U Keeping Up With The Media?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

U Keeping Up With The Media?

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 am

Just a question to the Board of DIRECTORS of HAWKSHACK.(Ie. everyone).

I can't keep up with the articles so far about us. Its too much. Sherman, RW, Mich Robinson, Lynch, Carroll...Race relations, NFL, my head is spinning. I can't read them all.

Are you guys feeling the same way? Man, I don't remember it being this way in 05 at all. Other than Joey Porter calling JS a PUNK and that big blowup.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: U Keeping Up With The Media?

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 am

Welcome to Super Bowl week media day! It'll take the rest of the week to catch up with just today :)
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 am

I don't bother trying to keep up.
If a headline catches my eye or someone points out an article, I'll take a look - other than that I don't have enough time to read them all.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Long Time Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 am

I live in Houston and the local media is still focused on the Texans new coaching staff and whether or not to draft Johnny Football (People here would like to believe Manziel is the next Russell Wilson). The only local Superbowl coverage to this point has been the AFC centric pandering of Peyton Manning's quest to have the greatest year for a QB in NFL history. There has been no consideration of a canceling of that would-be coronation.

I am already tired of the national media and its likewise fixation on the Broncos and Manning. The seahawks are an after-thought much like a groom at a wedding. All of the focus is on the bride-like Manning and Broncos. Only the Seahawks family is giving the groom any chance. Few of us can really be objective, but I don't see how anyone watching even a few Seahawk games this year would under estimate the Seahawks chances. I am curious if our team's players feel the slight? I hope that the Seahawks go into battle with a chip on their shoulder. Why not us.

I'm curious about the slant of other local media outside of Seattle and how the game is being spun?
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:45 am

Long Time Fan wrote:I live in Houston and the local media is still focused on the Texans new coaching staff and whether or not to draft Johnny Football (People here would like to believe Manziel is the next Russell Wilson). The only local Superbowl coverage to this point has been the AFC centric pandering of Peyton Manning's quest to have the greatest year for a QB in NFL history. There has been no consideration of a canceling of that would-be coronation.

I am already tired of the national media and its likewise fixation on the Broncos and Manning. The seahawks are an after-thought much like a groom at a wedding. All of the focus is on the bride-like Manning and Broncos. Only the Seahawks family is giving the groom any chance. Few of us can really be objective, but I don't see how anyone watching even a few Seahawk games this year would under estimate the Seahawks chances. I am curious if our team's players feel the slight? I hope that the Seahawks go into battle with a chip on their shoulder. Why not us.

I'm curious about the slant of other local media outside of Seattle and how the game is being spun?

Here in Kentucky it seems pretty balanced, we're getting a good bit about both teams, but hereabouts it's almost all about college BBall this time of year!, football is an aside at the end of the show.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:12 am

I've been In Heaven since the win against the 49ers.

Local (bay area, CA) radio still lamenting their loss, and now media day at the Super Bowl talkin' all things Seahawks.

I'm going to enjoy this week as much as I can. I'm so stoked for our team to make it back to the Big Game.

They've earned this, they deserve it.

And I gotta feeling they're gonna come through for Seattle, themselves, and for 12's everywhere.

Seahawks, 27-20.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Long Time Fan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks Bob and Z76, getting the perspectives of other regions gives balance to the local view. Truly I couldn't give a rats ass to any media leaning; they can fluff, twist, inflame, magnify, overlook all they want in an effort to sell their advertising, but at the end of the day they know little about our team and our chances for victory.

I am getting so pumped up just watching the NFL network and their coverage of past superbowls and the elation of the winning teams and players. We Seahawk fans are long overdue for such a celebration. This year the goal is tangible and within reach. Let the media bellow their petty fascinations, the Seahawks will take care of the business of winning.
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Since the thread is asking the question are we keeping up with the media? Here's my recap of the media to date.

Richard Sherman is a bad guy, write 1000 stories until everyone is sick to TEARS of Richard Sherman, then rinse and repeat some more, just because it's easier than finding a new story.

The Seahawks are bad people. They must be because Richard Sherman is bad, and he is a Seahawks player.

The Broncos have a great defense...no seriously, I swear they really do. (Also, these are not the Bronco's defensive statistics you're looking for!)

Peyton Manning needs this Superbowl win to cement his legacy, even though he's already had one superbowl win, and doesn't need another to cement his legacy, but he's REALLY GOOD and he can beat any team by himself, he's THAT GOOD, and he is a really really good guy. Did we mention how much we think he's awesome and funny and likable and how much we are REALLY pulling for him to win another Superbowl to cement his legacy, even though he doesn't need another Superbowl win to cement his legacy?

Richard Sherman is STILL a loudmouthed JERK and we just don't like him! Even though he's pretty funny...and affable, and interesting, and has a really neat background story, and...WE STILL DON'T LIKE HIM!!!

OMG we have collective butthurt because Marshawn Lynch won't talk to us!!!1!! He's clearly a petulant child who is spoiled, because if he weren't he'd give us great soundbites like...Richard Sherman who WE WISH WOULD SHUT UP! Really...we really do wish he would just shut up! No, we swear it's true!We don't like him at all, even though he's really articulate, and well mannered, and gives terrific interviews, and has those dreamy eyes, and...OMG we HATE Richard Sherman!
Oh and we DEMAND access to Marshawn Lynch, even though we realize that you cannot legally force someone to enjoy talking, we demand you force him to anyway!

Denver is clearly the good guys, Seattle is clearly the bad guys, and the Broncos will win because Peyton Manning is so awesome, he smells awesome, his upper lip is awesome, his quivering chin is awesome and oh GAWD he is teh awesome!!!!!11!!1!!!

So to recap my recap, Seahawks are bad, Broncos are good, Manning is awesome, Sherman we hate, Lynch won't play and we're going to cry about it!
And that pretty much sums up this whole last week and a half. It's been utter BS.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

monkey wrote:Since the thread is asking the question are we keeping up with the media? Here's my recap of the media to date.

Richard Sherman is a bad guy, write 1000 stories until everyone is sick to TEARS of Richard Sherman, then rinse and repeat some more, just because it's easier than finding a new story.

The Seahawks are bad people. They must be because Richard Sherman is bad, and he is a Seahawks player.

The Broncos have a great defense...no seriously, I swear they really do. (Also, these are not the Bronco's defensive statistics you're looking for!)

Peyton Manning needs this Superbowl win to cement his legacy, even though he's already had one superbowl win, and doesn't need another to cement his legacy, but he's REALLY GOOD and he can beat any team by himself, he's THAT GOOD, and he is a really really good guy. Did we mention how much we think he's awesome and funny and likable and how much we are REALLY pulling for him to win another Superbowl to cement his legacy, even though he doesn't need another Superbowl win to cement his legacy?

Richard Sherman is STILL a loudmouthed JERK and we just don't like him! Even though he's pretty funny...and affable, and interesting, and has a really neat background story, and...WE STILL DON'T LIKE HIM!!!

OMG we have collective butthurt because Marshawn Lynch won't talk to us!!!1!! He's clearly a petulant child who is spoiled, because if he weren't he'd give us great soundbites like...Richard Sherman who WE WISH WOULD SHUT UP! Really...we really do wish he would just shut up! No, we swear it's true!We don't like him at all, even though he's really articulate, and well mannered, and gives terrific interviews, and has those dreamy eyes, and...OMG we HATE Richard Sherman!
Oh and we DEMAND access to Marshawn Lynch, even though we realize that you cannot legally force someone to enjoy talking, we demand you force him to anyway!

Denver is clearly the good guys, Seattle is clearly the bad guys, and the Broncos will win because Peyton Manning is so awesome, he smells awesome, his upper lip is awesome, his quivering chin is awesome and oh GAWD he is teh awesome!!!!!11!!1!!!

So to recap my recap, Seahawks are bad, Broncos are good, Manning is awesome, Sherman we hate, Lynch won't play and we're going to cry about it!
And that pretty much sums up this whole last week and a half. It's been utter BS.

Ah,yeah.. covers it all ( well minus the REALLY important stuff like do you like Seattle girls or Jersey girls better?)....LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Yeah, someone from the Broncos got asked, "do you consider this to be a must win game?"
Wow...
You heard the woman (clearly with an agenda) asking Sherman about strippers? WTF?!?
And Sherman is the bad guy?
These people are nucking futs!!! Absolutely nucking futs!

All of these cockroaches scrambling to get the same soundbite that's been given a hundred times already, then WHINING when one guy won't talk to them, even though the bit Mike Rob did, was EASILY the most entertaining thing to come out of this entire 2 week period BY FAR. Still he won't talk, so we're going to whine, and continue to vilify the Seahawks.
These guys act like THEY are the story, and of course, they are always trying to MAKE themselves the story, so I guess in a way, they are the story.
All that collective media butthurt is the biggest story to come out of media day...amazing.
monkey
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 pm

monkey wrote:Yeah, someone from the Broncos got asked, "do you consider this to be a must win game?"
Wow...
You heard the woman (clearly with an agenda) asking Sherman about strippers? WTF?!?
And Sherman is the bad guy?
These people are nucking futs!!! Absolutely nucking futs!

All of these cockroaches scrambling to get the same soundbite that's been given a hundred times already, then WHINING when one guy won't talk to them, even though the bit Mike Rob did, was EASILY the most entertaining thing to come out of this entire 2 week period BY FAR. Still he won't talk, so we're going to whine, and continue to vilify the Seahawks.
These guys act like THEY are the story, and of course, they are always trying to MAKE themselves the story, so I guess in a way, they are the story.
All that collective media butthurt is the biggest story to come out of media day...amazing.

Hey man, not cool...... you are giving us cockroaches a bad name.... parasites? Sure. Leaches? Most definitely. Vermin? Absolutely. Roaches? HELL NO.... we are seriously misunderstood, I mean, name another breed that perseveres through all the crap we do, literally, LOL..... don't associate us with those buffoons. LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Well,this thread went a little awry.

I've enjoyed many of the feel good stories like Coleman and the little girls. Anyone see the video where he showed up at their house with a huge gift? http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... red-girls/

Anyone see the video of the Ford Bronco being crushed by the Seahawk crane? http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Seah ... 93761.html

Anyone read the Walter Jones interview?
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014 ... is_ne.html
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:48 pm

I've been pretty busy and haven't paid a lot of attention to the media frenzy. It's such a damn circus anyway. I did see Beast and MRob the other day.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Monkey...

FYI. The person who asked that Bronco player if it was a must win game (actually asked everyone he could) was doing it as a joke to break the ice. I'm not sure if you saw it in context and missed it or just read the reports where the other press there were too self serious to get it but yeah...
kalibane
Legacy

Postby monkey » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm

kalibane wrote:Monkey...

FYI. The person who asked that Bronco player if it was a must win game (actually asked everyone he could) was doing it as a joke to break the ice. I'm not sure if you saw it in context and missed it or just read the reports where the other press there were too self serious to get it but yeah...

Huh...I didn't hear the entire context so...OK then. Still an awkward joke...

Whatever, today in the media we learned that KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner have their Superbowl plates FULL,http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Bobby-Wagner-and-KJ-Wright-have-a-lot-on-their-Super-Bowl-plates/3d18efe8-1675-41e3-8f3a-63b3c7982031 because Manning is destined to win of course.

We also discovered that the media LOVES the word "upstart" when describing the Seahawks. Seriously, Seattle is an upstart while Denver is experienced. How did you not know that??? Of course pointing out that a similar team, the Buccaneers, who were also the "upstarts" and had a terrific defense won their Superbowl in part BECAUSE they had no experience, and so no pressure (don't believe me? Ask Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks), will get you nowhere! Implying that because of all the ridiculous legacy talk, and the fact that Seattle is the "villains" and the underdogs, all the pressure is on Denver, will get you just as nowhere.

It was insinuated today that Russell Wilson is too young to take seriously because he said something about changing the way we view the QB position, and OBVIOUSLY that's just silly! Thankfully Kurt Warner was right there to put the "upstart" in his place! Clearly only pocket passers can ever be relevant because Kurt Warner said so. At least someone meekly pointed out that Wilson does try to throw even when he's scrambling, but that got mostly talked over.

Also, we discovered that two former Buccaneers defensive stars, (Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp), think the Seahawks defense is good, but come on man....you have to do it for years like they did before you can talk about how good the Seahawks defense is.
CLEARLY it was a ridiculous question, as the derisive laughter from Sapp and Brooks proved! Seriously, these UPSTARTS, who do these Seahawks think they are???

Manning practiced in the cold today so...no problems! They got this! Cuz Manning!!!

Seattle was silly by tipping their hand and letting everyone know that they play the same defense (cover 3 single safety deep hybrid), because Manning will find the weakness and exploit it. Apparently great defenses don't just say, this is what we do, come beat us. Even though the Bears (played almost exclusively 4-6) Tampa Bay (cover 2) and well...every other great defense did that, Seattle shouldn't because... well, because MANNING!!

Most importantly, we learned again today that, the media is VERY important!!!
monkey
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum