Wilson to the ROH?

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Wilson to the ROH?

Postby obiken » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:40 am

Will, RW make it to the ROH? Just wondering.
obiken
Legacy

Re: Wilson to the ROH?

Postby NorthHawk » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:44 am

Of course he will after he's done playing. Why wouldn't he be?
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:55 am

Agree, he's a no-brainer.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:42 am

obiken wrote:Will, RW make it to the ROH? Just wondering.

Are you sure that you didn't mean to ask if he'd make the HOF and not the ROH? The only thing that could possibly keep Russell out of the ROH is if he got involved in some kind of off field scandal ala Pete Rose, OJ Simpson, etc., something that for him is less likely than getting struck by lightning.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:02 pm

Yeah. He will be in the ROH as first Seahawks QB to win a Super Bowl and set a high bar for future QBs.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:47 pm

Okay, I just wondered. River the HOF is not out of the realm. IF he makes a deep playoff run like the AFC title game I think it puts him in, albeit not first ballot like Wags.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:06 pm

obiken wrote:Okay, I just wondered. River the HOF is not out of the realm. IF he makes a deep playoff run like the AFC title game I think it puts him in, albeit not first ballot like Wags.

I agree, the HOF is a completely different discussion. I was just surprised that you had doubts about his qualifications for the ROH.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:12 pm

RiverDog wrote:I agree, the HOF is a completely different discussion. I was just surprised that you had doubts about his qualifications for the ROH.

Maybe it was all the hatred towards him last year, by people like HT. BTW I was sad to see HT go.
obiken
Legacy

Postby trents » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:52 pm

It would have to be the Seattle ROH and not Denver's. That's for sure.
trents
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:08 am

RiverDog wrote:I agree, the HOF is a completely different discussion. I was just surprised that you had doubts about his qualifications for the ROH.

obiken wrote:Maybe it was all the hatred towards him last year, by people like HT. BTW I was sad to see HT go.

We were all sad to see HT go. BTW, he's not the only Seahawk fan that has a full-blooded hatred of Russell. In the other forum that I frequent, I would guess that the majority of those who post about the subject harbor a similar dislike. There's also the receptions Russell's received in Seattle since the trade that are indicators of at least a strong disapproval of him and/or his actions.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby obiken » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:31 am

[quote="RiverDog"We were all sad to see HT go. BTW, he's not the only Seahawk fan that has a full-blooded hatred of Russell. In the other forum that I frequent, I would guess that the majority of those who post about the subject harbor a similar dislike. There's also the receptions Russell's received in Seattle since the trade that are indicators of at least a strong disapproval of him and/or his actions.[/quote]

I dont know River, I think it was like a marriage where neither side wanted to be the bad guy but they both knew it was over. He is still the best we ever had.
obiken
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:20 am

RiverDog wrote:We were all sad to see HT go. BTW, he's not the only Seahawk fan that has a full-blooded hatred of Russell. In the other forum that I frequent, I would guess that the majority of those who post about the subject harbor a similar dislike. There's also the receptions Russell's received in Seattle since the trade that are indicators of at least a strong disapproval of him and/or his actions.

obiken wrote:I dont know River, I think it was like a marriage where neither side wanted to be the bad guy but they both knew it was over. He is still the best we ever had.

I completely agree. Russell was far and away the best quarterback in franchise history, and I agree that the marriage was over. But I still don't like the way he exited. Although I didn't like how HT got so personal about him, he was exactly right in that Russell's personality had changed quite dramatically from the days he was an innocent, 3rd round draft pick just trying to make the team. He became obsessed with his image.

And it's an issue that he still hasn't recognized as he keeps posting videos of himself working out, talking about how he's been losing weight, knee highs on their flight to Europe, how he's on a diet where he doesn't take a crap for 3 days, and so on, and so on. He says and does stuff that makes you cringe. Too much information.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:47 am

Is there a suggestion that a few years after he retires, Wilson won't be welcome in Seattle as a member of the RoH?
I think that a few might think that way, but I can't believe most would turn their back on a player who brought them their only SB win and 2 consecutive appearances in the SB just because he felt stifled by the Offense and wanted out.
That seems incredibly petty to me. If that's coming from the Twitterverse, well that's what that product does to discussions so I take it with a grain of salt.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:11 am

NorthHawk wrote:Is there a suggestion that a few years after he retires, Wilson won't be welcome in Seattle as a member of the RoH?
I think that a few might think that way, but I can't believe most would turn their back on a player who brought them their only SB win and 2 consecutive appearances in the SB just because he felt stifled by the Offense and wanted out.
That seems incredibly petty to me. If that's coming from the Twitterverse, well that's what that product does to discussions so I take it with a grain of salt.

Time heals all wounds. If Russell were to return today, I would expect to hear a huge cascade of boos raining down, but 10 years from now, there'll be significantly fewer fans that will continue to harbor a hatred. And I don't think it's coming from Twitterverse. It's a very deep, very real sentiment harbored by a lot of fans like Hawktawk. At least that's my impression.

Speaking for myself, even though I didn't like how he left, I wouldn't have booed him as so many did in last season's opener against the Broncos. I wouldn't have applauded or cheered, but I wouldn't have booed.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum