Scapegoats?....

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Scapegoats?....

Postby curmudgeon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

OK heads are rolling but.....Take a look at the number of draft/personnel "misses" since 2012. This team has grown old with minimal effective replenishment. Hopefully Mr. Allen is shaking this tree as well.......
curmudgeon
Legacy

Re: Scapegoats?....

Postby Rambo2014 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm

LOL Everyone up there dancing on the bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Rambo2014 wrote:LOL Everyone up there dancing on the bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Rambo-nes

Sorry troll bouy but get back into your mom's basement and check back in a few years
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 pm

curmudgeon wrote:OK heads are rolling but.....Take a look at the number of draft/personnel "misses" since 2012. This team has grown old with minimal effective replenishment. Hopefully Mr. Allen is shaking this tree as well.......

Very true, but even so it's up to the coordinators to at least make strategic changes even if the personnel they've been given is less than stellar.
One of the things that's bothered me is the OL where it takes a few years for a player to develop and yet they move positions every year.
With the lack of good coaching in College, it's going to take a while to get NFL ready, so they have to go through the process before we really know how good or not they are.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 pm

I doubt Paul Allen is behind this. He has always been hands off, but only he, John, & Pete know for sure.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

They had to go, no one is dancing, now we have to find replacements.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm

obiken wrote:They had to go, no one is dancing, now we have to find replacements.

Sorry to inform you, I'm doing the Electric Slide.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby obiken » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:32 pm

curmudgeon wrote:OK heads are rolling but.....Take a look at the number of draft/personnel "misses" since 2012. This team has grown old with minimal effective replenishment. Hopefully Mr. Allen is shaking this tree as well.......

Good point Crumy! Like the Herd was saying: We have no running game thats on Pete, we have the worst OL in the NFL, that's on Pete. Moreover, We have no Julio Jones type WR, when I said at the time we could have had Woods out of USC, we take Locket. Lockett and Richardson are ok but often injured. We lost Unger to a trade the jury is still out. Sorry, next year its ALL on Pete, love him, hate him, despise him!
obiken
Legacy

Postby DGontheQT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 am

I am happy with those decisions regarding the departing coaches , but I would hope those guys get treated with class on the way out , and get told they will always be part of the Seahawk family.
DGontheQT
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 am

Quite obviously they were treated with class because it took 2 weeks for the announcements.

Not one single person is responsible for all the things that are wrong, it's a team sport and even though there is a head coach, the blame get's spread.

I honestly think Pete(despite his loyalty) had seen enough, and just in case these moves don't work out and the Hawks struggle I expect Pete to stay on for a second drive to a trophy.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 am

I hate to see people lose their jobs, but it's a business where lack of success means changes are required.
We've seen a bad trend recently on the Offensive side, so it's time to change it up.
I agree with DG, they will always be part of the best period of Seahawks football.
Good luck to them both.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 am

NorthHawk wrote:I hate to see people lose their jobs, but it's a business where lack of success means changes are required.
We've seen a bad trend recently on the Offensive side, so it's time to change it up.
I agree with DG, they will always be part of the best period of Seahawks football.
Good luck to them both.

I used to, but they will land it college minimal. They are not out on the street.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 am

NorthHawk wrote:I hate to see people lose their jobs, but it's a business where lack of success means changes are required.
Good luck to them both.

My sympathy for guys like Bevell and Cable runs pretty shallow. It's not like losing a job in the real world where you don't know how you're ever going to make the house payment or if you're even going to be able to get a job without having to sell the house and move, or wondering how in the hell you are ever going to get your kids through college. Both guys will hook on somewhere, and for money that most of us can only dream about. This is more like not getting a part in a play where you simply wait for another production to come along rather than having your entire life turned upside down.

But I will echo your sentiments about acknowledging their contribution to the best period of Seahawk football that this franchise has ever seen, and I for one will be eternally grateful to both of them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am

On the other side of the coin, being publicly fired is harder than just family knowing.
Sure, they have a lot more money in their accounts, but they also get shaming and scorn from know-it-alls like us who sometimes celebrate their loss.
It's part of the job, but it's still something most of us will never experience unless we hit the front page and go to jail or something like that.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 am

Another way of looking at it is, they have seen the bad play the same way as everyone else, so knowing your head is on a block and also knowing you are the one responsible for that play why not look elsewhere or simply retire?

I have zero sympathy for their plight but am happy they contributed to the success.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am

NorthHawk wrote:On the other side of the coin, being publicly fired is harder than just family knowing.
Sure, they have a lot more money in their accounts, but they also get shaming and scorn from know-it-alls like us who sometimes celebrate their loss.
It's part of the job, but it's still something most of us will never experience unless we hit the front page and go to jail or something like that.

Sure, there's some of that. It's part of being a high profile coach in the NFL, and a conscious decision made by Bevell/Cable with what one would assume is the consent of their families when they first embarked on their current career paths. That publicity is the primary source of all that money they are paid.

So although it's nothing to be flippant about, the emotional stress caused by an NFL coach getting fired does not come close to trumping what many times is a devastating financial and emotional crisis when someone with very few marketable skills gets let go. Families break up, kids go astray, violence can erupt.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:26 am

I don't thnk getting fired from an industry that fires a good percentage of its people every year is as disgraceful as losing your job on the assembly line because the factory moved to China/Mexico or for "cause" (poor performance).

People are expected to be fired in the NFL - look at Belicheat, he got fired from the Browns job when they moved to Baltimore and he's one of the best coaches the NFL has ever seen. I think the Tuna also got fired in Dallas and Jimmy Johnson may not have been fired in Miami but he sure wasn't asked to stay either. Ditka in N.O., etc. Sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't.

OH CRAP! I almost forgot about Carroll in N.E.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

obiken wrote:Good point Crumy! Like the Herd was saying: We have no running game thats on Pete, we have the worst OL in the NFL, that's on Pete. Moreover, We have no Julio Jones type WR, when I said at the time we could have had Woods out of USC, we take Locket. Lockett and Richardson are ok but often injured. We lost Unger to a trade the jury is still out. Sorry, next year its ALL on Pete, love him, hate him, despise him!

And other teams don't have a Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin, and the list could go on. Each team is built differently. Our team has been more successful than teams with Julio Jones, A great offensive line (Dallas), and better running games. The win-loss record and playoffs is the best way to judge a team. We missed the playoffs this year. That is how we will measure Pete.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum