Big Game Now

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Big Game Now

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:18 am

Whoever coaches the Saints DB's needs to be fired immediately. Either that or Cable should trade for that DB for his new O-Line....OLE !!!!!!.....Bravo, way to hand the game and your season to them.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

I normally don't feel sorry for professional athletes, but I can't help but admit to having some sympathy for Marcus Williams. He made a horrendous mistake but it was hardly the only mistake made by the Saints in this game. His had the misfortune of being on the decisive final play. The guy has been getting death threats.

And the sad part about it is that unless they tackled Diggs in bounds, the Vikings would have had a very good shot at kicking a game winning FG. There was 10 seconds left at the beginning of the play and the catch was made right on the sidelines between the 30 and 35 yard lines, so they're looking at about a 50 yard FG for the game winner....and they'd just gotten through banging one in from 53. So you could easily make the argument that it was the corner and not the safety that lost that game for them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Really perfect play and execution by the Vikes. There was a little space between the C and S and safety still had to worry a little about getting beat deep. Obviously the okay that the DB made was terrible, but it looked to me like he was trying to make sure he made the tackle in-bounds, by diving at Digg’s legs. What a crazy way to end a game, though. I’m glad the Vikes won. Kennum has a pretty cool story and has had a great year, might as well keep it going. Wouldn’t mind seeing them win the whole thing, really at this point I wouldn’t mind seeing anybody besides the Pats win it all. Think about the QBs still in it besides Brady: Bortles- at mid season nobody thought there was any real chance that he would be the QB of the Jags next year (he still might not be). Foles- had one great season with the Eagles and then has been a back-up everywhere else everybody knows he won’t be starting for them next year. Keenum- he’s been around. Basically a backup whose started a few extended stretches here and there. At the beginning of the season was probably viewed as the #3 QB behind Bradford and Bridgewater (if he could get healthy).A FA after the season, a decent chance he isn’t the QB in Minnesota next year.

Maybe PC’s philosophy of a dominating defense and run-first, ball control offense isn’t bad all of the sudden. Maybe we just need to get back to go we are as a team, which is why The hiring of Schott makes sense.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm

It might be one of the worst fundamental plays of the year. Probably the highest profile to date.
All he had to do was keep his head up so he could see and wrap up Digg's legs. He would have fallen in bounds and time would have run out before another play could be called.
Instead, he ducked and it was a complete whiff by Williams and the rest is history.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:58 pm

NorthHawk wrote:It might be one of the worst fundamental plays of the year. Probably the highest profile to date.
All he had to do was keep his head up so he could see and wrap up Digg's legs. He would have fallen in bounds and time would have run out before another play could be called.
Instead, he ducked and it was a complete whiff by Williams and the rest is history.

It would have had to have been a perfect tackle, cutting both legs out from underneath Diggs so that he landed on his hip/back and not on his feet. Anything less and Diggs would have easily stepped out of bounds. And it was a perfectly ran route, just over the corner and under the safety with his momentum heading towards the sidelines, perfectly thrown ball.

But I do agree that Williams was probably trying to do just that and missed badly, taking out his own player instead of the receiver.

Man, the poor kid is just getting eaten alive by Twitter. I hope law enforcement catches some of those guys that are telling him that he'd better not come back to No Lense.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

People go way overboard with these types of things and the perceived anonymity of the internet gives people license to to express themselves like idiots.
However, they always teach tacklers to keep their head up. If his was, he wouldn't have missed so badly and the game would have been over.
I hope he learns from it.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm

I've been rooting for the Vikings since the playoffs started. Just think of the dilemma they'll have if Case Keenum wins the SB MVP.

Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, Keenum wins MVP and all are F.A. I think, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, Dolphins,at least on paper looking for a starter, Bradford and Keenum must be looking real good to them about now, Cousins market competition got a lot tougher.
chris98251
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum