Do ya got a Dog? (Jags / Pats game thread)

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Do ya got a Dog? (Jags / Pats game thread)

Postby Largent80 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am

I do....River....JK.

I mean in the playoffs.

Mines easy...The Big Easy. I had a friend from a different message board "Asylum Guido" who is one of the coolest dudes Iv'e never met.

I live close to NOLA so Geaux Saints !!!!!

Who Dat!!!
Last edited by Largent80 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Do ya got a Dog?

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 am

I've been to a couple games in Tennessee and I really like the fans and the atmosphere if not the team as much. I'll be rooting for them but don't expect them to get past Foxborough.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Don't have a dog in this fight, L80.

I like the Eagles as a team, but who can root for a team whose fan base once pelted Santa Claus with snowballs?

I suppose if I had to pick one, I'd choose the Vikings. I actually went to the Saints-Vikings game on the MNF opener this year on my return trip from Green Bay. They've never won a Lombardi, and they have a chance to do it in their own stadium this year.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 pm

RiverDog wrote:Don't have a dog in this fight, L80.

I like the Eagles as a team, but who can root for a team whose fan base once pelted Santa Claus with snowballs?

I suppose if I had to pick one, I'd choose the Vikings. I actually went to the Saints-Vikings game on the MNF opener this year on my return trip from Green Bay. They've never won a Lombardi, and they have a chance to do it in their own stadium this year.

Won't root for Minnihaha after the poison pill. Just won't.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:56 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Won't root for Minnihaha after the poison pill. Just won't.

Lol, love it!......remind me never to do anything to make you hold a grudge against me CBob :D

Going into the playoffs, I had Atlanta as my darkhorse. The old "gotta go through bad playoff experiences to make it to the top" thing. Well they beat the Rams so they are still alive, and are a road favourite against the #1 seeded team (yeah I know, no Wentz). I kinda find myself rooting for them now since they knocked the Rams off. Dan Quinn has lived through 2 of the worst possible Super Bowl losses in the past 3 years, I'm rooting for him to get it this year.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Agent 86 wrote:Lol, love it!......remind me never to do anything to make you hold a grudge against me CBob :D

Going into the playoffs, I had Atlanta as my darkhorse. The old "gotta go through bad playoff experiences to make it to the top" thing. Well they beat the Rams so they are still alive, and are a road favourite against the #1 seeded team (yeah I know, no Wentz). I kinda find myself rooting for them now since they knocked the Rams off. Dan Quinn has lived through 2 of the worst possible Super Bowl losses in the past 3 years, I'm rooting for him to get it this year.

I wonder how many times that has happened, a #1 seed being the underdog to the #6 seed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Way way back I rooted for the Vikes to win the Super Bowl, (all 4 times). I told Alan Page at the Marine Barracks in Kiev that I would never root for the Vikes again since as he put it, they were always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

But then I know they never had a single player kneel this season and I really want to root for them for that reason. I'm really confused..... :cry:
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:22 pm

My dawg died.

Now I have to root for Jacksonville.

At the beginning of the year I predicted them and Tennessee to be the best improved teams. Dang I was right but not surprised.

I actually think the Jag's can beat the Brady's.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Before the Seahawks were a team I rooted for the Vikings as well as the Bears and Packers. Me and my cousin growing up liked the Purple People Eaters. So to this day I like the Vikings. If Seahawks are not going back to the Super Bowl I want Vikings.

Go Seahawks...... Go Vikings !
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm

I spent 9 years in North Dakota and Minnesota on top of a childhood of loving their unis. I'll be rooting for them to win it all.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Rooting for Minny, mainly because of Keenum, the hard luck history and the chance to vanquish it all at home.
Thats said there's only one team winning it all that would upset me and 88% of america agree. They have won enough. :evil: :evil: :evil:
GO JAGS!!! or Vikes. Or eagles!!! Just please no I don't want to see that metrosexual ball deflating assassin raising another lombardi.
But they gotta earn it....Its not a fluke the pats are chasing 8...
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Jags got that mojo.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Do ya got a Dog? (Jags / Pats game thread)

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Re-named
Largent80
Legacy

Postby trents » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 pm

I can't believe how easily the Jags O Line and Fourtnett are moving the ball against the Pats! But the Jags seem to be doing that to most teams. Is the Pat's run defense that bad or is the Jags run game that good. Bortels has it made! He doesn't have to be a good arm with that kind of running game. He just has to be able to hand the ball off and throw a dink once in a while.

Wouldn't Pete love to have that line and that tailback! And for a change up, Yeldon ain't bad either.
Last edited by trents on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trents
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Jags look alot like 2012 Hawks
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

2013 hawks. But a couple of tight penalties and here we go. The pi was perplexing . How can you interfere with a player who is out of bounds?
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 pm

The Pats are going to have to stop the run and make Bortles beat them.

The illegal hit on Gronk could prove decisive. IMO the DB should have to sit as long as Gronk is out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum