DK's Candy Diet

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

DK's Candy Diet

Postby 4XPIPS » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:09 pm

Not sure if this was previously discussed as I have been gone for the last 10 years from here, but this is actually insane for DK to be this shredded and live off one meal a day and candy for the most part of the day.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/0 ... ntric-diet
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: DK's Candy Diet

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:49 pm

He should be more serious about his diet. I hope this is mostly BS. Genetic freakiness only sustains you so long and it sustains longer if you take better care of it.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby I-5 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:56 pm

I know he loves his candy, but there's no way that's his actual diet. Here's another interview early in his career where he talks about his nutritionist and other details.

https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-dk-metcalf
I-5
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:04 pm

This interview was pretty recent, but I have heard of intermittent fasting, which is like fasting for 18 hours and eating for 6 hours, or there is the warrior diet which is eat 4 hours and fast for 20 hours, and both are designed to keep fat off and maintain muscle mass, however I doubt he is following these.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:45 pm

4XPIPS wrote:This interview was pretty recent, but I have heard of intermittent fasting, which is like fasting for 18 hours and eating for 6 hours, or there is the warrior diet which is eat 4 hours and fast for 20 hours, and both are designed to keep fat off and maintain muscle mass, however I doubt he is following these.

Neither of those are good for elite athletes. The calorie burn for elite athletes and protein needs for tissue repair are so high that he should eating in the 6000 plus calorie range with a high protein, high carb diet during the regular season. If not higher to support his level of muscle mast and activity. Candy would not do it. It would just burn through him with insufficient protein for tissue repair.

I lift weights 2 days a week heavy for about 90 minutes, do cardio for 30 minutes plus two other days, and I still have trouble recovering in my 50s eating 160 grams of protein a day and losing weight on 2900 calories a day, eating more in the 3400 to 3600 for maintenance.

DK is a young, elite athlete in his prime with much higher energy needs than I have. His diet should include probably 200 or more grams of protein, a ton of quality carbs, and being easily in the 5000 to 6000 range during the regular season. I cannot believe a team investing millions in a player like DK would not ensure he is on a quality diet with team nutritionists.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:11 pm

I could not agree more with you Aseahawkfan. Which is why I find it bizarre he even states that he eats like that and can maintain such a physical physique. Eating candy on top of the amount of protein and carbs he needs would make sense, but just eating candy throughout a day with only coffee is hard to believe. Maybe this is his offseason routine, but here is a tid bit of when Hollywood Brown was with the ravens and he wanted to add 20lbs of muscle and he posted his 4K calories a day. He is clearly smaller than DK, but according to your regiment it would make sense he would need 6K calories a day.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1296452072016154625/photo/1
4XPIPS
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum