Aaron Rodgers

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Aaron Rodgers

Postby RiverDog » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:14 pm

If the whole Joe Rogan animal de-wormer covid treatment thing wasn't enough to convince us that Aaron Rodgers is a cup and a saucer short of a full plate setting, this story should confirm that assessment:

Since Aaron Rodgers didn’t make it back to the Super Bowl (or the tournament that culminates in a potential Super Bowl berth), he’s got some free time this week. Over the weekend, he was hitting small spheres. On Monday, he’ll be talking about much larger ones.

He’s the guest speaker at an astrological event. A “masterclass,” if you will. Specifically, an Astrological Immersion Party aimed at helping the participant “fall in love . . . with YOU” through the “ancient science of astrology.”

During the conference, participants will “[d]iscover how Aaron Rodgers has fallen in love with his fate and uses it to have confidence without validation or approval and how you can, too.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... y-seminar/

When I used the term "Weird Beard" in reference to Rodgers, I thought that I was being rather comical. But it turns out that it's a slam dunk spot on characterization. The guy is a weird dude.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Postby Hawktawk » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:36 pm

RiverDog wrote:If the whole Joe Rogan animal de-wormer covid treatment thing wasn't enough to convince us that Aaron Rodgers is a cup and a saucer short of a full plate setting, this story should confirm that assessment:

Since Aaron Rodgers didn’t make it back to the Super Bowl (or the tournament that culminates in a potential Super Bowl berth), he’s got some free time this week. Over the weekend, he was hitting small spheres. On Monday, he’ll be talking about much larger ones.

He’s the guest speaker at an astrological event. A “masterclass,” if you will. Specifically, an Astrological Immersion Party aimed at helping the participant “fall in love . . . with YOU” through the “ancient science of astrology.”

During the conference, participants will “[d]iscover how Aaron Rodgers has fallen in love with his fate and uses it to have confidence without validation or approval and how you can, too.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... y-seminar/

When I used the term "Weird Beard" in reference to Rodgers, I thought that I was being rather comical. But it turns out that it's a slam dunk spot on characterization. The guy is a weird dude.

Yup and a 50 million per weirdo who might be on the trade block . After Russ and the absolutely dreadful Deshawn Watson and injured and ordinary Matt Stafford he’s the worst value in the league . Will anyone bite ? I wonder .

He’s like lots of other wierd quirky guys . It’s ok when your winning but when you’re not it’s a problem . Geno smith had better numbers and more wins .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 pm

Holy cow, Hawktawk. You composed a post without messing up the quotes! Congratulations! j/k.

Rodgers quarterbacking ability is unrivaled, even compared to the GOAT. No one can do more with less than he can. His hard count is the best I've ever seen. How many times have we seen him get a DL to jump then knowing that he has a free play, hit a WR on a fly route for a TD.

But the guy is as phony as a $3 bill. Not a guy I'd want to have as my next door neighbor. He'd have too many UFO's landing in his backyard.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby trents » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:42 pm

Did you hear the ESPN interview Rogers this afternoon? He is going on a four day long "darkness retreat". He will be in a totally dark environment for four days in a "small house" where they will serve him food through a slot in wall. I wonder if that is part of his astrological associations.
trents
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Another example of money and fame making someone go nutty.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:04 pm

And it just goes to show that you can be a Flake and a great player at the same time.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:05 am

trents wrote:Did you hear the ESPN interview Rogers this afternoon? He is going on a four day long "darkness retreat". He will be in a totally dark environment for four days in a "small house" where they will serve him food through a slot in wall. I wonder if that is part of his astrological associations.

Yeah, I heard about that, too. I wonder if he's going to be talking to the dead, too, maybe pick Bill Walsh's brain or something.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:21 am

RiverDog wrote:Holy cow, Hawktawk. You composed a post without messing up the quotes! Congratulations! j/k.

Rodgers quarterbacking ability is unrivaled, even compared to the GOAT. No one can do more with less than he can. His hard count is the best I've ever seen. How many times have we seen him get a DL to jump then knowing that he has a free play, hit a WR on a fly route for a TD.

But the guy is as phony as a $3 bill. Not a guy I'd want to have as my next door neighbor. He'd have too many UFO's landing in his backyard.

I just struggle with the quotes . Not quite sure what to do . It’s why I often post without linking other comments . Almost always on an old small screen phone with big fat fingers . I’ll work on it .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:48 am

RiverDog wrote:Holy cow, Hawktawk. You composed a post without messing up the quotes! Congratulations! j/k.

Hawktawk wrote:I just struggle with the quotes . Not quite sure what to do . It’s why I often post without linking other comments . Almost always on an old small screen phone with big fat fingers . I’ll work on it .

I can usually figure it out, so it's not a huge problem with me.

But here's a tip: After I submit a post, I'll always review it and often times find errors that I'll edit by manually typing in the [quote="RiverDog"] that codes the post as well as the bracketed /quote after the last word of the comment. It's likely a lot easier for me as I have a Surface 7 tablet with a keyboard that I really like. As much as you like doing this kind of stuff, it might be something that you would want to consider.

That's one of the things that I like about posting in this forum. The traffic is slow enough to where I can, and will, edit my post multiple times before anyone reads and replies to it.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Old but Slow » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:27 am

I can't do any of that stuff. Can't quote, can't link...and no 10 year old to show me how.

Since posting is being discussed I would like to take an OT moment to state my appreciation for the quality of postings on this site. Nobody gets shouted down for having a different opinion, and, for the most part, disagreements are civil. Thank you, it is restful here, maybe I will stay.
Old but Slow
Legacy

Postby trents » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:20 pm

Managing quotes on a phone would be challenging.
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 pm

Old but Slow wrote:Since posting is being discussed I would like to take an OT moment to state my appreciation for the quality of postings on this site. Nobody gets shouted down for having a different opinion, and, for the most part, disagreements are civil. Thank you, it is restful here, maybe I will stay.

I agree. It's a very tight knit community as we all know each other.

And yes, posting from a cell phone must be difficult, especially for us baby boomers that have 5 thumbs on each hand. That's why I use a tablet computer.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:04 am

I know there’s lots of click bait out there but I caught an article saying if Green Bay and NYJ can’t work it out the 9ers are ready to step in . Reasons given is Purdy not even being ready to throw till September and the uncertainty about Lance as a competent starter . Lance also can’t stay healthy and Purdy barely had an NFL arm to begin with and this won’t help .

I think Arod has slipped , not as much as Russ but he still would scare me with that offense someone or 2 is open every play . Hope it’s just a rumor .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:00 am

Hawktawk wrote:I know there’s lots of click bait out there but I caught an article saying if Green Bay and NYJ can’t work it out the 9ers are ready to step in . Reasons given is Purdy not even being ready to throw till September and the uncertainty about Lance as a competent starter . Lance also can’t stay healthy and Purdy barely had an NFL arm to begin with and this won’t help .

I think Arod has slipped , not as much as Russ but he still would scare me with that offense someone or 2 is open every play . Hope it’s just a rumor .

I saw that, too, as it was discussed at great length in the other forum I frequent. The consensus is that it is 100% click bait speculation that the Niners are interested in him. But I be more concerned if Lamar Jackson ended up with the Niners as he'd be a better fit for that system than Rodgers.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:28 am

Rodgers comes with a $31M Cap hit. The 49ers have about $5M in Cap room and it doesn’t include paying for draft picks.
As most of the expected roster is set along with Cap expenditures, it would be difficult to fit his salary in without radical changes to personnel. The Jets have been planning this from the beginning of the offseason so they have a plan in place to accommodate his salary.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:55 pm

NorthHawk wrote:Rodgers comes with a $31M Cap hit. The 49ers have about $5M in Cap room and it doesn’t include paying for draft picks.
As most of the expected roster is set along with Cap expenditures, it would be difficult to fit his salary in without radical changes to personnel. The Jets have been planning this from the beginning of the offseason so they have a plan in place to accommodate his salary.

Yeah, the Jets and Packers are playing a game of chicken. The Jets don't want to give up their #1 pick, which seems to be the asking price.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:52 am

On the Packers side is if they can't come to a trade agreement, Rodgers is the type who would show up at OTA's or TC and force them to pay him his contract thus blowing up their Cap plans - just to be a jerk.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:37 am

Who really knows and who really cares but reported yesterday the Pack and Jets had the parameters set up and basically agreed to trade Rodgers. Then he made the 90%retired comments on Pat Mackafees show then went dark for 5 days . It apparently scared the Jets wondering what they were really getting for their investment even though Rodgers weird beard :D eventually said he wanted to play . It’s what’s led to this war over compensation .

For the life of me I can’t figure out what the jets or anyone else is thinking after the Wilson debacle with a far less likeable diva , skills in decline . All about being in the news.

If I were the jets I’d build a line and put Mike White behind it while I figure out if Wilson can play .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:26 am

Hawktawk wrote:Who really knows and who really cares but reported yesterday the Pack and Jets had the parameters set up and basically agreed to trade Rodgers. Then he made the 90%retired comments on Pat Mackafees show then went dark for 5 days . It apparently scared the Jets wondering what they were really getting for their investment even though Rodgers weird beard :D eventually said he wanted to play . It’s what’s led to this war over compensation .

For the life of me I can’t figure out what the jets or anyone else is thinking after the Wilson debacle with a far less likeable diva , skills in decline . All about being in the news.

If I were the jets I’d build a line and put Mike White behind it while I figure out if Wilson can play .

I agree completely. I'm not sure if Mike White is the answer to their 5 decades old QB problem, but he'd be better than forking over some draft picks and bringing in the unpredictable and enigmatic Rodgers.

Oh, and I'm delighted to see that you've adapted my "Weird Beard" handle for Rodgers. Maybe it will catch on.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:04 am

Mike White signed with the Dolphins.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:19 am

NorthHawk wrote:Mike White signed with the Dolphins.

Ahh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Hawktawk » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:10 am

Thanks for the correction North . White is streaky but has put up some astounding numbers in some games , not in others . He’s in a good situation with the uncertainty about Tua . If I’m the Jets I still don’t give up a plug nickel for Rodgers .
Hawktawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum