Hawks vs. Cowgirls

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Hawks vs. Cowgirls

Postby Spohawk5092 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:53 pm

This I am thinking should be interesting. Dallas was pretty good last year. Wishing I was in Seattle to see this as our air over here is HORRIBLE.

Go Hawks!
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Re: Hawks vs. Cowgirls

Postby RiverDog » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:42 pm

Spohawk5092 wrote:This I am thinking should be interesting. Dallas was pretty good last year. Wishing I was in Seattle to see this as our air over here is HORRIBLE.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, the air is pretty bad here in the Tri Cities, too, worst of this summer and expected to continue through the weekend.

I can't get too excited about preseason games.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:40 pm

Where is smoke from? Maui?

It looks there are fires in Idaho too.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:57 pm

Smith-Njigba looks way too good early. Damn.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:12 am

Aseahawkfan wrote:Where is smoke from? Maui?

It looks there are fires in Idaho too.

Most of what we're getting here in the Tri Cities is from a fire burning just north of the border in British Columbia. There are several fires in the Spokane area that I imagine is affecting their unhealthy air there. We've been pretty lucky so far as we haven't had a lot of smoke from wildfires. This is the worst its been this summer.

Mafe looked pretty good. He's one player to keep an eye on as a lot of people are saying that he's looking good in camp and might be ready to take that next step.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Stream Hawk » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:08 am

Yeah, I’m in Bellingham and the smoke is all from the BC interior. I’m thinking the last next couple weeks will be pretty packed with smoke everywhere. Climate change is real, folks.
Regarding the Seahawks. I still don’t want to start Michael Jackson. I remember him being a liability all last year. Really tired of hearing how great he looks in camp. We need Witherspoon to take that spot and get healthy ASAP. Our interior OL did not look great and I’m still hoping all Oluwatimi takes over at center. JSN may in fact be the next Justin Jefferson.
Stream Hawk
Legacy

Postby Old but Slow » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:36 pm

Jackson was not good, although his coverage is decent, he seems unable to play the ball. He needs to learn to pick up the ball in the air and knock it down or catch it. Not happening. I am wondering if Ahlers would fit on the practice squad without being claimed.
Old but Slow
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:03 pm

Stream Hawk wrote:Yeah, I’m in Bellingham and the smoke is all from the BC interior. I’m thinking the last next couple weeks will be pretty packed with smoke everywhere. Climate change is real, folks.
Regarding the Seahawks. I still don’t want to start Michael Jackson. I remember him being a liability all last year. Really tired of hearing how great he looks in camp. We need Witherspoon to take that spot and get healthy ASAP. Our interior OL did not look great and I’m still hoping all Oluwatimi takes over at center. JSN may in fact be the next Justin Jefferson.

There are some big fires in the Spokane area, too. They've had to evacuate the entire town of Medical Lake, a pretty sizable community of 5,000 people. The AQI for Spokane this morning was rated as hazardous.

In addition to Mafe, I thought that Bobo, a wide receiver, looked really good, and apparently, he's working his butt off at camp, first to arrive, last to leave. He might have earned a roster spot at least until Eskridge comes back from suspension.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Spohawk5092 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:37 am

I too was really impressed with Bobo.
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:49 am

It turns out that I have both games recorded and didn't even know it. I have a device called a Tablo, a DVR that I use to record over-the-air telecasts, and it recorded both the Vikings and Cowpie games. Now, I can go back and watch them in a little more detail.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:27 pm

I saw Bobo a few times last year and thought he was much faster than he timed out at the combine. Apparently he ran a 4.99 on his Pro Day.
He's one of those players that just gets the job done. Somehow he gets separation and wins contested balls. He did it in the games I saw of UCLA on a regular basis.
Add to it, the comments from some of the former players are that the rest of the team really likes him.
I can't help but like a guy who doesn't have the measureables but works hard and still succeeds.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum