Upgrading the Offensive Line through Free Agency

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Upgrading the Offensive Line through Free Agency

Postby savvyman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Who are the candidates?

If the hawks can agree to terms with Breno then an upgrade at Guard could be possible?

Could the best value at Guard in the entire free agency market be a little known Bi-Polar Bully who was cut from the Dolphins mid-season?
savvyman
Legacy

Re: Upgrading the Offensive Line through Free Agency

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Pass, and um, pass.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Hawk Sista » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Pass on bi-polar bully. Resign McQ & Breno. Draft FAT!
Hawk Sista
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52 pm

The bi-polar bully is toast in the NFL, (in fact he's circling the drain as a human being) ... he'll never play again.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:04 pm

Honestly I could care less if he did or didn't play again, and hopefully he gets himself right, wouldn't have a problem with him getting right, and playing again, just not on THIS team. Someone else wants to pay him low, and pray that they get the 1 out of 10 "good" season from him, with no problems, good for him or possibly them. SB teams shouldn't be taking chances on guys with talent, but problems living life ( at all) that could possibly divide a locker room, and no matter what anyone says about the shared guilt, that is EXACTLY what happened in Miami, and St. Louis with him.

So pass, and pass, and um pass, and then pass.....
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 pm

well with our current trend that John Schneider carried over from his days under Ted Thompson with Packers regime... it is clear they don't covet Free Agent OL. This will be and will continue to be a Draft Solution.

Draft and Develop.

Draft and Develop

Draft and Develop

Other than Russell Okung, it has been pretty crappy, James Carpenter-Dud; John Moffit-history; Ryan Seymour-Gone; JR Sweezy-converted OL starter; Michael Bowie-Project

So this year our answers will again probably be draft. As much as I am not a Breno Fan, I would love to see Seattle trade up and snag Taylor Lewan. However he killed it at the combine so his stock went way up and he probably will got in top 15
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:26 pm

The teams in front of us needing a T might get one in FA as there are a few that could help them immediately,
Monroe,
Veldheer,
Albert, and
Saffold
Are some of the notable ones. It could mean a good T might be there at 32, but if not, this is supposed to be a good draft for OL so with some moving down and up we might see a good pick for at least RT.

I hope the thinking is Defense in FA (or retaining our FA's), and drafting Offense.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 pm

c_hawkbob wrote:The bi-polar bully is toast in the NFL, (in fact he's circling the drain as a human being) ... he'll never play again.

Well who knows but I expect to see him back again. Primarily because what other choice does he have?

He's always been a tough guy on the field and many NFL players speak well of him ( I imagine as a football player....)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/17/vernon-davis-richie-incognito-is-a-great-guy/

He would be a significant upgrade over Carpenter at left guard - and that would give the hawks one of the nastiest offensive lines in the league with Okung, Sweezy, and the big Russian if he re-signs.

People would be worried about him corrupting the locker room? Lol - There are way too many strong players on this team who would keep him in line if he reverted to some of his past behavior (which I would find very unlikely after what he has gone through and with the spotlight that will be on him moving forward). And also a strong coaching staff with Carroll, Cable, Ken Nortion, etc.. - Rest easy people no one would come in this locker room and overrun all these people.

Ritchie still grades very high and would come very cheap.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-guards/
savvyman
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:54 pm

I really want to know what you guys who want to bring Incognito on are smoking. Not only is he a piece of garbage he really isn't that good. He's been in the league 10 years and went to 1 pro bowl. He wasn't playing all that well before the bullying scandal last year. He'll be north of 30 when the season starts and he has been kicked off every team he's played for past the High School level.

He had a lot of potential when he was young, which is why he had so many chances, but he has never realized that potential, he only got a whiff of it in one season.

You guys act like he's Steve Hutchinson with character flaws or something. What you're really looking at is Santonio Holmes playing offensive guard. A knucklehead with one good season and a ton of wasted potential who's skills are only going to decline from this point forward. Not only is he getting older but he has mentally broken in the offseason, but you think he's going to return to the form of the 1 year out of 10 he had where he was good?

You want to gamble the magic that we have in our lockerroom on that? Plus you're taking the most likeable team the city has had in forever and you want to bring in a guy I wouldn't have wanted to root for before Jonathan Martin? No thanks.

*smh*
kalibane
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:10 pm

c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

kalibane wrote:I really want to know what you guys who want to bring Incognito on are smoking. Not only is he a piece of garbage he really isn't that good. He's been in the league 10 years and went to 1 pro bowl. He wasn't playing all that well before the bullying scandal last year. He'll be north of 30 when the season starts and he has been kicked off every team he's played for past the High School level.

He had a lot of potential when he was young, which is why he had so many chances, but he has never realized that potential, he only got a whiff of it in one season.

You guys act like he's Steve Hutchinson with character flaws or something. What you're really looking at is Santonio Holmes playing offensive guard. A knucklehead with one good season and a ton of wasted potential who's skills are only going to decline from this point forward. Not only is he getting older but he has mentally broken in the offseason, but you think he's going to return to the form of the 1 year out of 10 he had where he was good?

You want to gamble the magic that we have in our lockerroom on that? Plus you're taking the most likeable team the city has had in forever and you want to bring in a guy I wouldn't have wanted to root for before Jonathan Martin? No thanks.

*smh*

Please edit to say "a guy" not "you guys" ..... LOL
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:20 pm

lol, ah, man.

Incognito...

...is finito!
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Please edit to say "a guy" not "you guys" ..... LOL

Lol Well the sentiment had been expressed by at least one other person prior to this thread being created so thus "guys". I know most people here don't want any part of the guy.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 pm

Only organization fit to sign Incognito is the WWE
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby briwas101 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

To the person/people wanting Incognito: your calendar is off, it isn't april fools so we didn't get your joke.
briwas101
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Rumors - San Francisco Makes play for Jonathan Martin.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 8669892608

Expanding on the earlier thread about increasing the rivalry between Hawks and 49er's if they were to sign Revis - This would be miniscule compared to the introduction of Martin signing with the 49ers and we sign Incognito. - I smell ratings Gold! Lol
savvyman
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 am

I've never advocated going after Incognito, pretty much took a neutral position on the matter by saying that if Pete and John were OK with it, I wouldn't complain.

Martin, on the other hand, could have been a sleeper, and we desperately need some depth on the OL, especially if we let Breno and McQ go, but it's a moot point now that he's been traded to the Niners.

Now that Bennett is in the fold, the attention has to turn to the OL, more so than resigning Tate. It's our Achilles heal.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 am

With Breno possibly signing with the Jets, it's real important to get someone who can play RT.
I don't know if Bowie or Bailey are the answer - maybe the FO thinks one or both of them are, but even then, we need both depth and competition all along the OL.
Add in Okung's yearly injury and we are missing quality depth along the line.
I think they need to pick someone up and draft some OL, too.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

I know he's been somewhat of a dissapointment since his rookie year but I'm wondering about a guy like Michael Oher for depth since he doesn't seem to be getting much interest out there. At the very least he has experience playing both tackle positions, he played in a zone scheme and he's only 27. Might be worth seeing what Cable can do with him. I have a hard time believing he could be worse than McQuistan as a fill in for Okung.

This is obviously only if he comes on the cheap. This really isn't a great FA class for linemen. They are going to have to find some guys in the draft or maybe some late releases.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 am

NorthHawk wrote:With Breno possibly signing with the Jets, it's real important to get someone who can play RT.
I don't know if Bowie or Bailey are the answer - maybe the FO thinks one or both of them are, but even then, we need both depth and competition all along the OL.
Add in Okung's yearly injury and we are missing quality depth along the line.
I think they need to pick someone up and draft some OL, too.

I'm of the same mind. No doubt BPA (for linemen). You never know with these guys, they probably have their eyes on some steal as it is now. Someone not on their radar.

Problem is that other teams are also eyeing the seahawks every move now. Which means that teams may not have to do anything just log which cities our scouts go to and who they see(if they find out) and that is it.

Not sure if that is how it works though.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Myself - I think we will be OK without signing Jared Allen or another Outside Edge Rusher. I would rather see the resources used to sign Jason Hatcher for interior rush (However not if there is a bidding war because I think Hatcher at his age will choose money over superbowl ring potential).

What I would like to see is movement on getting some big uglies signed,

Tackles who are available:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-offensive-tackles/

Guards who are available:

savvyman
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Uh Oh

Kind of a cryptic, foreshadowing tweet?

https://twitter.com/68Breno/status/443841180292640768
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:17 am

savvyman wrote:Myself - I think we will be OK without signing Jared Allen or another Outside Edge Rusher. I would rather see the resources used to sign Jason Hatcher for interior rush (However not if there is a bidding war because I think Hatcher at his age will choose money over superbowl ring potential).

What I would like to see is movement on getting some big uglies signed,

Tackles who are available:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-offensive-tackles/

Guards who are available:

A lot of the Guards and Tackles on these lists are signed -
Maybe as said above, Oher might be an answer at RT?
I get the feeling his play has dropped off the last few years. Is that true or just my perception?
If he does land here, he could also fill in at LT when Okung gets hurt.

I also hope they select Antonio Richardson at 32 - either him or JuWan James in the 2nd. Boylhart of The Huddle Report says he's the better OT if you put any stock in his evaluations.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

Oher's play has definitely dropped off the last few years. I only suggested him because he's still youngish and figured Tom Cable might be able to coach him up. I'd also not want him to be "the" answer at right tackle, but on a cheap contract give him an opportunity to compete for the starting RT and if he doesn't win the job at least he's a versatile depth guy.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 am

Zorn76 wrote:lol, ah, man.

Incognito...

...is finito!

His goose is cooked.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:58 pm

kalibane wrote:Oher's play has definitely dropped off the last few years. I only suggested him because he's still youngish and figured Tom Cable might be able to coach him up. I'd also not want him to be "the" answer at right tackle, but on a cheap contract give him an opportunity to compete for the starting RT and if he doesn't win the job at least he's a versatile depth guy.

Do you have that much respect for Tom Cable? I've questioned his judgment ever since someone on the Hawks staff thought that James Carpenter had the makings for an NFL offensive tackle. I understand that Pete and John haven't given him a whole lot to work with, but the offensive line has been our Achilles heal ever since he came here, and at least some of that has to be laid at Cable's feet.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Seems to me versatility is a HUGE deal to both Carroll, the FO and Cable. Carpenter fits that mold, no matter anyone heres opinion of him, as does Bowie and Bailey, McQuistan before them, Jeanpierre etc. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to see that is a MAJOR portion of how they evaluate their lineman. Cable likes guys that are maulers, and did before he showed up in Seattle. Carpenter, Sweezy and Giacomini all filled that role, I am not happy with the lines play, however Cable may deserve some of the blame for Carpenter and Moffitt as well, however, on that same note, he would then deserve credit for the improvements of Bowie, Bailey, Giacomini, Unger, Okung etc as well, as ALL have improved under him.

There are two sides to every coin.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm

I liked Cable, but he has definitely screwed up here and there. Most coaches do though.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Seems to me versatility is a HUGE deal to both Carroll, the FO and Cable. Carpenter fits that mold, no matter anyone heres opinion of him, as does Bowie and Bailey, McQuistan before them, Jeanpierre etc. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to see that is a MAJOR portion of how they evaluate their lineman. Cable likes guys that are maulers, and did before he showed up in Seattle. Carpenter, Sweezy and Giacomini all filled that role, I am not happy with the lines play, however Cable may deserve some of the blame for Carpenter and Moffitt as well, however, on that same note, he would then deserve credit for the improvements of Bowie, Bailey, Giacomini, Unger, Okung etc as well, as ALL have improved under him.

Not convinced by that resume, HC. You expect players to improve, and I don't see any great diamonds in the rough in those players you mention, at least not compared to the types of diamonds that were unveiled on our defense.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 pm

RiverDog wrote:
HumanCockroach wrote:Seems to me versatility is a HUGE deal to both Carroll, the FO and Cable. Carpenter fits that mold, no matter anyone heres opinion of him, as does Bowie and Bailey, McQuistan before them, Jeanpierre etc. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to see that is a MAJOR portion of how they evaluate their lineman. Cable likes guys that are maulers, and did before he showed up in Seattle. Carpenter, Sweezy and Giacomini all filled that role, I am not happy with the lines play, however Cable may deserve some of the blame for Carpenter and Moffitt as well, however, on that same note, he would then deserve credit for the improvements of Bowie, Bailey, Giacomini, Unger, Okung etc as well, as ALL have improved under him.

Not convinced by that resume, HC. You expect players to improve, and I don't see any great diamonds in the rough in those players you mention, at least not compared to the types of diamonds that were unveiled on our defense.

I don't need or am at all trying to "convince" you. You are simply attempting to pick to what you want. You can claim that the players that were here simply "improved", but the facts of the matter are, that Unger wasn't an All Pro, or pro bowler, nor was Okung a Pro Bowler, Sweezy, Bowie and Bailey were indeed "diamonds" in the ruff, if you actually consider what and where they came from. Be my guest believing converted lineman drafted in the 7th round, 7th round draft picks and UDFA players regularly turn into starting caliber lineman in the NFL.I ain't riding that train with you.

As I said, 2 sides to the coin, you want to lay blame, that's fair, but for the love of Pete, please stop pretending. Like you can get something for nothing in every situation. There is ONE lineman on this team drafted in the first half of the first round who can't stay on the field, and a second round talent taken at the very end of the first round, beyond that, you have a bunch of castoffs and no names. Either way, he gets blame, he should get credit as well.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Every position along our OL could be challenged. Should be, really.

Okung has missed too much time to be banked on.

Unger is good, probably safe, but at times his undersize really sticks out, particularly on running downs.

RT and both G slots should be an open competition this spring. I really wouldn't mind seeing Pete get 3 new starters in there to go along with RO & MU. They don't even have to be tons better, really, though it'd help, lol. Just don't cough up 44 sacks this season and give Beast a lil' bigger hole to run through.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Just to be clear. I am NOT saying that line doesn't need improvement, or that better players shouldn't be a priority, just pointing out, if you are willing to place blame at someones feet, you have to look at both sides of the story, not just the one that suits your feelings on the matter.

Of course I think they can and SHOULD improve the situation, just not in the least sold that the talent but not the improvements should be laid at one persons feet.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:51 am

HumanCockroach wrote:
RiverDog wrote:

I don't need or am at all trying to "convince" you. You are simply attempting to pick to what you want. You can claim that the players that were here simply "improved", but the facts of the matter are, that Unger wasn't an All Pro, or pro bowler, nor was Okung a Pro Bowler, Sweezy, Bowie and Bailey were indeed "diamonds" in the ruff, if you actually consider what and where they came from. Be my guest believing converted lineman drafted in the 7th round, 7th round draft picks and UDFA players regularly turn into starting caliber lineman in the NFL.I ain't riding that train with you.

As I said, 2 sides to the coin, you want to lay blame, that's fair, but for the love of Pete, please stop pretending. Like you can get something for nothing in every situation. There is ONE lineman on this team drafted in the first half of the first round who can't stay on the field, and a second round talent taken at the very end of the first round, beyond that, you have a bunch of castoffs and no names. Either way, he gets blame, he should get credit as well.

I don't think we credit Cable for Okung's one Pro Bowl season. He was the 6th overall pick in the draft, and his one Pro Bowl season as it was the only one where he remained healthy the entire season. Many observers felt him to be the best LT prospect coming out of college, so it's evident that he was already pretty good, or at least had a pretty wide slate for Cable to write on. I don't really see a progression of steady improvement or evidence of Cable coaching him up.

Unger has progressed, but the guy makes a lot of mistakes, too many in my opinion, for a Pro Bowl center. But I'm willing to give that one to you. But Sweezy, Bowie, and Bailey? Maybe some day, but none of those guys have progressed into solid NFL quality starters. Again, not saying it won't happen, just saying that the evidence isn't readily apparent. And don't forget about Carpenter. Who ever thought he had the capability to be an NFL tackle ought to have their head examined.

Understood that Pete hasn't given Cable a lot of resources, and I'm not trying to assign blame. All I am saying is that I haven't seen a mountain of evidence that Cable has done a fantastic job of molding our offensive line into a SB worthy unit. It's basically remained much as it was since before his arrival, a unit that is a weak spot on our team. It's the one, perhaps only, area of our team that's a lot weaker than the other SB contending teams we had under Holmgren.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 am

I'm becoming more convinced our FO thinks of the OL as a secondary to the DL concern.
Why is it every time a player is coming in for a visit it's DL?
Now it Melton and no doubt if he passes the physical he can help, but there are still some Guards and Tackles out there that can compete for Breno's old spot.

When was the last OL FA that came here and was seriously considered?
I can't even remember it.
I think protecting Wilson should be the #1 priority. If we don't do that, he will begin a series of injury riddled years, and we will be stuck with 1 Super Bowl win when we could have a few.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

NorthHawk wrote:I'm becoming more convinced our FO thinks of the OL as a secondary to the DL concern.
Why is it every time a player is coming in for a visit it's DL?
Now it Melton and no doubt if he passes the physical he can help, but there are still some Guards and Tackles out there that can compete for Breno's old spot.

When was the last OL FA that came here and was seriously considered?
I can't even remember it.
I think protecting Wilson should be the #1 priority. If we don't do that, he will begin a series of injury riddled years, and we will be stuck with 1 Super Bowl win when we could have a few.

I agree. Our OL has been neglected for the past several years. Can you imagine what our team would have looked like had it not been for Russell Wilson's mobility? It's almost a Heal Thyself approach by Pete and John. We drafted Carpenter at #1 and Moffitt at #3 in 2011, but nothing close to that high since and no major free agents. Now Moffitt is gone and Carpenter is a half step away from being a complete bust. So much for our high OL draft picks.

I don't know how much of this falls at Cable's feet, but he's either not pressing his case hard enough, Pete's not listening to him, or the players Cable has had he hasn't developed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby kalibane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Two guys can just be busts. Moffitt clearly didn't have his heart in football, thus his retirement. Carpenter was just a flat out bad pick and to be honest look at the players out of Alabama since Saban has been there. They are physically dominant but almost all of them have really underachieved as pros. Julio Jones is the only guy I can think of off the top of my head who has matched his pre-draft hype. Eddy Lacy looks promising and Mark Barron looks like he has a shot. Aside from those three guys, look at this list of 1st and 2nd rounders that Saban has produced:

Andre Smith
Rolando McClain
Kareem Jackson
Javier Arenas
Terrance Cody
James Carpenter
Mark Ingram
Trent Richardson
Dre Kirkpatrick
Donte Hightower
Courtney Upshaw
Dee Milliner
Chance Warmack
D.J. Fluker

Now I just listed the players taken in the first two rounds but it's not like I'm cherry picking. Saban has had 36 players taken in the draft since he's been at Alabama. Collectively they have made 2 pro-bowls. Something ain't right in Tuscaloosa.
kalibane
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:17 pm

I think Fluker has a real chance to be good.
It seems like some of the other guys have been beat up pretty good by the time they get to the NFL. If you can get a Jr from Alabama, he might still have a lot of tread left.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm

kalibane wrote: Something ain't right in Tuscaloosa.

Or something is SO right, that it causes us to think that individually they are better players than they are, because of the system?
Just throwing that out there, though I absolutely get your point, and agree.
Still it's a bit frustrating when you have two linemen from the same draft, both of whom were being counted on to be big pieces to the offensive line puzzle, abjectly fail.
Two HUGE flops.
Worse yet, we all knew it was coming on draft day when the names were announced. We all held out hope that the coaches knew something we didn't, but that wasn't the case. They were just, seemingly inexplicably bad picks, which was made more frustrating by the fact that nearly everything else they were doing in the draft (with a few exceptions of course), was a virtual masterpiece.
How can we be so good at picking players on every other part of the team, then fail so miserably on the line?
That's when you start wondering about the logic of letting Cable have so much say so in drafting the big uglies...at least I do.

I'm not trying to get all negative Nancy here, the front office has more than earned all kinds of slack, and I will absolutely give it time ot play out, but this part of the team, the o-line, is somewhat worrying, and if not fixed sooner rather than later could bite us HARD. Remember, we are trying to protect a legitimately great franchise QB here, doing that ought to be as high priority as it comes.
monkey
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm

monkey wrote:
kalibane wrote: Something ain't right in Tuscaloosa.

Or something is SO right, that it causes us to think that individually they are better players than they are, because of the system?
Just throwing that out there, though I absolutely get your point, and agree.
Still it's a bit frustrating when you have two linemen from the same draft, both of whom were being counted on to be big pieces to the offensive line puzzle, abjectly fail.
Two HUGE flops.
Worse yet, we all knew it was coming on draft day when the names were announced. We all held out hope that the coaches knew something we didn't, but that wasn't the case. They were just, seemingly inexplicably bad picks, which was made more frustrating by the fact that nearly everything else they were doing in the draft (with a few exceptions of course), was a virtual masterpiece.
How can we be so good at picking players on every other part of the team, then fail so miserably on the line?
That's when you start wondering about the logic of letting Cable have so much say so in drafting the big uglies...at least I do.

I'm not trying to get all negative Nancy here, the front office has more than earned all kinds of slack, and I will absolutely give it time ot play out, but this part of the team, the o-line, is somewhat worrying, and if not fixed sooner rather than later could bite us HARD. Remember, we are trying to protect a legitimately great franchise QB here, doing that ought to be as high priority as it comes.

Yes this is why Schneider has said repeatedly why you do not want to approach the draft by drafting from a position of need - instead you want to draft the best player available (see Russell Wilson for example) when you turn comes around. In 2011 we reached by drafting for need with Carpenter and Moffitt. This is why people should be concerned when they hear of using the draft to shore up our offensive line.

However in the end I have excellent confidence in the front office and their decision making abilities.
savvyman
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:13 pm

By not addressing the OL in Free Agency, they are in fact putting us in a position of drafting for need (although every team drafts for need - in this case it might be a greater need).
NorthHawk
Legacy

Next

Return to Seahawks Forum