Russell Wilson

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Either way, it’s good for our draft picks next year.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:34 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Shut him down. He may be able to come back this season, but, regardless of how long it takes for him to get better, it ain’t worth getting beat up more and maybe making it worse with the money they have tied to him. Denver doesn’t look like a contender this season anyway. Not worth throwing your franchise QB away

I don't think he's that hurt. He still needs to build timing with his receives and O-line and continue to learn the offense.

Hackett is probably done this year. They will bring another coach in to try to get Denver moving in the right direction.

But this year our draft picks are looking to be high. My dream is a top five pick from Denver and we draft some crazy defensive line guy in the 1st and a strong LB in the 2nd.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:30 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't think he's that hurt. He still needs to build timing with his receives and O-line and continue to learn the offense.

Hackett is probably done this year. They will bring another coach in to try to get Denver moving in the right direction.

But this year our draft picks are looking to be high. My dream is a top five pick from Denver and we draft some crazy defensive line guy in the 1st and a strong LB in the 2nd.

If the Broncos were to fire Hackett, who would they replace him with? Sean Payton would be the logical choice, but the Saints still hold the rights to him, so the Donkeys would have to give them some sort of compensation, and after the Wilson trade, they're pretty short in draft capital.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:32 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:In the past, a guy playing hurt was looked at as a tough guy and respected. Now he's viewed as damaging the team. How times change.

Yep. He's got some time to get well.

That's true. Willis Reed and Kirk Gibson come to mind. Rub a little dirt on it. Tape an aspirin to it. Or so said my high school coaches.[/quote]

It depends on the injury . Russ played adequately with several leg issues and a small
Pec tear a few years back . Not great but good enough . Last year yanking out a pin 3 weeks early to rush back and help a team coming off a 31-7 win ? Not so much and that injury may still be affecting his throws. And he did it for attention. He knew he was not a better option . This thing ? I don’t care . I don’t root for the man to be injured but good luck dealing with his BS. Sounds like he’s already going with his own medical team .

And this is for those who say nobody works harder than Russell . That’s not true and the results are showing . You don’t jet set around the globe on a new team , in a new system , having your “team “ bringing you information on the playbook while you’re in Monaco . Sitting out the preseason . I’m amazed so few saw this coming . Melvin Gordon was answering questions about the new QBs location along with Hackett over the summer . This isn’t a surprise .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:38 pm

RiverDog wrote:If the Broncos were to fire Hackett, who would they replace him with? Sean Payton would be the logical choice, but the Saints still hold the rights to him, so the Donkeys would have to give them some sort of compensation, and after the Wilson trade, they're pretty short in draft capital.

Sean Payton sounds like he might be interested. But who knows. Hackett looks like he can't handle it though.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:45 pm

Maybe he isn’t hurt that bad, but I hear torn and a part of human anatomy and that doesn’t sound good. Point is, play if it is soundly advisable to do so. Otherwise, don’t be a hero. Russel came back way too early from that broken finger last year.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:18 pm

Keep Hackett . We want the pick . Payton could get to the playoffs with Rypien with that defense . Geno could .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 pm

RiverDog wrote:Where was it that I said that Geno was our next franchise QB? I haven't even acknowledged him as a competent starting quarterback yet.

You didnt I think it was HT or ASHF, probably Talky.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 pm

obiken wrote:You didnt I think it was HT or ASHF, probably Talky.

C'mon, Obi. You know I would never say that seriously.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:57 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Maybe he isn’t hurt that bad, but I hear torn and a part of human anatomy and that doesn’t sound good. Point is, play if it is soundly advisable to do so. Otherwise, don’t be a hero. Russel came back way too early from that broken finger last year.

It depends on the degree the tear. Muscle tears sound terrible, but they can range from anything to what we call a pulled muscle to a real tear where you see serious bruising and require surgery. It depends on to what degree. Even working out causes microtears in the muscle that adapt and repair getting stronger. I'm figuring if Russ is still playing, he must have a muscle pull with some impairment and pain. Probably why his throws looked off and he didn't have that force he usually throws with. If that keeps up, it would be better to bench him. His O-line is really bad right now too. So he's going to take a lot of hits, especially after losing his starting LT. Hard to run a WCO with no O-line.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:58 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Keep Hackett . We want the pick . Payton could get to the playoffs with Rypien with that defense . Geno could .

Payton’s rights belong to the Saints and any team wanting to sign him would probably have to give up draft picks which
belong to us for the first 2 rounds. In the past the compensation has been more than 1 first rounder, so what could
the Broncos offer the Saints to sign Payton? Starting players, perhaps but that might mean Payton would balk at
going to a team with a depleted roster and few high round selections.

edit: We have the Broncos high picks to be clear.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:16 am

Payton wants no part of Wilson imo. He didn’t listen to Pete . He don’t listen to Hackett . Why will he listen to Payton ? Besides heres this shiny object coach that last went to a super bowl 4 years before Pete with a sure fire HOF Qb and loaded teams around him . Where’s the beef ? As for the man not saying he isn’t interested in Denver . The team is competetive every game with the worst offense in the league .

I’m expecting they sit him with the injury or if he plays poorly again it’s a team revolt.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:55 am

Payton's likely going to become the Cowboy's next coach, so the discussion of him going to Denver is likely moot. However, Payton is unquestionably the most credible offensive minded coach that is available. Drew Brees is the QB that Russell says that he admired most and patterned his own game after, so the two would seem to be a perfect fit.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:14 am

Cowboys makes sense for him and I would guess it’s his dream job but Cooper Rush is ruining it for him . Dak (Stevie wonder ) will be back so there’s hope for Payton . As for Russels game it does not remotely resemble Brees game in his later years . Brees became a deadly pocket passer who stood on his tiptoes in the pocket , deadly accurate . Team first guy loved by his teammates . Russ is an undisciplined inaccurate mess . And his injury occurred after he went 4-14 to start ve Texans. He’s no Drew Brees
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:36 am

Hawktawk wrote:Cowboys makes sense for him and I would guess it’s his dream job but Cooper Rush is ruining it for him . Dak (Stevie wonder ) will be back so there’s hope for Payton . As for Russels game it does not remotely resemble Brees game in his later years . Brees became a deadly pocket passer who stood on his tiptoes in the pocket , deadly accurate . Team first guy loved by his teammates . Russ is an undisciplined inaccurate mess . And his injury occurred after he went 4-14 to start ve Texans. He’s no Drew Brees

No he wants no part of being a Jerry's kid. It think he would take the Chargers job, but thats about it.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:03 pm

Hawktawk wrote:Cowboys makes sense for him and I would guess it’s his dream job but Cooper Rush is ruining it for him . Dak (Stevie wonder ) will be back so there’s hope for Payton . As for Russels game it does not remotely resemble Brees game in his later years . Brees became a deadly pocket passer who stood on his tiptoes in the pocket , deadly accurate . Team first guy loved by his teammates . Russ is an undisciplined inaccurate mess . And his injury occurred after he went 4-14 to start ve Texans. He’s no Drew Brees

I wasn't comparing Russell to Brees. All I'm saying is that Payton is the one who coached up Russell's idol and turned him into a future HOF'er. Russell would undoubtedly respect what Payton would have to tell him should the two unite. He would be the best possible coach for Russell.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:21 pm

obiken wrote:No he wants no part of being a Jerry's kid. It think he would take the Chargers job, but thats about it.

That Chargers job is going to be real attractive to a lot of head coaches. Beautiful weather. Good QB. Though Cleveland is making them look weak today.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:24 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:That Chargers job is going to be real attractive to a lot of head coaches. Beautiful weather. Good QB. Though Cleveland is making them look weak today.

Sure but but they are a walking MASH unit like Denver. Boza is out along with Allen, Slater the LT, their All world Center, etc etc.
obiken
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:51 pm

obiken wrote:Sure but but they are a walking MASH unit like Denver. Boza is out along with Allen, Slater the LT, their All world Center, etc etc.

That's what derailed San Diego. Injuries are a killer. I heard we may have lost Penny today. I guess we'll see if we get an update.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:37 pm

obiken wrote:Sure but but they are a walking MASH unit like Denver. Boza is out along with Allen, Slater the LT, their All world Center, etc etc.

Aseahawkfan wrote:That's what derailed San Diego. Injuries are a killer. I heard we may have lost Penny today. I guess we'll see if we get an update.

It doesn't sound good.

It sounds like Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny will be out for an extended period of time.

Penny was carted off in the second half of Sunday’s 39-32 loss to the Saints. Penny had his left shoe off while he rode the cart to the back and replays made it look like he suffered an ankle injury.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll confirmed that was the case after the game and said that the team believes it is a serious injury.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... tner=Yahoo

We should hear more about it tomorrow, but since he was unable to put any weight on his left leg, he's likely out a couple of months.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:38 pm

No he wants no part of being a Jerry's kid. It think he would take the Chargers job, but thats about it.

It’s been reported that Payton wants control of personnel so it might not work with Jerry Jones who also
wants control of personnel. And Jones gets what he wants with the Cowboys.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:20 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wilson-responds-marshawn-lynch-110002430.html

Seems Marshawn Lynch is cool with Russ. Good to see him not piling on and actually caring how Russ is feeling. Seems Lynch looked after Russ when he first came in the league.

I never bought that Russ's teammates don't like him other than perhaps a few guys. That's just reality. Not everyone is going to get along. But regardless of all the insults and negative speculation tossed at Russ, he always carries himself well and doesn't retaliate or speak poorly of others. He practices what he preaches and turns the other cheek when people go after him and just gets back up and keeps working.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:12 am

I had seen this and found it to be a heartwarming story . It says as much about beast as Russ when everyone’s piling on he took a stand for him. I don’t blame anyone in that team or organization for how they feel but I think this is cool.

Beast has had his issues, had issues with Russ . I heard him talking about the play , he didn’t blame Russ , just wished they had changed the play . But even though there were clearly some issues they were part of the greatest ground and pound read option offense for a few years . Lots of them left in a bitter way but it doesn’t diminish what they did here.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:45 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wilson-responds-marshawn-lynch-110002430.html

Seems Marshawn Lynch is cool with Russ. Good to see him not piling on and actually caring how Russ is feeling. Seems Lynch looked after Russ when he first came in the league.

I never bought that Russ's teammates don't like him other than perhaps a few guys. That's just reality. Not everyone is going to get along. But regardless of all the insults and negative speculation tossed at Russ, he always carries himself well and doesn't retaliate or speak poorly of others. He practices what he preaches and turns the other cheek when people go after him and just gets back up and keeps working.

Russ is just an easy target right now, nice to see Beast buck the 'piling on' trend. It'll pass and Russ will be fine in the end but meanwhile Beast is proving himself above the BS.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:12 am

That little glimpse of Marshawn being the person he is shows us a little bit of why a lot of players like and respect the man.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:41 pm

NorthHawk wrote:That little glimpse of Marshawn being the person he is shows us a little bit of why a lot of players like and respect the man.

Agreed. Say what you want about Beast, that he has some behavioral problems, substance abuse, etc, and he was likely a pain in the butt for our coaching staff (remember him flipping off Bevell?). But he always seemed well liked by his teammates and was the heart and soul of the Hawks during that era. His loyalty to Russell is a prime example of why he was so popular.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:38 am

I just read this article which tends to play into Hawktawk's narrative about Russell:

On a recent episode of The Richard Sherman Podcast, the three-time All-Pro defensive back spoke with Lynch about Wilson’s current predicament. As the pair tried to offer their support to the embattled quarterback, they seem to have revealed a concerning issue about Wilson and his relationship with his teammates:

Sherman: “He on the struggle bus.”

Lynch: “Man, I wanna reach out do dawg.”

Sherman: “Yeah, we talk to him — his manager. His manager.”

Lynch: “If I can’t call you direct, I ain’t calling you, especially if I went to war with you.”

This moment on the Richard Sherman podcast perfectly encapsulates why Russell Wilson's personality rubs people the wrong way. Apparently even ex-teammates have to go through his manager to get a hold of him because they don't have his personal phone number.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ri ... e99993c163
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 pm

IF RW was to croak today, would he be in the HOF, or the ROH??
obiken
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Well, that’s ominous! But No I do not think Russ would be in the HOF just yet. It sounds like there’s a lot of recency bias ripping him by the media. Media votes.

Yes he would definitely be in the ROH, though.
If he continues to suck this year & his whole career spirals it will be even tougher.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:19 am

obiken wrote:IF RW was to croak today, would he be in the HOF, or the ROH??

RoH, yeah. He's the best Seahawk QB in our history and a key part of our only Super Bowl team.

HoF. He needs to step it up if he wants that. His trajectory for HoF is decidedly down.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:01 am

I didn't really intend the post to start a debate on ROH/HOF qualifications, rather what the comments by Beast and Sherman might indicate about Russell's personality.

First of all, do you interpret the comments made by Beast and Sherm to mean that me makes even former notable teammates go through a manager if they want to talk to him, and secondly, if that how you read it, what does that say about Russell?

My take is that based on that exchange, Russell has isolated himself behind his managers and agents even from some of his closest friends. We all have features on our phones that only allow favorite contacts to ring through, so it's not like he's going to be overwhelmed with phone calls from the thousands of former players he's been teammates with over the years. But Sherman and Beast, two potential HOF candidates that he was teammates with during those magical years?

It sounds to me that Russell is severely stuck up, has become too big for his britches, and that this attitude could be a major reason why he's having a tendency to 'rub people the wrong way'. If it were me, I sure as hell wouldn't be friends with someone and wouldn't think too highly of them if they made me go through a manager just to talk to them.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:49 am

ROH yes . HOF was a yes 100% till the S hit the fan and trade happened and I said he needs to play well to maintain his trajectory . I saw decline but this is stunning so far . All that said Russ is 2 -3 with a division opponent in front of him tonight . He’s still got enough gas in the tank to win some games . But if it doesn’t turn around soon he’s ended his HOF chances . The skit Rd shared is bizarre . If it’s true it explains guys with so much history have such a strained relationship .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:50 am

RiverDog wrote:I didn't really intend the post to start a debate on ROH/HOF qualifications, rather what the comments by Beast and Sherman might indicate about Russell's personality.

First of all, do you interpret the comments made by Beast and Sherm to mean that me makes even former notable teammates go through a manager if they want to talk to him, and secondly, if that how you read it, what does that say about Russell?

My take is that based on that exchange, Russell has isolated himself behind his managers and agents even from some of his closest friends. We all have features on our phones that only allow favorite contacts to ring through, so it's not like he's going to be overwhelmed with phone calls from the thousands of former players he's been teammates with over the years. But Sherman and Beast, two potential HOF candidates that he was teammates with during those magical years?

It sounds to me that Russell is severely stuck up, has become too big for his britches, and that this attitude could be a major reason why he's having a tendency to 'rub people the wrong way'. If it were me, I sure as hell wouldn't be friends with someone and wouldn't think too highly of them if they made me go through a manager just to talk to them.

I don't even think or care about that kind of stuff to be honest with you. I don't give out my number to coworkers that I don't associate with too much. If Russ views this as a business, then so be it. Some people do. If Beast and Sherm aren't on his list of personal contacts, could just be they aren't on the list as they didn't hang out much. Can you really see Russ hanging out with Sherm and Beast? Russ doesn't appear to party much, doesn't drink much, attends church, and stays fairly low key in his affairs.

How exactly would you know whether he simply doesn't keep in touch with Beast and Sherm and has other people who he does stay in contact with that aren't busy trying to take shots at him in public? Would you even know who he is close with? Would anyone actually close with Russ air behind the scenes business as they are doing for things he had no control over like Pete Carroll giving him a break?

Like I said earlier, Sherm and Beast do not seem like the type of people who would even enjoy hanging out with Russ, so not sure why Sherm in particular is airing his business out save to take petty shots at him. I think it says more about the people taking shots at Russ while he goes about his business than it does about Russ.

I'm not real sure why you can't think about this yourself and consider that even at the NFL level a QB might view the game as a business and have friends that don't talk about his business that do have his private contact information and it doesn't have to be everyone he ever played with. Imagine if Russ did share personal information with Sherm, seems Sherm would be putting it out there right now to take shots at him. So having a good idea that someone doesn't like you such as Sherm and not giving him your number is not at all indicative of Russ being stuck up or anything of the kind. It's pretty obvious Sherm and Russ don't care for each other. It's also obvious that though Beast had some kind words to say about Russ, I can't see them being particularly close either as they conduct their lives in different ways.

Not sure why some fans can't figure that out for themselves. Now they want to know who has whose number in the NFL and who is friends and who isn't? That's your business now?
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:12 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:I don't even think or care about that kind of stuff to be honest with you. I don't give out my number to coworkers that I don't associate with too much. If Russ views this as a business, then so be it. Some people do. If Beast and Sherm aren't on his list of personal contacts, could just be they aren't on the list as they didn't hang out much. Can you really see Russ hanging out with Sherm and Beast? Russ doesn't appear to party much, doesn't drink much, attends church, and stays fairly low key in his affairs.

How exactly would you know whether he simply doesn't keep in touch with Beast and Sherm and has other people who he does stay in contact with that aren't busy trying to take shots at him in public? Would you even know who he is close with? Would anyone actually close with Russ air behind the scenes business as they are doing for things he had no control over like Pete Carroll giving him a break?

Like I said earlier, Sherm and Beast do not seem like the type of people who would even enjoy hanging out with Russ, so not sure why Sherm in particular is airing his business out save to take petty shots at him. I think it says more about the people taking shots at Russ while he goes about his business than it does about Russ.

I'm not real sure why you can't think about this yourself and consider that even at the NFL level a QB might view the game as a business and have friends that don't talk about his business that do have his private contact information and it doesn't have to be everyone he ever played with. Imagine if Russ did share personal information with Sherm, seems Sherm would be putting it out there right now to take shots at him. So having a good idea that someone doesn't like you such as Sherm and not giving him your number is not at all indicative of Russ being stuck up or anything of the kind. It's pretty obvious Sherm and Russ don't care for each other. It's also obvious that though Beast had some kind words to say about Russ, I can't see them being particularly close either as they conduct their lives in different ways.

Not sure why some fans can't figure that out for themselves. Now they want to know who has whose number in the NFL and who is friends and who isn't? That's your business now?

I guess it depends on how much Russell has isolated himself. Granted, our lives are one heck of a lot simpler than someone like Russell, but that still doesn't justify making guys like Beast and Sherman go through a manager to talk to him when even the simplest of phones allow you to screen calls and only allow your favorites to ring through. It makes him look like he's on a different level, that he thinks of himself as the POTUS with a Chief of Staff.

No matter how you spin it, it's not a good look and may explain why he's had so many people 'piling on.'
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:52 am

It’s a story told by guys who went to war with him. It matters . It’s fine to say that is Russ , he didn’t socialize with his teammates and they had to contact him through his agent . I could see anyone working on his house , investment banker , media request etc having that type of relationship . But your team ? The fact his fellow championship teammates featured it on air shows how unusual they see it as . One point in a 2017 SI article Riv shared regarding the split locker room was that Russ was standoffish as a teammate , didn’t interact at team functions such as Christmas parties etc . It’s odd behavior for any leader of any team in or out of sports .
I defended Russ when that article came out , I wasn’t happy with how Sherm , Beast , Bennett , ET left running their mouth . But then things started coming out about Russels poor interactions with the team and FO from other sources . Then it spilled into the public . In hindsight it’s a credit to the organization and players it stayed together as long as it did. . But then the going to a winning city , city that knows how to win . Then 2 weeks before playing us “I have mental leaders here so I don’t have to do it all by myself “. At that point Sherman tweeted a laugh emoji . After Seattle won Baldwin posted a picture of a little doll batting teary eyes.

Asea these things are fair game , relevant and newsworthy . Nobody’s blameless . You say I ain’t black enough maybe I don’t give out my number . Nobody’s thankful enough for being on a team like that . None of the above . Pete is the only guy .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:22 pm

It really has been quite a horrible season for Russell. He did look decent on a couple drives in the first half against the Bolts. I think Troy and Joe were overreacting a tad, though. All he did was barely escaped pressure and throw accurately. Of course he never seem to do that again. I believe he had negative passing yards in the second half and OT.

It is looking more and more like he is washed. Even better for the Hawks - their team is looking like a pending dumpster fire.

Whatever, we love the gift that just keeps on giving!
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:51 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:It really has been quite a horrible season for Russell. He did look decent on a couple drives in the first half against the Bolts. I think Troy and Joe were overreacting a tad, though. All he did was barely escaped pressure and throw accurately. Of course he never seem to do that again. I believe he had negative passing yards in the second half and OT.

It is looking more and more like he is washed. Even better for the Hawks - their team is looking like a pending dumpster fire.

Whatever, we love the gift that just keeps on giving!

Yep. All I care about is the picks. They are looking to be real nice next year.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:17 pm

RiverDog wrote:I guess it depends on how much Russell has isolated himself. Granted, our lives are one heck of a lot simpler than someone like Russell, but that still doesn't justify making guys like Beast and Sherman go through a manager to talk to him when even the simplest of phones allow you to screen calls and only allow your favorites to ring through. It makes him look like he's on a different level, that he thinks of himself as the POTUS with a Chief of Staff.

No matter how you spin it, it's not a good look and may explain why he's had so many people 'piling on.'

There's nothing to spin. Who is piling on? Sherm? A man who just had domestic violence issues and is only a year older than Russ and out of the league. Pete Carroll? The man accused of treating him soft when he first arrived who several players left pissed off at him including Earl who flipped him off and Bobby Wagner who said the team never talked to him before cutting him. I listened to KJ Wright and he wasn't piling on, he was telling people how Russ was treated differently early on by Carroll. Kyle Brandt? Some reporter. Pat Mcafee? The equivalent of a shock sports jock. Angry fans unhappy we were losing and looking for someone to blame?

And when are they piling on? When he's playing badly. He plays well they all shut up. He plays badly, they pile on for a variety of reasons including all the one's we heard for so many years about his height, the locker room issue was brought up years ago when some idiot rumor about him not being "black" enough circulated, and all the other trash. It finds people willing to push that narrative when Russ is looking weak to get some clicks and reads and let any angry fans with an axe to grind piling on because even many men are gossipmongers interesting in selling rumor driven narratives. Not my cup of tea, but some people enjoy that type of talk.

All the guys saying they like Russ like Tyler Lockett, Greg Olsen, and DK Metcalf, no one posts that up much and says maybe his teammates liked him? No, because you ignore the contradictory information in favor of the negative rurmormongering.

I get it. You want to generate conversation, but it's all just so much horseshit that people are taking advantage of while Russell is playing badly. And he may never recover. Who knows.

I don't get caught up in that garbage other than to check vulgar people who take it too far and you aren't one of those. Russ is just an NFL QB doing the best he can and having a rough time of it. As far as Russ the man goes, all he has to do is:

1. Not be a fricking piece of garbage citizen doing crimes, mistreating people, and involving himself in scams like taking welfare money or pretending he is vaccinated, beating women, drinking and driving, and generally being a jackass.

2. Take care of his family, friends, and the people he cares about who are the only people he has to answer to.

3. And do the best he can at his job of playing professional football to hopefully earn his money and help the team win.

All the added stuff like helping his community and church, running football camps, and the like are just extra stuff adding to his already good resume.

Reality is reality, it's hard to win in the NFL, win consistently, and win a Super Bowl. In the past 20 years or so, I can only think of two coaches that have won multiple Super Bowls: Bill B and Tom Coughlin. I can think of a few QBs with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben R. I think at the end of all this, it's going to be a situation where neither side obtains their goal of another Super Bowl. Not Carroll and not Russ because winning a SB is just damn rare.

That's the reality of our situation. Though I'm not a big fan of the Russ trade, I'm also of the mind Russ winning here was over and we at least have some kind of chance to rebuild something from trading Russ even if it isn't with Carroll. But with Paul Allen gone, not sure this team will see competitive Super Bowl play for an unforeseen amount of time. I expect Carroll to be gone in a few years and starting another rebuild with yet another coach hoping they can turn it around.

Who knows. Maybe Carroll will pull off Win Forever 2.0. Everyone is excited this year at the possibility of something is better. Carroll and Schneider have cut us off completely from the Super Bowl team and started over. This draft class is looking good. If Carroll is motivated to prove he can do the rebuild again using his formula, maybe he can pull it off with a few more drafts.

I don't see any reason to pile on Russ at this point. It's pretty pointless to speculate on things we'll never know for sure. It's pretty obvious that some of Russ's teammates have an axe to grind, while others think well of him and most don't care one way or the other being too busy to waste their time with petty drama.

I'll leave it there. Let the people entertained by this type of conversation engage in it.
Last edited by Aseahawkfan on Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:38 am

I think all of you guys were right, I had Russ on too much of a pedestal. Its not the home with 18 bathrooms in Denver, Colorado, its the fact that Beast has to go through his agent to talk to him. Like Marshawn was saying, this was a brother I went to war with and I can't have his phone number! P H O N Y My question is was he always that way or did he change when Ciara and him got married in 2015. I believe it was the latter, kind of like Carol Burnett, who was super great, till she realized she was super great.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:36 am

Interesting game for Russell last night. He looked fantastic in the first quarter, had Chris Collingsworth drooling all over him as he rattled off something like 10 straight completions while leading his team on two TD drives.

But the rest of the game was like much of what we've witnessed to this point of the season. Despite starting the game with so many completions, Russell's final numbers were 15-28 for just 188 yards and a TD. Don't expect anyone to quit 'piling on'. Russell is having a horrible year. He's completing just 58.6% of his passes with 5 TD's and 3 INT's, well below his career averages.

The Broncos are now 2-4 with what at the start of the season looked like a soft spot in their schedule coming up as they're hosting the Jets and Jags in their next two games. But who knows in this whacky season. Hopefully, they keep losing.
Last edited by RiverDog on Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum