Vikings game thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Vikings game thread

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Good Vikings go Philadelphia.

Is anyone out there ? I Am rooting for the Minnesota Vikings and want to see Philly play too....

See ya at halftime.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Re: Vikings game thread

Postby RiverDog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:26 pm

You're about 24 hours early for a game thread, but I'll comment if I'm available during the game. A lot of times I'll exercise in my garage while watching the game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 pm

See ya at halftime River hope you have time to post sooner or later than. I exercise too, every day.

Should be a good game. Hope the Vikings win it and win it all in the Super Bowl.

Go Seahawks and go Vikings
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:30 am

I really don't care about this game, I just want the Brady's to get beat.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:19 am

I think the vikes are America’s team this weekend . Nobody has sniffed this close to hosting and it would be the feel good story this league needs after a brutal year PR and bad ratings wise. I have quite a few vikes fan friends and they were my childhood favorite so I’m pulling for them. Not stressing like my hawks . Rooting for Vikes, Jax and eagles to win their first Super Bowl in order of preference
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Nice to have a kicker
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:19 pm

I was going to say that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Yay TD Vikings good start
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Well we got a game. !@#$%^&**
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Uh oh
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:28 pm

It looked like the Vikings were going to walk all over them, but that pick 6 sure changed the momentum.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:11 pm

We are headed for the Nightmare scenario River. Brady vs Foles?? Pats 28-0 at the half!! One team just happy to be there, and Tommy Gun expecting to win.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:33 pm

obiken wrote:We are headed for the Nightmare scenario River. Brady vs Foles?? Pats 28-0 at the half!! One team just happy to be there, and Tommy Gun expecting to win.

Yea, Vikings are sunk. I would imagine that New England will start out a 14 point favorite.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:01 pm

Well eagles will win I can't help it.

Sassy grassy belly possum goats rooting
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:16 pm

This was my most feared outcome this weekend. I’m still disgusted that Brady came back, though I knew he probably would. Can he just retire #*{£~]€? The NFL really sucks until that guy is out of the league because it is not fair. Having three back up quarterbacks against him today to beat him was our outlook after the miracle last weekend . The only hope was the jags could pull it off. Then the next best bet was Vikings getting home-field advantage.

Well now the Vikings look like the team that they should have looked all year - average with a career backup qb that can’t win on the road. Pats are going to smoke them and I’ll do my best avoid watching
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:This was my most feared outcome this weekend. I’m still disgusted that Brady came back, though I knew he probably would. Can he just retire #*{£~]€? The NFL really sucks until that guy is out of the league because it is not fair. Having three back up quarterbacks against him today to beat him was our outlook after the miracle last weekend . The only hope was the jags could pull it off. Then the next best bet was Vikings getting home-field advantage.

Well now the Vikings look like the team that they should have looked all year - average with a career backup qb that can’t win on the road. Pats are going to smoke them and I’ll do my best avoid watching

It sure has gotten boring the past couple of seasons, that's for sure. And you're right, I think that Case Keenum just made a tough decision a little easier.

But I wouldn't be so sure that the Pats are going to ring up the Eagles. Philly has hung 38 on one of the best defenses in the league, and their D ain't too shabby. It will be worth tuning into.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm

What a shock!

Pats Penalties 1 for 10 yds

Jags 98 yds
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

I Think It's a bummer but go Philly
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby trents » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Case Keenum was exposed. Vikes need to get a better QB for next year. They can't live off their defense game after game. If they're hung out there too long because their offense can't move the ball then the same thing will happen to them that has happened to the Hawks.
trents
Legacy

Postby politicalfootball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Oh no they will go with Kase Kenum next year mark my words.
politicalfootball
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 am

Keenum played like the chariot had turned to a pumpkin. That performance had a lot to do with losing but the eagles made him perform that way. Impressive. The story of the game was Foles being out of his mind. The best big game he ever played. Should he be able to bottle that for one more game it might get interesting . Pats will probably have zero penalties and eagles 20 though.

Pats start blowing them out I’ll turn it off. People will watch to root against the pats .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 am

trents wrote:Case Keenum was exposed. Vikes need to get a better QB for next year. They can't live off their defense game after game. If they're hung out there too long because their offense can't move the ball then the same thing will happen to them that has happened to the Hawks.

The Vikings do have a better QB for next season: Terry Bridgewater, although admittedly he's not proven himself as a franchise type QB yet. And as I eluded to earlier, Keenum made what was beginning to look like a very tough decision easier. Keenum is a FA next season, and if he were to have gone onto the SB and won the SB MVP, it would have posed a very difficult dilemma. Now it's a no brainer: Keenum walks.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 am

I'm not sure its a "no brainer' Bridgewater Is better than Keenum.Hes got one playoff game in which he was held without a TD at home and is now in possession of a leg that was so gruesmely injured he missed 2 seasons. At that his stats were game management at best.
I know what was an no brainer. Take the FG instead of going on 4th down and 5 with a shaky offense that had finally earned a second scoring opportunity. Probably wouldnt have mattered but when Thielen couldn't squeeze it Id have went out and mowed the lawn if it was growing.
Kase played bad but his turnovers were directly forced by the excellent defense with strip sacks and hitting him on the release for the pick 6. The line was awful and the run couldn't really get going.
His offensive teammates did an F- job on the post int tackling drill as well.

The biggest story is the resurgence of Foles. Im sure its likely Foles Gold as soon as Matt Patricia gets his mitts on the film but honestly Foles made some amazing throws under pressure. The Vikes D wasn't getting beat by anything but Foles arm for the early part of the game. later they just quit. A beautifully called and executed game plan. There are some up and coming coaches in this league, no more so than 2017.

Does Foles get another chance now? A lot depends on the next 2 weeks.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 am

Hawktawk wrote:I'm not sure its a "no brainer' Bridgewater Is better than Keenum.Hes got one playoff game in which he was held without a TD at home and is now in possession of a leg that was so gruesmely injured he missed 2 seasons. At that his stats were game management at best.
I know what was an no brainer. Take the FG instead of going on 4th down and 5 with a shaky offense that had finally earned a second scoring opportunity. Probably wouldnt have mattered but when Thielen couldn't squeeze it Id have went out and mowed the lawn if it was growing.
Kase played bad but his turnovers were directly forced by the excellent defense with strip sacks and hitting him on the release for the pick 6. The line was awful and the run couldn't really get going.
His offensive teammates did an F- job on the post int tackling drill as well.

The biggest story is the resurgence of Foles. Im sure its likely Foles Gold as soon as Matt Patricia gets his mitts on the film but honestly Foles made some amazing throws under pressure. The Vikes D wasn't getting beat by anything but Foles arm for the early part of the game. later they just quit. A beautifully called and executed game plan. There are some up and coming coaches in this league, no more so than 2017.

Does Foles get another chance now? A lot depends on the next 2 weeks.

That's true, but the Vikings were looking for an excuse not to bring Keenum back. Their OC, Keenum's biggest supporter, is sure to be leaving to become the HC somewhere else, probably the Giants, so there's no question that the Vikings will let him walk.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum