Earl Thomas (Poll)

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

What do YOU do with Earl Thomas?

Extend Him
50%
Trade Him for draft Picks
30%
Keep him and let him play out his contract
20%

Total votes : 20

Re: Earl Thomas (Poll)

Postby burrrton » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:10 am

RiverDog wrote:I take those stories with a grain of salt. He's not quoting any sources, just expressing an opinion that in all likelihood is influenced by the tendoncy of sports writers to author eye popping articles in order to attract more readers.

Oh, I know- I also didn't really characterize the tone correctly. He's not necessarily supporting a trade, just predicting it (or at least 'shopping' for a trade).
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Per Earl's cousin...(My wife teaches her at Lone Star College) He told her he wishes to finish his career in Texas.

You can believe me or not, doesn't matter. I will say however that this student did take an Earl jersey to him when they were in town in Dec. and got it signed at her house and my wife presented it to me for Christmas !!!!
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 am

Look what just popped up on my MSN news feed:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/te ... spartanntp

Without a 2nd or a 3rd, we unquestionably need draft picks, and next to Russell and perhaps Bobby Wagner, Earl is the highest value player on our roster, and with his holdout rumblings, JS has to be listening to offers.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

I specifically asked my wife to question her (the cousin of ET) at school yesterday about this, and make no mistake,....

He told her, he wants to finish in Texas. Take it to the bank (just like Earl).
Largent80
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 am

I still think Atlanta would be the perfect fit for him. He would line up alongside Neal who would be the equivalent of Kam and make them the best Secondary in the league.
If we could get their 1st round pick, it might help ease the pain.

From a talent perspective it would be a bit of a body blow, but a malcontent doesn't help much either and if he's gone after this contract then we might as well get something for him.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum