OT Virginia Tech Enter Sandman

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

OT Virginia Tech Enter Sandman

Postby 4XPIPS » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Every year there is a gotcha moment where it hits me personally where football season has arrived. Watching the Hokies entrance gives me goosebumps every time. I am not a fan of the Hokies, but I admire the home season opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MlkJHKfn8E
Last edited by 4XPIPS on Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Re: OT Virginia Tech Enter the Sandman

Postby trents » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:54 pm

I'm a Hokie alum and your are correct. That is a very moving moment at each VT home game. Nothing like it anywhere else, I think. In the day when Bud Foster was crafting those shutdown Hokie defenses it was even a more dramatic entre to the home games. I only hope the Hokies can recapture their former status as a perennial top 15 team. Beamer waited too long to retire and the program began to go downhill for the last several years of his tenure. Then Justin Fuente all but killed it with his dour approach to leadership that today's young athletes could not relate to. Brent Pry seems to be a much more positive guy.
trents
Legacy

Re: OT Virginia Tech Enter the Sandman

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:15 am

I was there for grad school back in 2007-2008. Only had a few opportunities to go to some home games, but, man, that intro is awesome. The whole stadium is just rockin'; the entire fan base is jumping up and down on the metal benches in synch with the beat. Unless my memory is faulty on this one, the head of the structural engineering department told us they did analysis and design on an addition to the stands to account for the fans jumping up and down to the intro. It was worth just to be in the stadium for the intro.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Re: OT Virginia Tech Enter Sandman

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:48 pm

My thoughts are if you can get this worked up watching it on video, I could only imagine what it would be like in person, the Hokies have a great thing going there
4XPIPS
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum