Could Zorn Be Coming Back?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Could Zorn Be Coming Back?

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:27 pm

RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Could Zorn Be Coming Back?

Postby obiken » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:41 pm

I would have no problem with Zorn being the HC. He bleeds Blue.
obiken
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

I wonder who's going to be the LB coach as well, since Barrow was let go.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 am

Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am

There are a number of internal coaching changes that might be under the radar.
Senior Defensive Assistant Travis Jones is gone (he was the DL coach when Quinn was DC).
QB Coach Carl Smith is being reassigned as mentioned above replaced by Dave Canales.
LB Coach Mike Barrow was let go.

In former Seahawk coach news, Kris Richard is the new Cowboys Defensive Passing Game Coordinator.
Darrell Bevell is interviewing for the Cardinals OC.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Assistant DL coach Dwaine Board was let go as well.
I'm kind of surprised at all of the coaching changes on the Defensive side considering all the talent that went down to injury last year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:47 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Assistant DL coach Dwaine Board was let go as well.
I'm kind of surprised at all of the coaching changes on the Defensive side considering all the talent that went down to injury last year.

Pete must be seeing trends he doesn't like. We slipped out of the top 10 this season and our points per game defene tied for 13th. We were just 4-4 at home this season. Apparently Pete thinks that there's more to those slides than just a couple of injuries. We've had other seasons when we lost key players, guys like Chancellor and Wagner, but never had a drop off as severe as what we've seen this year.

It's either that or he's been unhappy with one or more for some time and decided to get rid of all of them in one clean sweep. Whatever the reason, it's a wake-up call to those remaining on the staff and to the players themselves.

Personally, I'm glad he's making all these changes. It indicates that he's not rationalizing our problems and recognizes that the team has drifted over the past several years. It means that he's being proactive rather than simply waiting around hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:49 pm

NorthHawk wrote:There are a number of internal coaching changes that might be under the radar.
Senior Defensive Assistant Travis Jones is gone (he was the DL coach when Quinn was DC).
QB Coach Carl Smith is being reassigned as mentioned above replaced by Dave Canales.
LB Coach Mike Barrow was let go.

In former Seahawk coach news, Kris Richard is the new Cowboys Defensive Passing Game Coordinator.
Darrell Bevell is interviewing for the Cardinals OC.

We could only be so lucky, right?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 pm

RiverDog wrote:
Pete must be seeing trends he doesn't like. We slipped out of the top 10 this season and our points per game defene tied for 13th. We were just 4-4 at home this season. Apparently Pete thinks that there's more to those slides than just a couple of injuries. We've had other seasons when we lost key players, guys like Chancellor and Wagner, but never had a drop off as severe as what we've seen this year.

It's either that or he's been unhappy with one or more for some time and decided to get rid of all of them in one clean sweep. Whatever the reason, it's a wake-up call to those remaining on the staff and to the players themselves.

Personally, I'm glad he's making all these changes. It indicates that he's not rationalizing our problems and recognizes that the team has drifted over the past several years. It means that he's being proactive rather than simply waiting around hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

I said it in another thread and think it bears repeating here. I think he's ticked off at the low turnover rate. I don't think it is any more complicated than that. If RW had that many more opportunities with a short field, how much more successful would this team or last year's team been?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Seattle fired Assistant Special Teams Coach Heath Farwell who signed on with the Panthers today as well.
Lots of changes in the coaching area for us. I only expected a couple of coordinators to be let go, but this is a pretty big turn over of staff.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:51 pm

I'd love to see the Hawks put Zorn in a Scouting/Exec advisory gig. As for his ability to coach the QB position, I'd rather see a younger hungry guy like Dave Canales who is more current & versed in todays game. The game isn't what it was when our hero Zorn played. I'm not saying he can't coach, but at this point in his life, he may be more focused on retirement than pulling the hours a coach has to put into the game at this level.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum