Clemons reported gone

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Clemons reported gone

Postby XpertDBA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:39 am

Just reported on Yahoo's free agency tracker.......
XpertDBA
Legacy

Re: Clemons reported gone

Postby monkey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 am

Yep, it's on NFL.com as well.
Sounds like it's a 7.5 million savings, which might just let us sign Allen who is reportedly going to be meeting with the Seahawks.
If this happens, I might just have to run around with my pants off for a while.

Anyone want to put money he ends up in Jacksonville? LOL! Bet he kicks butt for them too.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am

If I were the betting sort, and I had a lot of money to bet, I would bet on us signing Jared Allen to replace him. I really think this is going to happen.
monkey
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm

And sounds like he will go to the jags, that makes #6 or so former Seahawk that Gus is adding since he has been coach there

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ey-jaguars
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby briwas101 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm

This was a move that needed to be done. He was an early success for us but we have to clear cap space as well as roster spots for young guys and this (along with Red) is the right move. Not everyone is destined to be a hawk long-term, and the team's success is more important than any one player.

Luckily it looks like he is still gonna be making some nice cheddar
briwas101
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:00 am

It was time.

Clemons had a nice run in Seattle, came back from a horrible injury to win himself a ring, and now still has a job elsewhere. It's about the best thing he coulda hoped for, and I wish him well.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 am

Make room for the young bucks, Clem made his money and also got his ring. God bless him.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 am

PFT reports this morning he signed with the Jags on a 4 year contract.
Hope it's for good money.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:46 am

NorthHawk wrote:PFT reports this morning he signed with the Jags on a 4 year contract.
Hope it's for good money.

Jags are getting some good players from our roster. Watch out.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:55 am

The Jags should be a tougher team to play against and they are getting some character guys.
They just signed Ziggy Hood, too so if his attitude is like Clem and Red, they will have really improved on the Defense.
It all depends on how much Bradley learned from Pete. If I recall, our Defense wasn't doing really well until Pete paid more attention to it.
I took that to mean he was more hands on.
If Gus wants them to play like Seattle, he will need them all to buy in like in Seattle.

Look for them to take a QB as their first pick with all of the FA moves on Defense they have made.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:59 am

NorthHawk wrote:The Jags should be a tougher team to play against and they are getting some character guys.
They just signed Ziggy Hood, too so if his attitude is like Clem and Red, they will have really improved on the Defense.
It all depends on how much Bradley learned from Pete. If I recall, our Defense wasn't doing really well until Pete paid more attention to it.
If Gus wants them to play like Seattle, he will need them all to buy in like in Seattle.

Look for them to take a QB as their first pick with all of the FA moves on Defense they have made.

Hope they have a good OC to boot.
QB can be set to pasture and die without a good one.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am

Eaglehawk wrote:
NorthHawk wrote:The Jags should be a tougher team to play against and they are getting some character guys.

Hope they have a good OC to boot.
QB can be set to pasture and die without a good one.

Who is their OC? Is it Jedd Fisch?

It is and here is a copy and paste from their website:

Jedd Fisch was named offensive coordinator for the Jaguars on January 19, 2013. Fisch has 16 years of coaching experience including nine seasons in the NFL. He has been mentored by two-time college football champion and Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, two-time Super Bowl champion and Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan, Super Bowl champion and former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick as well as national champion and South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier.

Maybe he can do something with whoever they get to play QB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum