hmmmmmmm....... Interesting

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

hmmmmmmm....... Interesting

Postby savvyman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Jermichael Finley has Richard Sherman as one of his new twitter followers:

https://twitter.com/JermichaelF88/following

And Richard Sherman has Jermichael Finley as one of his new followers......

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/following
savvyman
Legacy

Re: hmmmmmmm....... Interesting

Postby monkey » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 pm

That is interesting. Like I said, reworking Zack Miller's salary may make it more likely they sign Finley, not less, as it gives them around 3 million more to allocate towards the TE position and they still probably want someone to compete with Willson for the Joker role.
We'll soon find out.
monkey
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Maybe even more interesting, over on field gulls Danny Kelly has been getting tweets from people that would suggest we are about to land Melton.
If so that would be...well I will be most happy. The guy can flat out play, and would fit what we do like a glove even better than what I was hoping to get out of Hatcher.
This has me very excited.

Check this out! http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17863165 Rumors/tweets etc... popping up all over. Sounds like this is going to happen.

Imagine a line with a rotations of Avril/Bennett/Mebane/Melton etc...stupid good!
monkey
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:28 pm

The Finley thing is happening, it's just waiting on a note from his doctor: http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... -seahawks/

The Melton thing I'm keeping my fingers crossed for.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby mykc14 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

come on please let this happen with Melton.... please. Also, please let it be for more than 1 year! Finley signing would also be great, but let this Melton thing happen!
mykc14
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I hope if they do sign Melton, it's for more than a year. I get leery of d lineman coming off ACL's. Not really debatable that Clemmons wasn't the same until almost the playoffs, if they sign him for a year, and he isn't healthy, I just don't see that as some sort of boon. I want Melton on this team, but like I said, I want a healthy Melton, not someone trying to rehab to be good again,
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm still waiting for us to re-sign Hauschka..................
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby savvyman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:55 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:I hope if they do sign Melton, it's for more than a year. I get leery of d lineman coming off ACL's. Not really debatable that Clemmons wasn't the same until almost the playoffs, if they sign him for a year, and he isn't healthy, I just don't see that as some sort of boon. I want Melton on this team, but like I said, I want a healthy Melton, not someone trying to rehab to be good again,

Here is the Latest:

https://twitter.com/bears_insider/status/445042909239574528
savvyman
Legacy

Postby monkey » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm

BTW for those of us who would like to see Hauschka get paid, apparently there was a picture that got (tweeted? I think?) of his wife, at their table in what appeared to be full celebration mode, with a bottle of Dom, which then got taken down somehow.
I missed the picture, never saw it, only heard about it after the fact, but from what I am hearing, it seems as though they were celebrating something big.
Now that is obviously extreme speculation based on nothing more than a rumor of a picture.

Just don't be surprised if, by tomorrow there are three deals done for the Seahawks, Hauschka, Finley and Melton.
monkey
Legacy

Postby curmudgeon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 am

Melton left Seattle w/o a contract, headed to hometown Dallas..........
curmudgeon
Legacy

Postby Distant Relative » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

Finley’s 2013 season with the Green Bay Packers came to a premature end after the tight end suffered a spinal injury against the Cleveland Browns last October. The injury required surgery to fuse together his C3 and C4 vertebrae.

Finley’s camp has been optimistic all along that Finley will return to the field. He has been cleared for everything but full contact at this point. Once that happens, he’s in line to join a Seahawks offense that certainly could use his punch at tight end

Is it really worth it to sign him, not knowing if he can even take a hit? I worry about signings like this.
Distant Relative
Legacy

Postby hoxgmp » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:51 am

Henry Melton's bar incident could affect negotiations on a long-term deal -

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/insid ... -incident/
hoxgmp
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:56 am

Distant Relative wrote:Finley’s 2013 season with the Green Bay Packers came to a premature end after the tight end suffered a spinal injury against the Cleveland Browns last October. The injury required surgery to fuse together his C3 and C4 vertebrae.

Finley’s camp has been optimistic all along that Finley will return to the field. He has been cleared for everything but full contact at this point. Once that happens, he’s in line to join a Seahawks offense that certainly could use his punch at tight end

Is it really worth it to sign him, not knowing if he can even take a hit? I worry about signings like this.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to do it. Not like they can say, come out to a couple full contact practices, then maybe we'll sign you..... course if he can't there is always things that can insure a team from getting hit to hard, hopefully Seattle is smart about the way they word it...
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum