nfl cheerleaders and belly piercings

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Why doesn't the NFL allow cheerleaders to sport belly piercings and tramp stamps?

Because it doesn't like women.
No votes
Because it doesn't like the First Amendment.
No votes
Because it doesn't want to appear to condone sexual promiscuity, even though its perfectly fine with selling alcohol at games and taking umpteen billion dollars from alcohol in advertisement revenue.
38%
Because it doesn't want to distract fans from The League's real moneymaker, the games themselves.
No votes
Because it doesn't want to distract officiating crews from calling good games, thereby hurting its product.
13%
Because it is trying to market itself to the international community, and fears cheerleaders sporting belly piercings and tramp stamps would give the wrong idea about the League — and America itself — to the Red Coats and others.
No votes
Because Roger Goodell sucks.
38%
All of the above.
13%

Total votes : 8

nfl cheerleaders and belly piercings

Postby rottweiler » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:04 am

Why doesn't the League allow cheerleaders to sport belly piercings and tramp stamps?

I assume the football players can have them.

Is it gender discrimination?
rottweiler
Legacy

Re: nfl cheerleaders and belly piercings

Postby Steady_Hawk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 am

Rott,

This topic has never occurred to me. Personally, it takes a seriously stunning women to pull off tats. These women are trying to get modeling gigs, find rich suitors and elevate their future. Tats and piercings may affect that. Some guys like it, but I would venture to say most do not. I'm not sure why the NFL wouldn't allow these things but they do allow the players to get tatted up which makes me wonder if it's more the cheerleaders making the conscious decision to look as clean as possible for their future livelihood.
Steady_Hawk
Legacy

Postby FolkCrusader » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm

There are no NFL rules regarding cheerleaders. Each club that has a squad has their own rules. Body piercings and tattoos are usually not an issue as far as getting the job. Most ask squad members to remove piercings and use a coverup on tattoos while performing. Pretty normal for most performers.
FolkCrusader
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Steady_Hawk wrote:Rott,

This topic has never occurred to me.

And that's exactly one of the reasons I penned this thread, bro: I'm hoping that this topic hasn't occurred to many of us; hoping I'm still — to be succinct — the same ol' straight-up, stone-cold rotten oddball I've always been.

I'm thinking (or hoping) that being that same oddball will help lure some folks here; will help us get some more traffic.

Nobody goes to a carnival to see a sideshow of a happily-married insurance salesman with two kids, a dog, a station wagon and a two-story home in Topeka, Kansas — in short, a fully-functioning member of society — you know.

The other reasons?

1.) I've been wanting to try out the polling format of yoder's new kick-butt site here; and
2.) Like the characters played by Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell in Wedding Crashers, I, too, love belly piercings and tramp stamps, because as we both know, they're "bulls-eyes," bro.

Plus, the idea really just occurred to me for the first-time ever last night, honestly.

Steady_Hawk wrote:Personally, it takes a seriously stunning women to pull off tats. These women are trying to get modeling gigs, find rich suitors and elevate their future.

We both know that it turns them on bigtime to be talked about, too.

S'pose one might say that this thread is just trying to do its part to test a little sociopsychology.

Here at The Hawkshack, we aim to please, see.

Steady_Hawk wrote:Tats and piercings may affect that. Some guys like it, but I would venture to say most do not.

Count me in the crowd that likes it. Better (or worse) yet, loves it.

Steady_Hawk wrote:I'm not sure why the NFL wouldn't allow these things but they do allow the players to get tatted up which makes me wonder if it's more the cheerleaders making the conscious decision to look as clean as possible for their future livelihood.

Like you, I, too, am not sure why The League wouldn't allow them. But all one need do is Google "NFL cheerleaders belly piercings" to see for oneself first-hand that there does indeed seem to be a serious dearth of them in it.

There must be some systematic reason why we don't see either belly piercings and/ or tramp stamps there, IMHO.

At any rate, I hafta say I'm glad that — like a Stairway to Heaven — I did my part to make someone wonder today.

I blame Roger Goodell, if I haven't. :twisted:
Last edited by rottweiler on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:56 pm

" Nobody goes to a carnival to see a sideshow of a happily-married insurance salesman with two kids, a dog, a station wagon and a two-story home in Topeka, Kansas — in short, a fully-functioning member of society — you know."

They don't? Crap, I need to get with the times, see to me, you just described perfectly a sideshow "freak" in today's society...LOL... not to many of those guys roaming around these days. Missionary, responsible, church going, non drinking, non fornicating ( except for procreation) , non swearing, non smoking, obeying all laws kind of people are few and far between IMHO. LOL.
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby rottweiler » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:04 pm

HumanCockroach wrote:" Nobody goes to a carnival to see a sideshow of a happily-married insurance salesman with two kids, a dog, a station wagon and a two-story home in Topeka, Kansas — in short, a fully-functioning member of society — you know."

They don't? Crap, I need to get with the times, see to me, you just described perfectly a sideshow "freak" in today's society...LOL... not to many of those guys roaming around these days. Missionary, responsible, church going, non drinking, non fornicating ( except for procreation) , non swearing, non smoking, obeying all laws kind of people are few and far between IMHO. LOL.

Dammit. My bad.

Maybe I shoulda used a member of the Butte Montana Gay Malaysian Welders Local 1138 as an example instead, bro.

I know some. They drive skateboards.
rottweiler
Legacy

Postby HumanCockroach » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Ah, yes the "normal" folk in todays society...LMAO
HumanCockroach
Legacy

Postby Feez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:05 pm

how did Goodell sucks only get my vote????????? :shock:
Feez
Legacy

Postby Clem7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Feez wrote:how did Goodell sucks only get my vote????????? :shock:

patience, the voting isn't complete yet ; you now have two (kind of like only 1% of precincts are in).
Clem7
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum