Jacksonville's come from behind win

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Jacksonville's come from behind win

Postby trents » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:33 pm

Was happy for Doug Pedersen. One of the good guys in the league. Chargers have had trouble finishing games all season long.
trents
Legacy

Re: Jacksonville's come from behind win

Postby NorthHawk » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Good for them after years of bad play.
It shows the importance of a true Franchise QB.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:16 pm

Yes, that game was awesome. It definitely helped from our pathetic performance. Pulling for the jags!
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:24 pm

Nice comeback for them.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:03 am

Yeah, I was glad to see the Jags win. For one thing, I wasn't sure of the tiebreaker for draft positioning. The Jags had the same 9-8 regular season record as we do. Their win means they'll be picking above us. And for the same reason, I'll be rooting for the Bucs to win today, even though it would be nice to see Tom Brady go out with a loud thump.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:40 am

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, I was glad to see the Jags win. For one thing, I wasn't sure of the tiebreaker for draft positioning. The Jags had the same 9-8 regular season record as we do. Their win means they'll be picking above us. And for the same reason, I'll be rooting for the Bucs to win today, even though it would be nice to see Tom Brady go out with a loud thump.

Tampa and Tompon will not have my vote.
Huge penalty on Joey Bosa for unsportsmanlike in the final seconds for slamming his helmet after a no call on an absolute undressing right in front of god and everyone as he was attempting to sack Lawrence. You up 27 zip its your own fault and its definitely an unsportsmanlike but that was a rough sequence, probably the difference in the game.
Despite our loss yesterday I was very proud of DK for not losing his cool and getting a flag despite being held and grabbed all day. His best game of the year.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 am

RiverDog wrote:Yeah, I was glad to see the Jags win. For one thing, I wasn't sure of the tiebreaker for draft positioning. The Jags had the same 9-8 regular season record as we do. Their win means they'll be picking above us. And for the same reason, I'll be rooting for the Bucs to win today, even though it would be nice to see Tom Brady go out with a loud thump.

Hawktawk wrote:Tampa and Tompon will not have my vote.

If it means that we'll get a better draft position if TB/TB wins, then I'll root for them. Besides, if they win, it means that the Cowboys will once again be one and done in the playoffs, something that I'd take great pleasure in.

Hawktawk wrote:Huge penalty on Joey Bosa for unsportsmanlike in the final seconds for slamming his helmet after a no call on an absolute undressing right in front of god and everyone as he was attempting to sack Lawrence. You up 27 zip its your own fault and its definitely an unsportsmanlike but that was a rough sequence, probably the difference in the game.
Despite our loss yesterday I was very proud of DK for not losing his cool and getting a flag despite being held and grabbed all day. His best game of the year.

Yep, I saw that, although I do feel that the refs missed a false start. As a player, you have to understand that the refs are going to miss one now and then.

We've seen a bunch of stupid arse PF penalties in the past couple of weeks, the worst being in last weeks Packers-Lions game in which that Packers LB pushed a trainer that was trying to help an injured player. The Niners' Ward gave us a gift 3 points at the end of the 1st half with his PF on a sliding Geno.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:53 am

Its another discussion but yeah, they miss some. fair enough. I think there's misses and overlooks too. Decisions. I dont even know what criteria they use to call or not call holding anymore
It needs cleaned up. Ill agree there's been some stupid football lately but this sport can do better. the assault on the skinny little trainer was the golden bee bee though, hand painted raindrop :shock: :lol: :lol: Never seen the likes of that ever.
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:09 am

Hawktawk wrote:Its another discussion but yeah, they miss some. fair enough. I think there's misses and overlooks too. Decisions. I dont even know what criteria they use to call or not call holding anymore
It needs cleaned up. Ill agree there's been some stupid football lately but this sport can do better. the assault on the skinny little trainer was the golden bee bee though, hand painted raindrop :shock: :lol: :lol: Never seen the likes of that ever.

I haven't seen anything like that, either. And it came 6 days after a trainer saved a player's life on the field and on national TV. What's with today's players, anyway?

It seems that today's players are more susceptible to losing their cool and demonstrating their anger more so today than they ever used to. Metcalf isn't the only man child. Maybe it's a reflection of society in general, our challenging of authority figures, protests, an attitude of entitlement. Whatever it is, it seems to have been getting worse.

I can remember playing in Little League baseball in the mid 60's. If a player threw his bat or glove, it was cause for immediate ejection, and if the coach or umpire didn't do it, the league president would come out of the stands and order the player to the bench.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:57 am

I was a grid kids coach 17 years ago and saw a parent come off the sidelines and grab a kid from the other team by the arm and start shaking him for tackling his kid too hard . The other coach laid him out . Cops called to a 4th grade game . :D :D :o :D Sportsmanship is dead and getting deader . I agree pro athletes have lost their poise and maturity for the most part . It’s why in a bad loss I had hope by the way DK conducted himself after the whistle . Seems like the strategy has become put the clamps on him and hope it doesn’t get called. It didn’t .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am

Hawktawk wrote:I was a grid kids coach 17 years ago and saw a parent come off the sidelines and grab a kid from the other team by the arm and start shaking him for tackling his kid too hard . The other coach laid him out . Cops called to a 4th grade game . :D :D :o :D Sportsmanship is dead and getting deader . I agree pro athletes have lost their poise and maturity for the most part . It’s why in a bad loss I had hope by the way DK conducted himself after the whistle . Seems like the strategy has become put the clamps on him and hope it doesn’t get called. It didn’t .

Metcalf had 10 catches in 13 targets, so if they put the clamps on him, it wasn't very effective. They're letting DB's get away with more this season. They picked up a flag in last night's Chargers-Jags game that Terry McCaulay said before they picked it up that it wasn't a foul and that the league had given everyone a directive about allowing more contact with receivers.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 am

The league thinks more Offense means more viewers.
I don't think it's a better game, but just a higher scoring game.
Once in a while it's OK, but all the time gets boring if the defenders are too constrained.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:51 am

One time yesterday later in the game we were way behind the sticks and DK is running up the left sideline and maybe 10 yards down field the guy wraps his arms around his waist for a second clearly impeding him for a tiny bit on a throw that was just past his fingertips that would have been a first down .

Way it was going it wouldn’t have mattered but ok they missed it or it’s contact they allow now or whatever . But then they flag man downfield 3 times on the same guy and he’s maybe a foot or 2 downfield engaged with nobody . Do you see my point ? Those calls while technically correct are why they wind up with 15.1 calls a game while we both saw them overlook stuff by both teams the entire first half and much of the second including an embarrassing sickening dirty play by our guy .

It should be better .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:11 am

NorthHawk wrote:The league thinks more Offense means more viewers.
I don't think it's a better game, but just a higher scoring game.
Once in a while it's OK, but all the time gets boring if the defenders are too constrained.

I agree. I'm good with how they're calling PI. Most of the rule changes over the past 50 years have benefitted the offense.

I like some scoring, but I like seeing good defense, too, something that's lacking in CFB and a big part of my declining interest in their game.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:08 pm

Miami nearly knocked off Buffalo with a QB that was drafted one spot ahead of Purdy. Better search Rnd 7 for a new QB
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:21 pm

Josh Allen is a bad man but there’s more than 32 guys in the world capable of doing this . If you have no qb at all maybe get in the crapshoot to find your future 60 million guy or whatever . Otherwise yes we’re are learning there’s more then one formula to win .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:52 pm

That Buffalo defense not the same after losing Von Miller.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Aseahawkfan wrote:That Buffalo defense not the same after losing Von Miller.

Also Hamlin who was a very good starting second year safety . Safety play is as important as anything .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum