Rams Favorite Wine?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:40 pm

"Why can't we have a home field advantage like the Seahawks?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ra ... spartanntp
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:50 pm

It's because their name isn't the Raiders.
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Ha! Love it! He was such a jerk to the fans in St Louis and now he's pissing off fans in LA ...
User avatar
c_hawkbob
Legacy
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm
Location: K-evil Kentucky, 42053

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:41 pm

And in the meantime, Cleveland Browns fans were throwing a parade to commemorate their "perfect" 0-16 season, which apparently didn't sit too well with some of the Browns players (to which I say "boo-hoo"), but they did do the politically correct thing and appologised for their effort, or rather, lack thereof.

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/01/browns-i ... 16-season/
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby obiken » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 am

RiverDog wrote:And in the meantime, Cleveland Browns fans were throwing a parade to commemorate their "perfect" 0-16 season, which apparently didn't sit too well with some of the Browns players (to which I say "boo-hoo"), but they did do the politically correct thing and appologised for their effort, or rather, lack thereof.

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/01/browns-i ... 16-season/



River, even when you had the "great Rams" of the 70's, Ala Merlin Olsen, when did the LA fans support them all that well, even back then??
obiken
Legacy
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:35 am

obiken wrote:River, even when you had the "great Rams" of the 70's, Ala Merlin Olsen, when did the LA fans support them all that well, even back then??


As I recall, the Rams were well supported back in the 60's and 70's during George Allen's tenure which included the Fearsome Foursome. They had a fantastic rivalry, perhaps the best rivalry in the league at that time, with John Brodie's San Francisco 49'ers, who played in Kezar Stadium, location of a scene in the movie "Dirty Harry". My recollection is that attendance started to wane a few years after they moved out to Anaheim.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 am

As a kid growing up in Orange County I was a huge Rams fan.

We would make the drive to the Colessium to watch most of the games. $1.25 for the cheap seats near the torch end of the stadium.!!!!

The city supported that team really well, especially during the playoffs which were many years in a row. (Minny and Dallas were usually the main foes)...Yes, Tarkenton and Staubach...I'm that old.

I got Merlin Olsons autograph on his rookie card, that sucker is worth a LOT of money.

Anyway, It didn't sound to me like he was dissing the fans that much, that stadium is cavernous and the seats are far from the field. I used to bring binoculars. Of course I was sitting higher than where birds fly. Back then you could bring small ice chests in. with anything in them !!!!
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Largent80 wrote:As a kid growing up in Orange County I was a huge Rams fan.

We would make the drive to the Colessium to watch most of the games. $1.25 for the cheap seats near the torch end of the stadium.!!!!

The city supported that team really well, especially during the playoffs which were many years in a row. (Minny and Dallas were usually the main foes)...Yes, Tarkenton and Staubach...I'm that old.

I got Merlin Olsons autograph on his rookie card, that sucker is worth a LOT of money.

Anyway, It didn't sound to me like he was dissing the fans that much, that stadium is cavernous and the seats are far from the field. I used to bring binoculars. Of course I was sitting higher than where birds fly. Back then you could bring small ice chests in. with anything in them !!!!


Tarkenton and Staubach? How about Roman Gabriel, John Brodie, Bart Starr, Sonny Jorgenson, and Norn Snead?

And here's a trivia tip: Bobby Wagner's alma mater is Utah State, but he is not the best football player to hail from there (at least not yet). Who is?

The answer is your autograph score: Merlin Olsen.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:17 pm

RiverDog wrote:The answer is your autograph score: Merlin Olsen.


I knew that. Really.
User avatar
c_hawkbob
Legacy
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm
Location: K-evil Kentucky, 42053

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Tarkenton and Staubach? How about Roman Gabriel, John Brodie, Bart Starr, Sonny Jorgenson, and Norn Snead?

And here's a trivia tip: Bobby Wagner's alma mater is Utah State, but he is not the best football player to hail from there (at least not yet). Who is?

The answer is your autograph score: Merlin Olsen.


You forgot Joe Kapp when the Vikings started to become more relevant before they got Tarkenton.
NorthHawk
Legacy
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:28 pm

I could list a gazillion awesome players from that time. In fact I went to a taping of "the Dating Game"...L.A. Rams edition with Dick Bass, Lawrence McCutcheon and Deacon Jones.

Tarkenton and Staubach were Ram killers back then.
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

NorthHawk wrote:You forgot Joe Kapp when the Vikings started to become more relevant before they got Tarkenton.


Kapp started out in the CFL and didn't play for the Vikings until after Tarkenton was traded to the Giants. He never played against the Fearsome Foursome.

But Joe Kapp is an answer to another football player: Name the only player to play in a Rose Bowl, a Grey Cup, and a Super Bowl. Best known for his wounded duck passes.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Joe Kapp was also known for this little tidbit at the 2011 CFL Legends awards when he and Angelo Mosca renewed acquaintances that goes back to the 1963 Grey Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8
User avatar
Agent 86
Legacy
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:40 pm
Location: Sooke B.C.

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Joe Kapp was also known for this little tidbit at the 2011 CFL Legends awards when he and Angelo Mosca renewed acquaintances that goes back to the 1963 Grey Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8


I remember that! If those two were 30 years younger, you would have swore it was Jim Everett duking out Jim Rome. Thanks for dusting off the cobwebs.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:28 pm

The answer is your autograph score: Merlin Olsen.


I knew that. Really.


No need for the "really". I believe you. IMO you'd be the ultimate challenge in a 60's NFL trivia quiz.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:26 pm

[quote="RiverDog"][quote="Agent 86"]Joe Kapp was also known for this little tidbit at the 2011 CFL Legends awards when he and Angelo Mosca renewed acquaintances that goes back to the 1963 Grey Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8

I remember that! If those two were 30 years younger, you would have swore it was Jim Everett duking out Jim Rome. Thanks for dusting off the cobwebs."

The animosity started in the Grey Cup where Mosca cheap shotted RB Willie Fleming (from I think Oregon) and pretty much ended the BC Lions hopes of a win. They never let it go.
NorthHawk
Legacy
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:11 am

NorthHawk wrote:The animosity started in the Grey Cup where Mosca cheap shotted RB Willie Fleming (from I think Oregon) and pretty much ended the BC Lions hopes of a win. They never let it go.



Holy cow, that would have had to have dated the feud back to the mid 60's. I guess that holding a grudge for 50 years qualifies as "never letting it go", wouldn't you say?
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 am

Yup, it sure does.
When Kapp left for the NFL, it settled down a little between the teams although the Lions fans had it out for Mosca until he retired.
You don't see many rivalries or lingering hatred like that any more.
NorthHawk
Legacy
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am

NorthHawk wrote:You don't see many rivalries or lingering hatred like that any more.


Thanks to free agency. Players aren't bound to the same team for the majority of their careers like they used to be.
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby Largent80 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:44 am

2 buck Chuck
User avatar
Largent80
Legacy
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Location: Magnolia, Texas

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:No need for the "really". I believe you. IMO you'd be the ultimate challenge in a 60's NFL trivia quiz.


Be a fun game to have if we weren't all on the intent with all the answers at our fingertips ... like passing time at a sports bar waiting for the game to start. And I bet you'd getting as many as me ...
User avatar
c_hawkbob
Legacy
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm
Location: K-evil Kentucky, 42053

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Be a fun game to have if we weren't all on the intent with all the answers at our fingertips ... like passing time at a sports bar waiting for the game to start. And I bet you'd getting as many as me ...


Thanks, Cbob! A trivia contest would make for a good beer bet. It could be like the old west, when gun fighters had to leave their guns at the city limits. Confiscate everyone's cell phones and take away their fig leaves!
User avatar
RiverDog
Legacy
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 am
Location: Kennewick, WA, 99338

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 am

Hopefully we'll have a chance to actually do it some time!
User avatar
c_hawkbob
Legacy
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm
Location: K-evil Kentucky, 42053

Re: Rams Favorite Wine?

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Rams favorite wine is, "know super bowl "
User avatar
politicalfootball
Legacy
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:47 am


Return to Seahawks Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests