Eskridge sussied 6 games

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Eskridge sussied 6 games

Postby Agent 86 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:58 pm

Opens up the door for that #4 spot for most likely Dareke Young or Cody Thompson. Or perhaps they bring someone in now in free agency on a cheap deal.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/8/4/23820416/nfl-suspends-seahawks-receiver-dee-eskridge-six-games-personal-conduct-policy-news
Agent 86
Legacy

Re: Eskridge sussied 6 games

Postby c_hawkbob » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:38 pm

I remember when Pete was saying DV ain't tolerated here.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:58 pm

Boy, 6 games even though it's a misdemeanor, he's cooperated fully, and has jumped through all the hoops. Seems a little excessive.

I'd be surprised if Eskridge is still on the team at the end of the season. Busted pick.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:19 pm

I think he’ll be on the roster until week 8 in case of other WR injuries, but he has to prove himself until the end of TC.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:50 pm

This guy has been a big zero in Seattle. If we cut him, we wouldn't even notice.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby jshawaii22 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:15 pm

Do you think The NFL has a 'fairness' issue with this? Alvin Kimura was the initiator and the front man of 4 men that beat the crap out of a innocent person, who made the mistake of wanting to get into an elevator at Dre's nightclub... and after 1.5 years of BS through the courts, pleads no contest to reduced charges and walks away with a 3 game NFL suspension. Four camera's captured it and they bragged about it in a limo later that night. And the limo had a video system, too. All this is public domain.

For the uninformed, this was because he paid off the person he beat the crap out of and settled with him the night before the trial was supposed to start.
Must be nice to have the $$$ to do this and very, very typical for Vegas to wash away these issues.

NFL plays along. As long as it's not domestic violence, you're OK!
jshawaii22
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Nothing new for the NFL.

Ray Murder and his boys murdered someone and nothing much happened to Ray.

The 70s to 90s Cowboys were a fricking mess of bad behavior the NFL never did anything about. Michael Irvin was doing coke. One of the D-line guys was a weed dealer. The Dallas parties were legendary. Nothing happened to them.

We all remember Ben R and his creepy charges. Nothing much happened to him.

This is all business as usual for the NFL if you are a good player that is still producing. Roleplayers, on the bubble, or player at the end of their career, you can throw them to the wolves. Great player, that can be covered up.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:04 pm

jshawaii22 wrote:Do you think The NFL has a 'fairness' issue with this? Alvin Kimura was the initiator and the front man of 4 men that beat the crap out of a innocent person, who made the mistake of wanting to get into an elevator at Dre's nightclub... and after 1.5 years of BS through the courts, pleads no contest to reduced charges and walks away with a 3 game NFL suspension. Four camera's captured it and they bragged about it in a limo later that night. And the limo had a video system, too. All this is public domain.

For the uninformed, this was because he paid off the person he beat the crap out of and settled with him the night before the trial was supposed to start.
Must be nice to have the $$$ to do this and very, very typical for Vegas to wash away these issues.

NFL plays along. As long as it's not domestic violence, you're OK!

I said right off that this suspension was too harsh. Eskridge did everything right, cooperated with the authorities, jump through all the hoops, yet he still gets slapped with 6 games. I don't think he should have been let off Scott free, but a 2 game suspension would have been plenty to show everyone that the league doesn't tolerate domestic abuse.

But, on the other hand, we can't complain as Geno got off without so much as a slap on the wrists for his incident, and he's a helluva lot more important to our team than Eskridge.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:42 pm

Totally agree with Riv seems too harsh considering the crime, and all he did after. I just want to see him play healthy, all reports say he's been having a great camp (getting decked by Spoon notwithstanding)
I-5
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum