ot/ "the blue" crowd

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

ot/ "the blue" crowd

Postby rottweiler » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I realize some of us here are "happy" members of seahawkblue (don't wanna post the full link, and give those clowns in charge there the glory of someone's clicking on them, you know), but in the past coupla weeks that the PI Forum has been down, I noticed that thread over there called "New Posters From the PI", and I found the arrogance in what some of the powers that be over there at the blue (I won't capitalize their site in short, either, purely outta sheer spite) said about us "PI refugees" to be pretty amusing.

I don't expect any of you who are "happy" members of the blue to say nasty things about them, as we both know that they are prolly reading this. Keep your lips sealed; we know wuzzup.

The funniest thing I read on that thread was like on page 11 or so, when our bro C-Dub was trading jabs with someone there, and some blue tool walked onto the thread and said of the blue (paraphrased), "This place sure has gone downhill since the PI Forum closed!!!"

C-Dub just LOLed, I noticed.

Snobs. They obviously think they're better than us. Up theirs.
rottweiler
Legacy

Re: ot/ "the blue" crowd

Postby Steady_Hawk » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Rott,

The Blue is a very tight knit group that was very welcoming. One person acting like a jerk doesn't speak for that entire forum. I know you had some issues over there in the past, but let me put something in perspective. We now have this place. They have theirs. You and your opinions are totally safe here. I love how clean this place looks without the ridiculous pop ups everywhere. We have a mod that will kill CP the second he comes back(and he will).

Life is good my friend, no need to paint the Blue in a pejorative manor.

This forum will be far more open to real criticism towards our team and FO. The Blue is a pretty positive place, which isn't really bad, but can mask real feelings and opinions.

For what it's worth, that Redorverred gal remembered you quite well! :lol:
Last edited by Steady_Hawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 am

Meh, a couple of knucklehead comments on the Blue does not make it bad. I like the Blue, and I like this place cause its simple!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:32 am

The Blue isn't a forum, it's a club, and right now, they're pretty drunk on our 12-2 record and impending SB run so they're not too friendly to anyone that wants to challenge their critical thinking about anything controversial, such as Percy Harvin, game management, or penalties, as it has the effect of, in one of their posters words, "killing off their buzz."

So I've learned to steer clear of anything that might cause even the slightest disagreement. Unlike trolls like CP, I don't want to intentionally drop turds in their punch bowls and cause a lot of consternation. I still post there, but I save for other forums my comments on topics that they would call 'negative.' Now that this forum is up and running, I can save topics I really want to talk about for this group and one or two other places I post.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 am

As I said in another thread I've always been somewhat of a contrarian so I never felt comfortable there.
They just look at things differently than me. Not good or bad, but different.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:25 am

I noticed a pretty pollyanna attitude as has been mentioned. Any criticism of anything Seahawks was ruthlessly derided. I think the group we had at the pI was a little more deep thinking and knowledgeable, and I hope they all come back in here. I will likely browse and possibly post occasionally there but this is my new home.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Feez » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 pm

there is a different vibe at the Blue as there would be with any other forum. they are tight nit most were welcoming and there were a few who weren't. that is bound to happen especially if someone were to feel as if their forum were over run by new comers. its been a mixed bag for me there I like most of it but it doesn't quite feel like home. for the most part that is what this place here will be for me because of the years of interaction with most who migrated here. they have their forum and feel as if it is well established and they should. nothing wrong with a little pride in "your" forum. I think most of us were the same way but without being a newbie its hard to gauge that anymore.
Feez
Legacy

Postby Hawkstar » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I felt like the Blue group felt they were "more" of a Seahawk fan than I am. Hard to gauge "more"... without getting to an age disscussion. I think we're all passionate about our Hawks, but we're also watching without our Hawk colored lenses and feel comfortable calling out things we feel deserve a mention.

Perhaps they felt the PI refugees were just hoping on the Bandwagon. I get it.

Btw - first mobile post. Pardon any errors.
Hawkstar
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 pm

rottweiler wrote:The funniest thing I read on that thread was like on page 11 or so, when our bro C-Dub was trading jabs with someone there, and some blue tool walked onto the thread and said of the blue (paraphrased), "This place sure has gone downhill since the PI Forum closed!!!"

C-Dub just LOLed, I noticed.

Snobs. They obviously think they're better than us. Up theirs.

So I guess that means that when it comes to the Seahawk posting boards\communities found on the internet - those of us who remained at the PI were like the turds that sink to the bottom of a septic tank?

lol
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Are these not exactly the same sort of posts (from a few of us, deriding them) as we are making fun of a few of them deriding PI posters about?

It's silly, in both directions.

I'm as grateful for TC for putting that forum together from the mass exodus from the PI in the wake of our Super Bowl and the totally unchecked attack of the trolls (from which the PI forum never fully recovered IMO) as I am for Yoder putting this one together in the wake of the PI forum dissolving.

It's all good IMO and I like having both forums. It ain't us against them from where I sit, it's us and them.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:Are these not exactly the same sort of posts (from a few of us, deriding them) as we are making fun of a few of them deriding PI posters about?

It's silly, in both directions.

I'm as grateful for TC for putting that forum together from the mass exodus from the PI in the wake of our Super Bowl and the totally unchecked attack of the trolls (from which the PI forum never fully recovered IMO) as I am for Yoder putting this one together in the wake of the PI forum dissolving.

It's all good IMO and I like having both forums. It ain't us against them from where I sit, it's us and them.

I was thinking something along the same lines.
Silly - agreed.
Trolls killed the PI Forum - No doubt in my mind although it took a while.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

I think we should have a tackle football game. Blue vs Hawk Shack. I'll be the QB.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Distant Relative wrote:I think we should have a tackle football game. Blue vs Hawk Shack. I'll be the QB.

I volunteer to do the kicking; provided the goal posts aren't narrowed to make it harder.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:18 pm

I volunteer to punt.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm good for one TD, one really good catch, one Interception, and one heart attack...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby makena » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:55 am

It's simple: this is the best forum. It's not about the thread of a topic that makes up a Hawks forum, it's how far the forum is willing to take the content of the thread topic. Blue.... no clue.
makena
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:47 am

Distant Relative wrote:I think we should have a tackle football game. Blue vs Hawk Shack. I'll be the QB.

What I'm gonna do?

NT for both teams maybe ... nobody gets to run up the middle!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:00 am

I would be an OG. No one gets to the Qb.
Last edited by Eaglehawk on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Feez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:22 am

I'm thinking I would be a special team guy (kick / punt coverage ) limited action but when I get a chance I like to F.S.U. !! in reality just like when I played a wee bit of Hockey I just like putting a hit on a guy the game is fun too but I played for the hits.
Feez
Legacy

Postby yoder » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 pm

I'll be some dude in the Front Office with a pair of binoculars.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Steady_Hawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Cheerleader quality control right here!
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Cheerleader quality control right here!

Arrgh. Beat me to it! Curse you Steady
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 pm

i feel the same way as Bob "it's us and them". I felt welcomed, and thought some of the comments were kinda funy, like wipe your feet when you enter, did you shower, etc. I do think I broke a couple Blue rules with only a few posts made though. I'll still drop in there from time to time. They hooked me up with the So Cal Hawk fan groups.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 pm

PasadenaHawk wrote:i feel the same way as Bob "it's us and them". I felt welcomed, and thought some of the comments were kinda funy, like wipe your feet when you enter, did you shower, etc. I do think I broke a couple Blue rules with only a few posts made though. I'll still drop in there from time to time. They hooked me up with the So Cal Hawk fan groups.

That's a fun group of folks, went to a Seahawks/Chargers game and a Mariners/A's game with them while I was working contract in Corona. Very good times were had by all on both occasions!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Paul Allen would love this. After we crush the "Blue" we should invite the 9er's billboard crew up for a game since the Hawks are division leaders.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Good to hear Bob. I didn't know there was a bar in Pasadena that is over-run by the 12s on Sundays, and I have been to it before (evenings). And I didn't know there was an official Seahawks bar in So Cal. I think the gal I met said it is in Culver City. I'm thinking of going there for the Rams game. She tells me they even raise the 12th Man Flag. Sounds like fun!
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:14 pm

PasadenaHawk wrote:Good to hear Bob. I didn't know there was a bar in Pasadena that is over-run by the 12s on Sundays, and I have been to it before (evenings). And I didn't know there was an official Seahawks bar in So Cal. I think the gal I met said it is in Culver City. I'm thinking of going there for the Rams game. She tells me they even raise the 12th Man Flag. Sounds like fun!

Sure does!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:05 pm

I was perma-banned from hawks.net today for "poaching".

I went kamikaze yesterday, and put up a link to the Shack here in one of my posts there.

Oh well. That place hella sucked, anyway. It seemed like a forum for little kids, and this guy:

I guess I'm glad to be banned from there.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Were you trying to get that KChawkgirl over here or something? Come on, who were you poaching....
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby yoder » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 am

You got a home here Rott. And if your arse we to get banned, at least I'd put it up for a vote! :lol:

Glad you're here big dog!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Feez » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:52 am

rottweiler wrote:I was perma-banned from hawks.net today for "poaching".

I went kamikaze yesterday, and put up a link to the Shack here in one of my posts there.

Oh well. That place hella sucked, anyway. It seemed like a forum for little kids, and this guy:

I guess I'm glad to be banned from there.

Muahhaha thanks Rott that was a good laugh even if the neon was enough to scare me off of .net before I was even able to glean a concensus of it's general vibe.

it does appear we may have lost some of our fold to other forums permanently which will happen from time to time. Blue was OK I still post a little there I do think this is and will be home for me. I'm too old in this life to be trying to form a new group of virtual friends. plus I'm a legacy here so that has to be worth something somewhere right?
Feez
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 am

Feez,

Some will come back over time. I'm glad you're here, you bring much levity. This place may be slow now, but I promise, it won't always be like this.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Feez » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:19 am

Steady_Hawk wrote:Feez,

Some will come back over time. I'm glad you're here, you bring much levity. This place may be slow now, but I promise, it won't always be like this.

thanks Steady 'Ppreciate that my friend I tend to not be too serious there is far too much in life that can kick you in the old twig and berries I see no point in being Dour unless the situation calls for it.
Feez
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:34 am

You speak the truth, when I was about 8 we had a Cujo type dog that roamed our neighborhood. It hid in the bushes and lunged out at me, bit me four times and ran off. That monster of a dog was inches away from me not being able to procreate. I was almost nut punctured. So, you have made a very valid point about normal life concerning our twig and berries.

BTW, that dog was the meanest sumbitch, it flattened all four tires on the Yellowbook delivery guy's car. He had to wait for hours until the owners got home as this was back when cell phones weren't around.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Feez,

A BAND OF BROTHERS.
I like it.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Nice! I see Vegas made his way to the Shack! Sweet!
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Vegaseahawk here
I had jumped over to the blue forum cause I didn't know about this one. It seems that all my old buddies from the PI have settled here, COOL. I like the format, it seem really easy to navigate & use. How do you guys like my new icon?
Anyway, I've always valued the insight provided by some of the longtime posters at the PI, you guys are very knowledgable, insightful, & fair... and I've enjoyed the trolls too, believe it or not. Let's not get too harsh on them, they provide an outlet for our sarcasm, wit, & humor. Let's face it, it's fun to shred those guys like baytown bomber, & such, although with the Hawks success lately, we see less & less of them.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm

KIller avatar Vegas! 8-)
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:KIller avatar Vegas! 8-)

Thanks Bro- I freakin love it. It's a photo of a shirt I bought & got 1 for my brother for Christmas. He nor I couldn't wait to open the gift up so we are both sporting them today.
I bought the shirt from a guy that was offering them on SeahawkBlue. I like the indirect reference. Most outsiders won't have a clue what it means, but WE DO!
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 pm

^ That has got to be the sweetest avatar ever. ^

Can you make one with Heisenberg at the center, and call it Breaking Hawk?
rottweiler
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum