caldwell. Fired for going 9-7 in Detroit? So far Lewis hadn’t been fired in Cincy. I’m shocked Elway is standing pat. Del rio was a surprise although rumor is they are trying to lure chuckie gruden out of the booth. Glad that old fart Arians is gone.

Mike Brown and Lewis met today, and Lewis made a Freudian slip:

"I don’t know that there is a delay or sticking point, I just know that we’re … see I almost said something stupid there. I caught myself. This isn’t a paper route, and not that that’s bad, OK? I just think there’s things that I think both of us want to feel good about."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ma ... 3xayuklci9

Expect the firing of Marvin Lewis to be announced tomorrow morning.

John Fox was fired by the Bears. He had the 2nd worst winning percentage in Chicago Bears history. No wonder.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Pete said "I feel bad for the fans"....No you don't Pete, you continue to trot out Bevell and his dusty playbook every stinking year. And every stinking year, it get's worse so what do you do?

You bring him back yet again. So you don't read press clippings nor look at any comments from fans about how frustrated all of us are.

Fire the guy, grow your sack back dude, show the fans, AND the team that you still want to win by re-tooling the offense. It's really not that hard, it just takes YOU out of your little comfort zone. Time to put your ego away and make this team and House respectable again.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:35 pm

lol, it was over the moment we had to rely on other teams for help. I mean, Carolina...
Anyway, we're not a legitimate SB threat at all this year. Way too inconsistent in terms of play - even when we were healthier - and we embraced the political bs that will end up more media storm than actual results.

It's a mini re-build of coming up. Plenty of roster spots to fill. Hope they do their due diligence and change it up. This is a .500 team at best next season, particularly in our division, unless some serious changes are made.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Zorn76 wrote:lol, it was over the moment we had to rely on other teams for help. I mean, Carolina...
Anyway, we're not a legitimate SB threat at all this year. Way too inconsistent in terms of play - even when we were healthier - and we embraced the political bs that will end up more media storm than actual results.

It's a mini re-build of coming up. Plenty of roster spots to fill. Hope they do their due diligence and change it up. This is a .500 team at best next season, particularly in our division, unless some serious changes are made.

Yea, that's just it. The Rams season wasn't a fluke. They'll be contenders again next year. And the Niners won their last 5 straight, and 3 of those came against playoff teams. Plus the Cards aren't going to require a full rebuild. If they bring in the right coach, they could be contenders, too.

We can't afford to stand pat. If we do, then there's a good chance that this team could end up like the last couple years of the Holmgren regime.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:52 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yea, that's just it. The Rams season wasn't a fluke. They'll be contenders again next year. And the Niners won their last 5 straight, and 3 of those came against playoff teams. Plus the Cards aren't going to require a full rebuild. If they bring in the right coach, they could be contenders, too.

We can't afford to stand pat. If we do, then there's a good chance that this team could end up like the last couple years of the Holmgren regime.

I don't know. 49ers had a new QB that can surprise teams until they get tape on him. We've seen what can happen to QBs one year to the next. Rams could fall off. Like us and everyone else like the Colts and Redskins and the Cowboys, as the QB goes so goes the team.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Rams have had ten years of high picks that were not used correctly, new coach and system that uses them better and boom high powered offense.

S.F. was not expected to be good, they spent the first half learning the play book, Have given Grappallo plenty of time to get up to speed and teams also took them lightly at first because of their record once he was inserted due to a injury. He played well in New England so their was film on him and what he does and his ability to read and what time it takes him to make throws, he was not an unknown. He is only going to get better as will the rest of the team. They have cap space and draft picks, S.F is going to rise quickly.

Arizona is now going to be the next team to go down before they come up along with us if we don't correct flaws we have all seen, Baldwin said it's not Bevell, if not Bevell then who is calling the games and who is making the decisions about whats consistent, Pete or Cable if Dougs assessment holds true, Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach. This has been a 3 to 4 year trend happening, I don't think its a rift with Doug and the rest of the receivers and Wilson, we don't get that by the body language and how they work on the field, we have seen players that are at odds and how they act, this team doesn't seem to be alienated from Wilson and they have to respect how he played this year and played with injuries last year and acknowledged his work ethic and willing to lay it all out there.

That brings us back to Pete and Cable. I have a hard time thinking the players have issues with Pete, he gave them a chance in the first place, yes he is loyal to his staff, but sometimes you can be too close to the problem and be part of it yourself, which may be the case here.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:35 pm

I know it’s not anything that would happen this offseason but why is PCs job security above scrutiny?
The Hawks played one really good game all year vs philly and only had a halftime lead 3 times all year.

They had 4 consequential December games and came out flat as a pancake . Rams game they quit. Last game was a must win and AZ jammed it down their throat with a backup QB and 4th string running back.

It’s brutal . 58 minute rock fight trying to get out of their own way and squeak out a win.its ever week it seems.
43-8 was awesome but it’s been steadily declining ever since . The division has flipped with 2 young hungry coaches and maybe another in AZ and we have the oldest coach in the League whose loyalty to coaches and lax discipline is truly becoming an issue.

If he won’t fire Bevell he should step down .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:39 am

Hawktawk wrote:I know it’s not anything that would happen this offseason but why is PCs job security above scrutiny?
The Hawks played one really good game all year vs philly and only had a halftime lead 3 times all year.

They had 4 consequential December games and came out flat as a pancake . Rams game they quit. Last game was a must win and AZ jammed it down their throat with a backup QB and 4th string running back.

It’s brutal . 58 minute rock fight trying to get out of their own way and squeak out a win.its ever week it seems.
43-8 was awesome but it’s been steadily declining ever since . The division has flipped with 2 young hungry coaches and maybe another in AZ and we have the oldest coach in the League whose loyalty to coaches and lax discipline is truly becoming an issue.
If he won’t fire Bevell he should step down .

He's not above scrutiny, at least in my eyes. If Pete doesn't make some substansial changes to the coaching staff, and that means to at least get rid of either Cable or Bevell, then I'm off his bandwagon. With no changes, we'd better see a much different product next season or else I'll be advocating that we fire him, blow up the team, and start over. It should be clear to even his most ardent supporter that the current paradigm isn't working. We saw the same thing happen towards the end of Holmgren's regime.

As far as ASF's observation about the Niners, I agree, many teams, the Cowboys and Dak Prescott being a recent example, have some good initial success before defenses figure out how to stop them. But they're not going back to the 2 or 3 win teams of their recent past. They may not contend next season, but they aren't going to be a gimme, either.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:35 am

I think some coaching changes are required on the Offensive side because the productivity has declined each of the last few years.
That alone should provide walking papers and players for whatever reason often need a new voice even if it's sending a similar message.
At this point freshening things up can't hurt.
The Defensive side needs some youth, but the system is fine and if all were relatively healthy we would have done much better even if they have lost half a step from age.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:13 pm

chris98251 wrote:Rams have had ten years of high picks that were not used correctly, new coach and system that uses them better and boom high powered offense.

S.F. was not expected to be good, they spent the first half learning the play book, Have given Grappallo plenty of time to get up to speed and teams also took them lightly at first because of their record once he was inserted due to a injury. He played well in New England so their was film on him and what he does and his ability to read and what time it takes him to make throws, he was not an unknown. He is only going to get better as will the rest of the team. They have cap space and draft picks, S.F is going to rise quickly.

Arizona is now going to be the next team to go down before they come up along with us if we don't correct flaws we have all seen, Baldwin said it's not Bevell, if not Bevell then who is calling the games and who is making the decisions about whats consistent, Pete or Cable if Dougs assessment holds true, Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach. This has been a 3 to 4 year trend happening, I don't think its a rift with Doug and the rest of the receivers and Wilson, we don't get that by the body language and how they work on the field, we have seen players that are at odds and how they act, this team doesn't seem to be alienated from Wilson and they have to respect how he played this year and played with injuries last year and acknowledged his work ethic and willing to lay it all out there.

That brings us back to Pete and Cable. I have a hard time thinking the players have issues with Pete, he gave them a chance in the first place, yes he is loyal to his staff, but sometimes you can be too close to the problem and be part of it yourself, which may be the case here.

I wait always. Injuries, regression, improved tape, and a variety can undermine a team. Only the Patriots seem immune to this while Belichick had been coach. It's hard to stay on type and I still think our QB is better than the Rams or 49ers. We need to get healthy. retool some, and then get things rolling again. If we get a run game back, we'll roll strong again on offense. I just don't trust Cable to do that. If the only way he can get a run game going is having Russell run as much as he does and having the most brutal RB in the league, then that is asking too much to make the run game work.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:09 pm

I don't think that wholesale changes need to be made, either. But then again, I didn't think we needed wholesale changes back in 2007 when we went 10-6, either, a year before the bottom dropped out and we went two years with double digit losses. This team is beginning to look awfully similar to those of the last part of the Holmgren/Ruskell era.

We need some significant changes. Perhaps if JS takes the Packers job it could be a blessing in disguise.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:16 pm

If that happened I hope that we are smart enough to hire Scot Mcloughlin as GM.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:19 pm

chris98251 wrote:If that happened I hope that we are smart enough to hire Scot Mcloughlin as GM.

I trust Pete to make that call, so if that were to happen, I'd support who ever Pete wants 100%.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:05 pm

It's been said he has a problem with alcohol, but there's no denying he has a very good eye for talent.
Does anyone know the circumstances that led to his moving on last time?
Were there more problems or personality conflicts or just better opportunities elsewhere?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It's been said he has a problem with alcohol, but there's no denying he has a very good eye for talent.
Does anyone know the circumstances that led to his moving on last time?
Were there more problems or personality conflicts or just better opportunities elsewhere?

He worked for the Redskins and made the mistake of butting heads with Bruce Allen, they currently have nobody listed as GM still, there is a Lawsuit filed by Scot for wrongful termination and slander from my understanding.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Instead of Blue Friday, it's now black.

Another year of the same coaches oh, how exciting. :oops:
Largent80
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 pm

curmudgeon
Legacy