Bill Leavy calls a great game.

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Bill Leavy calls a great game.

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:26 am

Did any of you notice that? I had to pinch myself. They stayed out of the way of the players and let them play.
They called the obvious calls and they were right most of the time.

Amazing what an NFL downgrade of your crew in September will do for refs. Of course he will never be able to make up for the bs he pulled on us in 2005 but that being said, I was shocked that he performed so well.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Re: Bill Leavy calls a great game.

Postby rottweiler » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:34 am

Up yours, Leavy.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 am

rottweiler wrote:Up yours, Leavy.

That's being too nice.
Clem7
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 am

Well now that he entire NFL knows he sucks, he is laying low now. Hope he stays downgraded for a couple more years so we can get some rings.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 am

If he keeps being unnoticed, maybe he will end up in the Super Bowl by default.
The rest of them sure aren't making any names for themselves for good calls.

Up yours, Leavy.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:40 am

NorthHawk wrote:If he keeps being unnoticed, maybe he will end up in the Super Bowl by default.

Up yours, Leavy.

There's no way in hell the NFL is going to allow Bill Leavy to come anywhere close to a playoff game of ours, let alone the SB. If we make it to the SB, there's going to be enough talk about XL even without Leavy. They'd let Aaron Hernandez toss the coin before they'd let Leavy ref in a SB that the Hawks are in.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:28 am

RiverDog wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:If he keeps being unnoticed, maybe he will end up in the Super Bowl by default.

Up yours, Leavy.

There's no way in hell the NFL is going to allow Bill Leavy to come anywhere close to a playoff game of ours, let alone the SB. If we make it to the SB, there's going to be enough talk about XL even without Leavy. They'd let Aaron Hernandez toss the coin before they'd let Leavy ref in a SB that the Hawks are in.

+1
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

Had Leavy's crew not made two major mistakes early in the season he probably would have been the SB Ref this year. His crew has had a very good year. Those two mistakes will cost him though. I'm thinking we will see Pete Morelli or Gene Steratore for the big game.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 am

Overall it was an OK job by the officials. In 2 of our last 3 games the officials have let the receivers and DBs play,which greatly favors Seattle. My biggest issue with a non call/incorrect call was the 2 hits on our punter. The first one was clearly running into the punter which would have been a first down. The second could easily have been called roughing. One constant with Seattle this season has been that they absolutely cannot get a holding call. And for the evil Levy, every time he watched a Hawks lineman get held and left the flag in his pocket I flashed back 8 years. I hate him, he should have lost his job in feb of 06. His admission of "booting a couple of calls in the 4th quarter" was so weak, so late it made me detest him even more. Every time I see him I want to puke.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 am

Hawktawk wrote:Overall it was an OK job by the officials. In 2 of our last 3 games the officials have let the receivers and DBs play,which greatly favors Seattle. My biggest issue with a non call/incorrect call was the 2 hits on our punter. The first one was clearly running into the punter which would have been a first down. The second could easily have been called roughing. One constant with Seattle this season has been that they absolutely cannot get a holding call. And for the evil Levy, every time he watched a Hawks lineman get held and left the flag in his pocket I flashed back 8 years. I hate him, he should have lost his job in feb of 06. His admission of "booting a couple of calls in the 4th quarter" was so weak, so late it made me detest him even more. Every time I see him I want to puke.

He singlehandedly took away our trophy. Or at least changed our momentum. Of course our allowing that million yard run by Parker did not help either. Re Leavy: what comes around goes around. And he used to be a police officer AND a firefighter.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:08 pm

Willie Parker scored on a 3rd and 9 play that was aided by 2 factors. 1 being the injury to Manuel earlier in the game, the second being a blatant hold on Fisher in the hole by Heath Miller. Bens non TD wouldn't have been an issue without a classic takedown by Faneca on DD Lewis.Heinz Ward pushed off on a defenders face mask so violently he bent his head backwards to get open and convert a 3rd down ending in a scoring drive. The official was 10 feet from the play, just like on SA's classic horse collar.For every ticky tack or non existent call on Seattle there was a corresponding no call on the Stealers. Please dont get me started, the game was a farce from beginning to end, by any standard.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 am

Hawktawk wrote:Willie Parker scored on a 3rd and 9 play that was aided by 2 factors. 1 being the injury to Manuel earlier in the game, the second being a blatant hold on Fisher in the hole by Heath Miller. Bens non TD wouldn't have been an issue without a classic takedown by Faneca on DD Lewis.Heinz Ward pushed off on a defenders face mask so violently he bent his head backwards to get open and convert a 3rd down ending in a scoring drive. The official was 10 feet from the play, just like on SA's classic horse collar.For every ticky tack or non existent call on Seattle there was a corresponding no call on the Stealers. Please dont get me started, the game was a farce from beginning to end, by any standard.

AMEN! I forgot about Manuel's injury AND the hold. All in all, you could PATENTLY see the bias of the officials in that game.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby PasadenaHawk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Believe it or not, I haven't watched a Super Bowl since 40. I swore that day I wouldn't until the Hawks returned. Of course, I thought we would be back the next year.
PasadenaHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

PasadenaHawk wrote:Believe it or not, I haven't watched a Super Bowl since 40. I swore that day I wouldn't until the Hawks returned. Of course, I thought we would be back the next year.

I had no clue! Well. Can't blame you.

Hope to see you back watching this season! Welcome Pasadena Hawk.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:25 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
PasadenaHawk wrote:Believe it or not, I haven't watched a Super Bowl since 40. I swore that day I wouldn't until the Hawks returned. Of course, I thought we would be back the next year.

Wow! I cant turn off the SB even though I have steadfastly believed the refs in XL had a blatant agenda to deny the Hawks a victory. it was a SB like no other.

If we get there this year and it happens again I may just turn the sport off. It can be done, I havent followed the NBA since that evil man Bennett stole our Sonics with the help of the vile reptilian sleaze David Stern.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:43 am

Hawktawk wrote:
Eaglehawk wrote:

Wow! I cant turn off the SB even though I have steadfastly believed the refs in XL had a blatant agenda to deny the Hawks a victory. it was a SB like no other.

If we get there this year and it happens again I may just turn the sport off. It can be done, I havent followed the NBA since that evil man Bennett stole our Sonics with the help of the vile reptilian sleaze David Stern.

I don't know if I could bring myself to do that, but I certainly understand your sentiment. If I see the game being rigged again I will seriously suspect foul play.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 pm

That is awesome, man.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 pm

RiverDog wrote:

Up yours, Leavy.

They'd let Aaron Hernandez toss the coin before they'd let Leavy ref in a SB that the Hawks are in.

Thats the funniest thing I've ever heard you say, RD!! ROFLMAOO&O
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum