Pete talking about playing the Lions: "we are playing one of

Official Seahawks Forum, for the 12th man, by the 12th man.

Pete talking about playing the Lions: "we are playing one of

Postby Spohawk5092 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:19 pm

Title should say " we are playing one of the best teams in the world." ok, and what are you doing to prepare your team for this game Coach??

Lions are 6 point favorites.
Spohawk5092
Legacy

Re: Pete talking about playing the Lions: "we are playing on

Postby I-5 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Best teams in the world describing NFL football, is like calling MLB the World Series or NBA World Champions. Even if we have better athletes that must countries, it’s still a misnomer and an example of national hubris. Only the World Cup truly deserves its title, or the Little League World Series.
I-5
Legacy

Postby 4XPIPS » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:56 pm

Spohawk5092 wrote:Title should say " we are playing one of the best teams in the world." ok, and what are you doing to prepare your team for this game Coach??

Aidan is going to have a field day with our reserve tackles. Seattle's offense needs to get rid of the ball quickly and hopefully sustain drives. However I can see A St. Brown scorching us up the middle like the Rams did, because he did it against the Chiefs.
4XPIPS
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:23 pm

Spohawk5092 wrote:Title should say " we are playing one of the best teams in the world." ok, and what are you doing to prepare your team for this game Coach??

I can't find where he said that. Not that I doubt you, but do you have a link? I'd like to see what kind of context he said it in.

It's a little odd to describe an NFL team as "best in the world" even though it's an accurate term. Most people will say "best in the league," "best in football", "best in the game", etc. Sounds like another one of Pete's superlatives. He can be full of more chit than a Christmas goose at times.

As much as the X's and O's, Pete needs to get this team mentally squared away. The players themselves were saying that the Rams "wanted it more" than we did, which was painfully evident in that last half of the 4th quarter. We raised the white flag way too early.

If we lose, I sure hope it's by only 6 points as is the spread. If we lose by 3 or more scores, I can see this season going sideways in a hurry as the back 9 of our schedule is Murderer's Row compared to the first half. If we can at least be competitive and turn in an inspired performance, then even if we lose, it won't be the end of the world. There's still plenty of time to turn it around.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby Spohawk5092 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:12 pm

Spohawk5092
Legacy

Postby RiverDog » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:30 pm

Spohawk5092 wrote:https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/sep/12/what-to-know-about-the-seahawks-week-2-opponent-th/

Thanks!

Not that it makes a great deal of difference, but Pete called the Lions "one of the hottest teams in the world”, not one of the best, which explains why I couldn't find the quote. Still, using the term "world" rather than the commonly used "league" is a weird way of describing a very good NFL team. But that's Pete.
RiverDog
Legacy

Postby NorthHawk » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:30 am

It's all part of Pete's way of motivating the team. A small part, but part of it nonetheless.
I just hope they are up to the task.
NorthHawk
Legacy

Return to Seahawks Forum