Marquise Goodwin

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Marquise Goodwin

Postby RiverDog » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:44 pm

This one hit home for me. Just a couple of months ago, I lost one of my best friends when he had a blood clot break loose and caused a massive stroke. I sure hope Goodwin's OK.

Browns’ Marquise Goodwin suffering from ‘alarming’ blood clots in legs, lungs.

Veteran Browns wide receiver Marquise Goodwin has blood clots in his legs and lungs, the team announced Friday.

Goodwin, 32, was placed on the non-football illness list last Friday after feeling discomfort in his legs and shortness of breath during team workouts this spring. The blood clots will force the receiver, who is entering his 10th season in the NFL, to miss the start of training camp, the Browns said.

“It was really alarming at first because I’ve experienced injury throughout my career, but it’s never been anything like this that could turn into something detrimental if it’s not taken care of,” he told the team website. “It was frightening at first, but now I’m at ease with it. I’ve prayed and just given it over to God. It’s out of my control, and the only thing I can control is my effort and attitude and how I approach each day moving forward.”

Goodwin signed with the Browns in free agency this offseason after catching 27 passes for 387 yards and four touchdowns in one season with the Seahawks. His career started in 2013 when he was drafted by the Bills in the third round, and he spent four years in Buffalo before spending three years with the 49ers.

Goodwin doesn’t know when he will be able to get on the field again. “It’s one of those things that is totally out of my control, out of the doctor’s control and out of the trainer’s control,” he said. “It’s really an unfortunate deal we have to deal with, but we need to deal with it in the proper fashion. “The Browns are doing everything in their power to support me through it by allowing me to be around the team, on the field and in meetings. “I’m grateful for that, and hopefully this thing gets back under control and I can feel my body and what I need to feel so I can help this team make this run.”

He has played in 102 career games and has 187 receptions for 3,023 yards.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/browns-ma ... and-lungs/
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Marquise Goodwin

Postby Aseahawkfan » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:59 pm

That is harsh. Hopefully they figure out what's going on with him. 32 and an athlete. Hard to imagine how this issue became such a problem without a genetic component.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum