Rams First Team to Have Male Cheerleaders in NFL

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Rams First Team to Have Male Cheerleaders in NFL

Postby RiverDog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I haven't watched cheerleaders on TV in years. Do the NFL cameramen really get close up shots of the cheerleaders undies and shoot under their skirts? From what I recall, they are usually doing group dancing on the sideline or during the half-time show. I don't recall the cameramen obtaining upskirt shots or the like. They are usually shown as a group rather than focusing on an individual.

I haven't seen what Oly was talking about regarding the upskirt shots. But on SNF and MNF, it's not uncommon for the cameraman, when they are coming from or going two a commercial break, to zoom in on one individual cheerleader's bust, usually the one with the biggest cup size.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby burrrton » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 pm

In my opinion, some of the outfits/behavior push the edge of the envelope and can very easily be seen by a more conservative individual as doing just that.

If you're offended by them, avoid (off the top of my head) television, Broadway, Las Vegas, beaches, and most sporting events because they're little different than what half the country walks around in now.

In other words, I think the broad consensus would be that it's a 'you' problem. There's a lot more to be explained walking around at Boat Races (if you're inclined to explain such trvialities) than watching an NFL game.

IMO part of the reason why you don't see college cheerleaders dressed like NFL cheerleaders is that most of the FBS schools are state institutions responsible to the tax paying, tuition paying parents of the students and many of the rest of the private schools, like Notre Dame and BYU, are accountable to a church.

Sure, but I think it's more (as I said) that they're *cheer* squads, while groups like the Seagals are "cheerleaders" in name only- they're dance troupes that use pom poms as props and do some community outreach.
burrrton
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Is this more your style River Dog?

Largent80
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 am

Now that's obscene.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:26 am

:lol:
Largent80
Legacy

Postby Oly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:32 am

RiverDog wrote:I guess I'm the only one in this thread that understands where you're coming from.

Football, and sports in general, is programming that all ages are going to watch, more so than almost all other adult orientated telecasts. It therefore needs to be designed for the lowest age that is likely to be watching.

Yep, you nailed it.

Just a side note: in today's divisive political climate, especially around the "culture wars," I honestly find some hope in the fact that you and I can find some common ground. The overlap in the Venn diagram of liberal and conservative values isn't very big, but this seems to be part of it.
Oly
Legacy

Postby Rambo2014 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 am

Snicker all you want up there in Alaska

We are loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19-0
Rambo2014
Legacy

Postby Largent80 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am

Rambo2014 wrote:We are loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0-19

Yes you ARE.

Largent80
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:36 am

Oly wrote:Just a side note: in today's divisive political climate, especially around the "culture wars," I honestly find some hope in the fact that you and I can find some common ground. The overlap in the Venn diagram of liberal and conservative values isn't very big, but this seems to be part of it.

I consider myself a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, but I try to look at each issue independently rather than being conformed within the typical stereotypes of what conservatives believe in, so hopefully the overlapping portion of my circle is a little greater than most.

One of the things I've had to teach myself is that just because something doesn't offend me personally doesn't mean that someone else that is offended is wrong for feeling that way. It works the other way, too. Just because I'm not offended by something that you are doesn't mean I'm morally bankrupt.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:01 am

I'm a little surprised this was discussed so incredibly thoroughly. To be honest I'm a little confused by some of the things being discussed, as someone that watches football on the NFL level in large quantities, and college football specifically, I'm not sure where the "shot up the girls skirt" at the NFL level even occurred, I do know however, that that shot has been a shot that occurs in each and every college football game numerous times. Every time they are lifted, every time they are tossed.... the NFL is basically a dance troop, not much more. Occasionally * very* they'll wear revealing clothing, but 99% of the time, it's the type of clothing you see in an aerobics class, nothing more.

So my confusion is where and when you are seeing a shot up a cheerleaders skirt in the NFL ( vast majority don't even wear them any more) and whether or not you guys are stuck in the 80s ( when that was prevalent) and just haven't watched for the last couple decades...??

If that is something that offends, I can understand, BUT you guys seem to have confused COLLEGE game day with NFL accolades/ dance troops...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I'm a little surprised this was discussed so incredibly thoroughly.

It's the offseason, the draft is weeks away, and training camp months away....so what do you expect?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:55 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I'm a little surprised this was discussed so incredibly thoroughly. To be honest I'm a little confused by some of the things being discussed, as someone that watches football on the NFL level in large quantities, and college football specifically, I'm not sure where the "shot up the girls skirt" at the NFL level even occurred, I do know however, that that shot has been a shot that occurs in each and every college football game numerous times. Every time they are lifted, every time they are tossed.... the NFL is basically a dance troop, not much more. Occasionally * very* they'll wear revealing clothing, but 99% of the time, it's the type of clothing you see in an aerobics class, nothing more.

So my confusion is where and when you are seeing a shot up a cheerleaders skirt in the NFL ( vast majority don't even wear them any more) and whether or not you guys are stuck in the 80s ( when that was prevalent) and just haven't watched for the last couple decades...??

If that is something that offends, I can understand, BUT you guys seem to have confused COLLEGE game day with NFL accolades/ dance troops...

Perhaps I have generalized what I see in college games to the NFL, but the shot I'm talking about is when coming back from a commercial and the camera pans across a line of cheerleaders from a very low angle.
Oly
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:25 am

Can honestly say in the hundreds of NFL football games I've watched over the last decade, I've seen that shot maybe twice. Three times perhaps....

That said, college? Every single game maybe a half dozen times or more...

Just feel like you're placing that at the NFL level, when really, it's a rarity, so few even wear skirts at this point, that I'm not entirely sure how you're seeing it. Pretty much, it's shorts, yoga pants, plus haltars... ie yoga workout gear.

Just confused me is all.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum