ESPN Reporting Browner Signs with Patriots

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

ESPN Reporting Browner Signs with Patriots

Postby savvyman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Revis & Browner. Expect a heavy dose of press\man coverage.

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/444295191315226624
savvyman
Legacy

Re: ESPN Reporting Browner Signs with Patriots

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Manning is somewhere saying "sh*t! " LOL..... smart move by the Pats, lock up one of the best press man cover guys in the history of the game, and pair him with a physically imposing corner like Browner. Worked in Seattle, probably work in NE.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Venice_Hawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:52 pm

It was prematurely reported, he has not signed a contract. Brandon will visit other teams and the Raiders are one of them.
Venice_Hawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Happy for Browner. Bad for us.
Hope we don't play these guys in the post season.
Billicheat will squeeze Browner for everything he knows about Sherman and his tendencies and our pass d in general. He wants to become the best and now he has the tools to make that happen. Bastard.
Still, better him than the 49 whiners.
EDIT: Prematurely reported? Great then! How does premature reporting happen? Is that like premature ejaculation? :o
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Eaglehawk wrote:Happy for Browner. Bad for us.
Hope we don't play these guys in the post season.
Billicheat will squeeze Browner for everything he knows about Sherman and his tendencies and our pass d in general. He wants to become the best and now he has the tools to make that happen. Bastard.
Still, better him than the 49 whiners.
EDIT: Prematurely reported? Great then! How does premature reporting happen? Is that like premature ejaculation? :o

The whole "learning about other teams" from former players is way overrated. The Seahawks were so fundamentally basic in their approach on both sides of the ball all season long, yet nobody out there could stop us anyway.

The Pats signing Revis and Browner looks better on paper than it will on the field. N.E. doesn't have the supporting cast to make these guys as effective as they think.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Venice_Hawk wrote:It was prematurely reported, he has not signed a contract. Brandon will visit other teams and the Raiders are one of them.

The Raiders should be one of the stops for every single free agent, if for no other reason than to leverage a little more money out of other teams they are visiting. As should Jacksonville, the Browns etc. Any team with a ton of cap space should be at the very least a "rumored" destination.....

Smart by Browner not to accept a cut rate deal. This is his one real shot at this, and to a player like Browner an extra million matters..
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 am

I wish Browner luck. He helped mold this Defense into the LOB with his physical play.
I would welcome him back as quality depth if he doesn't sign elsewhere.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:06 am

Good for BB and the Pats.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Finally complete, 4 yrs 17 million, not bad for Browner considering his age and situation. Manning still is thinking "crap!" LOL. IMHO the moves in the last couple days by NE, places them slightly ahead of the oh so soft Broncos to climb out of the AFC to face the Hawks in SB 49..... ;)
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:Finally complete, 4 yrs 17 million, not bad for Browner considering his age and situation. Manning still is thinking "crap!" LOL. IMHO the moves in the last couple days by NE, places them slightly ahead of the oh so soft Broncos to climb out of the AFC to face the Hawks in SB 49..... ;)

Shut down Manning one year, shut down Brady the next. Has that ever been done before? A team beating two different HOF QB's in successive Super Bowls?

Nice thought, huh?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby monkey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Browner is about to have the best seat in the house in the debate of who is better Revis or Sherman.
I must say, the Pats are smart!Not that we didn't already know that, but this is another reminder. In my opinion, this was a terrific move.
After all, if the combination of Sherman and Browner set the league on it's ear, so you have to assume that the combination of Revis and Browner will have a similar effect in the AFC.
Want to slow down Manning? Want to replicate the success the Seahawks had against Manning in the Super Bowl? Well, I cannot think of a better way to do it, than to pair up Revis with Browner. It's essentially the Patriots version of the LOB, not quite as good (because they don't have our safeties), but still not a bad copy attempt!
This is why the Patriots have been as good as they have been for such a long time even during this free agency/salary cap era...they GET IT. They really know what they are doing.
monkey
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Outstanding News.

Very happy for Brandon - He deserves every dollar of that contract.

I am also glad he is not collecting that money down in San Francisco.....
savvyman
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Today, I am proud to announce that I am a New England Patriot. I am honored that the Patriots are making me part of their legendary organization, and am grateful for the opportunity Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Nick Caserio and the entire team have given me. I intend to diligently work with the same passion and dedication that I have displayed since coming into the NFL to uphold the great traditions and qualities that are embodied by the Patriots.

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank the Seattle Seahawks for giving a CFL player the once in-a-lifetime opportunity to return to the NFL, making a young boy's dream come true. To Coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider, John Idzik, Coach Richard, Rocky Seto, the LOB, my teammates, the training staff, the equipment guys the Seahawks organization as a whole and most importantly the 12th Man, I say thank you for everything you have done for myself and my family. I am a truly blessed person.

BB

FA farewells just don't any classier than that!
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:27 am

c_hawkbob wrote:
Today, I am proud to announce that I am a New England Patriot. I am honored that the Patriots are making me part of their legendary organization, and am grateful for the opportunity Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Nick Caserio and the entire team have given me. I intend to diligently work with the same passion and dedication that I have displayed since coming into the NFL to uphold the great traditions and qualities that are embodied by the Patriots.

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank the Seattle Seahawks for giving a CFL player the once in-a-lifetime opportunity to return to the NFL, making a young boy's dream come true. To Coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider, John Idzik, Coach Richard, Rocky Seto, the LOB, my teammates, the training staff, the equipment guys the Seahawks organization as a whole and most importantly the 12th Man, I say thank you for everything you have done for myself and my family. I am a truly blessed person.

BB

FA farewells just don't any classier than that!

AMEN BROTHER BOB!
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:29 am

savvyman wrote:Outstanding News.

Very happy for Brandon - He deserves every dollar of that contract.

I am also glad he is not collecting that money down in San Francisco.....

Savvy,
Took the words out of mouth. Any word on Thurmond?
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum