ot/ "the blue" crowd

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: ot/ "the blue" crowd

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:21 am

Deleted. Case pending appeal.

Thanks for the aloha, Hawksista! With all respect, please do bring some lady luck to the table today! Not concerned about the win...just our health. Please see what you can dial up for us!
Last edited by HawkWow on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:29 am

Deleted
Last edited by RiverDog on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 am

Deleted. Case pending appeal.
Last edited by HawkWow on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:21 am

Hawkwow,

Really sad story. Sorry for your loss. You really have been through the ringer.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:38 am

I miss KFC Chicken Littles sumin' fierce.
Last edited by rottweiler on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks for the well wishes all. Again, all good today.

Rott and RD...I need your help. The wife, much smarter than I, just reminded me of the fact the perp in this case is appealing his sentence. His attorneys sure the judge sentenced him unfairly based on the charges he was found guilty of. Their position is that the passing of my brother influenced the sentence, even though he was not charged with my brother's death. My nocturnal ramblings of last night could assist their efforts. I would really appreciate it if you could delete anything you quoted that I said about this (on-going) case.

I thank you in advance and apologize for any inconvenience.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 am

hawkwow, assuming either of those guys may not read this until later the moderator for the forum is Makena. He may be able to help clean up the quotes if you message him.

As interesting as the story was, I'm sure your wife's advice is correct. Take care.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:15 pm

HawkWow wrote:Thanks for the well wishes all. Again, all good today.

Rott and RD...I need your help. The wife, much smarter than I, just reminded me of the fact the perp in this case is appealing his sentence. His attorneys sure the judge sentenced him unfairly based on the charges he was found guilty of. Their position is that the passing of my brother influenced the sentence, even though he was not charged with my brother's death. My nocturnal ramblings of last night could assist their efforts. I would really appreciate it if you could delete anything you quoted that I said about this (on-going) case.

Has been done.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Much appreciated FC and RD. You're good humans. Rott is likely tied up about now. I mean, like literally. ; )

I will write Makena now. Go Hawks!
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Done, bro.

Sounds like you got a pretty good honey.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:03 pm

rottweiler wrote:

Done, bro.

Sounds like you got a pretty good honey.

Thanks so much, Dog. Yeah bro...she's the best. Saved me from death or prison more times than I care to remember and I often feel miserable for dragging her into this. Way too good for me, but fortunately, she's the only one unaware of that. If I had to choose between her and the Lombardi...I'd take her 7 out of 10 time and she'd be flattered with that 70%. ; )

I hope you're well, mi bruvah...you know I do.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Where in Kauai are you? We were there in July for a few weeks. We travel a lot....Kauai is the only place (other than more local (like 2-4 hours away) we revisit. Usually every 3-4 years. We stay near Hanelei and spend our time boogie boarding at Kalihiwa, snorkeling at Tunnels or Ke'a, on the Kalalau, at the Makai or Princeville golf courses, bird watching near the lighthouse, quads at Kipu Ranch etc...
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Where in Kauai are you? We were there in July for a few weeks. We travel a lot....Kauai is the only place (other than more local (like 2-4 hours away) we revisit. Usually every 3-4 years. We stay near Hanelei and spend our time boogie boarding at Kalihiwa, snorkeling at Tunnels or Ke'a, on the Kalalau, at the Makai or Princeville golf courses, bird watching near the lighthouse, quads at Kipu Ranch etc...

You were all over my daily stomping grounds, Sis!
Hope you enjoyed yourself and please let us know the next time you visit. Doubt I will ever be able to leave this place and the more tame I become, the more I love it here.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:44 pm

That's why we go.... It's so laid back & relaxing. Beyond the stunning beauty of the island, I love the feel of the place. Good mojo!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:That's why we go.... It's so laid back & relaxing. Beyond the stunning beauty of the island, I love the feel of the place. Good mojo!

If it's seclusion you're after while here, PM me for a beach where you will only see Monk seals and Sea turtles. An easy 30 min walk...clothing optional, of course.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Will do. I felt like I was in church there too.... Swimming with the turtles, chillin w/ my people... At none w/ work (vs. @ one ;).
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Will do. I felt like I was in church there too.... Swimming with the turtles, chillin w/ my people... At none w/ work (vs. @ one ;).

The wife and I will be going there in April. Nice to know I have some forum friends to rely on for advice. I'll get active in planning our activities after the Super Bowl.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Will do. I felt like I was in church there too.... Swimming with the turtles, chillin w/ my people... At none w/ work (vs. @ one ;).

Those turtles can be real "Em effers" too, Sis. ; )

Yesterday, walking on our favorite beach, I found an Em effin Monk seal tooth! Very cool. The wife is something of an artist and creates Niihau shell jewelry, so I accompanied her in her search for these ridiculously expensive shells. Never in my very materialistic life would I have thought I'd be into something like shells and seal teeth (WTF?). But it's all very cool and I'm doing many of the things I just drove by before. In all, I've lived on the Northshore since a kid (1982). With a lot of crap finally behind me, and being with someone less excited about Ala Moana (mall / Honolulu) than the beach, I am seeing many things for the first time..or so it feels. Hawaii has always been business to me. No longer.

April is one of our worst months on the NS, RD. It will still be warm, it will still be beautiful, but count on seeing tons of waterfalls....and that's only good if you want to see tons of waterfalls, lol. You said you're in Princeville, which is uber awesome, but if you can tweak a few things, I'd recommend Poipu over our NS for that time of year. Just an FYI, I seldom hear any complaints.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Because of the rain, HW?? Speaking as a chick from the desert, the rain is so nice. I golf right through it. I waaay prefer the NS, so mellow. Not like anyone is high strung in Poipu. RD - listen to the local, I don't know nuthin. Except that if you golf at the Princeville.... Be prepared for he most intimidating opening hole around.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Because of the rain, HW?? Speaking as a chick from the desert, the rain is so nice. I golf right through it. I waaay prefer the NS, so mellow. Not like anyone is high strung in Poipu. RD - listen to the local, I don't know nuthin. Except that if you golf at the Princeville.... Be prepared for he most intimidating opening hole around.

Yep...whatever your handicap is...bring that many balls. OTOH, you will find 2 for every one you lose. I hate the Prince, Sis.. hate it. I lived on the Makai for like 20 years and it is much more user friendly (I'm an 8). I have friends that are pro, they also hate the Prince. There's holes that just don't make sense, though the vistas spectacular. I've not played it in several years and I am very happy about that. Poipu is now fully mature and if you're long and can deal with the wind, it is a lot of fun.

They should have named Poipu the Tiger Woods course. He owned that sucker at the Slam for years. I use to interview him every time...good fun. Good stories. I once had my cell phone go off (!) in the middle of Pavin's putt. It was like a 40 footer. He stopped and some marshal goes "No phones" and I go "No sh*t!". Pavin gives me some stink eye, misses the putt and stares me down (I was with the photographers). I mean...like he expected to make a 40 ft putt. Woods comes walking up alongside me and I go "you owe me one bro". LOL. ; )

My aunt visits in April of every year.. she never complains. But she's from Bellingham. ; )
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Holy crap, I come back into this thread and read Hawkwow's insane story, a ton of other stuff and notice over 3000 hits on this thread? WTH.

That has to be Blue related. No other explanation.

Glad you're in a much better place Hawkwow.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 am

HawkWow wrote:
Hawk Sista wrote:Because of the rain, HW?? Speaking as a chick from the desert, the rain is so nice. I golf right through it. I waaay prefer the NS, so mellow. Not like anyone is high strung in Poipu. RD - listen to the local, I don't know nuthin. Except that if you golf at the Princeville.... Be prepared for he most intimidating opening hole around.

Yep...whatever your handicap is...bring that many balls. OTOH, you will find 2 for every one you lose. I hate the Prince, Sis.. hate it. I lived on the Makai for like 20 years and it is much more user friendly (I'm an 8). I have friends that are pro, they also hate the Prince. There's holes that just don't make sense, though the vistas spectacular. I've not played it in several years and I am very happy about that. Poipu is now fully mature and if you're long and can deal with the wind, it is a lot of fun.

They should have named Poipu the Tiger Woods course. He owned that sucker at the Slam for years. I use to interview him every time...good fun. Good stories. I once had my cell phone go off (!) in the middle of Pavin's putt. It was like a 40 footer. He stopped and some marshal goes "No phones" and I go "No sh*t!". Pavin gives me some stink eye, misses the putt and stares me down (I was with the photographers). I mean...like he expected to make a 40 ft putt. Woods comes walking up alongside me and I go "you owe me one bro". LOL. ; )

My aunt visits in April of every year.. she never complains. But she's from Bellingham. ; )

You sound much better Hawkwow. This is good to know.
We hope the situation resolves.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:30 am

HawkWow wrote:

Yesterday, walking on our favorite beach, I found an Em effin Monk seal tooth! Very cool. The wife is something of an artist and creates Niihau shell jewelry, so I accompanied her in her search for these ridiculously expensive shells. Never in my very materialistic life would I have thought I'd be into something like shells and seal teeth (WTF?). But it's all very cool and I'm doing many of the things I just drove by before. In all, I've lived on the Northshore since a kid (1982). With a lot of crap finally behind me, and being with someone less excited about Ala Moana (mall / Honolulu) than the beach, I am seeing many things for the first time..or so it feels. Hawaii has always been business to me. No longer.

April is one of our worst months on the NS, RD. It will still be warm, it will still be beautiful, but count on seeing tons of waterfalls....and that's only good if you want to see tons of waterfalls, lol. You said you're in Princeville, which is uber awesome, but if you can tweak a few things, I'd recommend Poipu over our NS for that time of year. Just an FYI, I seldom hear any complaints.

I've already put down a deposit on a condo on the north shore near Princeville. I don't think the rain will bother us too much so long as we don't get socked in for days, and my experience with Hawaiian rains is that it rains like a cow pissing on a flat rock for an hour or so then clears up, unlike the Northwest where it drizzles for days. It rained every day when we were in Maui and it didn't bother us at all.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:02 am

Steady_Hawk wrote:Holy crap, I come back into this thread and read Hawkwow's insane story, a ton of other stuff and notice over 3000 hits on this thread? WTH.

That has to be Blue related. No other explanation.

Glad you're in a much better place Hawkwow.

Thanks Steady..

No matter where I am... I'm always happy.
Last edited by HawkWow on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:

You sound much better Hawkwow. This is good to know.
We hope the situation resolves.

Thanks Eagle..you're a good person.
Last edited by HawkWow on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 am

RiverDog wrote:
HawkWow wrote:

I've already put down a deposit on a condo on the north shore near Princeville. I don't think the rain will bother us too much so long as we don't get socked in for days, and my experience with Hawaiian rains is that it rains like a cow pissing on a flat rock for an hour or so then clears up, unlike the Northwest where it drizzles for days. It rained every day when we were in Maui and it didn't bother us at all.

It's seldom, RD...but we do get such periods of monsoon like weather. Should that happen, it's likely to be in your timeframe and more towards the Northshore.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Seahawks4Ever » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 pm

I wear as a badge of honor that I was nick named "Debbie Downer" during the Rams game when I was posting over at Blue.
Seahawks4Ever
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I wear as a badge of honor that I was nick named "Debbie Downer" during the Rams game when I was posting over at Blue.

LOL! Well, those opinions are welcomed here.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Seahawks4Ever wrote:I wear as a badge of honor that I was nick named "Debbie Downer" during the Rams game when I was posting over at Blue.

The Blue is definitely a homer site. Even most of the regulars over there admit to it. They do not encourage a wide variety of viewpoints as most posters tow the company line as there's really only one or two that seem to consistently express opinions that are contrary to the general forum theme of being contented lap dogs for Pete and the gang. So far, they've tolerated what they call my "negative" point of view...I prefer to call it objective and unbiased...and I've learned to deal with the trash talkers that seem more worried about who made the comment than the comment itself. It has it's advantages, the primary one being that they have more participants than we do in here, which insures that you'll almost always get an immediate response to a post. Hopefully this site will grow in popularity so it may share the same attribute.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I've been guilty of calling you a "wet blanket" & other similar terms, RD. It seems to me that it's more so in the timing, rather than the content of your posts that strike me as negative. Enjoy the success we're having. They've certainly has been far & few between in the big picture. Although I have a feeling that is changing, & becoming a permanent change...."win forever" is where we live now.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

lol, I like reading your opinions RD but you are miles from objective and unbiased. Willing to read and accept alternate opinions? OK. Objective and unbiased has no need of repeating themselves ad nauseam. Objective and unbiased does not come down of the same side of an opinion ten times out of ten. Most fans are not objective or unbiased. They bring with them all the thoughts and beliefs that have been implanted in them by others over years or decades of watching football.

I have not spent a lot of time at the Blue, and certainly have not posted as much as you, but my perspective is they are simply trying to avoid the conflict that often arises with unmoderated negative posting. The situation is typical to many fan boards. Some fans can be very disappointed after a loss, or even a disappointing win. Often those fans have put away a considerable amount of booze in the mean time. Fan feels need to vent so they wind up the local fan board about all the bad choices a guy that has forgotten more football than they ever knew made that day. It feels good to get it out, but nevertheless it is ridiculous. Next fan disagrees, next fan agrees. Before you know it people are being called idiots and cock suckers. Same story different day.

Whatever the "rules" at the blue are, they work for that group of people, and it seems to be a considerably large group of people. I applaud them for finding a standard that works for them. So far the group here seems to have a pretty good idea how they want it to work here and no real application of rules has had to occur. But I suspect over time Yoder and Makena will have to make decisions they had not considered when they volunteered to set this place up. Healthy debate can be a wonderful thing, and perhaps is one of my favorite things. People are people though.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Love your post Crusader. It sums it up for me. I still visit the blue regularly, & although I feel that I have a home here, it's great to visit the other forums & catch some good, solid Seahawks news, opinions, & debate.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby yoder » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

One thing to remember, this site was launched Saturday, December 14th at 9:45 AM. We're not even close to the one month mark, even though it seems like it.

The Shack has only been online for 20 days and we currently have 84 members, 103 topics and 2,103 posts. So basically two games. We also have to consider that some people simply want to view the forum and aren't active in the discussions. That's the way I was over at the P.I. Not very active, yet I checked the forum several times a day.

With that said, another huge thank you to everyone that has signed up and has participated. Otherwise I would not be doing this. Out of our 84 members, at least 75 are former P.I. members. You're the only ones that know about it so far.

The "other" forums have been up for years, giving them time to slowly build a base of followers. The Shack kind of started instantly, I got it rolling as fast as I could.

As far as moderation, I don't want to play "God" mode here. You guys/gals are self policing in a way...you know what you can and can't get away with. It's simple from my view, no porn and no F-Bombs. If you want to curse, use symbols. If someone is trolling (CP or DD), we vote on it. Blatant spam is deleted. If anything seems out of line, report it to me or Mak. Other than that, feel free to banter away. Salsa recipes are welcome.

This is a new baby, more will come...looking forward to the one month birthday! Well, birth month I guess?
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

You have no IDEA how much your work has meant to me, personally - right now. It is a welcomed and needed distraction. Thanks to you both - so very much!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 pm

yoder wrote:One thing to remember, this site was launched Saturday, December 14th at 9:45 AM. We're not even close to the one month mark, even though it seems like it.

The Shack has only been online for 20 days and we currently have 84 members, 103 topics and 2,103 posts. So basically two games. We also have to consider that some people simply want to view the forum and aren't active in the discussions. That's the way I was over at the P.I. Not very active, yet I checked the forum several times a day.

With that said, another huge thank you to everyone that has signed up and has participated. Otherwise I would not be doing this. Out of our 84 members, at least 75 are former P.I. members. You're the only ones that know about it so far.

The "other" forums have been up for years, giving them time to slowly build a base of followers. The Shack kind of started instantly, I got it rolling as fast as I could.

As far as moderation, I don't want to play "God" mode here. You guys/gals are self policing in a way...you know what you can and can't get away with. It's simple from my view, no porn and no F-Bombs. If you want to curse, use symbols. If someone is trolling (CP or DD), we vote on it. Blatant spam is deleted. If anything seems out of line, report it to me or Mak. Other than that, feel free to banter away. Salsa recipes are welcome.

This is a new baby, more will come...looking forward to the one month birthday! Well, birth month I guess?

Yoder - You've done a great job here, to be sure:)

I was surprised to hear that there are (at least) 75 former PI members currently enrolled at The Shack, since it felt like there were only two dozen or so that posted regularly at the old forum, lol.

While I can't speak from experience, per say, I appreciate the philosophy you (and Mak) have as mods. The new site represents, as much as anything else, IMO, a clean slate for old timers and new members. There's any varying of degrees when it comes to trolls, with some being a no-brainer to dismiss for good if their signature is to be nothing more than disruptive. But we'll cross that troll bridge when we come to it:)

Again, many thanks to you and Mak for making The Shack worthwhile.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:30 pm

yoder wrote:One thing to remember, this site was launched Saturday, December 14th at 9:45 AM. We're not even close to the one month mark, even though it seems like it.

I Love you Man! Let me know if you need some $ to keep this thing going. Awesome job and kudos to you and Makena!
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 pm

I'm with Distant. I'm willing to chip in if you need some jiggity jack. I really appreciate what you have done here as well.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Ditto on the cheddar. I will chip in
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 am

FolkCrusader wrote:lol, I like reading your opinions RD but you are miles from objective and unbiased. Willing to read and accept alternate opinions? OK. Objective and unbiased has no need of repeating themselves ad nauseam. Objective and unbiased does not come down of the same side of an opinion ten times out of ten. Most fans are not objective or unbiased. They bring with them all the thoughts and beliefs that have been implanted in them by others over years or decades of watching football.
I have not spent a lot of time at the Blue, and certainly have not posted as much as you, but my perspective is they are simply trying to avoid the conflict that often arises with unmoderated negative posting. The situation is typical to many fan boards. Some fans can be very disappointed after a loss, or even a disappointing win. Often those fans have put away a considerable amount of booze in the mean time. Fan feels need to vent so they wind up the local fan board about all the bad choices a guy that has forgotten more football than they ever knew made that day. It feels good to get it out, but nevertheless it is ridiculous. Next fan disagrees, next fan agrees. Before you know it people are being called idiots and cock suckers. Same story different day.

Whatever the "rules" at the blue are, they work for that group of people, and it seems to be a considerably large group of people. I applaud them for finding a standard that works for them. So far the group here seems to have a pretty good idea how they want it to work here and no real application of rules has had to occur. But I suspect over time Yoder and Makena will have to make decisions they had not considered when they volunteered to set this place up. Healthy debate can be a wonderful thing, and perhaps is one of my favorite things. People are people though.

Oh, I have my biases, no doubt. But I was speaking in comparison to the demeanor at The Blue, which actively discourages opinions off the mainstream theme. I agree that the Blue's "standards work for them", and I try not to rock the boat too much over there, but their standard does have the effect of making it more like a club than a true forum. It's still an OK place, just that it does have a distinct personality.

Anyhow, that's my take. They're all great Seahawk fans and I don't mean to rip on them, but I get the idea that most are considerably younger and haven't been through the fire and brimstone of our early history that's part of our franchises' past and helped formulate my personality. Otherwise, you wouldn't be seeing threads when we were only 3/4 of the way through the regular season and way before the playoffs that was already declaring the 2013 Hawks as "best ever in team history." I felt the same way back in 1984 just before the wheels came off the wagon. It almost happened this time, too.
Last edited by RiverDog on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:38 am

I'm willing to help with any expenses, too. I'm sure that the security packages aren't free.

I've been spreading the word about The Shack to some of my friends. Several have already signed up but haven't been posting a lot for various reasons. So far, I haven't had any issues at all with the way we treat each other. Of course, we've been winning, which helps a lot as this forum takes it's baby steps. Everyone likes a winner, there's no QB controversy, no calls for the head coaches head. It's when we start losing, like during the Mora year, that's the real test of a forum's strengths. There's a lot more agreement when we win than there is when we lose.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum