How many Broncos Seahawk fans at the game?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

How many Broncos Seahawk fans at the game?

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 am

Will this be a Steeler like home town game in Detroit?
Or will there be the same amount of fans for each team at the game?

I can't tell this time.
Maybe neutral?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: How many Broncos Seahawk fans at the game?

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 am

A lot of people have jumped on the Seahawk bandwagon and Denver isn't real close to NJ, so it won't be like the SB40 when the Steeler fans only had a few hour drive to get there.
For that reason I think the fan base in the stands might be pretty even.
Then again, the 12s have been pretty good following the team across the country this year so maybe we will have a vocal following in the stands.

As I am one of those that think the home teams get the breaks from the Refs, I expect the officiating to be pretty close to even. They will blow a few calls as they do every game, but I'm hoping it all evens out at the end.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 am

Hate to say it, but this will essentially be an away game.
Yeah some people have jumped on the bandwagon, but the people who can afford to go watch the Superbowl in New York are largely not those kinds of people.
The Broncos have a MUCH MUCH larger fan base nationally...it's not even close. There are Broncos fans all over, there just aren't Seahawks fans everywhere...there just aren't.

Here in Fargo North Dakota, I can go to any sports bar on any Sunday and find multiple people wearing Broncos jerseys, (one of my 4 younger brothers included, it's his favorite team). I can go to any Sports bar in this area, and I can usually find exactly one Seahawks fan...me.
Lately at my favorite watering hole there have been a few more popping up (a couple bandwagon fans, and one transplant from Seattle) but it's just not even close.
Point is, it's the same way nearly everywhere, Broncos fans will always vastly outnumber Seahawks fans.

Expect almost the same atmosphere as in Detroit. Not quite as bad, but for all intents and purposes, this will be a road game.
monkey
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:18 am

monkey wrote:Hate to say it, but this will essentially be an away game.
Yeah some people have jumped on the bandwagon, but the people who can afford to go watch the Superbowl in New York are largely not those kinds of people.
The Broncos have a MUCH MUCH larger fan base nationally...it's not even close. There are Broncos fans all over, there just aren't Seahawks fans everywhere...there just aren't.

Here in Fargo North Dakota, I can go to any sports bar on any Sunday and find multiple people wearing Broncos jerseys, (one of my 4 younger brothers included, it's his favorite team). I can go to any Sports bar in this area, and I can usually find exactly one Seahawks fan...me.
Lately at my favorite watering hole there have been a few more popping up (a couple bandwagon fans, and one transplant from Seattle) but it's just not even close.
Point is, it's the same way nearly everywhere, Broncos fans will always vastly outnumber Seahawks fans.
Expect almost the same atmosphere as in Detroit. Not quite as bad, but for all intents and purposes, this will be a road game.

Damn Monkey, hard to read. But you are probably correct! Broncos have been around since 1960 and we have been around since 1976. Older teams especially like the Broncos, means older fan base and more people. Your points make sense as unhappy as I am to read them.

One of my best friends lives in Fargo and I rooted for Green Bay after they kicked our ass and as they won the Superbowl that year. He has informed me that he is returning the favor and rooting for the Seahawks after what the Niners did to his team.
Probably less noise than the Giants made rooting for their team last month though. Seahawks will feel right at home. IMO
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:Will this be a Steeler like home town game in Detroit?

I can't tell this time.
Maybe neutral?

It's a pretty far drive, fly what ever from both cities, I think back in '05 it was close enough what 6 hour drive from spitburgh to superbowl and lot of steeler fans jumped on it and there is big fan base there for steeler

Looks like so far 18% of ticket sales for SB have come from Washington state and 12% from horseface country heard same thing on radio today and found this....on denver post site
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2 ... super-bowl

Met life can handle 82K of visitors, I just don't know what the number of tickets the 18% is based of, is it from total of 82k or is it 18% of 61k that is left after the NFL takes their 25.5% and does this 18% include the tickets that was sold though Seahawks to season ticket holders according to this site it is 17.5% of total tickets according to this site http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/ ... ckets1.htm. So if the 18% includes the 17.5% for season ticket holders (what I find hard to believe) you can have up to 14760 12's there. Now if this not include the the 17.5% to ticket holders, (and those are all sold, a friend of mine is season ticket holder and was in the drawing and he did not get one), then you are potentially looking at close to 30k of 12's at the game, looks like Christmas to me. Anyway just wish full thinking I guess, for all I know there will only be 53 of them
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 am

depaashaas wrote:
Eaglehawk wrote:Will this be a Steeler like home town game in Detroit?

I can't tell this time.
Maybe neutral?

It's a pretty far drive, fly what ever from both cities, I think back in '05 it was close enough what 6 hour drive from spitburgh to superbowl and lot of steeler fans jumped on it and there is big fan base there for steeler

Looks like so far 18% of ticket sales for SB have come from Washington state and 12% from horseface country heard same thing on radio today and found this....on denver post site
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2 ... super-bowl

Met life can handle 82K of visitors, I just don't know what the number of tickets the 18% is based of, is it from total of 82k or is it 18% of 61k that is left after the NFL takes their 25.5% and does this 18% include the tickets that was sold though Seahawks to season ticket holders according to this site it is 17.5% of total tickets according to this site http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/ ... ckets1.htm. So if the 18% includes the 17.5% for season ticket holders (what I find hard to believe) you can have up to 14760 12's there. Now if this not include the the 17.5% to ticket holders, (and those are all sold, a friend of mine is season ticket holder and was in the drawing and he did not get one), then you are potentially looking at close to 30k of 12's at the game, looks like Christmas to me. Anyway just wish full thinking I guess, for all I know there will only be 53 of them

Pretty cool stats.

If its just a neutral field, i.e 50 percent Broncos fans and 50 percent Seahawk fans, I'll take it. Something tells me that the Broncos bandwagoners will climb out of the woodwork to show up to the game. These are all New Yorkers or East Coasters(Virginia, NJ, Connecticut, Delaware, MA, PA, Maine, Vermont, NH, NJ We have some sympathizers from the Giants maybe Eagles, fans that may want us to win. The true Giants fans I think will back us. Maybe some Redskins fans, NFC thing. Other than that, I think its going to a sea of orange.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:17 am

Denver travels as well as any team in the league except perhaps Green Bay. My guess is that it will be relatively neutral as far as fan bases go but that the uncommitted fans will be rooting for the Broncos mainly because of Peyton Manning.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 am

I would think that approximately 10% of the fans don't even know there are laces on a football.
Then there are those bandwagoners and people going to the game just to say they went regardless of who is playing and they don't care who wins.
I'm not real sure there will be a decided edge in support because of that.

I've noticed some Seahawk jerseys/hats of late when I watch news clips from around the country. Certainly a lot more than we used to see. I'm hoping that will transfer to support for the Hawks.
The clothing might not translate into butts in the seats but maybe it's an indication that people are waking up to this team and want to follow them.
We'll see on Sunday.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum