OT John Moffitt is an

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT John Moffitt is an

Postby monkey » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:54 pm

monkey
Legacy

Re: OT John Moffitt is an

Postby HumanCockroach » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Maybe he doesn't want to trade health for money, but it seems to me based on this report he still likes money..... what a tool.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby depaashaas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Well if you are a player that played on two teams in one season and both teams make it to super bowl and you quit that tells you something about how smart he is right. Has that ever happened before that one player played on two teams in same year and both teams make it to super bowl?
depaashaas
Legacy

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Snippet from article quoting John Moffitt and circumstances:
They have five days to formally release Moffitt, who left more than $1 million on the table, including about $312,000 for the remainder of this season and more than $700,000 in salary next season.

Moffitt said he knows teammates and fans don't understand how he could forgo the fame and fortune of pro football.

"I just really thought about it and decided I'm not happy. I'm not happy at all," Moffitt told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Seattle. "And I think it's really madness to risk your body, risk your well-being and risk your happiness for money."

So he leaves a million dollars gross on the table, at a cush position to be in the SB. For selling drugs in a club.

What a freaking moron. NUTS. He was doing drugs the entire time while he was in the NFL and did not want the testing by the NFL to catch up with him. That is the only explanation.
Eaglehawk
Legacy

Postby briwas101 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:18 am

Good riddance.

He didn't want to risk his health playing football? He had access to great doctors and dieticians and personal trainers. He had the opportunity to make enough money to support a healthy and happy lifestyle for the rest of his life if he just played 1 or 2 more seasons.

Good luck filling your body with healthy food without a job. Even you don't make enough boogers to fill you up you sick fu%&
briwas101
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 am

When he was here he seemed like a good guy.
There was the peeing incident, and maybe it should have had more impact on my impression, but he seemed likable enough.

To finish your Subject Line
John Moffitt is an idiot for getting into illegal drugs.
With his sense of humor he might have been able to get into broadcasting of some sort. That's probably done now.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Zorn76 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:45 pm

At the end of the day, I wish John Moffitt well. I understand the sentiment that he's a tool, idiot, etc. I look at it more as a guy going downhill pretty quick, and he needs help. He didn't have a long rap sheet history going into this situation, so that's something to consider. Best of luck to him. Get help.
Zorn76
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:34 am

I hope it's not a mental issue and just a behavior problem, but if it is I hope he gets proper help early so he can manage well in society.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum