Is Marshawn ..

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Is Marshawn ..

Postby Long Time Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:20 am

afraid of public speaking? Just watching Deion interview Beast on NFL network. Its the most I have heard from him over the years. ML is for real, a good guy who is true to himself. But he is not at all comfortable with a mic in his face. Fear of public speaking is a real deal. I feel for the guy if that's his concern. The job and his status put him in this position. I hope that the media gives the guy his space and that the NFL doesn't reach too deep in his pocket.
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Re: Is Marshawn ..

Postby Seahawker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Marshawn side interview with D. Sanders.

"I ain't never seen no talkin' win me nothin'."
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Ain't no thang, just who the guy is. Let Sherm handle the microphoes and cameras, that's who he is ... to each there own.

In the words of Rare Earth: "B what are ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdeF-n_0dyE&list=PL7C90943ECBBA8B02&index=15
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Long Time Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Seahawker wrote:
"I ain't never seen no talkin' win me nothin'."

Beast's keeping it real style is getting propers. I'm so happy for him, I hope he enjoyed the experience. Our guys are being themselves while under the spotlight. They are not blinking in the glare of the bigtime. This bodes well. This ain't the 2005 version. This is the winning edition.
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Postby Irish Greg 2.0 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 pm

He's not afraid of public speaking.

He just prefers to let his play on the field do the talking.

Mad respect.
Irish Greg 2.0
Legacy

Postby ShackMod » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Marshawn Interview:

Two parts. I had to take the video from my phone in low quality to get it to fit on the site. The HD quality was 289 MB... but it's the audio that counts.
I use XBMC to view video on my system. So, not sure what Codecs yalls got installed on yours. You can change the extension as the original was in *.3gp.
Attachments

Marshawn1.wmv [ 993.26 KiB | Viewed 3694 times ]

Marshwn2.wmv [ 916.53 KiB | Viewed 3694 times ]

ShackMod
Site Admin

Postby Seahawker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Sherman Smith
Dan Doornink
Curt Warner
Chris Warren
Ricky Watters
Shaun Alexander
And my all time #2 on my list, John L. Williams.

I've said it for some time now, Marshawn Lynch is my favorite Seahawk RB.

Never seen any back his size (average), with his ability run with such anger & desire.
It makes one wonder, with improved line play and passing game consistency, what ML could do?
How would you like to be one of those Bronco DB's?
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:21 pm

No fine coming, per Greg Aiello NFL. "Players are required to participate, Marshawn participated". I can just hear the complaints coming because he is a "thug" and didn't talk enough..... LOL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby EntiatHawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Pound for pound Beast Mode's word carried the most weight, he got me all fired up. He will be bringing every ounce of his being into this game. All I can now say "Hell Yeah".
EntiatHawk
Legacy

Postby EntiatHawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Pound for pound Beast Mode's word carried the most weight, he got me all fired up. He will be bringing every ounce of his being into this game. All I can now say "Hell Yeah".
EntiatHawk
Legacy

Postby EntiatHawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:26 pm

EntiatHawk
Legacy

Postby yoder » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Irish Greg 2.0 wrote:He's not afraid of public speaking.

He just prefers to let his play on the field do the talking.

Mad respect.

I think he is. Remember this interview in early Jan? He's shaking like a nervous leaf.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Marshawn-Lynch-First-Round-Bye-Press-Conference/3376dc2a-b20c-4985-b3c5-442753ccd50b

Lights, camera, action. Some thrive in the spotlight (Sherm), some don't. I used to think he was just giving an F.U. to the media. When the video above came out, it changed my mind. Maybe it's why he wears the tinted helmet shield as well?
yoder
Site Admin

Postby wait_a_sec » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Deep thinkers like to let their actions speak for them.
wait_a_sec
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

He is who he is. It's a poor message the NFL sends that young men can't deal with the press in the way that they prefer. Sanders is very gentle with him, but many reporters are looking to manufacture stories based on misunderstood quotes and innuendo. I don't blame him for being suspicious of the press.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Long Time Fan wrote:afraid of public speaking? Just watching Deion interview Beast on NFL network. Its the most I have heard from him over the years. ML is for real, a good guy who is true to himself. But he is not at all comfortable with a mic in his face. Fear of public speaking is a real deal. I feel for the guy if that's his concern. The job and his status put him in this position. I hope that the media gives the guy his space and that the NFL doesn't reach too deep in his pocket.

Not everyone is as cool as the underside of your pillow (a worn out cliché from a couple decades ago) with public speaking and the media like Russell Wilson or a hyper extrovert like Richard Sherman. Everyone's different. Lynch just prefers not to talk in public, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that, which is why I was upset at the NFL's fining him because he didn't feel like unzipping his fly in front of the media.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:No fine coming, per Greg Aiello NFL. "Players are required to participate, Marshawn participated". I can just hear the complaints coming because he is a "thug" and didn't talk enough..... LOL.

That is the irony is it not?
We have bungholes like Gregg Doyel of CBS Sports who said "Embarrassing, all of it. Lynch is the highest-paid player on the Seahawks, in the second year of a four-year, $31-million contract in which $17 million was guaranteed... And in return, the NFL asks its players to occasionally step outside their cocoon of football for short periods of time, answering questions from the media, supplying information that will be read by fans."
Then on the other hand we have tons of media bungholes who got all self righteously indignant when Sherman spoke his mind in an interview.

The media is NOT these players friends, THAT is why Lynch doesn't want to talk to them.
He's done several interviews in the past, and very good ones too, even did a comedy thing with Kenny Mayne once, but Lynch got sick and tired of having what he said put under a microscope, dissected and worse, INTENTIONALLY TWISTED and MISQUOTED by the media.

I don't blame him one little bit, the media is the players ENEMY NOT friend.
They want nothing more than to catch them saying something that THEY have decided the player isn't supposed to say, so that they can do what they did to Sherman.
The whole media day thing is the single biggest waste of time, CROCK in all of sports BY FAR!
It's pure BS, and we all know it.
Someone actually asked a Broncos player today if he "thought of this game as must win".
NOT KIDDING!!
monkey
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:11 pm

monkey wrote:
HumanCockroach wrote:No fine coming, per Greg Aiello NFL. "Players are required to participate, Marshawn participated". I can just hear the complaints coming because he is a "thug" and didn't talk enough..... LOL.

We have bungholes like Gregg Doyel of CBS Sports who said "Embarrassing, all of it. Lynch is the highest-paid player on the Seahawks, in the second year of a four-year, $31-million contract in which $17 million was guaranteed... And in return, the NFL asks its players to occasionally step outside their cocoon of football for short periods of time, answering questions from the media, supplying information that will be read by fans."
Then on the other hand we have tons of media bungholes who got all self righteously indignant when Sherman spoke his mind in an interview.

The media is NOT these players friends, THAT is why Lynch doesn't want to talk to them.
He's done several interviews in the past, and very good ones too, even did a comedy thing with Kenny Mayne once, but Lynch got sick and tired of having what he said put under a microscope, dissected and worse, INTENTIONALLY TWISTED and MISQUOTED by the media.

They want nothing more than to catch them saying something that THEY have decided the player isn't supposed to say, so that they can do what they did to Sherman.
The whole media day thing is the single biggest waste of time, CROCK in all of sports BY FAR!
Someone actually asked a Broncos player today if he "thought of this game as must win".
NOT KIDDING!!

Nice post, monkey! I agree with everything you said.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 pm

monkey wrote:

NOT KIDDING!!

Yup, which is why I posted it. John Clayton is currently having an aneurism over the fact that he/they got robbed, and feels he should get a bigger fine than discussed. What a douche. Media ( which is just french for "leach" I think) need to understand that if they weren't "searching" for a story ( with no issue twisting or misquoting an athlete whenever they see fit, just see the "retiring" DRC) but actually reporting ( that thing they used to do before soundbites became the "hard" work they do) more players would be willing to speak, and do so honestly, not just throw out cliche after cliche.

( sorry hadn't finished the post... LOL)
Last edited by HumanCockroach on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Human Cockroach - what is your forecast for the Superbowl?
savvyman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Seahawks 33 Broncos 24

MVP : Lynch
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 pm

savvyman wrote:Human Cockroach - what is your forecast for the Superbowl?

Guess I should have clarified... you mean prediction or weather forecast???? LOL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby EntiatHawk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Here is the Mike Silver article on Marshawn.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap2 ... -super-run
EntiatHawk
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Not ML related, but did you see Deion Sanders go up to Earl's interview table?
Deion said something like, you probably don't know me(Kidding) and Thomas said yeah I do, (Cowboys, ect.). Then ET went on to say you guys in your 'daisy dukes' shorts. Deion said, hey we didn't wear no daisy dukes man- come on! Earl then says, yeah ya did, I got video tape.

Too, too funny. If anyone hasn't seen it, it's a must watch.

Deion took it really well and was actually laughing about it. These young guys with their baggy shorts, back in the day nylon shorts, smaller, tighter, shorter... daisy dukes. LOL!!
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:46 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:

Guess I should have clarified... you mean prediction or weather forecast???? LOL.

LOL - Prediction.

I hope you are right.

Something tells me that this game will come down to the final series late in the 4th quarter with the #1 offense facing off against the #1 defense in a Super Bowl deciding drive.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 am

I want to know what was up with Rich Eisen saying he was "sorry" that Lynch said an "S" word at the beginning of his interview with Sanders and that it went out on the air. I saw the interview live and Marshawn NEVER said anything that was inappropriate. I watched a few rebroadcasts to confirm that he didn't say anything bad.

I used to like Rich Eisen but ever since he had a coronary over Richard Sherman's post game comments he has become a real Seahawk hater and pretty much a #*^%$.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:41 am

"To Thine Own Self Be True."

And that's exactly what Marshawn Lynch is.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 am

John Clayton wants the NFl to FIne Lynch $100,000 for his behavior on media day.

He sounds like a whiny baby on the 710 radio show.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2443557/Clayton-Lynch-should-be-fined-for-media-day-antics

I am no expert - but it seems apparent to me that speaking in front of the media is quite a traumatic experience for Marshawn.

Good interview by Deion Sanders with Marshawn yesterday - Nice work by Deion in getting someone who is very Un-comfortable about all of this media to open up a honestly. I like how Deion saw how Un-comfortable Marshawn was and offered to ket him go.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-01-28/marshawn-lynch-media-day-super-bowl-48-profanity-deion-sanders-interview-leave-early-video-seahawks
savvyman
Legacy

Postby Long Time Fan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 am

RiverDog wrote:
Long Time Fan wrote:afraid of public speaking? Just watching Deion interview Beast on NFL network. Its the most I have heard from him over the years. ML is for real, a good guy who is true to himself. But he is not at all comfortable with a mic in his face. Fear of public speaking is a real deal. I feel for the guy if that's his concern. The job and his status put him in this position. I hope that the media gives the guy his space and that the NFL doesn't reach too deep in his pocket.

Not everyone is as cool as the underside of your pillow (a worn out cliché from a couple decades ago) with public speaking and the media like Russell Wilson or a hyper extrovert like Richard Sherman. Everyone's different. Lynch just prefers not to talk in public, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that, which is why I was upset at the NFL's fining him because he didn't feel like unzipping his fly in front of the media.

I have no interest in ML unzipping mini beast, but I do agree with you that the NFL needs to rethink this compulsory interview process. I don't know if Marshawn has an anxiety disorder, fears public speaking, or is weary of the media and their propensity to alter his image. I'm fine with him letting his play speak for itself. Obviously the CBA negotiated with the player's union stipulates the requirement and consequence, but there has got to be some room for a guy like Marshawn to be left alone.

I'm watching NFL netwwork now and MikeRob is blocking for ML in his morning interview. Its plain to see Beast has no desire to speak to the media. He is only there to avoid being fined. His few words are very telling, if the fans and his teammates have no problem with his quiet then back the F away.

I love how these Seahawks have each other's back. Rally around Marshawn and build on that us against the world mentality. Why not us!
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 am

savvyman wrote:
HumanCockroach wrote:

LOL - Prediction.

I hope you are right.

Something tells me that this game will come down to the final series late in the 4th quarter with the #1 offense facing off against the #1 defense in a Super Bowl deciding drive.

It's funny everyone thinking this will be close, when by far the vast majority of times when there is a strength on strength matchup, rather than it sort of cancelling each other out, one side or the other usually breaks.
90%+ of these types of games end with an easy victory. I expect this will be no different.
monkey
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:52 am

I hope you are right, Monkey but I have this nagging feeling the Broncos will win by 7 - 10 points.

The argument for them:
Their Offense won't be completely shut down - they will get their points.
The Seahawk Offense hasn't shown much in the last part of the season. The Red Zone Offense hasn't really been very good as of late.
The Denver Defense has been playing very well at the same time the Seahawk Offense has regressed.
Their DL has been pretty good and our OL has been suspect all year.

The difference maker could be turnovers. We have to make them and Denver has to give them up. We can't afford to turn the ball over ourselves.
It's going to be interesting however it turns out.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 am

NorthHawk wrote:I hope you are right, Monkey but I have this nagging feeling the Broncos will win by 7 - 10 points.

The argument for them:
Their Offense won't be completely shut down - they will get their points.
The Seahawk Offense hasn't shown much in the last part of the season. The Red Zone Offense hasn't really been very good as of late.
The Denver Defense has been playing very well at the same time the Seahawk Offense has regressed.
Their DL has been pretty good and our OL has been suspect all year.

The difference maker could be turnovers. We have to make them and Denver has to give them up. We can't afford to turn the ball over ourselves.
It's going to be interesting however it turns out.

Their offense won't be completely shut down until late, when Manning, trying to come from behind throws his 4th pick.
When Russell Wilson steps up to accept the Superbowl MVP award, no one will remember that the media tried so hard to act as if Wilson wasn't very good. They'll forget how hard the media tried to sell us the idea that Kaepernick was a better QB, and SOME of them will FINALLY acknowledge that Wilson really is the best QB of his draft class, no matter how much the media wants that not to be the case.
The Denver defense is terrible against the pass, and only average against the run, they'll get exposed trying to stop Lynch, (unsuccessfully), by Wilson throwing to wide open appetizers...excuse me, receivers, all game long. Harvin will make it impossible for Denver to truly stop the run, even though they will completely sell out to try, by stretching the field sideline to sideline.

The Denver defense is VASTLY overrated by the media who, the moment the Seahawks game ended IMMEDIATELY started spinning the Broncos defense into something they really are not.
The first words out of former Niner/Lion coach (brain not thinking of his name right now) as soon as the Seahawks Niners game ended, was about how great the Broncos defense is. The spin started before we'd even had a chance to digest how great the championship game really was. The media WANTS Manning to be the good guy, the Seahawks to be the bad guy, and WANTS America rooting against the Seahawks.
Believe NOTHING that is said about the Broncos defense...it stinks and has all year long. Our offense has a HUGE advantage no matter what those fools say.

Doesn't mean we will win, the best team doesn't always win, but we ARE IN FACT a better team, and MUCH more balanced.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 am

I feel for Marshawn. Watching him trying to talk with media is so painful. The guy is honest, he's only there to avoid being fined. Fun to see his fullback have his back.
Last edited by Hawkstar on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:30 am

At first I thought he was messing around and ducking interviews, then I realized it was painful for him.
He does have physical problems with interviews. I would never do that to someone on purpose. I think the NFL saw it the same way and backed off since he tried.

As for Clayton wanting him to get fined 100k for this. All I have to say is that many many Seahawk fans will not be listening to Clayton any time soon. He has become part of the problem and the reason why no one trusts the media. Its not about Clayton its about Lynch and his fans who don't have a problem with his silence.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:At first I thought he was messing around and ducking interviews, then I realized it was painful for him.
He does have physical problems with interviews. I would never do that to someone on purpose. I think the NFL saw it the same way and backed off since he tried.

As for Clayton wanting him to get fined 100k for this. All I have to say is that many many Seahawk fans will not be listening to Clayton any time soon. He has become part of the problem and the reason why no one trusts the media. Its not about Clayton its about Lynch and his fans who don't have a problem with his silence.

ESPN is reporting that Marshawn said at today's press conference that "It was a member of the Seattle Media who reported him to the NFL office."

Whoever it was will be feeling quite a strong backlash from both the team and the 12th man.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 pm

.If I had to guess a name, it would be John Clayton, the former president of some media mob.....LOL, what a b
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Today's Marshawn Lynch Press Conference - You can cut the dis-comfort and tension with a knife:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000319691/article/marshawn-lynch-im-just-here-so-i-wont-get-fined-boss

Marshawn has just taken the spotlight away from Sherman this SuperBowl week - and Ironically - he did this by not talking.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby THX-1138 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 pm

"It's all 'bout that action, Boss."

Marshawn Lynch is my new hero. My dad, a lifelong railroad man, peppered his conversation with the word, "Boss". As his son, I sort of co-opted it as my own. To hear him speak, his manner of talking, has a familiar ring to it. Maybe the accent is different, but the cadence is the same.

And I LOVE the fact that Michael Robinson is so obviously protective of his team mate and friend. You can see that while Marshawn thinks it's funny to watch his fullback play the fool and get the attention off of him, he deeply appreciates it all the same.

I sometimes think that this team actually likes each other. Maybe enough to want to do what it takes to stay together. And more than enough to be unstoppable on Sunday. I said it about RW during his tremendous rookie pre-season: He possessed the "intangible". The "it" quality that makes talent and ability transform into something more. I get the feeling that the whole team has this quality. Manning might have staggering numbers but his team, the Broncos, aren't made of the same cohesive "stuff" that the Seahawks are.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a hippy getting caught up in it all. But I really do believe we are going to win. I am so in.

GO HAWKS!
THX-1138
Legacy

Postby EntiatHawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:48 pm

I think all of this will be to the hawks favor. They will want to have their mate back. M Rob is such a stud for going in there and trying to defray the situation. A true sign of a friend and teammate.

I sense a very quite confidence in this team that lies behind the words, they want to prove to the whole world they are the best and taking down Payton will seal the deal.

Damn Sunday cannot come quick enough, I think the Broncos will feel the pain that is going to be unleashed on them by both sides of the football.
EntiatHawk
Legacy

Postby Long Time Fan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 am

Marshawn seemed much more comfortable in his last required presser today. I think this whole experience helped his personal growth. Most growth occurs outside a person's comfort zone. Forced out of his, Marshawn displayed a very cool, true side of himself. Now let's let the guy be. I expect Beast to bring it on Sunday.
Long Time Fan
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum