Week 1

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Re: Week 1

Postby HawkSis » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:11 am

While I do miss y’all, I hesitated to come into a forum of Hawk fans on Sunday. I couldn’t take it. It was a VERY BAD half of football, no doubt. But Pete is washed up after one loss (yes, it was as ugly a loss as I can remember)??? I’m hoping our tackles are ok…. There are 16 more to go, we will be better. Mark it down.
HawkSis
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:57 am

HawkSis wrote:While I do miss y’all, I hesitated to come into a forum of Hawk fans on Sunday. I couldn’t take it. It was a VERY BAD half of football, no doubt. But Pete is washed up after one loss (yes, it was as ugly a loss as I can remember)??? I’m hoping our tackles are ok…. There are 16 more to go, we will be better. Mark it down.

However bad off our starting tackles are, the Seahawks just signed 41-year-old Jason Peters. Offense is going to have a adjust and get the ball out quicker to have a chance to get by.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby HawkDawg » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm

MackStrongIsMyHero wrote:Take Metcalf out. He can’t be mature when they need him. Set them back 15 yards and killed what slim chance remained.

I'm so done with his poisonous, prima donna attitude. I don't think Diggs would have had a penalty if it weren't for DK throwing the first rock, igniting the poor sportsmanship mentality.

It was apparent when we signed him, the whole taking the shirt off thing when he met Carroll. How many chances have been screwed due to his antics over the past few years? He's like a Dennis Rodman wannabe. Get rid of him, get some cap space and find another Lockett mindset...or at least someone that has an ounce of humbleness. I know they're hard to come by.
HawkDawg
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:41 am

It didn't matter last game. It was already lost so I don't mind his antics. If it happens when it's close then there's a problem, but in a game like that I don't really care.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:44 am

However bad off our starting tackles are, the Seahawks just signed 41-year-old Jason Peters. Offense is going to have a adjust and get the ball out quicker to have a chance to get by.

We could see that coming. I wonder how much of the Cap space he will take up. Hopefully there will still be enough to get others as necessary during the rest of the year.
I just hope this isn't an injury fest type of year. We have so little quality depth at most positions that it would mean a long season and a high draft pick.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:47 am

NorthHawk wrote:It didn't matter last game. It was already lost so I don't mind his antics. If it happens when it's close then there's a problem, but in a game like that I don't really care.

It didn't look like there was much of a shot, but there was still a shot. His behavior was essentially him giving up and taking a shot while he could made all the worse that he let the Rams sideline goad him into a penalty after the fact. Even if its 4 touchdowns out of hand, have some pride and put your ego aside.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:50 am

NorthHawk wrote:We could see that coming. I wonder how much of the Cap space he will take up. Hopefully there will still be enough to get others as necessary during the rest of the year.
I just hope this isn't an injury fest type of year. We have so little quality depth at most positions that it would mean a long season and a high draft pick.

He's on the practice squad, so I'm guesssing pretty cheap. Him on the PS suggests Curhan and Forsythe will keep getting reps. I would guess he needs time to be in game shape anyway, whatever that looks like at 41.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:30 am

NorthHawk wrote:It didn't matter last game. It was already lost so I don't mind his antics. If it happens when it's close then there's a problem, but in a game like that I don't really care.

It very much mattered. There was 4:51 left in the game, we had all 3 timeouts, we were down by two scores, and we had the ball 2nd and 2 on our own 43. There was still a very real chance of us coming back and winning that game. Not only that, but it was a sign that we had given up, or at least Metcalf had. He's been around long enough now to where he should be taking on a leadership role and pumping up the guys to keep pushing even though the odds are against us.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401547408

Metcalf never has had his head in the game. Last season vs. the Steelers, he obviously wasn't aware of that which every 6th grader knows, that the clock is the enemy and to step out of bounds to stop it and instead, heads up field trying to be a me-first hero.

Please, quit making excuses for him! Metcalf has been an immature, me first jerk ever since he stepped on the field, and there is no sign that it's ever going to stop.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:17 am

We had already lost that game. We couldn't move the ball at all in the 2nd half and with 5 minutes left we weren't going to do it then.
We were simply outcoached, outschemed, and outplayed and especially so in the 2nd half.

And I'm not making excuses for him. I just don't think it mattered at that point in the game.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

Must we all hate the guy because you do Riv? Is it not OK for some of us to see past his perceived immaturity to the production he puts out on the field? I don't like it either, but I don't hate him for it.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:59 am

c_hawkbob wrote:Must we all hate the guy because you do Riv? Is it not OK for some of us to see past his perceived immaturity to the production he puts out on the field? I don't like it either, but I don't hate him for it.

First off, I don't "hate" Metcalf. That's the most misused term in the English language IMO. For me to hate someone means that I wish that they were dead, like a Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy. There are very few people on this planet who rise to that level in my mind. J/B I think someone is a jerk doesn't mean that I hate them.

Secondly, I was asking a friend not to make excuses, and tried to be polite about it by using the word "please" and by not ending the sentence with an exclamation point. What North Hawk said was false. At that point in the game, there was about a 1 in 20 chance of winning. Not very good odds if you're a betting man, but as a football player, more than enough to give it your all. Metcalf rolled over like a carp. That's not the type of leadership that I expect out of the high paid veterans on my team.

Let me ask you guys this: Suppose Pete, with 4:51 remaining, down by two scores, all 3 timeouts remaining, 2nd and 2 from his own 42, suddenly decided to empty his bench and pull all his starters. What would your reaction have been?
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 am

A 1 in 20 chance? I would say it was much less than that considering we only moved the ball about 3 yards at that point in the 2nd half and were being pushed around on both sides of the ball.
Also consider Geno isn't known for his amazing comebacks. He's not Russell Wilson in his prime willing the team to play bigger than they had been.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:52 am

NorthHawk wrote:A 1 in 20 chance? I would say it was much less than that considering we only moved the ball about 3 yards at that point in the 2nd half and were being pushed around on both sides of the ball.
Also consider Geno isn't known for his amazing comebacks. He's not Russell Wilson in his prime willing the team to play bigger than they had been.

Vegas has the point spread at 6, so I'm on the pessimistic side of the consensus.

I just got through looking at a power ranking, and it has us at #17 ten spots ahead of the Rams at #27. Apparently, the football world considers what happened last Sunday was a fluke.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 15#image=2
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:56 am

It's going to be tough to maintain that 17 ranking with both Tackles injured and against one of the better DLs in the league (World?). Along with a suspect Defense, it could be ugly.
But the game isn't played on paper so it might be a better game than I expect. Apparently both Witherspoon and Cam Young will be able to play.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby Uppercut » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:52 am

Seems the hawks start things out like they have never seen a football game in their life!

Hope Rams beat Niners this weekend, It would make this loss look a bit better. But need Lions to lay an egg, hoping Goff can help in that regard
Uppercut
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:05 am

NorthHawk wrote:It's going to be tough to maintain that 17 ranking with both Tackles injured and against one of the better DLs in the league (World?). Along with a suspect Defense, it could be ugly.
But the game isn't played on paper so it might be a better game than I expect. Apparently both Witherspoon and Cam Young will be able to play.

Young saw limited action last week (snaps: 2 on D; 8 on ST) and hasn't been on the injury report.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:39 am

NorthHawk wrote:It's going to be tough to maintain that 17 ranking with both Tackles injured and against one of the better DLs in the league (World?). Along with a suspect Defense, it could be ugly.

I think that a #17 power ranking is over inflated. After our performance last Sunday, I'd have us somewhere down in the mid 20's. If we turn in a solid performance this Sunday, then I could buy it. But not now.

Both Witherspoon and Young are a full go. Adams is unlikely to play as he's still being limited in practice. Cross didn't practice yesterday, nor did Boye Mafe and Mike Morris.
RiverDog
Legacy

Previous

Return to Seahawks Forum