Year of the Horse

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Year of the Horse

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:01 pm

There was an article in the Seattle Times Sports section this morning under the heading "the view from Denver". The gist of the article is that the Broncos will win the Super Bowl against our Seahawks because this year happens to be the "Year of the Horse" according to the Chinese astrological cycle. He goes on and on tying one so called fact together to "prove" that he is right. "Facts" such as Champ Bailey being born in the Year of the Horse (the cycle repeats every 12 years) BUT he leaves out one very important REAL FACT!

The very first Super Bowl the Denver Broncos played in was ALSO the "Year of the Horse" and they were walloped by the Dallas Cowboys that year. I found it very convenient that this sports writer felt the need to leave out this very real fact.

So, I will stick to being certain that our Seattle Seahawks will defeat the Denver Broncos no matter what the Chinese say LOL.

NEW YORK — I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse here, but... Denver's horses, your Broncos, will win the Super Bowl.

This is because Sunday's Super game will be played during the Year of the Horse, of course. Yes, the Chinese zodiac year of the divine equine begins Friday.

"So, if your team is the Broncos and it's the Year of the Horse, that is good news for you — I think it's a good omen," explained Denverite Greg Sobetski, who lived in China for a year after studying international relations as an undergraduate and international economics as a graduate student at DU.

"I think it's the best possible year for the Super Bowl to be played. I think that you have the Year of the Horse, tying in the Broncos and their 'Time To Ride' theme. I think we're going to ride into New Jersey and kick some Seahawk butt."

The Chinese calendar cycles 12 different animals, one each year, so the horse only pops up every dozen years, making this a serendipitous twist on the Broncos' season.

And not only that, but Broncos coach John Fox was born in a Year of the Horse, the one that began on Feb. 3, 1955, with Mrs. Fox giving us the hoarse head horse five days later.

Oh, and offensive coordinator Adam Gase, who is the closest thing Peyton Manning has to a horse whisperer, was also born in the year of the horse (March 29, 1978).

Not convinced yet? Guess who else was born in 1978? Champ Bailey.

Read more: Hochman: For Broncos in Super Bowl, it's year of the horse of course - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_25 ... z2rkBGleqD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Re: Year of the Horse

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 pm

The Year of the Horse? Is that the year that Bosworth said that Elway looked like Mr. Ed?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:There was an article in the Seattle Times Sports section this morning under the heading "the view from Denver". The gist of the article is that the Broncos will win the Super Bowl against our Seahawks because this year happens to be the "Year of the Horse" according to the Chinese astrological cycle. He goes on and on tying one so called fact together to "prove" that he is right. "Facts" such as Champ Bailey being born in the Year of the Horse (the cycle repeats every 12 years) BUT he leaves out one very important REAL FACT!

The very first Super Bowl the Denver Broncos played in was ALSO the "Year of the Horse" and they were walloped by the Dallas Cowboys that year. I found it very convenient that this sports writer felt the need to leave out this very real fact.

So, I will stick to being certain that our Seattle Seahawks will defeat the Denver Broncos no matter what the Chinese say LOL.

NEW YORK — I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse here, but... Denver's horses, your Broncos, will win the Super Bowl.

This is because Sunday's Super game will be played during the Year of the Horse, of course. Yes, the Chinese zodiac year of the divine equine begins Friday.

"So, if your team is the Broncos and it's the Year of the Horse, that is good news for you — I think it's a good omen," explained Denverite Greg Sobetski, who lived in China for a year after studying international relations as an undergraduate and international economics as a graduate student at DU.

"I think it's the best possible year for the Super Bowl to be played. I think that you have the Year of the Horse, tying in the Broncos and their 'Time To Ride' theme. I think we're going to ride into New Jersey and kick some Seahawk butt."

The Chinese calendar cycles 12 different animals, one each year, so the horse only pops up every dozen years, making this a serendipitous twist on the Broncos' season.

And not only that, but Broncos coach John Fox was born in a Year of the Horse, the one that began on Feb. 3, 1955, with Mrs. Fox giving us the hoarse head horse five days later.

Oh, and offensive coordinator Adam Gase, who is the closest thing Peyton Manning has to a horse whisperer, was also born in the year of the horse (March 29, 1978).

Not convinced yet? Guess who else was born in 1978? Champ Bailey.

Read more: Hochman: For Broncos in Super Bowl, it's year of the horse of course - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_25 ... z2rkBGleqD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

I can't believe this was even posted on the Hawk Shack! Horse Chit!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:59 pm

DL? What are YOU complaining about??? I think it is very appropriate to point out that the when the Denver Broncos played in their very first Super Bowl that it was also the Chinese Year of the Horse and that it did them NO GOOD AT ALL!!!! The Broncos LOST that year to the Dallas Cowboys. How could that fact be 'anti-Seahawk" in any way shape or form???? I was also pointing out how the writer conveniently left out the fact that the Broncos lost their very first Super Bowl appearance and that it was back then also the Year of the Horse.

RD; You are older than me so I am dumbfounded that didn't remember that the Broncos very first Super Bowl was against the Cowboys and that Denver lost. That fact had nothing to do with Bosworth who was probably in Jr. high school at the time.

All I was trying to do is point out that this being the Chinese Year of the Horse means NOTHING! AND, if I was a Denver fan I would cringe at the thought that history was going to repeat its self and that the Broncos were going to lose in the "big game" just like they did their first time around. I certainly wouldn't want to be reminded of it. That's why I pointed out how BOGUS it was for the writer of the story to LEAVE OUT the fact that the Broncos lost the Super Bowl when they played during this particular Chinese year. This story was in our Seattle Times newspaper reprinted from the Denver Post. I knew that this happened many, many years ago and there was probably a whole lot of Seahawk fans that might be a bit apprehensive when they read the article so I felt the need to point out how and why it didn't mean a thing and wouldn't help the Broncos out in any way.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:20 am

Correction: It's the year of the Hoarse.

Because Seahawks fans are gonna lose their voice (along with our minds) after we win this thing.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:32 am

Saw my double thread and modified it to a thread about something else. Since no one responded no harm no foul. I don't know why that keeps happening to me. Swear to god I did not see this thread until just now.

That the Broncos win the Superbowl, because the horses like John Fox win during the year of the horse?

That's what this article suggests.
http://www.denverpost.com/pressbox/ci_2 ... -good-odds

However, I looked up exactly what happens to Horses during a Horse Year. (I.e. Broncos Coach John Fox). This is from a Chinese horoscope site:

That is a sign of jinx in Chinese horoscope when a Horse meets another Horse from the yearly cycle. That tells us that the year of Horse won't be a good year for Horse people. The scene is that if a Horse is passing by a town with a local Horse tyrant in charge. If Horse people can keep quiet, then they will be safe and pass the town. If Horse people want to mess with or challenge the tyrant, then trouble will come to them during their journey.

That means Horse people will travel under somebody's territory. Horse people needs to play in low-profile during 2014. Their people friendship, love relationship, money management or job competition might encounter a certain limitation during the Horse year.

And for the Rabbit in 2014 we have the following:

There are Happiness Star, Romantic Star, Sun Star and Blessing Star appearing in year of Wooden Horse. Rabbit people will do well in their career development. They will have good people relationship with their friends and good love relationship with their families. A surprising, joyful and happy event will happen in 2014.

Pete Carroll is a Rabbit!!! Nuff Said.

As to PC, here's the link if you don't believe me! 2nd paragraph. I did not make this up.
http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2 ... Rabbit.htm

Now watch ESPN CNN and Seattle TImes steal my research without giving me credit!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:DL? What are YOU complaining about??? I think it is very appropriate to point out that the when the Denver Broncos played in their very first Super Bowl that it was also the Chinese Year of the Horse and that it did them NO GOOD AT ALL!!!! The Broncos LOST that year to the Dallas Cowboys. How could that fact be 'anti-Seahawk" in any way shape or form???? I was also pointing out how the writer conveniently left out the fact that the Broncos lost their very first Super Bowl appearance and that it was back then also the Year of the Horse.

RD; You are older than me so I am dumbfounded that didn't remember that the Broncos very first Super Bowl was against the Cowboys and that Denver lost. That fact had nothing to do with Bosworth who was probably in Jr. high school at the time.

All I was trying to do is point out that this being the Chinese Year of the Horse means NOTHING! AND, if I was a Denver fan I would cringe at the thought that history was going to repeat its self and that the Broncos were going to lose in the "big game" just like they did their first time around. I certainly wouldn't want to be reminded of it. That's why I pointed out how BOGUS it was for the writer of the story to LEAVE OUT the fact that the Broncos lost the Super Bowl when they played during this particular Chinese year. This story was in our Seattle Times newspaper reprinted from the Denver Post. I knew that this happened many, many years ago and there was probably a whole lot of Seahawk fans that might be a bit apprehensive when they read the article so I felt the need to point out how and why it didn't mean a thing and wouldn't help the Broncos out in any way.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Tongue and cheek bro! Sorry, in my little head it made sense, I can see how it didn't to others though. My bad.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 am

Distant Relative wrote:
Seahawks4Ever wrote:DL? What are YOU complaining about??? I think it is very appropriate to point out that the when the Denver Broncos played in their very first Super Bowl that it was also the Chinese Year of the Horse and that it did them NO GOOD AT ALL!!!! The Broncos LOST that year to the Dallas Cowboys. How could that fact be 'anti-Seahawk" in any way shape or form???? I was also pointing out how the writer conveniently left out the fact that the Broncos lost their very first Super Bowl appearance and that it was back then also the Year of the Horse.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Tongue and cheek bro! Sorry, in my little head it made sense, I can see how it didn't to others though. My bad.

Really? ;) I guess not everyone can be Long Dong Donkey Kong eh? At least we are all men thank god! :mrgreen:
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum