Week 2

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Week 2

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:21 am

The week kicks off with the Vikings-Eagles on TNF, Amazon's first game of the season. Amazon felt a little burned in their first adventure into the NFL last year by drawing some real dogs for matchups, hence the league has appeased them by adding a flex schedule and have required some teams, us being one of them, to play twice on Thursdays.

I've been an Amazon Prime subscriber for for years, so it was no problem for me to watch the games. If you've never seen a game televised by Amazon, it's a little different as they have options for seeing real time stats provided by Next Gen and they superimpose lines/arrows/circles on receivers as the play unfolds. I don't particularly care for those options but some people might like them.

Our game at Detroit is going to be crucial. If we start the season 0-2, losing to two teams that failed to make the playoffs last year, we could be on a runaway train heading for a washed-out bridge. Our schedule is backloaded, with both Niners games, Eagles, and Cowboys all coming on or after the Thanksgiving.

There's a double header on MNF this week and they overlap, with Saints-Panthers starting at 4:15pm PT, and Browns-Steelers at 5:15pm. I guess they didn't like the late start for the 2nd game. I'll be having to multi task.
RiverDog
Legacy

Re: Week 2

Postby NorthHawk » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:29 am

I heard a statistic that gave teams starting at 0-2 only a 10% chance of getting into the playoffs.
I suspect it's weighted towards that low because most teams starting at 0-2 are bad teams. Then again, maybe we aren't that good. The rest of the season will tell us how good this team really is.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby c_hawkbob » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:40 am

I'm reasonably certain we'll be 0-2. Even then not a true disaster, but more apropos to the history of the annual ritual.
c_hawkbob
Legacy

Postby MackStrongIsMyHero » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:09 am

Really don't need to drop a second NFC matchup, and they need something to wipe the bad taste out of their mouths. Detroit at home isn't an easy out to do that, unfortunately. Waldron needs to have a gameplan to get the ball out quicker.
MackStrongIsMyHero
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:47 am

NorthHawk wrote:I heard a statistic that gave teams starting at 0-2 only a 10% chance of getting into the playoffs.
I suspect it's weighted towards that low because most teams starting at 0-2 are bad teams. Then again, maybe we aren't that good. The rest of the season will tell us how good this team really is.

It was 12%, but that was based on a 16 game schedule and 12 playoff teams, so it's probably closer to 20%. But that's still not very reassuring especially when you consider that our schedule is backloaded.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:50 am

It sounds like both our OT may be out. I doubt Geno can do the job in Detroit with both of our starting OTs out. Detroit has some new D-line guy that can be a problem.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 pm

All I can is "WOW"! We are now entering week 2 and how quickly the entire league can flip on it's self from one week to another. The story lines that build up all off season, and now we can see how quickly it becomes a completely different narrative.

Right when I thought what a gut punch for the Seahawks to start the season on such a S|-| | T showing of a game, and then you see Aaron Rodgers tear his Achilles, and the Jets were all in on this season run with Rodgers and Dalvin Cook. Not sure what is the bigger story line from that game that Aaron going down, or the Bills couldn't beat a Rodger-less Jets team. Bills are considered to be a Superbowl contender this year.

**Big Shocks after this week in College FB As well**
Alabama losing to Texas
Colorado starting 2-0, hate or like him he makes sports interesting
Pac 12 having 8 teams in the Top 25, which the Pac 12 will eventually be the Pac 2 next season.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:38 pm

4XPIPS wrote:All I can is "WOW"! We are now entering week 2 and how quickly the entire league can flip on it's self from one week to another. The story lines that build up all off season, and now we can see how quickly it becomes a completely different narrative.

Right when I thought what a gut punch for the Seahawks to start the season on such a S|-| | T showing of a game, and then you see Aaron Rodgers tear his Achilles, and the Jets were all in on this season run with Rodgers and Dalvin Cook. Not sure what is the bigger story line from that game that Aaron going down, or the Bills couldn't beat a Rodger-less Jets team. Bills are considered to be a Superbowl contender this year.

**Big Shocks after this week in College FB As well**
Alabama losing to Texas
Colorado starting 2-0, hate or like him he makes sports interesting
Pac 12 having 8 teams in the Top 25, which the Pac 12 will eventually be the Pac 2 next season.

Plus you can toss in the Lions upsetting the defending SB champs on their home turf. I don't think too many people saw that one coming, at least no one in our Pick'em league. The Browns beating the Bengals by 3 TD's has to be on the list, too.

I was glad to see the Cougs upset Wisconsin. I'm not a huge Coug fan, but I'd love to see them win the conference after being one of two left standing after the music stopped playing during this last round of realignment.

I'm excited for Week 2. I'm interested to see how Jalen Carter, the player we debated prior to the draft, performs when the Vikings play the Eagles this Thursday. Rams-Niners will be one that I'll be watching closely, and of course, our game with the Lions, of which I'm fully expecting us to lose but I want to see if Pete can get the attitude turned around or if it's more of the SOS we saw last Sunday. And, we have a double header on MNF, both this week and in Week 3.

Bottom line is that I'm loving it. This is my favorite time of the year, both weather wise and sports wise.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Aseahawkfan » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:25 pm

There were some crazy games in week 1.

Dallas winning 40 to 0.
Cleveland crushing Cinci definitely crazy.
Detroit looks legit. I think we will have a tough time with them.
Aseahawkfan
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:38 am

If you take last weeks results and interpolate for this week, the only thing that could stop the Lions is if they have a let down after a big emotional win last week.
I don't see Dan Campbell letting that happen, but it does more often than not with young teams still learning how to consistently win.
Having said that, there is so much parity in the league anything can happen and often does.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:44 am

An entertaining Sunday.

Besides our OT win over the Lions, there were several other upsets, with the Packers losing to the Falcons and the Titans beating the Chargers in OT.

The Giants' comeback win vs. the Cards was epic, something that hadn't happened to that franchise in something like a century. And did anyone watch the end of the Broncos-Commanders game, where Russell Wilson completed a Hail Mary on the last play of the game only to not to convert on the ensuing 2-point conversion?

Man, I love the Red Zone! And, my Fubo TV did just fine on its first weekend.

Tonight, we get the first of two MNF double headers, but with the close kickoff times, one kicks off at 4:15pm the other at 5:15, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage it. This time of year, I like sitting outside on my deck and stream the evening game on my tablet as I did last night with SNF, but with two games going on simultaneously, I might have to come indoors where I can have two games on two separate devices. Maybe I can talk the old lady into buying a tablet.
RiverDog
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum