Players on the way out , and needed changes

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Players on the way out , and needed changes

Postby DGontheQT » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:37 pm

In my opinion the offensive coaches need to be sacked , and Blair Walsh should join them. I am a 1st time poster from Australia and don't claim to have the knowledge of people who see us play regularly , but I have seen enough with them. It's obvious and needed. I wouldn't mind knowing your opinions of what you think we could get pick wise , if we trade guys like Graham , Sherman and Chancellor. Is this talk solely about salary cap relief ? What do we go after with our 1st Rounder too ? Last question is trading back in the draft working for us , and would you do it ? Thanks.
DGontheQT
Legacy

Re: Players on the way out , and needed changes

Postby chris98251 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 pm

chris98251
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 am

Welcome, DG.
You might be the first poster from Down Under on this forum.
Many of us fans agree with you about ridding us of the OL and OC, but Pete might think that they helped win us a Super Bowl as well as got us there the next year, too so it's the players.
We'll see how it turns out.
One thing that's for certain is our Offensive Line productivity has gone steadily downhill the last 3 years.

As far as picks go, this draft is deep at RB, and GM John Schneider likes to traded down. Since we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year, it seems tailor made for him to do the same to recover those picks.
It's frustrating to watch some real good players that look to me as the type that could really help get passed by as we trade down, but Defensively at least they do their homework.
One thing that seems to happen a lot with their first pick is it leaves a lot of us scratching our heads about who the player is. It doesn't mean it's a bad choice as some of the Defensive players have been pretty good, but they aren't
talked about much prior to the draft. Maybe this year it will be a little different.

I see our first selection at late 1st or early 2nd round and I'm hoping it's a dominating RB. It's the key to our Offense.
Nick Chubb is a guy I talked about a few months ago and he showed well in the Rose Bowl game, but another guy being talked about is Damien Harris from Alabama if he decides to leave college early.
Those are just 2 of possible RBs.
Pass rushers are always in play - no team can get enough of them and Offensive Linemen should also be considered.
Check out the Mock Drafts for players. They may not be who we select, but those mocks will help familiarize you with some of the players that people are talking about.

Jimmy Graham's contract is up so it's his choice of where he plays and it wouldn't surprise anyone if another team offered more money.
Sherman coming off of an achilles tear would be hard to trade for much just because of the doubt and Kam might retire if his neck injury is endangering his long term health.
It's partly about Cap relief, but it's also about getting old.
As well, Pete talked about not being as fast as the Rams, so that might be something they focus on in this draft.

I use NFLDraftScout to get a bit of information on players. It isn't complete by any means, but it gives an idea of players to look at and do some research on.
I was looking at some of the Junior RBs that might declare for this draft. You can find it here as well as other positions and years.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pr ... &order=ASC
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 am

DGontheQT wrote:In my opinion the offensive coaches need to be sacked , and Blair Walsh should join them. I am a 1st time poster from Australia and don't claim to have the knowledge of people who see us play regularly , but I have seen enough with them. It's obvious and needed. I wouldn't mind knowing your opinions of what you think we could get pick wise , if we trade guys like Graham , Sherman and Chancellor. Is this talk solely about salary cap relief ? What do we go after with our 1st Rounder too ? Last question is trading back in the draft working for us , and would you do it ? Thanks.

Welcome to The Shack, Mate! I hope you stay around for more than just a cup of java. I'm recently retired and Austraila is on my bucket list!

Blair Walsh is gone. You will never see him playing in an NFL game again let alone with the Seahawks. There's just too many kickers around that can consistently knock down 45-50 yard FG's. My guess is that we'll draft one of the top college kickers in the 6th or 7th round of the draft later this spring.

We should find out very soon what kind, if any, coaching changes will be made. I wouldn't be surprised to hear something today.

Graham is no longer under contract, so we can't trade him. The question is do we attempt to resign him, and for the money, I don't think we will. There's been a few rumors that he's willing to give us a home town discount, but we'll see.

Sherman has just one year left on his contract, plus coming off an Achilles tendon injury, he's damaged goods. I think a trade is unlikely and that we'll see how he performs next season and decide if we want to make him an offer or not.

Chancellor has 3 years remaining on his deal and his skills are clearly in decline. I don't think we trade him, either, as I don't think we'd get any offers. IMO we either re-negotiate his deal or cut him and take the cap hit.

But those are just my guesses. They aren't based on anything but my gut instinct.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum