Playoff Officiating

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Playoff Officiating

Postby CascadeHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:45 am

I have to say that the one thing that scares the bejezzus out of me come playoff time is the officiating. If there is anything that could be the kryptonite to the Seahawk's super bowl run, it's penalties and the inconsistent officiating that I have witnessed this year.

A perfect example of this was the arm bar that the Ravens corner put on the Lions receiver in the end zone last night. The penalty was about as obvious as it could possibly be with the back judge 15 yards away watching the whole thing. It was a horrible non-call and and I believe it cost the Lions the game, since they settled for three points instead of 1st and 10 on the one yard line.

I just hope we see more consistency from the officials during the playoffs. *fingers crossed*
CascadeHawk
Legacy

Re: Playoff Officiating

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:48 am

Consistency is the key.
Just call penalties the same for both sides all game long.
That's all we can ask.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:58 am

I'm not worried about it. I doubt that any official is going to want to call attention to themselves in a big game, thus I think there will be a tendency for them to let the players play, which should be to our advantage. I don't think they'll listen to that sniveling crybaby Jim Harbaugh like they did a couple weeks ago.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:48 pm

The thought scares the crap outta me, too.

Bet we're about to see a whole bunch of questionable PI calls in these last two weeks leading up to the playoffs as well.

The NFL has to do its part to make sure the League's more storied teams make it into the mix. That's what makes them money, you know. And that's what you should follow, if you want the truth.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Although if they were really good businessmen, they would grow the brands where there is a lot of room to expand.
A new kid on the block like Seattle could mean a huge new revenue stream if you consider how well we are beginning to travel.
I never have seen such support at other stadiums as I've seen this year.
The Seahawks may be the next big thing with their swagger and then backing it up.
The only downside for us is the bandwagoners.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Although if they were really good businessmen, they would grow the brands where there is a lot of room to expand.
A new kid on the block like Seattle could mean a huge new revenue stream if you consider how well we are beginning to travel.
I never have seen such support at other stadiums as I've seen this year.
The Seahawks may be the next big thing with their swagger and then backing it up.
The only downside for us is the bandwagoners.

Those bandwagoners are what is going to "sell" the Hawks to the NFL North, as much as I dislike the "fans" that couldn't name a starter not named Lynch, Wilson or Sherman over the last 20 years, I know how the NFL works, that "support" IS what is going to turn this team into the next Pats, Steelers,Ravens whatever, the NFL wants money, and while having a "loyal" fan base is great, it doesn't expand the profits all that much. Just grin and bear it man, if that is what it takes to get several Lombardi's in Seattle, I can bite my tongue... :)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Anthony » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 pm

RiverDog wrote:I'm not worried about it. I doubt that any official is going to want to call attention to themselves in a big game, thus I think there will be a tendency for them to let the players play, which should be to our advantage. I don't think they'll listen to that sniveling crybaby Jim Harbaugh like they did a couple weeks ago.

yeah that worked well for us in our SB appearance didn't it.
Anthony
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Ultimately, I think the Seahawks' trend of winning despite being one to the top penalized teams continues. It is what it is. the refs are who they are.

The are who we thought they were! :)

We'll be ok.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:28 am

Can't control what the refs decide to do. They shanked us during XL. But we didn't put a beatdown on our opponent when we should have back then.

This time around I think things will be different. Sure the refs may flag us here and there. All it will do is get us mad. I get the sense that our team knows how to limit penalties now. Much better than during mid-season.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:35 am

Anthony wrote:
RiverDog wrote:I'm not worried about it. I doubt that any official is going to want to call attention to themselves in a big game, thus I think there will be a tendency for them to let the players play, which should be to our advantage. I don't think they'll listen to that sniveling crybaby Jim Harbaugh like they did a couple weeks ago.

yeah that worked well for us in our SB appearance didn't it.

Which is one of the reasons why I think it won't be a problem for us this time around. If we make it to the SB, it's going to be a free-for-all out there.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum