Super Bowl Thread

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Super Bowl Thread

Postby Oly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:26 am

HumanCockroach wrote:I don't know, think the Pats got one to two more years of relevance. That window gonna stay open until Brady can't do what he did this game, so 2yrs maybe 3...

It's hard to bet against Brady and Belichick...but they are losing their DC and OC (at least it seems that McDaniels is likely to go to Indy) and they seriously pissed off a key guy in the secondary and locker room (Malcolm Butler). And although I don't think that Gronk will actually retire, he has had 3 back surgeries, hasn't played a complete season since 2011, and is noncommittal on playing next year. If he does end up retiring, that's enough for me to think that the run is over. But even without Gronk retiring, I think that they take a step backwards next season.
Oly
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady finally hang it up either. Pretty good run for him 9 Super Bowls and 5 Wins. Pretty successful record.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:23 am

He said he's playing next year just before the SB, but who knows if it was just talk so as to not create a distraction.
ESPN had a report suggesting both Brady and Belichick would retire after this game. Maybe it was contingent on a win.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:58 am

I wondered alot what a Seahawks team would have done in this game with Bevell calling the plays. I don't think it would be pretty. Congrats to Philly and their play-calling on offence. I did also wonder where their D was for most of the game.
Uppercut
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum