Throwback unis are coming!

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Throwback unis are coming!

Postby Oly » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:14 am

After years of waiting, it's finally here. The throwback uniforms are coming on Oct. 29 against the Browns, who may be rocking some all-white throwbacks themselves. I still think those unis are among the best in sports history, so I'm more than a little excited.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/6/6/237 ... and-browns
Oly
Legacy

Re: Throwback unis are coming!

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:47 am

I always liked the color scheme, but I hated the stoned seagull logo. It has to rank up there with Tampa Bay's gay pirate as one of the worst logos ever worn on a helmet.

The Browns game is the one that's been designated a throwback jersey game, and I'll likely be in attendance.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:04 am

That brings up a good question.
Will the throwback helmets use the new Seahawk or old stoned Seahawk?
I think the new one with the old Uni's would be a really good combo.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:12 am

If they use the new logo with the old uniform it wouldn't be a throwback, it'd just be a redesign.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:03 am

NorthHawk wrote:That brings up a good question. Will the throwback helmets use the new Seahawk or old stoned Seahawk?
I think the new one with the old Uni's would be a really good combo.

c_hawkbob wrote:If they use the new logo with the old uniform it wouldn't be a throwback, it'd just be a redesign.

I agree with Cbob. If it's not a head-to-toe duplicate, it's not a throwback.

All the other teams that have had throwback uniforms, such as the Patriots, included their original helmets and logos.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:43 am

Too bad. The color schemes of the old jerseys are great but that uniform is let down by the Seahawk.

Edit:
They used to not be able to change their current helmets when using the throwback jerseys, so there might be a chance that someone sees the light.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am

Not being able to use a different is the reason we haven't done throwbacks since the logo redesign.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 am

NorthHawk wrote:Too bad. The color schemes of the old jerseys are great but that uniform is let down by the Seahawk.

Edit:
They used to not be able to change their current helmets when using the throwback jerseys, so there might be a chance that someone sees the light.

Yeah, not that our current ones are bad...except for the lime green, of which I hate...I liked both the old school home and away uniforms if not for the stoned seagull.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:28 am

Lime green. Radioactive puke.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:11 pm

I thought with so many other oldtimers here that there would be more love for the old look, logo and all. I still prefer the old Seahawk. It was more authentically Native and certainly felt like something that could only adorn a Seattle (or Vancouver BC) team. I think all modern animal logos look the same. They're all variations of a stylized angry animal with thick, mostly black outlines. Meh.

To each their own, I guess. But I'm stoked!
Oly
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:32 pm

Oly wrote:I thought with so many other oldtimers here that there would be more love for the old look, logo and all. I still prefer the old Seahawk. It was more authentically Native and certainly felt like something that could only adorn a Seattle (or Vancouver BC) team. I think all modern animal logos look the same. They're all variations of a stylized angry animal with thick, mostly black outlines. Meh.

To each their own, I guess. But I'm stoked!

I'll take the retro unis, logo and all, over the lime green radioactive puke every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'm not nearly as stoked about the uniforms as I am the team. After a while, the uniforms, no matter how good or bad, become irrelevant.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Old but Slow » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:51 am

The original colors were much better than the current ones. I like the new version of the insignia, but for the rest of the uni, I would go back. And about those weird looking feathers that go down the seams...what is that?
Old but Slow
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:23 am

Old but Slow wrote:And about those weird looking feathers that go down the seams...what is that?

Another tip of the cap to NW Indian art. Seahawks do after all have feathers and that's how they were commonly depicted.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby Oly » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:36 am

The official webpage is the place to go to for pics of the throwback unis. It's worth a visit.

And I'm officially on the list for these to become our new primary uniform. I can see I'm in the minority, but these and the Vikings throwbacks are tied for the best looking uniforms I've seen in the NFL in the past decade.
Oly
Legacy

Postby TriCitySam » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:04 am

https://throwback.seahawks.com/home

Don't match my game-day autographed Cortez Kennedy jersey, but they're not bad.
TriCitySam
Legacy

Postby Vegaseahawk » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:38 pm

All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME. I'm looking for a new retro #10 Zorn jersey to replace my old one. Looking at what's being peddled out there in retro issue, there's only a Largent jersey & a few others who weren't even born when those uniforms were worn. I am way, way excited to see those old colors & design returned. I've been pining for this for decades. River, your lack of love for the old style bird suggests that you may lack appreciation of native PNW art, but your continued reference to the "Stoned Seahawk" always get's a chuckle out of me, as I did partake in consuming my share of Washington's finest herbal products back in the 70's riding on the Bremerton ferry across the mighty Puget Sound to the Kingdome, Seattle Center, or Paramount Theater. Many, many thoughts of great times & experiences harbor themselves in my memories of the great PNW. I still have my game & concert ticket stubs somewhere around here.
Vegaseahawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Vegaseahawk wrote:All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME. I'm looking for a new retro #10 Zorn jersey to replace my old one. Looking at what's being peddled out there in retro issue, there's only a Largent jersey & a few others who weren't even born when those uniforms were worn. I am way, way excited to see those old colors & design returned. I've been pining for this for decades. River, your lack of love for the old style bird suggests that you may lack appreciation of native PNW art, but your continued reference to the "Stoned Seahawk" always get's a chuckle out of me, as I did partake in consuming my share of Washington's finest herbal products back in the 70's riding on the Bremerton ferry across the mighty Puget Sound to the Kingdome, Seattle Center, or Paramount Theater. Many, many thoughts of great times & experiences harbor themselves in my memories of the great PNW. I still have my game & concert ticket stubs somewhere around here.

Ahh, great to see you poking your head in here, Vegas! Don't be such a stranger!

Actually, I got more of a kick out of the Toucan Sam reference to our original logo than I did the stoned seagull.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toucan_Sa ... an_Sam.png
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum