The Seahawk Defense

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

The Seahawk Defense

Postby Largent80 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Watching it last year you could see these moves coming, Allowing 24 late points in Tenn. Giving up 30+ to Houston, the Lamb blow out. The Washington late collapse.

The terrible rush defense, the defensive penalties resulting in converted 3rd downs.

One could go on but the reality is Bennett, Sherman and Lane will all be gone. Avril and Chancellor are also probably out.

Maxwell McDougald and others are F.A. and the Hawks have freed up some money with these releases/trades. Who knows who they will sign but one thing is certain....the Defense will look a lot different next year and to me that isn't a bad thing.
Largent80
Legacy

Re: The Seahawk Defense

Postby Largent80 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Sherman is a 9er now and Shead may also be leaving, we all may need a paper to identify who's out there next year.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby idhawkman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Right now, I'm a little happy to see this right now. I'd rather a wholesale changeout than to piece part a make-shift defense for the next few years and then finally going in for the wholesale change. Cut the whole thing out and start from scratch. Keep Bwags though...
idhawkman
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:45 am

i don't mind letting any of these guys go so far.
Time for New leadership.

Let Bennett put his protests before his job elsewhere.
Great player, but he's kidding himself if he thinks shouting to the heavens is going to change anything.

And that whole thing in Vegas? Haven't heard much from him since they know his version of events was really Bull****.
Plenty of idiot cops out there, too, obviously, but that one was on Michael.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 am

Zorn76 wrote:i don't mind letting any of these guys go so far.
Time for New leadership.

Let Bennett put his protests before his job elsewhere.
Great player, but he's kidding himself if he thinks shouting to the heavens is going to change anything.

And that whole thing in Vegas? Haven't heard much from him since they know his version of events was really Bull****.
Plenty of idiot cops out there, too, obviously, but that one was on Michael.

Yea, I'd like to ask Bennett how that lawsuit he was so committed to filing against the LV police is going. I would have loved to have been a fly on a wall had he filed his lawsuit a few days after the shootings.

If Bennett is healthy and at the top of his game, he's one of the most disruptive DL's in the game this side of JJ Watt and a DMVP candidate. But if he's not, if he's just an above average DL, then his penalties alone don't justfiy keeping him around. I was in Arizona when I saw him line up offside twice on two successive plays.

Although I appreciate his efforts, there will be no tearful goodbyes from my corner of the planet.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:45 am

So, in reality it would be great to keep Earl around for at least another year in my opinion. We're going to have some new players out there and he's still a heat sinking missle. I guess it would depend if the Hawks will do anything different on defense.
Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:50 am

Largent80 wrote:So, in reality it would be great to keep Earl around for at least another year in my opinion. We're going to have some new players out there and he's still a heat sinking missle. I guess it would depend if the Hawks will do anything different on defense.

As long as he's fully committed, I'd love to have him around. We're going to have a lot of new blood in the secondary and having a future HOF'er back there will be invaluable. The only way I'd trade him is if he wants out.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum