ot/ "the blue" crowd

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: ot/ "the blue" crowd

Postby Mo the Toe » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Might take a while for the trolls to find this site unless our rotweiler goes on a walk and we see what follows him back to the yard. And great avatar.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:48 am

Mo the Toe wrote:Might take a while for the trolls to find this site unless our rotweiler goes on a walk and we see what follows him back to the yard. And great avatar.

Hope Rott goes to 49er zone and mixes it up with them. They put people on short leashes over there though. Must b a SFO thing.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm flattered, my true friends.

But lately, I've honestly just been kinda burnt out on life in general.

This is always one of the loneliest times of the year, for me. And I don't think it helps that the weather is so damned gloomy-looking.

At any rate, I've never found any serious worth out of trolling people online. I'm not judging anyone who does enjoy that; it's just never really been my thing.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Just keep on keepin on bro. I enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes the holidays give me the red ass too. Gotta take one step at a time. Playoffs - Superbowl - Springtime.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:15 pm

rottweiler wrote:I'm flattered, my true friends.

This is always one of the loneliest times of the year, for me. And I don't think it helps that the weather is so damned gloomy-looking.

At any rate, I've never found any serious worth out of trolling people online. I'm not judging anyone who does enjoy that; it's just never really been my thing.

Tis the season for those feelings man, make sure to treat yourself to some delicious doggy treats, pound a few back and weather the storm that is the holidays man, don't cheat yourself out of get the really top end stuff either, when push comes to shove, your a good mutt, and a lot of people like you man, even if you have never met them.. chin up dude, and if I ain't on the board much ( or the cte kicks in and keeps me from saying it) you have a Merry Fricking Christmas and a happy New Year Rott... :D
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 am

rottweiler wrote:I'm flattered, my true friends.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
This is not the Rott we have come to know and love through the years. ;) We all go through our highs and lows dog. None of us are excluded. It's not unusual for people to experience lows during this time of year, for varied reasons. And yes Rott, we are your true friends, Cowboy the Buck Up Rott and don't look down at the abyss, look up at the stars(if you can see them), enjoy breathing fresh air, thank the universe for what you have and be patient, because good things will come to those who are positive and who work toward their goals. The road to Rome begins with the first paw step. One paw step then another paw step, then soon you are in a slow trot. Merry Christmas brother, and a very Happy New Year in case you don't see this anytime soon.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:38 am

Hiya gents and ladies (hope there are some of the latter in here, but I'm happy to be one of the guys if not). I'm so glad to be here & appreciate YODER (for prez) a ton. I went to the Blue and I may go back from time to time. Nothing wrong with them... It just wasn't home. You sonsabitches mean a lot to me, maybe even a lil more than I realized. I shed a few tears when it all stopped working... Which is a little weird since I have never met a one of ya. As for the Blue, it just felt like I was at someone else's family's house for a nice holiday dinner ... I appreciate that I was welcomed, but wondered which fork to use first as I stiffly made it through the evening. Here I can eat my chicken w/ my fingers in my PJs.... And I do.

Rott... I think of you every Thanksgiving - New Year & wonder how you "really" are. I know I'd be effed up for a very long time if I went through what you did. Still so sorry for your loss. I Love you, my brotha - take god care of yourself.

Sista
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:49 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Hiya gents and ladies (hope there are some of the latter in here, but I'm happy to be one of the guys if not). I'm so glad to be here & appreciate YODER (for prez) a ton. I went to the Blue and I may go back from time to time. Nothing wrong with them... It just wasn't home. You sonsabitches mean a lot to me, maybe even a lil more than I realized. I shed a few tears when it all stopped working... Which is a little weird since I have never met a one of ya. As for the Blue, it just felt like I was at someone else's family's house for a nice holiday dinner ... I appreciate that I was welcomed, but wondered which fork to use first as I stiffly made it through the evening. Here I can eat my chicken w/ my fingers in my PJs.... And I do.

Rott... I think of you every Thanksgiving - New Year & wonder how you "really" are. I know I'd be effed up for a very long time if I went through what you did. Still so sorry for your loss. I Love you, my brotha - take god care of yourself.

Sista

I'm really glad you stuck with us, Sis. I was afraid that all that crazy chit that went on in the last few weeks of the pi forum turned you against us.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:08 am

To be honest, Riv.... That nasty thread was very tough and disappointing (& I'm no prude). But in keeping w/ my earlier analogy: "it just felt like I was at someone else's family's house for a nice holiday dinner ... I appreciate that I was welcomed, but wondered which fork to use first as I stiffly made it through the evening. Here I can eat my chicken w/ my fingers in my PJs.... And I do. "

Sometimes your brothers hurt your feelings at Christmas, but it's all good before the new year, if you get my meaning. I get I'm a woman in a largely masculine setting and I cognitively understood the context of the thread. It's over and I love all y'all. I do hope that kind of thing doesn't repeat itself in the Shack.

Nice to see you too. I missed you.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 am

Hawk Sista,

I personally welcome you. Its been a while since we spoke, welcome to our new home. I'll be like you popping in at the Blue every so often, but I think this just feels better for some reason. Maybe because its the fresh start feel to it. Either way, we all have to thank Yoder for making it happen.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Venice_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 am

PasadenaHawk wrote:Good to hear Bob. I didn't know there was a bar in Pasadena that is over-run by the 12s on Sundays, and I have been to it before (evenings). And I didn't know there was an official Seahawks bar in So Cal. I think the gal I met said it is in Culver City. I'm thinking of going there for the Rams game. She tells me they even raise the 12th Man Flag. Sounds like fun!

First time posting here, thanks Yoder!!
I've been to the Culver City bar before, it's the Back Stage accross from the studios, it's a dive bar but a lot of fun and it's only 10 minutes from Venice.
The address is 10400 Culver Blvd. 902321.
What is the bar in Pasadena called? I would like to check it out.
Venice_Hawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 am

Hawk Sista wrote:To be honest, Riv.... That nasty thread was very tough and disappointing (& I'm no prude). But in keeping w/ my earlier analogy: "it just felt like I was at someone else's family's house for a nice holiday dinner ... I appreciate that I was welcomed, but wondered which fork to use first as I stiffly made it through the evening. Here I can eat my chicken w/ my fingers in my PJs.... And I do. "

Sometimes your brothers hurt your feelings at Christmas, but it's all good before the new year, if you get my meaning. I get I'm a woman in a largely masculine setting and I cognitively understood the context of the thread. It's over and I love all y'all. I do hope that kind of thing doesn't repeat itself in the Shack.

Thank you for being brave enough to talk about this sista. If anyone but you had brought it up they likely would have been attacked.

The internet is self-service for pretty much anything, if that's your thing go get it. Don't bring it back here.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:45 am

Hawk Sista wrote:To be honest, Riv.... That nasty thread was very tough and disappointing (& I'm no prude). But in keeping w/ my earlier analogy: "it just felt like I was at someone else's family's house for a nice holiday dinner ... I appreciate that I was welcomed, but wondered which fork to use first as I stiffly made it through the evening. Here I can eat my chicken w/ my fingers in my PJs.... And I do. "

That last thread wasn't representative of the large majority of us, certainly not me, but I will apologize for it, and although I have nothing to do with the administration of this forum, I don't think you'll have to worry about a repeat in here.

Rott mentioned how the holidays can be a depressing time. Been there, done that.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby yoder » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:37 am

Welcome Sista and Venice, glad you're here! And no, you won't have to worry about "the thread" over at the P.I.

Rott, hang in there Dogg, sorry you're having a hard time. We're kind of having weird Christmas "stuff" over here as well. But hey, at least you have a good family here at The Shack!
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks - I need no apologies. It was a boys being boys thing. Like I said, it's over.
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Steady_Hawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Hawk Sista wrote:Thanks - I need no apologies. It was a boys being boys thing. Like I said, it's over.

Well, our Queen has arrived, nice to see you my Lady(Steady Bows). ;)
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Mo the Toe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Occasionally run across ladies that like talkin the Hawks. But there is only one Sista. You are respected and appreciated. Glad you are with us.
Mo the Toe
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Just wanted to let youse who expressed concern here know that I am okay.

I appreciate the love. Means a lot.

Love you guys.

hawk sista: What you said in particular brought tears to my eyes. I want you to know that. And know that I love you, too. Very much.

Moving along, hey, check it out, friends: I finally got 'round to watching The Purge last night. Any of youse seen it. That fortified, gated community in which the character played by Ethan Hawke's family lived in the film reminded me of a lot of things — but it especially made me think of the 19th chapter of the Book of Genesis, the story of the destruction of Sodom. How the mob cried out to Lot to give the two angels to them so the mob could brutalize them, or else said mob would do worse to Lot and his own family.

I won't say any more, for those of you who ain't seen it.

Suffice it to say that it's a grim, frighteningly dystopic reminder of the America we could soon dreadfully become.

I guess it kinda reminded me of "The Blue" crowd more than just a little bit, too. :lol:

I will gladly die on the doorsteps of their fortified community. Up theirs.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbvp_EeLhY[/video]

(Well, if the BBCode "video" lingo here ever works, ^ that's ^ a Travis Tritt song. Bet you can guess what it is. 8-) )
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 pm

I am kind of on blue, but rarely post anymore, as there is a bit of a cast system over there. If you are one of the in crowd you can say what you want, how you want, and if not you get ridiculed, and banned. So I rarely post there any more. Love this one though :)
Anthony
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:29 am

rottweiler wrote:Just wanted to let youse who expressed concern here know that I am okay.

Love you guys.

Rott, I know we've had our differences, but I want you to know that I do like you. I know exactly where you are coming from in regards to the depression that the holidays can bring to some people. I don't want to bore you or the others with my personal experiences, but suffice it to say that I think I know what you're going through. Watching commercials of all those happy, cheerful families celebrating Christmas....ugh, I don't even want to go there. If they only knew how those commercials affected a person that didn't have the perfect, nuclear family....

Anyway, all I can say is hang in there. Life is precious, and if you're nothing else, you're one of the most colorful, life giving characters I've encountered.

Merry Christmas and Go Hawks!
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Feez » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Sis if any of the things I posted in the so long Pi thread hurt or offended you I am sincerly sorry that was never my intention, glad to see you back and hopefully no hard feelings on either end. you are (and were at the pi) one of my favorite regulars.

Rott you know you are one of my Brothas, the holidays were a little brutal for me this year as well. first since the split with the BM (baby mama for the normal people out there lol) and first since my son was born I didn't get to be with him on Christmas Day. but we'll be alright my friend we are made of tougher chit than that. if you need to talk/vent you know how to reach me.
Last edited by Feez on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feez
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:56 pm

RiverDog wrote:
rottweiler wrote:Just wanted to let youse who expressed concern here know that I am okay.

Love you guys.

Rott, I know we've had our differences, but I want you to know that I do like you. I know exactly where you are coming from in regards to the depression that the holidays can bring to some people. I don't want to bore you or the others with my personal experiences, but suffice it to say that I think I know what you're going through. Watching commercials of all those happy, cheerful families celebrating Christmas....ugh, I don't even want to go there. If they only knew how those commercials affected a person that didn't have the perfect, nuclear family....

Anyway, all I can say is hang in there. Life is precious, and if you're nothing else, you're one of the most colorful, life giving characters I've encountered.

Merry Christmas and Go Hawks!

Thanks, man.

Hope you, too, had a good Christmas.

Hawk Sista wrote:That nasty thread was very tough and disappointing (& I'm no prude)

I realize you're talking to RiverDog here, sis, but if you don't mind, let me interrupt for just a second to say this:

I'm not God, and certainly can't speak for everyone involved in that "nasty thread" (lol), but I know what I was doing there personally was just venting some long-since-pent-up rage at the way the mods had run that board — banning some people for the most harmless, viewpoint-based pieces of speech they had sometimes voiced, while some of the forum's most venomously vocal Internet shadows seemed to have had free reign in delivering some of the most vicious ad hominems in the history of mankind, with no repercussions. (Particularly some of the whiners on the PI Forum's political boards, who seemed to think their stuff didn't stink, and were all too happy to report the smells of everyone else's.)

That's all we were doing with that "nasty thread", sista: venting.

S'pose you might say it was a bit of a purge. But unlike the movie, nobody died.

Still, IMHO it does suck that it took the equivalent of an asteroid's hitting the PI Forum for some of us finally to have had the freedom to shout back — figuratively and literally — with the same level of vitriol and angst that other PI Forum barkers had been given the permission(s) to display for years without reprisals from the moderators at said barkers.

Was irritating, the powers that be in charge of the PI Forum's damaged idea of justice. But it's all good now.

Through nastiness, we have made our peace.

Purged.

Feez wrote:Rott you know you are one of my Brothas, the holidays were a little brutal for me this year as well. first since the split with the BM (baby mama for the normal people out there lol) and first since my son was born I didn't get to be with him on Christmas Day. but we'll be alright my friend we are made of tougher chit than that. if you need to talk/vent you know how to reach me.

Yep. We all know you's tough, bro.

Hang in there, D-Money.

I'm always here for you, too, guy.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby yoder » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:24 pm

You guys are getting me all choked up over here. This truly is a family.
yoder
Site Admin

Postby Johnny B » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:26 pm

As I reader of the PI forum for years but not posting, I feel very comfortable on this site. I enjoy the topics and discussions. I love the hawks and want the Super Bowl so bad but like the idea that we can discuss the shortcomings the team has.
Johnny B
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 pm

rottweiler wrote:^ That has got to be the sweetest avatar ever. ^

Can you make one with Heisenberg at the center, and call it Breaking Hawk?

I ordered the "Sons of Carroll" shirt from a cool site called http://teespring.com/about
You design a shirt, and then promote it. People order it, & if the designed shirt reaches it's sales goal, tee spring processes everything & you receive a check for the net profits. Creative guy like you might be interested Rottie.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:04 am

Johnny B wrote:As I reader of the PI forum for years but not posting, I feel very comfortable on this site. I enjoy the topics and discussions. I love the hawks and want the Super Bowl so bad but like the idea that we can discuss the shortcomings the team has.

Johnny B, welcome to the SHACK my man!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for all the nice things you all said. It feels good to be appreciated.

On the thread... I got it that it was more of an FU to the PI police than it was a real thread of any substance. I wasn't hurt by it. I do stand by my other comment that I hope we can leave that kind of thing behind us. I don't wanna be the forum mother hen - just a lil respect for the superior gender is all we seek. ,)
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby Seahawker » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Honestly, I really wish this thread would just go away, it's making me feel guilty. I told Rott my little blue pills weren't working anymore and 100 milligrams were giving me chest pains and maybe I should just give up.

Rott and the boys were just trying to help a buddy and even when I told them it wasn't working, they just tried harder.
I think the scene with the big gal in the rubber boots with the donkey and the talking parrot might have caused a twinge, maybe a twitch, but no.

Thanks for trying guys, but I think the only thing that will cure my problem is a Seahawk Superbowl win.
Seahawker
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Did anybody else notice this thread has 3000 views? I think the "blue" is onto us.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:53 pm

The fact that there are a high number of hits on this thread does not surprise me. Those of us, (at least some, anyway), that wound up here did so through the Blue Crowd site. Anyone who loves our team as much as we do certainly are out there mining info on this team, her fans, & prognosis, etc at a high rate, I know that this is an important time in Seattle Seahawks history. 37 years!!....it's freakin time my friends.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Distant Relative wrote:Did anybody else notice this thread has 3000 views? I think the "blue" is onto us.

I don't think many of The Blue regulars are checking us out. They seem to be a tight knit bunch. I do see a few in other forums, but 90% of them seem to post exclusively at The Blue.

This has become a sort of multi purpose thread, from Christmas well wishes to introductions from new posters. I think that's why there's so many hits, that posters understand that there's a variety of topics being discussed in here so when it pops back up to the top of the forum, they check in to see what's new.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Seahawker wrote:Honestly, I really wish this thread would just go away, it's making me feel guilty. I told Rott my little blue pills weren't working anymore and 100 milligrams were giving me chest pains and maybe I should just give up.

Rott and the boys were just trying to help a buddy and even when I told them it wasn't working, they just tried harder.
I think the scene with the big gal in the rubber boots with the donkey and the talking parrot might have caused a twinge, maybe a twitch, but no.

Thanks for trying guys, but I think the only thing that will cure my problem is a Seahawk Superbowl win.

Your "little blue pills"?

"Chest pains"?

"The big gal in the rubber boots with the donkey and the talking parrot"???

Whole lotta subliminal messages you're throwin' at us there, Seahawker ol' buddy.

I kinda sorta really don't think you want 'em to "... go away".

(Let's just wish instead that they turn into a big ol' pile of Them Bones, champ — whaddya say? 8-) )

Distant Relative wrote:Did anybody else notice this thread has 3000 views? I think the "blue" is onto us.

I noticed that, yeah. It scares the hell outta me, too.

Oh well.

RiverDog wrote:I don't think many of The Blue regulars are checking us out.

I disagree.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:13 am

RiverDog wrote:I don't think many of The Blue regulars are checking us out.

Rott wrote:I disagree.

+1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:12 pm

You do pretty damn well in this masculine setting, Hawk Sista. I've not (yet) read a ton of your stuff, but what I've read is very impressive regardless of your gender. So much so that I don't even consider it when reading your posts and look forward to reading more. Aloha, nice meeting you.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:47 pm

rottweiler wrote:
Seahawker wrote:Honestly, I really wish this thread would just go away, it's making me feel guilty. I told Rott my little blue pills weren't working anymore and 100 milligrams were giving me chest pains and maybe I should just give up.

Your "little blue pills"?

"Chest pains"?

"The big gal in the rubber boots with the donkey and the talking parrot"???

Whole lotta subliminal messages you're throwin' at us there, Seahawker ol' buddy.

I kinda sorta really don't think you want 'em to "... go away".

(Let's just wish instead that they turn into a big ol' pile of Them Bones, champ — whaddya say? 8-) )

You are one funny mofo, Rott. That's a gift few have and certain to carry you through tough times, if you let it.
Last edited by HawkWow on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 pm

What a story! No wonder your name is HawkWow! Lesser men would've been crushed by the events that have affected your life. I wish you a healthy & spiritually strong 2014 & beyond. And let it start off with a Seahawks super bowl Win!
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby HawkWow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:What a story! No wonder your name is HawkWow! Lesser men would've been crushed by the events that have affected your life. I wish you a healthy & spiritually strong 2014 & beyond. And let it start off with a Seahawks super bowl Win!

Thanks bro. Other than #11, it's all good now. ; )

Last night the Dawgs created change. I am confident this will continue tomorrow and beyond (I'm goofy like that) with our Hawks. Love your avatar, very cool. Happy holidays to you and yours and never miss the chance to let someone know you love them.
HawkWow
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:30 am

Welcome to the Shack, Johnny B. Nice to meet you. I know there are lots of readers who never posted - I think I waited a bit before I posted at the PI all those years ago. Keep with it, friend.

Wow, HawkWow. Tis more than a person should have to endure, your experiences. I'm happy you are with us & that you've managed to keep a sunny outlook in spite of the shizzle. Keep on keepin' on. Were I you, I may commit that series of happenings into a book or screenplay. Keep Calm & Hawk On
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:20 am

Hawk Sista wrote:Welcome to the Shack, Johnny B. Nice to meet you. I know there are lots of readers who never posted - I think I waited a bit before I posted at the PI all those years ago. Keep with it, friend.

Wow, HawkWow. Tis more than a person should have to endure, your experiences. I'm happy you are with us & that you've managed to keep a sunny outlook in spite of the shizzle. Keep on keepin' on. Were I you, I may commit that series of happenings into a book or screenplay. Keep Calm & Hawk On

Yeah, Sis.
Welcome to the shack. A reasoned contribution is always welcome to any forum.
Pretty much guaranteed the crapola of the last days of the PI forum won't happen here.
It seems like every time I clicked on that link my boss was nearby. Ouch! And it was over the top by any criteria.
I'm glad you found your way here.
The earth is again spinning in greased grooves.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:15 am

NorthHawk wrote:
Hawk Sista wrote:Welcome to the Shack, Johnny B. Nice to meet you. I know there are lots of readers who never posted - I think I waited a bit before I posted at the PI all those years ago. Keep with it, friend.

Yeah, Sis.
Welcome to the shack. A reasoned contribution is always welcome to any forum.
Pretty much guaranteed the crapola of the last days of the PI forum won't happen here.
It seems like every time I clicked on that link my boss was nearby. Ouch! And it was over the top by any criteria.
I'm glad you found your way here.
The earth is again spinning in greased grooves.

I'm glad I'm not the only male participant that was concerned about how that last PI thread might be interpreted by our one lady friend. I was beginning to think I was old fashioned.
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum