Team Chemistry

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Team Chemistry

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm

OK, well all know that Doug Baldwin is going to go back to being "angry" Doug since he was DB's most vocal cheer leader, "it is not the play calling!" emphasized Baldwin in a recent interview. I admire loyalty, it is a great quality for a person to have. But, there is also mis-placed loyalty and such things as "loyal to a fault". Doug Baldwin has only played for ONE OC in his whole NFL career, and that goes for Russell Wilson and just about out entire receiving core, with the notable exception of one Jimmy Graham. I am willing to bet that Jimmy has already talked to angry Doug and affable Russell how GREAT an NFL Offense can be when it is coordinated by someone who knows what they are doing, like Graham's former HC, Sean Payton.

Think about it, Wilson nor Baldwin have any idea what it is like playing for a stud Offensive mind like a Holmgren, Norv Turner, or some of the younger guys like Mc Daniel and that young new HC for the Rams. Sean Payton working with Drew Brees will probably put both of them in Canton just think what he could do with a Russell Wilson?? Wilson and Baldwin have only ONE guy to measure up against in putting together an offense using the players at hand and attacking an NFL defense with more imagination than my two year old great grand daughter. I mean, if I, sitting at home can guess more than half the time whether or not it will be a run or a pass it is one more indictment on our whole offense and not just the O-Line, running back or receiver core or QB play. I mean, has there EVER been a player who was more "MOST VALUABLE" to their team, or any other team in the NFL this season than Russell Wilson??? I certainly don't think so, but, he will NEVER earn the MVP if the offense he is directing is as anemic as ours has been the last several seasons.

I expect, that next year at this very time we will be watching interviews with a happy Doug and an estatic Wilson and they will explain on how their new coaches, their new coordinators had them looking at their jobs a whole new way and how that, and less injuries and less penalties all came together to make the Rams time at the top a "one and done" affair.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Team Chemistry

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:OK, well all know that Doug Baldwin is going to go back to being "angry" Doug since he was DB's most vocal cheer leader, "it is not the play calling!" emphasized Baldwin in a recent interview. I admire loyalty, it is a great quality for a person to have. But, there is also mis-placed loyalty and such things as "loyal to a fault". Doug Baldwin has only played for ONE OC in his whole NFL career, and that goes for Russell Wilson and just about out entire receiving core, with the notable exception of one Jimmy Graham. I am willing to bet that Jimmy has already talked to angry Doug and affable Russell how GREAT an NFL Offense can be when it is coordinated by someone who knows what they are doing, like Graham's former HC, Sean Payton.

Think about it, Wilson nor Baldwin have any idea what it is like playing for a stud Offensive mind like a Holmgren, Norv Turner, or some of the younger guys like Mc Daniel and that young new HC for the Rams. Sean Payton working with Drew Brees will probably put both of them in Canton just think what he could do with a Russell Wilson?? Wilson and Baldwin have only ONE guy to measure up against in putting together an offense using the players at hand and attacking an NFL defense with more imagination than my two year old great grand daughter. I mean, if I, sitting at home can guess more than half the time whether or not it will be a run or a pass it is one more indictment on our whole offense and not just the O-Line, running back or receiver core or QB play. I mean, has there EVER been a player who was more "MOST VALUABLE" to their team, or any other team in the NFL this season than Russell Wilson??? I certainly don't think so, but, he will NEVER earn the MVP if the offense he is directing is as anemic as ours has been the last several seasons.

I expect, that next year at this very time we will be watching interviews with a happy Doug and an estatic Wilson and they will explain on how their new coaches, their new coordinators had them looking at their jobs a whole new way and how that, and less injuries and less penalties all came together to make the Rams time at the top a "one and done" affair.

Archie Manning was NFC Player of the year once and got to the Pro Bowl twice, so he's probably closest.

I believe that players that succeed the most like Brady and Montana do so because in part they had the good luck to end up with the right franchise and coaching staff.
I doubt either would have the HoF credentials like they do if they played for a team like Cleveland has been the last number of years.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

The fact that the Hawks still got to the playoffs for 2 years after the "play" says something about chemistry.

All the while losing tons of F.A. and injuries galore, while still being able to reward core players with good 2nd contracts.

The Rams have a LOT of players on the cheap right now but that is going to be changing real soon. I wouldn't worry about them, just the Hawks because the Purge is just beginning.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:16 pm

It's a relief that all this is Finally happening.
I guess it's also an indicator that Pete is pretty much determined to get the Seahawks back to the SB before he leaves.

This season took a lot out of him. It's the first time I've seen him look worn out. I think the new coaching staff will help give him a 2nd wind. I'm glad that, at minimum, these changes are taking place while Pete and John are in place. We're really not that far off from being good again.

Best RB available to us this spring would help us tremendously, regardless of how shaky the OL remains for the time being. Find another starting CB, DL (run stopper) and WR with some legit height (a la Graham).

We're not going to turn into SF '14-'16, but our F.O. REALLY needs to start hitting on more draft picks to keep pace with our division rivals.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:OK, well all know that Doug Baldwin is going to go back to being "angry" Doug since he was DB's most vocal cheer leader, "it is not the play calling!" emphasized Baldwin in a recent interview. I admire loyalty, it is a great quality for a person to have. But, there is also mis-placed loyalty and such things as "loyal to a fault". Doug Baldwin has only played for ONE OC in his whole NFL career, and that goes for Russell Wilson and just about out entire receiving core, with the notable exception of one Jimmy Graham. I am willing to bet that Jimmy has already talked to angry Doug and affable Russell how GREAT an NFL Offense can be when it is coordinated by someone who knows what they are doing, like Graham's former HC, Sean Payton.

You're buying too much into Florio's speculation methinks. He's been a Russ/Seahawks hater for years.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum