Russell Wilson

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Russell Wilson

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:48 am

Lmao. Roflmfao. Another enjoyable evening watching hit too much play like it . It don’t matter his charity , his personal life and interpersonal relationships which sound a little phony and shallow . It’s about his game and his leadership . He sucks. He’s terrible . Lol. Top 5 pick I suspected looking better all the time . It’s unbelievable the decline . He owes Pete an apology for the stuff he’s insinuated . Worse mistake he ever made was bowing his back and outgrowing his britches . I guess I better not be vulgar or some one will check me . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:42 am

Hawktawk wrote:Lmao. Roflmfao. Another enjoyable evening watching hit too much play like it . It don’t matter his charity , his personal life and interpersonal relationships which sound a little phony and shallow . It’s about his game and his leadership . He sucks. He’s terrible . Lol. Top 5 pick I suspected looking better all the time . It’s unbelievable the decline . He owes Pete an apology for the stuff he’s insinuated . Worse mistake he ever made was bowing his back and outgrowing his britches . I guess I better not be vulgar or some one will check me . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I neither like nor lament watching Russell struggle as I honestly don't care one way or another how he does except as it relates to the draft picks we get next season. I actually fell asleep in overtime last night.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:09 am

Hawktawk wrote:Lmao. Roflmfao. Another enjoyable evening watching hit too much play like it . It don’t matter his charity , his personal life and interpersonal relationships which sound a little phony and shallow . It’s about his game and his leadership . He sucks. He’s terrible . Lol. Top 5 pick I suspected looking better all the time . It’s unbelievable the decline . He owes Pete an apology for the stuff he’s insinuated . Worse mistake he ever made was bowing his back and outgrowing his britches . I guess I better not be vulgar or some one will check me . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I neither like nor lament watching Russell struggle as I honestly don't care one way or another how he does except as it relates to the draft picks we get next season. I actually fell asleep in overtime last night.[/quote]

Well I enjoy the struggles . I’ve been a fan of the rag a lot longer then Wilson . The way he went out the door and then still kept talking , well this is a lesson in humility and self appraisal I’m enjoying quite a bit . I never rooted for Hutch either but at least he could say he never got paid . I’ll soften on Russ in time but it’s not time yet . Lovin it .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:00 pm

RiverDog wrote:I neither like nor lament watching Russell struggle as I honestly don't care one way or another how he does except as it relates to the draft picks we get next season. I actually fell asleep in overtime last night.

I honestly am not enjoying watching football this season given all the bad football. I can't even call it good defense or good offense, just garbage on both sides of the ball in so many of these games. This might be the worst season of football I can remember in years.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:45 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I honestly am not enjoying watching football this season given all the bad football. I can't even call it good defense or good offense, just garbage on both sides of the ball in so many of these games. This might be the worst season of football I can remember in years.

Not so with me. Although I fell asleep last night due to a hard day's work of blowing out sprinklers, I still watch it intently. If anything, the fact that so many weird things have happened has led me to want to watch an otherwise boring game, like Bears vs. Commanders.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:30 pm

By the day after the trade, I had come around to it being a good decision. I saw too much of Russ missing reads and making mental errors in his last season or two and felt it was time for him to leave. From the perspective of my love of the Hawks, that trade is looking better by the day, and I am excited for the future of this team, a future that is brighter because of the trade that sent Russ to Denver.

But...

I take no joy in watching him struggle. I like the good picks we're getting from the Broncos' losses, but Russ was a great ambassador for the team and was key to the best stretch of football in the franchise's history. And despite the phony public persona, one thing that was never phony was his heart. I have a friend who works at Children's Hospital, at her stories make it clear just how much he truly cared and how his visits were always about the kids. He started those visits for the right reasons, never with an entourage, and he kept up those visits throughout his time here. Russ' PR strategy is grating, but he's a good dude who is struggling both on and off the field (I think the death of his best friend a while ago is still affecting him), and I wish him all the best.
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:14 am

Oly wrote:By the day after the trade, I had come around to it being a good decision. I saw too much of Russ missing reads and making mental errors in his last season or two and felt it was time for him to leave. From the perspective of my love of the Hawks, that trade is looking better by the day, and I am excited for the future of this team, a future that is brighter because of the trade that sent Russ to Denver.

But...

I take no joy in watching him struggle. I like the good picks we're getting from the Broncos' losses, but Russ was a great ambassador for the team and was key to the best stretch of football in the franchise's history. And despite the phony public persona, one thing that was never phony was his heart. I have a friend who works at Children's Hospital, at her stories make it clear just how much he truly cared and how his visits were always about the kids. He started those visits for the right reasons, never with an entourage, and he kept up those visits throughout his time here. Russ' PR strategy is grating, but he's a good dude who is struggling both on and off the field (I think the death of his best friend a while ago is still affecting him), and I wish him all the best.

That's a fair take, and a lot of it aligns with that of my own. I don't take any joy in watching him struggle, either at least not him personally. You're right, his heart is in the right place, and those visits to Chlidren's were and are genuine.

But those draft picks are huge, and if he struggles, the picks get better, and with a 1st and 2nd next year, that's a big deal and could make the difference between us getting the next Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen or the next Mitch Turbisky/Justin Fields.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:36 am

Now it’s a hamstring . Said to be “significant “. Watching Russ play is like watching a train wreck . Jesus . I thought he was in decline more than most here . But not this bad .

I’m beginning to fear it’s beyond declining physical skills . The man can’t see the field , guys wide open every game . I hope it’s not brain injury related and I mean that sincerely . It’s a real thing . I see a guy who seems not the same on or off the field and most dramatically the last year .

As a former Seahawk Russ made his bed with fans with his exit . It doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for charity as many pros do and it’s admirable in every way . But it’s sports . It’s not logical . And Seattle is hardly the worst town . Denver is stuck with what's being called the worst contract in pro sports and are committed to Wilson for 4 years . It’s worse than even I envisioned . At the end of the day I do wish Russ Heath mentally and physically . He’s not there .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:00 am

Hawktawk wrote:Now it’s a hamstring . Said to be “significant “. Watching Russ play is like watching a train wreck . Jesus . I thought he was in decline more than most here . But not this bad .

I’m beginning to fear it’s beyond declining physical skills . The man can’t see the field , guys wide open every game . I hope it’s not brain injury related and I mean that sincerely . It’s a real thing . I see a guy who seems not the same on or off the field and most dramatically the last year .

As a former Seahawk Russ made his bed with fans with his exit . It doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for charity as many pros do and it’s admirable in every way . But it’s sports . It’s not logical . And Seattle is hardly the worst town . Denver is stuck with what's being called the worst contract in pro sports and are committed to Wilson for 4 years . It’s worse than even I envisioned . At the end of the day I do wish Russ Heath mentally and physically . He’s not there .

I was just going to mention that Russell had an MRI done on his injured hamstring yesterday. He's said to be day-by-day. After 6 games, Russell is ranked 30th amongst starting QB's in completion percentage. The Broncos are last in the league in scoring.

Denver has other problems besides Wilson's health, as there's signs of growing locker room discord. RB Melvin Gordon and WR Jerry Judy had a very visible sideline argument during the game Monday. Gordon was removed from the game and not given a reason. He's had 4 lost fumbles this season, including the one against us at the 1 yard line. Hackett denied that Gordon was taken out due to anything he'd done wrong, that it was just a coincidence. All of this is occurring in front of the backdrop of all the negative 'piling on' involving Russell's persona. He's the favorite target of every talking head and armchair expert in the industry, from Stephen Smith to Colin Cowherd.

As you would expect, the loss Monday has increased the calls for Hackett's head. The current ownership was not in place when the Wilson trade was made, so there is good reason to believe that he might be one and done, perhaps before the end of the season if things continue to go south. They'll be playing the Jets, a team that's on an opposite trajectory as they've won their last 3 in a row, on a short week this Sunday.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:42 am

RiverDog wrote:That's a fair take, and a lot of it aligns with that of my own. I don't take any joy in watching him struggle, either at least not him personally. You're right, his heart is in the right place, and those visits to Chlidren's were and are genuine.

But those draft picks are huge, and if he struggles, the picks get better, and with a 1st and 2nd next year, that's a big deal and could make the difference between us getting the next Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen or the next Mitch Turbisky/Justin Fields.

I think we're in total alignment. No joy in seeing Russ struggle, but total joy in seeing the Broncos, as a team, struggle for this season.
Oly
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:55 pm

Watching what Russ is going through doesn't bring joy...but for me it conjures up the word 'karma'. For 2 years he has made it known he was dissatisifed with the Seahawks, and at least acted like he was elated to be going to Denver (which the football world historically pays more attention to than Seattle). This is the meal he wanted, and now he's getting everyting that comes with it when you're The Man. It's just fascinating to watch how he navigates it.
I-5
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:13 pm

Only way Russ shuts up his critics is to play better. I think his coach sucks. I think Russ is going to have the worst year of his career, Hackett will be fired at the end of the year, and we're going to get some real nice draft picks. Russ will have to suffer through the all the criticism until the sports media can't milk any more views bashing on him or he plays better. That's how it will go.

I for one want some nice high picks that we can hopefully use to draft an awesome D-line. We may well get the number one overall pick from Denver. They are that bad right now. I don't want a QB with that pick . I was looking over the draft and the number of number one drafted QBs that failed is a huge percentage. I'd rather trade down or get the best D-line player available than spend on some hyped up number one overall pick QB.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:29 pm

It looks like Russell will be a game time decision this Sunday. Him and Rypien have been sharing reps with the first team offense this week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/na ... 5438dd8b27

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. If Russell forces his way into the lineup, plays poorly, and the Broncos lose, the piling on will intensify. But if Rypien starts, plays well, and the Broncos win, it's going to make Russ look really bad. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

BTW, have you guys seen the Subway commercials featuring Russell? They're horrible, makes the Baker Mayfield commercials look classy and well done. Take a peek if you haven't seen it:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/broncos- ... okes-memes
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:01 pm

That commercial is really stupid.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Is Russ in on the cringe? How could he not be?? It's so bad, it's not even bad anymore. I can't explain it to myself. He's still rolling in $$ from the endorsements, but I don't see how this helps Subway.

But yeah, Riv, I was thinking the same thing about the next game. Knowing Russ, he's going to force himself on the field, likely play just as bad or worse than before OR Hackett makes the right call to bench him, Rypien starts and plays halfway decently or God forbid, WINS. At that point, all hell would break loose.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:37 pm

I-5 wrote:Is Russ in on the cringe? How could he not be?? It's so bad, it's not even bad anymore. I can't explain it to myself. He's still rolling in $$ from the endorsements, but I don't see how this helps Subway.

And it couldn't have come at a worse time, when the Broncos have lost 3 in a row with Russell's performance and popularity both at career lows. He's the butt of every joke, and it's not helping his relationship with his new fan base. Cleveland could get better PR by having Deshawn Watson do breast cancer awareness commercials.

I-5 wrote:But yeah, Riv, I was thinking the same thing about the next game. Knowing Russ, he's going to force himself on the field, likely play just as bad or worse than before OR Hackett makes the right call to bench him, Rypien starts and plays halfway decently or God forbid, WINS. At that point, all hell would break loose.

If Russell comes back early and causes the offense to have to adjust to his limitations like he did with us last season and the Donkeys loose, that's when all hell will break loose. He would be much better off in the long run sitting it out and let Rypien play. Chances are he'll play poorly anyway and Russell can come to the rescue.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:53 pm

RiverDog wrote:If Russell comes back early and causes the offense to have to adjust to his limitations like he did with us last season and the Donkeys loose, that's when all hell will break loose. He would be much better off in the long run sitting it out and let Rypien play. Chances are he'll play poorly anyway and Russell can come to the rescue.

The idea of Russell coming to the rescue would be the best possible fantasy, but there's not much evidence from this year with this team to support that scenario.
I-5
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:27 pm

RiverDog wrote:If Russell comes back early and causes the offense to have to adjust to his limitations like he did with us last season and the Donkeys loose, that's when all hell will break loose. He would be much better off in the long run sitting it out and let Rypien play. Chances are he'll play poorly anyway and Russell can come to the rescue.

I-5 wrote:The idea of Russell coming to the rescue would be the best possible fantasy, but there's not much evidence from this year with this team to support that scenario.

Well, there is one bit of evidence to support that scenario. The law of averages says that he has to have a decent game here pretty soon.

The other thing is that the Broncos defense has been playing lights out. Russell doesn't have to throw for 4 TD's for them to win. It's not a very high bar to clear.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:44 pm

Yeah, the Dangerruss Subway commercials are bad!

Personally, I love the Baker Mayfield commercials. I think Baker has some potential for making it as an actor. And it looks like from his performance on the field he should start looking into that seriously.

Speaking of bad professional athlete commercials, Marshawn Lynch's Beacon Plumbing commercials have to be right down in the toilet, pun intended.
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:03 pm

It looks like Subway has taken Russell's signature sandwich off their menu. A few excerpts from the article:

Russell Wilson's 'Dangerwich' removed from Subway's menu after awkward commercials go viral on social media

Denver Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson continues to be sandwiched in the middle of Twitter roasts. The nine-time Pro Bowler had a signature sandwich on the Subway menu earlier this year, but the sub is no longer available. Social media users are suggesting the removal was at least partly due to Wilson's widely mocked Subway commercials.

The sandwich sounds delicious, but fans didn't seem to like the commercials. While they're not airing anymore, social media users resurfaced the ads this month. That led to Twitter users pointing out the sandwich is no longer on the menu, which raised the question of whether Wilson's acting performance, or perhaps his football performance this season, played a role in its absence.

However, Wilson has been on the spotlight lately for the Broncos' 2-4 start this season. One of those losses included a painful-to-watch game against the Colts without any touchdowns. It seems like he just can't catch a break. Wilson even got criticism earlier this week for how optimistic he is trying to be.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ru ... 1dc4dee352
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:08 am

I came across an editorial on Russell that is very well done and is absent all of the colorful verbiage that has defined far too many opinions, both on this forum as well as with the talking heads. It's not the typical 'piling on' article, rather a good breakdown of the predicament Russell put himself into and the challenges that lay ahead. Here's a couple of excerpts.

Wilson has spent more than a decade in the NFL winning, thrilling and turning his underdog story into an iconic tale. With a Houdini act that may take him to the Hall of Fame, he redefined the modern-day possibilities for quarterbacks under 6-foot. He attained celebrity in a largely faceless game. Yet for all his good traits and good deeds, his ascension came with a perception of inauthenticity that fuels those who mock him now. It’s not that they are rooting for him to fail. They are sneering at the awkwardness of a man who has abandoned self-awareness.

Early in his career, it was charming to learn about the 5-foot-11 kid whose late father instilled an expectation of greatness in him. It was fascinating to watch Wilson fulfill that vision. He was groomed to be a standout quarterback and a prototypical role model, right down to his polished interviews in which, somehow, he reveals little in a charismatic way. He was groomed to aspire without limitation, to change lives with his example. But while his far-reaching impact earned him a Super Bowl ring and a Walter Payton Man of the Year award, Wilson is burdened by dissatisfaction.

There is never enough greatness to settle him. That mentality propelled him to elite NFL status. But a lack of restraint actually stunts his personal growth because it comes with an unhealthy amount of self-importance. His Seahawks departure is complicated and full of blame on both sides, and while Wilson wasn’t necessarily wrong to pursue change, it’s possible that he may have ruined both his once-pristine reputation in Seattle and expedited his demise as a relevant player.

Wilson sought to leave Seattle partly because he wanted more autonomy and to play in a more creative offensive system. But he failed to recognize that he limited himself by lacking trust and operating in the same style despite having three offensive coordinators in 10 seasons with the Seahawks.

In Denver, Wilson and Nathaniel Hackett, the first-year Broncos coach, have spoken like they function as peers, far from the typical coach-player dynamic. This partnership has resulted in a rookie coach who hasn’t established control, a new quarterback who hasn’t played within himself and an offense that has been neither entertaining nor reliable.

Moving forward, the Broncos will need to pair Wilson with a head coach more up to the task than the overwhelmed Hackett, who figures to be a one-and-done bust. And the coach-QB dynamic, whether the Broncos woo Sean Payton or turn to another veteran strategist, must go back to being a traditional one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ru ... r-AA13fQpa
Last edited by RiverDog on Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:16 am

One and done bust would be great news for our draft.
It parallels the McDaniels years when we got good draft picks from a trade with them early in Pete's reign here.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:49 am

NorthHawk wrote:One and done bust would be great news for our draft.
It parallels the McDaniels years when we got good draft picks from a trade with them early in Pete's reign here.

Yeah, that was one of the points the article made. This player/coach dynamic isn't working, and the rookie HC appears in way over his head. IMO it's going to create a lot of animosity in the locker room if they continue to lose and Russell keeps playing poorly. If it were me, I'd give this chit show 3 or 4 more weeks to work, and if it doesn't, I'd fire Hackett and bring in a head coach with a more conventional style, someone like Sean Payton.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:41 am

New Orleans would probably want a 1st round pick for Payton but we have that as well as their 2nd.
Complicating the matter is Payton is said to want to go to a warm weather locale and wants complete control of the roster. For those reasons I doubt he ends up in Denver.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 am

NorthHawk wrote:New Orleans would probably want a 1st round pick for Payton but we have that as well as their 2nd.
Complicating the matter is Payton is said to want to go to a warm weather locale and wants complete control of the roster. For those reasons I doubt he ends up in Denver.

I completely agree about the possibility of Payton going to Denver, which is why I said someone like him. And to add to things that wouldn't make Denver attractive for him, the fact that they don't have a #1 or a #2 this season, along with that contract they signed Russell to, would make it a heck of a handicap for any coach that takes that job.

One possibility would be Mike McCarthy. I could foresee the Cowboys firing him, bringing in Payton, and for McCarthy to end up in Denver. But who ever it is, the Broncs would likely be looking for an offensive minded coach with HC experience.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:44 am

Utter rubbish . No coach can fix a guy who won’t run what’s called , can’t adjust his line protection for a hot read ( one reason lock is on the bench here ) and he did It last year for a strip 6 by chandler Jones too .

You all might have missed his games losing to 3 backups last year , shut out second half of Vikes game , -12 3 and outs in OT vs titans , cost us the Bears game with ridiculous sacks .

Russels toast . He can’t see the field , his accuracy is dreadful . He seems to have lost some velocity . He looks heavy and slower .
No coach can fix him . For all his criticism Hackett has called game winning plays Russel hasn’t made . Lost in him “ missing “ KJ Hamler was that Hamler WAS THE INTENDED TARGET. How hard is that ? This is happening several times every game . He looks like a guy that doesn’t want to be out there getting hit .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:28 am

Hawktawk wrote:Utter rubbish . No coach can fix a guy who won’t run what’s called , can’t adjust his line protection for a hot read ( one reason lock is on the bench here ) and he did It last year for a strip 6 by chandler Jones too .

You all might have missed his games losing to 3 backups last year , shut out second half of Vikes game , -12 3 and outs in OT vs titans , cost us the Bears game with ridiculous sacks .

Russels toast . He can’t see the field , his accuracy is dreadful . He seems to have lost some velocity . He looks heavy and slower .
No coach can fix him . For all his criticism Hackett has called game winning plays Russel hasn’t made . Lost in him “ missing “ KJ Hamler was that Hamler WAS THE INTENDED TARGET. How hard is that ? This is happening several times every game . He looks like a guy that doesn’t want to be out there getting hit .

Denver has no choice but to try to fix him. He's signed through 2028, a 5 year, $242M contract with $161k guaranteed, an exponential cap hit, and they've already traded away a boat load of picks. With that contract and the way he's been playing, no one is going to trade for him, and they can't cut him. Whether they keep Hackett or move onto someone else, Russell is their quarterback for at least the next 3.5 seasons.

These past six weeks has to have been a very humble experience for the man. Say what you want about him, but he's not stupid. If the Broncos continue on their downward path and Hackett ends up being one-and-done, Russell is going to be a little more submissive than he has in the past few months, or according to some, the past few years.

It might not work, but if the Broncos continues to lose, an attempt to fix what's wrong has to and will occur.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:55 am

Brett Rypien gets the start this Sunday. Hackett says he's holding Russ out to get his hammy healthy.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:59 am

Well he’s out . I think it’s a blessing for everyone including him., he resets , let the lat settle down , let the media furor settle . The monkey wrench is if Rypien tears the cover off the ball . He was 1-0 last year . My guess is a lot if not most players are fine with this development . They weren’t smashing helmets because of Hackett . The saga gets more complicated .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:04 am

One possibility would be Mike McCarthy. I could foresee the Cowboys firing him, bringing in Payton, and for McCarthy to end up in Denver. But who ever it is, the Broncs would likely be looking for an offensive minded coach with HC experience.

I keep hearing about Dallas but Jones runs the show so roster control might mean it wouldn’t work. However, Parcells
went there, so who knows?
I would suspect he would rather go to the Chargers where he would have more freedom running the team along with
the warm weather and an underperforming team with a really good young QB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:34 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Brett Rypien gets the start this Sunday. Hackett says he's holding Russ out to get his hammy healthy.

Yeah, the issue was his hamstring and not his shoulder. Like HT said, it's the smart move for everyone concerned.

This is going to make for some interesting drama. If Rypien plays poorly and the Broncos lose, then at least from Russell's perspective, there's going to be less pressure on him in the next game vs. an inferior opponent at home against Jacksonville. But if Rypien plays well and the Broncos win, then what? You can image what the Bronco fans will be saying.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:53 am

Rypien has one start , against these same Jets . Denver scored THIRTY SEVEN points ……if he does that Sunday we have a qb controversy in Denver . Among the fans at least . And Denver can try fixing this with another coach all they want . I’m saying it won’t work . They will move on and eat it before watching him stumble around putting up 15 ppg in a half empty stadium for 4 years .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:59 am

Hawktawk wrote:Rypien has one start , against these same Jets . Denver scored THIRTY SEVEN points ……if he does that Sunday we have a qb controversy in Denver . Among the fans at least . And Denver can try fixing this with another coach all they want . I’m saying it won’t work . They will move on and eat it before watching him stumble around putting up 15 ppg in a half empty stadium for 4 years .

But you did say that it wouldn't work:

Utter rubbish . No coach can fix a guy who won’t run what’s called

But I agree with you that we will have a fan-generated QB controversy if Rypien plays well and the Broncos win.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Not entirely sure the exchange there. Yes I said he can’t be fixed because he runs his own offense no matter who is in charge calling plays . I really caught a lot of crap on here for suggesting that and now it’s common knowledge including Hackett understanding what he’s got which is a fart in a skillet who does what he wants .

I said when it went down if he wouldn’t respect Pete’s authority and run the plays as called he’s sure as hell not gonna do it for a rookie head coach . He won’t do it for Payton or surely McCarthy . ARod already ran him out of town . Coach killers .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:08 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, the issue was his hamstring and not his shoulder. Like HT said, it's the smart move for everyone concerned.

This is going to make for some interesting drama. If Rypien plays poorly and the Broncos lose, then at least from Russell's perspective, there's going to be less pressure on him in the next game vs. an inferior opponent at home against Jacksonville. But if Rypien plays well and the Broncos win, then what? You can image what the Bronco fans will be saying.

Now Russ is missing time so he is setting himself even farther back learning the WCO. I hope this Rypien sucks too. We want some high picks.

We don't need some back up coming and turning things around.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:03 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:Now Russ is missing time so he is setting himself even farther back learning the WCO. I hope this Rypien sucks too. We want some high picks.

We don't need some back up coming and turning things around.

Agreed, except I don't care if Rypien sucks or not, except as it relates to the final score. I don't care by how much, whether it's by 3 points in overtime or a 5 TD blowout, I want the Broncos to lose.

The Jets have won 3 in a row, the last two in impressive fashion over the Fins and Packers while the Broncos have lost 3 straight. I like that trend, but I'm not holding my breath, especially in this whacky season.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:49 pm

RiverDog wrote:Agreed, except I don't care if Rypien sucks or not, except as it relates to the final score. I don't care by how much, whether it's by 3 points in overtime or a 5 TD blowout, I want the Broncos to lose.

The Jets have won 3 in a row, the last two in impressive fashion over the Fins and Packers while the Broncos have lost 3 straight. I like that trend, but I'm not holding my breath, especially in this whacky season.

I doubt even Russ's detractors thought he would fall this far. Even HT didn't predict Russ would be the worst QB in the league in the red zone. Russ has to my knowledge never run the lowest scoring PPG offense in the league even when we didn't have good receivers or a run game. Even last year during Russ's garbage year we were 16th in points and 22nd in yards. And the four years prior we were in the top 10 except for one year at 11.

I'm not going to complain too much as this is a gift to Seattle, but damn, Russ's fall has been extreme, much greater than even his detractors predicted.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:19 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:I doubt even Russ's detractors thought he would fall this far. Even HT didn't predict Russ would be the worst QB in the league in the red zone. Russ has to my knowledge never run the lowest scoring PPG offense in the league even when we didn't have good receivers or a run game. Even last year during Russ's garbage year we were 16th in points and 22nd in yards. And the four years prior we were in the top 10 except for one year at 11.

I'm not going to complain too much as this is a gift to Seattle, but damn, Russ's fall has been extreme, much greater than even his detractors predicted.

Yeah, it's been a decline that even the worst detractors couldn't have imagined, and if it continues, it will be one of the steepest drops off of any NFL quarterback that I can remember.

But on the other hand, they've played just 6 games in a 17 game schedule, barely 1/3 of the way through the season, and they're just 2 games out of first place in their division. There's still a lot to this story that hasn't been written.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:24 pm

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, it's been a decline that even the worst detractors couldn't have imagined, and if it continues, it will be one of the steepest drops off of any NFL quarterback that I can remember.

But on the other hand, they've played just 6 games in a 17 game schedule, barely 1/3 of the way through the season, and they're just 2 games out of first place in their division. There's still a lot to this story that hasn't been written.

I think HT voodoo cursed him just so he could be right.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:55 pm

I thought he was declining but no, I didn’t expect this . I saw decline and documented it last year but the man looks like the worst qb in the league . Geno woukd be 5-1 with that defense . Lots of guys would. It’s shocking to me and becoming a but saddening and alarming to me . He has lost more mentally than physically imo.
Hawktawk
Legacy

PreviousNext

Return to Seahawks Forum