Lane Gone also

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Lane Gone also

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/423079/re ... remy-lane/

If I'm not mistaken that's 4.3 million coming off the books.

Add Shermans 11, Bennett about 2.2,.........Avril (?), Chancellor (?), Thomas (?).
Largent80
Legacy

Re: Lane Gone also

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:27 pm

No surprise here. Lane's been on borrowed time for awhile now.

With all the salary that they're clearing off the books, it looks like the Hawks are planning on some free agency spending.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Could also be an Earl extension or both.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Largent80 wrote:Could also be an Earl extension or both.

True, and it could be a signal that they intend on keeping Richardson.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:03 pm

And Maxwell and McDougald.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm

RiverDog wrote:No surprise here. Lane's been on borrowed time for awhile now.

With all the salary that they're clearing off the books, it looks like the Hawks are planning on some free agency spending.

I think Pete likes younger teams and players. I don't know if it is about going out and shopping in the free agency or if it is more rebuilding as a team of young players that will stay together longer.
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:35 am

We'll survive fine without Lane.
And yea, ET is phoning for more money.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:48 am

idhawkman wrote:I think Pete likes younger teams and players. I don't know if it is about going out and shopping in the free agency or if it is more rebuilding as a team of young players that will stay together longer.

Someone (I think it was North Hawk) mentioned in another thread that there's a school of thought that says Pete's rah rah college coaching style doesn't appeal to older vets and that they tire of his bubble gum approach. That was one of my concerns when we first hired him.

If it's true, that he's unloading these veterans because they were beginning to wear on him, particularly Sherman and Bennett, then I have to admire him for being insightful enough to recognize that he can't be all things to all people.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:52 am

Yeah, they love his rah-rah approach until they cash in, then it's the "Kumbaya room" according to Sherman. Personally, I'm glad he's gone and we can get busy building on what we have (which is very good). Lane was meh after his SB injury and his dumb penalties we're hard to understand. Buh-Bye.

If you don't like the F.O. of the Seahawks, you really should move on, they built a championship team for Seattle when NOBODY else could.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Agent 86 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:47 am

Largent80 wrote:Yeah, they love his rah-rah approach until they cash in, then it's the "Kumbaya room" according to Sherman. Personally, I'm glad he's gone and we can get busy building on what we have (which is very good). Lane was meh after his SB injury and his dumb penalties we're hard to understand. Buh-Bye.

If you don't like the F.O. of the Seahawks, you really should move on, they built a championship team for Seattle when NOBODY else could.

As much as I feel a bit bummed out with Sherm being gone (as soon as he chirped AJ Green in his 5th game as a rookie I loved this guy, didn't know anything about him prior to that), and Bennett, Jimmy G, Cliff A, maybe Bam Bam and Earl, it just seemed like it was simply time to start moving on from these guys. Sentiment gets you nowhere. We all have some of the best memories of our football fans lives to hold onto forever with these guys, always will appreciate what they gave and accomplished.

But I think you're right Large80, the F.O. was a huge part of the success, and they are rolling up their sleeves and going back to work in a way they haven't done since 2010.

I know this sounds weird, but after the Super Bowl win, I felt my fandom go down a slight notch. Still watch every game and follow them like I always do, but to finally reach the peak as a fan, what disappeared a bit was that thirst to see them win it all and my emotions watching games changed a bit. I didn't get as mad after a loss like I used to (my family and furniture thanks me..lol). If anything, this offseason has put that pep back in my fandom, the staleness is gone and I am right fired up for the upcoming free agency, OTA's, and training camp.
Agent 86
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:37 am

I know what you are talking about, Max. When we were on the ascendant, I needed the Cone of Silence to be though sane, but after 2 consecutive SB appearances and after the outburst of disappointment in the 2nd one, I began to take the problems in stride relative to the building years.
Now we are going to have to sit through a couple of years to see what happens with this and future groups as we try to regain our natural position at the top of the NFC West.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:03 am

Agent 86 wrote:I know this sounds weird, but after the Super Bowl win, I felt my fandom go down a slight notch. Still watch every game and follow them like I always do, but to finally reach the peak as a fan, what disappeared a bit was that thirst to see them win it all and my emotions watching games changed a bit. I didn't get as mad after a loss like I used to (my family and furniture thanks me..lol). If anything, this offseason has put that pep back in my fandom, the staleness is gone and I am right fired up for the upcoming free agency, OTA's, and training camp.

I think my attitude was quite the opposite. Winning the SB raised the bar for me. The most disapointing loss for me EVER, in any athletic contest either as a spectator or a participant, was losing SB 49. Simply making the playoffs, or fielding a playoff worthy team, doesn't float my boat. I expect a SB contender, and I haven't seen one in any of the past 3 seasons and was getting more and more agitated by the "stand pat" attitude that Pete and John were taking, making a tweak here and a tweak there.

But this season is likely to be different. With all the changes, both with the coaching staff and the players on the field, I don't expect us to contend for the SB. We could be in for one or two sub .500 seasons before we get back to where we once were. I've lowered my expectations.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Agent 86 wrote:I know this sounds weird, but after the Super Bowl win, I felt my fandom go down a slight notch.

I think the fire and drive also left the players a bit. You could tell in the first 6 games the next season until they got it together and willed themselves to the NFC championship again. But it wasn't the same fire in my opinion. Maybe that is what makes Brady so great, he still has that fire even after what 9 or 10 Super Bowl appearances so far?
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 pm

To bad he never recovered from that grisly injury in the SB... was a top tier slot corner, and now a guy that will be a perennial backup for a handful of seasons and fade away....

Remember guys like him every time you guys want to call players selfish for hold outs, or refusing pay cuts etc... every player 1 play away from being done, or getting cut, or traded or simply ignored in that profession. That's why they do those things, not greed...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum