Stress free playoffs

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Stress free playoffs

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:26 am

As much as I hate the fact the Hawks are home I've been enjoying the postseason games.Its been way easier on the liver and the anxiety factor. There have been so many great games minus Pats Titans and obviously the last one was an all time top 5 playoff game finish. It will mean a lot more if they seal the deal of course.
I'm really interested in seeing how it winds up. If I had to make a guess Id say #8 appearance and #6 lombardi for you know who but I sure hope not.

Jax presents some defensive problems the Pats have not seen much of this year and if Brady has his waterloo its a withering pass rush. I was also impressed with how Jax offense and Bortles were able to regain the momentum after Pittsburgh had come back in the game. It was an impressive win in a shootout.Doug Marrone is proving to be one of the best in the league. I liked the hire when it was made. Still its Brady and Billacheat and you got to go with vegas in your mind. Ill pick with my gut though and say monumental upset Jax 31-pats 19.

The eagles are the most surprising team left standing. I had them losing to Atlanta with Foles but he was very competent in the game.Good grief whats happened to Julio Jones?
Its the no name QB bowl coming up. 2 geat coaches with great defenses although Minny is the gold standard.

I see them stuffing the run and getting home on Foles. I was amazed that out of the 8 playoff teams in history to be hosting the superbowl in their stadium this this the first one to advance even to the conference championship game.
I have a hard time seeing how they cant ride the juice of the electrifying win and prize of hosting the SB 60 minutes away to get it done.
Vikes 24-Eagles 13.

So rush off to vegas and get money down on Philly and NE shack fans!!!:-)
Hawktawk
Legacy

Re: Stress free playoffs

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 am

Wasn't Spielman the architect of the Hutch poison pill?
For that reason alone I can't pull for the Vikings, yet I feel for their fan base having never won a Super Bowl or NFL championship prior to the amalgamation of the NFL and AFL.
In the end, for me it's Anyone but NE.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 am

NorthHawk wrote:Wasn't Spielman the architect of the Hutch poison pill?
For that reason alone I can't pull for the Vikings, yet I feel for their fan base having never won a Super Bowl or NFL championship prior to the amalgamation of the NFL and AFL.

I grew up a minny fan long before there was a Seattle . Joe Kapp , one half of a collision waiting for the other half and of course Tarkenton , Chuck Foreman , purple people eaters etc.

I’m over the poison pill. If Ruskell hadn’t had his head up his arse it wouldn’t have happened .

I hate Pittsburgh forever and everyone but NE hates NE.
I’m pulling for Keenum and NFL history at this point.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

NorthHawk wrote:Wasn't Spielman the architect of the Hutch poison pill?

I don't blame the Vikings for the poison pill, I blame Hutchinson. It was a low down dirty move to disrespect his teammates, fans, and coaches by putting a few more bucks over what they had all worked so hard to build.

The Vikings didn't do anything dastardly or underhanded, to the contrary, their poison pill clause was reviewed and ultimately accepted by the arbitrator as being legit. Besides, it was Ruskell's F-up for trying to save a few pennies by not apply the F-tag, which would have prevented the whole thing from occuring in the first place.

Besides, as Hawktalk points out, that happened back in the winter of 2006, or nearly 12 years ago.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 am

RiverDog wrote:
I don't blame the Vikings for the poison pill, I blame Hutchinson. It was a low down dirty move to disrespect his teammates, fans, and coaches by putting a few more bucks over what they had all worked so hard to build.

The Vikings didn't do anything dastardly or underhanded, to the contrary, their poison pill clause was reviewed and ultimately accepted by the arbitrator as being legit. Besides, it was Ruskell's F-up for trying to save a few pennies by not apply the F-tag, which would have prevented the whole thing from occuring in the first place.

Besides, as Hawktalk points out, that happened back in the winter of 2006, or nearly 12 years ago.

I agree it was Ruskell's F-up but the Vikings certainty did something dastardly and underhanded. Just because it was uphelp by the arbitrator doesn't mean that it wasn't shady. The NFL actually changed the rules on how contracts can be written based on situations like this. The Vikings manipulated rules to create a situation in which the Hawks couldn't have signed him. There is no doubt that other NFL owners/GM's could have used this trick but didn't because it wasn't above board. With all that being said I don't really hold any grudge against them. New coaches and GM. I didn't want them to have any success with Hutch, which they didn't so water under the bridge now.
mykc14
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm

RiverDog wrote:I don't blame the Vikings for the poison pill, I blame Hutchinson. It was a low down dirty move to disrespect his teammates, fans, and coaches by putting a few more bucks over what they had all worked so hard to build.

I agree and disagree RD. I definitely blame Hutch and his agent for the poison pill but I blame Ruskells overall management of the roster for why he did it. Everybody that was anyone on that offense but the future HOF guard got re uped and they didn't even bother to make him a reasonable offer, just slapped the T tag on him on a loaded team with a nice window to operate in and nobody else really needing the F tag. He was quoted at the times saying it didn't look like he was a priority. He felt underappreciated IMO.

I also blamed the Vikes GM some too. As you say it isn't illegal but things can be dastardly and underhanded without being illegal which IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANYWAY imo. Why does one team have to guarantee a contract the other one didn't assuming the money is the same?

Ruskell wouldnt guarantee the deal and that was that. The fact that they went to the divisional the next 2 years with a greatly diminished line tells me it's likely they would have competed for more hardware for a few years had that line stayed intact.
The Hawks were dead in the ditch by 2008 later due to that and other poor decisions on personnel and never regained their dominant offense of 2005.

Regardless I am pulling Vikes so I've signed their death warrant :-()
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby chris98251 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Would enjoy a Vikings Jags Super Bowl.
chris98251
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm

GoVikings. That game was untouchable in the great games of all time.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

I do not like the Pats and happy to see the Jaguar beat them on Sunday. I still remember losing to the Pats in the Super Bowl. It was because of coach Bevfool but the Pats always win. So I don't like them. I Am glad that the sweepers lost too for most of the same reasons as the Pats.

Go Jags.... Go Vikings
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am

politicalfootball wrote:GoVikings. That game was untouchable in the great games of all time.

Really? I didn't even think it was the best game of the weekend ... I liked the Jags/Steelers game better.

And yes, Go Jags!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:27 am

Ok C_hawkbob . Yes I did get carried away some. Thanks but I am a big Vikings fan.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum